Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,505 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:45 PM

Is Sony Ericsson K850i A Symbian Phone? "what Is The Meaning Of Symbian Phone" - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Sony Ericsson K850i A Symbian Phone? "what Is The Meaning Of Symbian Phone" (5186 Views)

Easy | How To Hack Symbian Phone S60v3 S60v5 S^3 Anna Belle / Hack Your Symbian Phone In 3mins(v3,v5,anna,belle) Now / Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Is Sony Ericsson K850i A Symbian Phone? "what Is The Meaning Of Symbian Phone" by adewsteve: 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2009
I want to know if .sis application will work on my sony ericsson k850i,

Please is sony ericsson k850i a symbian phone
and what is the meaning of symbian phone?
Re: Is Sony Ericsson K850i A Symbian Phone? "what Is The Meaning Of Symbian Phone" by naijafan(m): 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2009
Its not a symbian phone.

you can find more information about symbian here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbian
Re: Is Sony Ericsson K850i A Symbian Phone? "what Is The Meaning Of Symbian Phone" by geolabious(m): 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2009
[size=13pt]All the latest phones fo nokia (i.e the S60 series including 6600,7610 etc, ) are symbian java technology that is an evolution of Java on Symbian OS technology.

The attractions of Java as a development environment were recognized early on by Symbian, which made a strategic decision to provide a first-class Java runtime environment to supplement the native C++ environment. This opened up Symbian OS phones to the 3 million Java developers.

Symbian’s first Java implementation, based on Sun’s JDK 1.1.4, was released as part of Symbian OS v5 in 1999.

Symbian OS v6.0 also provided an implementation of Sun’s JavaPhone API, a vertical extension to the PersonalJava platform, providing access to the underlying phone functionality including the ability to:
1. Access telephony functionality
2. Send and receive datagrams
3. Manipulate address book and calendar information.

Benefits of Java on Symbian OS

Developers, network operators, and service providers will benefit from the added value provided by Java on Symbian OS:
Symbian’s Java implementation is robust. It is running on the Symbian OS kernel, which is itself designed to operate reliably. User data loss in Symbian OS phones is very rare, and system resets are rarely required.
Symbian OS Java is fast. Symbian’s MIDP 1.0 provides support for ARM’s VTK software accelerated interpreter, whilst MIDP 2.0 uses Sun’s CLDC HI VM. Symbian’s Java UI components map directly to native UI components. Symbian OS in turn is extremely efficient.
The Java implementation has a small footprint, taking advantage of Symbian OS’s lean and mean philosophy.
Symbian’s implementation of new APIs derived from the Java Community Process is extending the functionality of MIDlets.

DIFFERNECE BETWEEN JAVA GAMES & APPLICATION AND SYMBIAN GAMES & APPLICATIONS
java games & apps are written by the java language
symbian games & apps are written by the c++ language
java games are of .jar and .jav extension
symbian are of .sis extension
in general sis <symbian > are used for the nokia s60 phones as far as symbian games go, they are meant for symbian phones. They work like your normal games, except that they require installation. plus some of them have great add-ons like one i know which makes you aim (using the camera viewfinder) and fire at targets!

I hope this can help you out[/size]
Re: Is Sony Ericsson K850i A Symbian Phone? "what Is The Meaning Of Symbian Phone" by Tumm(m): 7:55pm On Jan 15, 2009
geolabious u must be a symbian fone urself.
Just trying to be funny, anyway i love ur xplanation. But d problem is dat ur info wil not last here 4eva. I wud b glad if u can send it to my box-raytilldate@yahoo.com.thanks

(1)

How To Charge Your Phone Without Electricity / Free 1gb For Mtn Users Only!! / Whats The Longest Time You've Spent On A Phone Call?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.