Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,989 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill (8591 Views)

Lagos Airport Staff Who Steals Passengers' Belongings Discovered (pics, Video) / 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by ifypedro38(m): 1:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
Good tips
Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by saddler: 1:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
OK...will be back to comment
Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by seedorfg(m): 1:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
fashola is working and competent in the administration while, GEJ is clueless and incompetent in the administration. anyway sai GMB
Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by salaboiz(m): 1:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
Na wash
Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by Dottore: 1:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
Somebody called from MM airport panting that she's a bomb explosion survivor. She said she's heading to market to buy things for thanksgiving tomorrow for surviving the explosion. Now I know the woman wasn't informed of the drill. She said her prophet had asked her to pray very well before her trip to Dubai today. I wonder how she would feel when she's infomed that the bomb scare was a mere drill. She has even cancelled her trip to Dubai today. Naija sani fear ooo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by 1MCN: 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2015
It's Kano Int'l Airport that needs this drill most.
Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by kelvine(m): 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2015
Tell us this is a joke grin grin grin

Dottore:
Somebody called from MM airport panting that she's a bomb explosion survivor. She said she's heading to market to buy things for thanksgiving tomorrow for surviving the explosion. Now I know the woman wasn't informed of the drill. She said her prophet had asked her to pray very well before her trip to Dubai today. I wonder how she would feel when she's infomed that the bomb scare was a mere drill. She has even cancelled her trip to Dubai today. Naija sani fear ooo
Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by Dottore: 1:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
kelvine:
Tell us this is a joke grin grin grin

It's no joke ooo my brother. I started making calls to know what's up in Lag before someone told me there's actually a "serious" bomb scare that people are running away out of panic.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by mytime24(f): 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
All na wash
Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by internetpo(m): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
Naija no dey carry last. Nice idea . let it go round the nations airports
Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 01, 2015
kelvine:
If I understand this,they want to do a bomb-drill ? This is new,people will definitely panic, some may faint. There are no emergency action plans in the event of a real life bomb attack. Bomb blast is not the same as fire outbreak,once it comes it strikes like a thunder. Only thing they can do is damage control and emergency evacuation.

The drill is actually to test an emergency action/response plan. They have action plans which they will follow already. It will be really stupid of them if they try to do this without such a plan. As a matter of fact, I consider this a full Tier 3/Class 3 Response. Because the Police (bomb disposal squad), Immigration service, customs, SSS, Paramedics/Ambulances, and other government agencies will have to play a role.

They must have in their plan means to calm people down and evacuate people in an orderly manner. Otherwise they will be asking for total panic.

Anyway, they do this to learn and improve. I hope it all goes well and they do this more often to improve.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Has Been to London? / How Safe Is Port-harcourt Now For Someone Living Abroad Travelling Home? / What Do I Say My Nationality Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.