Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

How Can I Make First Class? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Make First Class? (12017 Views)

How To Make First Class In Any Africa Institution Even With Low IQ / 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation / How to make First Class/Good Grades in Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Make First Class? by blacq2009(m): 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
CLOUDGOSSIPS:
Please, can anybody tell me the cheapest way to make first class?

I just gained admission into a university.

Those are the words of David, a Jambite, in my school.

Please, answer him.

Thanks!

No shortcuts to heaven. Do the do.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make First Class? by Rose2014: 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
CLOUDGOSSIPS:

Please, answer him.

Thanks!

Op don't worry, some Nigerians say they'll vote for you without certificate. They said those without certificate are more qualified to change Nigeria cheesy
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
I wrote on this years ago. Check this out

http://www.jarushub.com/top-10-secrets-of-first-class-students/

But let me give you further hints:

1, You need a minimum level of natural brilliance. Don't know whether you satisfy this.

2, Do you have interest in the course? It must be a course you are comfortable with and passionate about.

3, Look for students in higher levels in your department that are in first class. Make friends with them. Ask for mentorship. Ask them how to go about each course, how they did their own

4, Develop a positive mindset that you can do it. Don't listen to prophets of doom that tell you you can never have first class.

5, Take your departmental handbook that shows all courses you are to offer from year 1 to final year. Write down the courses, set a target of say 4.70 to yourself, and calculate what you need to score in each subject to make the 4.70. Break it down further into semesters. At the beginning of each semester, set a sub-target.

6, Choose your electives wisely. At the early years, go for "quick-win" elective courses even if they're the least rich. At higher levels, you may begin to rank value of elective over cheapness

7, Learn the art of taking exams. Study the course takers. At the beginning of each course, ask your immediate seniors what the lecturer likes.

8, Be an all-rounder. Don't say you're only good in calculation and not theory. You have to learn how to be good in theory too. Even if involves cramming, so be it. All is fair.

9, Target to be the highest scorer in each course in your class.

10, Bear in mind that first-class stands you a decent employment or scholarship chance when you finish. So be ready to sacrifice now and enjoy later. This should keep you going.

I did most of these, and by God's grace, it worked.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Make First Class? by auntymi(f): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
Use different candles wen readiN
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by ifeoluwa232(f): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
Pray and read shocked
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by Emeralddd(f): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
Well my dear,First class isn't a ticket to a better life,u can ask those on the Jobs and vacancy section,they'll tell u...u shuld place ur eyes and mind on hw to better urself within and outside d walls of the school. Read to understand,nt to pass,participate in other activities,u never can tell wia God will bless u and then try to learn other skills too...all the best.
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by Adex097: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2015
Zohan:
Don't be a bookworm, read smart. If others are sorting, join them.. Dont be like "i know what i wrote" trust me, you'll get extra Years. Buy all textbooks and handouts. Visit all the lecturers that'll handle you every semester. Service them. I mean "SERVICE THEM WELL". ALSO DON'T FORGET TO EAT HARD AND PRAY HARD. LEAVE GIRLFRIENDS TILL YOUR FINAL YEAR.." I'M NOT TRYNA MISLEAD YOU BUH THIS IS THE SAME ADVICE AMA GIVE A BROTHER"
Lol...a 5.0 cgpa is sure with this.
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by dayoson0204(m): 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2015
CLOUDGOSSIPS:

Please, answer him.

Thanks!

