Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Advise Needed Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise Needed Pls (1111 Views)

Advise Needed From Mature Minds / Advise Needed On Wife's Behaviour / Maternity Leave During Nysc..advice Needed Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed Pls by Noloss(f): 9:32am On Feb 28, 2015
We are living in a one story building where d land lord occupied upstir and there 2 flats down stirs. We're at d back flat(since jan 2014), Jan dis year, d front flat was let out to another tenant by d Landlord without former introduction of d. Tenants to us. Dat tenant has packed in without any formal greetings, just doing their things but we havn't met outside. My question is dis, do I just do my things n greet them if we meet outside d compound or knock their door to greet or ignore them completely? Mature n experienced minds only pls

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls by Dahjhi: 9:43am On Feb 28, 2015
I wan pass by before, but I don see say you be deeper lifer.. Greeting them won't affect you a bit.. So break the ice and say hello.. If they responded fine.. And if not nothing do you.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls by Dyt(f): 9:45am On Feb 28, 2015
I just love my Yoruba ppl
grin grin
Re: Advise Needed Pls by spyg1(m): 9:48am On Feb 28, 2015
No vex, i guess that tenant have the following qualities;
1 male
2 super rich
3 handsome
4 single.

My advice start going to his bedroom to greet him like your father, but remember to wear mini skirt.

But,
I know new co-tenants greets first, unless u r up to something
Re: Advise Needed Pls by Dahjhi: 9:49am On Feb 28, 2015
Dyt:
I just love my Yoruba ppl
grin grin
make she follow you go some places whey be say tenents nor even see each others faces talkless greetings bah? smiley
Re: Advise Needed Pls by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 28, 2015
See person problem! I dey think of important things na greeting be your problem.

Greet them.
Re: Advise Needed Pls by Chubhie: 9:57am On Feb 28, 2015
it would have be ideal you take some home baked chin chin and groundnuts to your new occupants as a good soul. But, this is nigeria where people are even afraid of their own shadows. You should understand families have histories and secrets. You seem to have genuine intentions but the idea is not to be too fronting either to scare them or you being taking advantage as a result of your kind heart. Bid your time and study them and if there's a common ground all well and good but if not respect and appreciate the difference and never take things personal. Or maybe you worry and care too much? You may need to slow down and understand that people are capable of taking care of themselves and have choices to make.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls by Noloss(f): 10:01am On Feb 28, 2015
Dahjhi:
I wan pass by before, but I don see say you be deeper lifer.. Greeting them won't affect you a bit.. So break the ice and say hello.. If they responded fine.. And if not nothing do you.

Thanks. U know flat things, we've not met outside, if we meet I'll surely greet but what of if we didn't meet outside for days
Re: Advise Needed Pls by Dahjhi: 10:07am On Feb 28, 2015
Noloss:

Thanks. U know flat things, we've not met outside, if we meet I'll surely greet but what of if we didn't meet outside for days
like say your over pekeh don much self so do this
spyg1:
1 male
2 super rich
3 handsome
4 single.
My advice start going to his bedroom to greet him like your father, but remember to wear mini skirt.
But,
Re: Advise Needed Pls by Noloss(f): 10:08am On Feb 28, 2015
spyg1:
1 male
2 super rich
3 handsome
4 single.

But,

Dey're family not single, we've not met. So, I don't know their personalty
Re: Advise Needed Pls by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
It's refreshing to see someone who cares in this manner, but I wouldn't suggest going to knock on their door. You will meet outside sooner or later, so just wait till then. When the opportunity presents itself, greet and introduce yourself. You will also get a glimpse of their personality and how you should be relating to them. Right now don't worry yourself unnecessarily because you haven't met nor greeted them yet.
Re: Advise Needed Pls by sisisioge: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
We all know the right thing to do...knock on their door and introduce yourself and family to them. However, this is Nigeria, greet them when you jam and let them know you are the neighbor next door. Who knows, your neighbor could be the one sitting on a biz/job/favour/info you need to move to the next level...greeting them won't take away from your dignity.
Re: Advise Needed Pls by Cutehector(m): 1:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
How can u live wit sum1 in d same compound and una no sabi unAselves? Who does dat?
Re: Advise Needed Pls by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
People are all different and you dont know peoples historys.
I heard a story of a man who doesnt greet anyone or attend any community meetings and some people were complaining. It was later that they found out that in his old house, his wife was sleeping with another tennant in the same compound.

Some people just want to be left alone and some people are "people People"
Give these new tennants time. They too may be taking their time to survey their environment before gettign too friendly with people.

Some people like their privacy and the fact that they live in the same compound doesnt mean that they have to be pally pally with you.

(1) (Reply)

He Backed Out Days Before Their Wedding / What Is Most Important In Marriage?is It Equal Rights Or Equal Responsibilities? / 6 Tips In Raising The Nigerian Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.