Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

How Can I Stop Listening To Music? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Can I Stop Listening To Music? (2221 Views)

Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! / How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? / Effects Of Reciting The Qur’an In Comparison To Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Champion01(m): 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
My name is Sulaiman. I loved listening to music such that I was addicted to it. 2years ago, I decided not to listen to music again nor sing any song base on the fact that music is bad in Islam. Although I av deleted all d songs on my phone but whenever I hear music, I can't help but to sing it. How can I stop this pls?
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Bamoha(m): 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
bismillahi rahmanir raheeem....asalamu alaikum dear brother
u said u av deleted d songs on ur fone, Alhamdulilah dats a beautiful beginning bt u should be the one to work towards purifying ur self and ur heart so that Allah could be pleased with you...lemme share this verse with you
"Remember Allah abundantly, in order
that you become successful" Quran
(Surah 8: Verse 45)
this means you shoul engage youself in acts dat make u remember Allah more often...like recitin the quran, reciting dhikr like..subhanallah, Alhamdulilah, Allahu akbar, Astaghfirullah and the likes and inshaa Allah you will b succesfull May Allah make it easy for you and make us all inhabitants of jannah in the hereafter

i stand to b corrected!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Champion01(m): 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bamoha:
bismillahi rahmanir raheeem....asalamu alaikum dear brother
u said u av deleted d songs on ur fone, Alhamdulilah dats a beautiful beginning bt u should be the one to work towards purifying ur self and ur heart so that Allah could be pleased with you...lemme share this verse with you
"Remember Allah abundantly, in order
that you become successful" Quran
(Surah 8: Verse 45)
this means you shoul engage youself in acts dat make u remember Allah more often...like recitin the quran, reciting dhikr like..subhanallah, Alhamdulilah, Allahu akbar, Astaghfirullah and the likes and inshaa Allah you will b succesfull May Allah make it easy for you and make us all inhabitants of jannah in the hereafter

i stand to b corrected!
Jazakumullah khairan broda for d comment.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by mohammad11: 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
Let your heart strongly be against it.

If you cant control our soul when its being played(music) then
The alternative is to replace it(listening of music) with Qur‘anic recitation and Islamic lectures...
May Allah increase us in faith, aameen.

This post is liable to correction(s) if need be.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Champion01(m): 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
mohammad11:
Let your heart strongly be against it.

If you cant control our soul when its being played(music) then
The alternative is to replace it(listening of music) with Qur‘anic recitation and Islamic lectures...
May Allah increase us in faith, aameen.

This post is liable to correction(s) if need be.
Tanx a lot broda. D major problm is d environment I am. My neighbours always play music nd dia is practically nfin I can do to stop it.
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by mohammad11: 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
Champion01:
Tanx a lot broda. D major problm is d environment I am. My neighbours always play music nd dia is practically nfin I can do to stop it.

The lowest you can do, is to reget it with our mind.

Allah knows best.
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Champion01(m): 7:28am On Mar 01, 2015
mohammad11:

The lowest you can do, is to reget it with our mind.

Allah knows best.
. Ma sha Allah.
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
Download Qur'an and Nasheeds.
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Champion01(m): 10:20am On Mar 05, 2015
YourMain:
Download Qur'an and Nasheeds.
All right. Done.
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Mubbyleey(m): 10:24am On Mar 05, 2015
Champion01:
All right. Done.
dispose ur T.V too.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by EmmGee: 8:16am On Mar 06, 2015
Get an earpiece
Fill ur mobile or laptop with Qur'anic recitation n preachings.

Whenever d music starts, go to ur room, plug in ur earpiece nd press play.
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Champion01(m): 5:50am On Mar 07, 2015
Mubbyleey:
dispose ur T.V too.
Never get one anyway cus I'm a student.
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Champion01(m): 5:51am On Mar 07, 2015
EmmGee:
Get an earpiece
Fill ur mobile or laptop with Qur'anic recitation n preachings.

Whenever d music starts, go to ur room, plug in ur earpiece nd press play.
All right bro.
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by bintalabi(f): 11:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
I was addicted to music and I love to dance during my lower levels in university despite the fact that I cover my head, attend tefsir n ushra classes.

There was a time in 300 level, everywhere I go (including classrooms, because most of our lecturers were pastors), talking was either about punishment of the grave or that of hell fire.
'Grave no escape' lecture was the hottest I've ever heard
Grave was what I feared most, I can't remember when music spirit vanishes in me because before i graduated i felt antipathy towards anything musical.

The fear of the punishment of Allah made me succumb to His commands.
Always remember that for every sin there is a punishment for it,
I now love and fear Allah alone

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by RAO1(m): 8:46am On Mar 11, 2015
It is not very easy once you are addicted ..If I hear any of my favourite songs (bk den)my mind follows...The mind is veeeeryyyyy RIGID.... However, Just try and feel "bad" whenever U hear ppl playing in ur neighborhood ..I stopped listening to music(of any form ) in 2012 after a lecture organized M.S.S.N(The Polytechnic, Ibadan chapter )during Jihad Week.... I ddnt feel sick(of it) nor loose anything since i stopped listening to #SatanInstrumentCalledMusic....
#Alhamdulilah!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Champion01(m): 10:57pm On Mar 14, 2015
Tank to y'all. May Allah reward u abundantly.
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 17, 2015
Learn proper recitation with tajweed. Seriously.
Come back after 3months and tell me how effective that is.
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Rilwayne001: 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mubbyleey:
dispose ur T.V too.

Lol.

Well, I am not addicted to music but I do listen to music.
Re: How Can I Stop Listening To Music? by Champion01(m): 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol.

Well, I am not addicted to music but I do listen to music.
According to wat my brodas nd sisters av been saying so far, listening to music is as bad as addictn.

(1) (Reply)

Racism In Islam: Why Do Arab Muslims Call Blacks Abeed. / How To Complete The Missed Rakat(s) Of Solat / Ruling On Kufr Duna Kufr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.