Just understand yourself and don't be mechanistic about it. There's also need for consistency. Don't be depressed when u get it wrong. Rather, you should keep on. There's no easy way. You have to be ahead of your colleagues. Read more and try to understand what every course entails and how to battle it. Speaking from experience. My first two exams in UI, I had 3 points and 5 points respectively due to bad time management during the two exams. My course mates laughed at me when these first two results came out. Last week, final results were pasted and I happened to be the only first class in my department . My point is, don't be discouraged no matter what. Be self motivated. And yeah, participate in extracurricular activities. Don't be a "kwashiorkor" student. Good luck smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Make First Class? by chikahenry(m): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Jst buy d latest range rover sport 4 ur VC, HOD, n d DEAN of ur faculty das all
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2015
1. Be punctual and regular in lectures, practicals don't miss any, for some courses attendance carry marks.
2. Take notes extensively both during lectures and even practicals or even field trips.
3. Don't joke with assignments, tests, term paper, reports, field trips. Take them very serious. These small things make up your continuous assessment even to your GPA
4. Read the notes of every lecture, the day you had the lecture, no matter how small or big they are.
5. Make sure you cover everything you've been taught previously in a particular course before attending the next class.
6. Be smart, you don't have to read a whole textbook to have first class in Nigerian university just make sure you give full attention to school work and watch every lecturer know what they like and dislike, obey ALL their instructions.
7.To be frank with you, up to 95% of what would be set in exams is from your note so know your note inside-out.
8.Get closer to God, Join a fellowship on campus, you won't have time for girls, partying and all these social vices.

If you carry out No. 4,5 and 7 very well you would just be revising for exams.
#Attitude is everything - Build and ALWAYS maintain a Positive Attitude - #I can

#Best Wishes

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Make First Class? by dreezybines: 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote
author=dayoson0204 post=31166243]

Just understand yourself and don't be mechanistic about it. There's also
need for consistency. Don't be depressed when u get it wrong. Rather,
you should keep on. There's no easy way. You have to be ahead of your
colleagues. Read more and try to understand what every course entails
and how to battle it. Speaking from experience. My first two exams in
UI, I had 3 points and 5 points respectively due to bad time management
during the two exams. My course mates laughed at me when these first two
results came out. Last week, final results were pasted and I happened
to be the only first class in my department . My point is, don't be
discouraged no matter what. Be self motivated. Good luck smiley[/quote]

if what u typed is true men i respect u big time....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Make First Class? by fabokai(m): 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2015
you can buy phantom 2 n phantom 2 vision plus wit free shipment to ur location. contact: 08135700022 or email:samuel.okai@uas.ng

Re: How Can I Make First Class? by 2scorehigh(m): 12:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
Good intention. I like this. Shows a highly ambitious individual.

Just try and read this article Easy and Realistic Steps/Ways for Any Nigerian University Student to Make A First Class

I believe you will find the answers you seek there.

Keep it up and congratulations in advance.
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
missdebs:
just kill yourself...your social self(nairaland,fb,parties,girls). D rest shuld be a walk in d park
babe do u know I love u?
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by craix(m): 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Aim for the top and work for it
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by dayoson0204(m): 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
missdebs:
just kill yourself...your social self(nairaland,fb,parties,girls). D rest shuld be a walk in d park

Doesn't work with everyone that way
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by missdebs(f): 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
Frankmishael:
babe do u know I love u?
yes
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
missdebs:
yes
OK,pls accept my email have a nice gift for u
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2015
Exactly
missdebs:
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by Macintosh101(m): 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2015
CLOUDGOSSIPS:

Please, answer him.

Thanks!
Their is no cheap way to success
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by nuelldido(m): 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
gemtech:
1. Be punctual and regular in lectures, practicals don't miss any, for some courses attendance carry marks.
2. Take notes extensively both during lectures and even practicals or even field trips.
3. Don't joke with assignments, tests, term paper, reports, field trips. Take them very serious. These small things make up your continuous assessment even to your GPA
4. Read the notes of every lecture, the day you had the lecture, no matter how small or big they are.
5. Make sure you cover everything you've been taught previously in a particular course before attending the next class.
6. Be smart, you don't have to read a whole textbook to have first class in Nigerian university just make sure you give full attention to school work and watch every lecturer know what they like and dislike, obey ALL their instructions.
7.To be frank with you, up to 95% of what would be set in exams is from your note so know your note inside-out.
8.Get closer to God, Join a fellowship on campus, you won't have time for girls, partying and all these social vices.

If you carry out No. 4,5 and 7 very well you would just be revising for exams.
#Attitude is everything - Build and ALWAYS maintain a Positive Attitude - #I can

#Best Wishes
bro... God bless you I just learnt my lesson mostly reading lecturers note. unilorin lecturers do DAT a lot. God bless you bro
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 28, 2015
nuelldido:
bro... God bless you I just learnt my lesson mostly reading lecturers note. unilorin lecturers do DAT a lot. God bless you bro

Amen.
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by kingchuks101: 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2015
*Each Semester, target to get minimum of 7 A's and a B, out of 8 courses offered. In fact go for 8 A's
* To make it easy for you to get an A, you must take your continous assessment(CA) very seriously and make sure you averaged 27/30. This applies where CA is 30 marks and exam is 70.
*Let all your lectures know you personally and see you as a hard working student. Make it a point of duty to contact them and ask for clarification. Get gifts for them if you can afford it. This will translate your relationship with them from official to friendly.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make First Class? by veraiyke(m): 1:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
Der is nida cheap or cheapest way. Just b studious n prayerful. Dnt cheat n stop galivanting n ve a focus
CLOUDGOSSIPS:

Please, answer him.

Thanks!
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by ojoe88(m): 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2015
board a first class flight
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by jayAjoku(m): 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ehmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...... Really ? ?
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by coolsegun2002: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
Well its not so hard...nd its kinda hard also...u don't need to be extremely brilliant to make a first class but u need to be good..u need hard work nd dedication, nd a bit of luck or shuld I just say favour...u need hard work to read all the lecture notes, u can't afford to try ur luck by selecting a few parts u feel will come out in the exam..so read all..well, the luck part is dis...I'm sure uve heard of missing script..what if u do well nd ur script gets missing or the lectures just fought with his wife when marking ur paper...nd why did I say u don't need to be extremely brilliant..9 student graduated with a first class in my set..1 out of 9 is this lady dats my friend tola by name..ask tola after the exam what she read nd the application or for her to expalain what she read in other words aside that of the handout..mehn she can't ooo..what am I saying ??...tola can cram a whole text book over night and remember word for word for a feww hrs nd that's it..I wasn't much of a good crammer so I read my books as the the lecturers rolled dem out..somme 3 or four times over b4 exam nd a final reading a night b4 exam den am good to go..well I ddnt make 1st class I finished with cgpa of 4.43...why? Remember I said read all ,dnt select..I selected a few so I guess I just got unlucky...all in all my best wasn't enuf...so do what is required cos that best of urs might not just be enuf..
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by nickydof(m): 1:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
missdebs:
Like your response! But I think it goes beyond killing yourself. You have to have the fundation first before killing yourself, reading regularly, knowing the methods of the lecturers and finally but most important pray steadily for God's favour!

First class no be here o
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by valianty(m): 1:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
First class is good but scarce in government universities. If you attend private university you can get it easily. Now to your question, take every assignment and CA seriously get at least 25 marks before exams. Then look for the remaining 45 marks in exams. Memorize some notes if need be because some lecturers like it that way. Understand your reading pattern and keep to it. Keep the right group of people around you who have similar dream. Remember first class starts at 4.5 ie 50% B grades plus 50% A grades for your allocated units. So when you fall below B grades get more As to eliminate the short fall. It's a pride to have a first-class especially from a government federal or state university where it is not easy to get it. See you at the finish line!
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by Bamoha(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
ObaOlodo:
Free advice pal... Do your best for a First Class, but dnt kill yourself over it. Its not worth dying for.
Academic prowess opens doors for you, but that's all it does!! You gotta develop many other skills to soar you through life and sustain your professional life.
Don't purse a First class to extents of missing those vital skills!

BTW, I am well qualified to tip you on making a First-class.... wink
RESPECT!!!
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by chemmerfrank(m): 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
strike a balance between your social life and education.. or else youll get first class..and the rest of your life would be crap..
who first class help sef?? just perform to the best of your ability, forget scores and marks jare. they dont gurantee anything.
Re: How Can I Make First Class? by chemmerfrank(m): 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
nickydof:

Like your response! But I think it goes beyond killing yourself. You have to have the fundation first before killing yourself, reading regularly, knowing the methods of the lecturers and finally but most important pray steadily for God's favour!

First class no be here o
mtchw...kill your social life first, then you wont be in nairaland typing trash.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Work And Uses Of Psychologist? / How To Make Payments To CAC Using Remita / Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.