Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church (19302 Views)

Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave / Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? / Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
You no see mindset wey bible believing church goer get
' becos my dad doesnt provide for the family I shouldn't obey him'
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
money121:

that statement is too bad of u..
Even if his not responsible.. U dont need to bring that issue to nairaland..
Becos without him u will nt b in dis world..
And ur mum feeding the family dat is not a big deal ok..

And no b new tin ok..

Am 100% sure if is ur mum dat stop u for not goin to that new church u wil listen rty??

Please apologise...

undecided undecided

do i look like the op?

apologize for what?

It is her life, if she decided to put her whole life online how is that your business?

don't bring any of my family into this, i dey beg u now.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by iwezor1(m): 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
undecided Kill him
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Melahou(m): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
When you get married and leave your father's house then you can consider doing that.

Or probably when you start staying alone.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by hahn(m): 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
money121:

yeah u are very rty.. But u mean she shuld not listen to her dad??

She should follow her heart AFTER she has gained her independence. That's why I said she should start working towards it. She is still under his control
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Maser: 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
You need to come for counselling at my Church:

Synagogue of Holy Sabatherians & the Arch-Angels

#12 Aladura Crescent, Badagry, Lagos
Come fasting 3 days dry
Items to bring; 2 white pigeons, 7 red candles and salt. We will also need to bath you and clear many issues about your life. Please come in a clean white garment and bare footed.

Its an instant miracle centre. Your life will never be the same again
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Edusouls(m): 6:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
taahh, wich church did you find miracle and rest of mind, these gullible girls which we call church prostitutes are the cheaply won victims for these new generation churches, women always jumping from one church to another looking for what i dont really know, a young girl who is lucky to have his parents alive and buoyant enough to take care of her needs, what else is her problems? What is he really looking for by prostitiuting across churches, life of confusion have led most women astray. Am happy you have a firm father who has principles, he has spoken so forget it and focus on the most important things, you are not yet intelligent and matured enough to make decisions, because you were just totally brainwashed...

1 Like

Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by AKPAKA(m): 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
I guess you found a boyfriend in the new Church. Peace of mind my foot.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by meforyou1(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
All churches are d same, trust me
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by kennytidistar(m): 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
do you know the neuro psychology implications of what you intend doing, the Bible put the family first before any form of association or organization, if you get married you can move to your husband church but since you are still under you father's roof, you must comply because to build a compact family is not rice and beans.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by synergycom19: 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
Unfortunately,most unfortunately,our MOG have turned Christians against each other,this is a Crime against JESUS CHRIST,who prayed passionately that let them be ONE as o and you are ONE. She should follow her parents a d ignore all the gossips afterall she is there to serve GOD not Man
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by money121(m): 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
bangleslover:

undecided undecided

do i look like the op?

apologize for what?

It is her life, if she decided to put her whole life online how is that your business?

don't bring any of my family into this, i dey beg u now.

ehyaa no vex... I think say na u b the yeye op sef..

Oya mabinu grin

1 Like

Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by synergycom19: 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
meforyou1:
All churches are d same, trust me
They are supposed to be the same,but our MOG/GO have deliberately created divisions among christains in order to ensure membership and followership of there churches. JESUS never said or send kanyone to Build a Fortress Called Church, He says"Thou art Peter,upon this rock I shall build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevailed against it" JESUS CHRIST is the one to build the church,and he sent the Holy Spirit to be the Teacher

1 Like

Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by anthoniaz(f): 7:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
@Op,you have to take it step by step.

When I graduated I found it difficult worshipping in my mum's church (my dad wasn't going to church then) because all they preach about is how one church did somethingg, how girls paint lips bla bla bla.They condemn other churches,they believe they are holier than other Christians yet they are so wicked to one another and little girls are getting pregnant without being married.

When my mum refused with all those "I'm your mum, you have to worship where everyone is", I stopped going to church, she shouted and shouted until she was tired and allowed me to attend a church of my choice till I got married.

You know your father, parents will always be parents.Look for a way to handle he situation.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
Your dad still owns you until you are ready to settle down on your own, and @ such, you must abide by his rules and regulations..

Btw, why care so much about gossips? You think it's better somewhere else? The primary reason for going to church is to serve God.. Close your eyes and ears to the gossips cos they will surely come..

iwezor1:
undecided Kill him

Like seriously undecided undecided.. You need help..
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by henryutd(m): 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
Looking for where you will worship with trouser, uncovered hair, short skirt and tight dresses.

Follow your Dad. No miracle is better than heaven.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by Breeze5000: 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
Daisydeevarh:
Please I need advice on what to do, I have decided to change my church from the main family church to a new one mainly because I find peace and rest of mind in this new church unlike the other where you can't comfortably sit because gossipers are every where and they are both bible-believing church but my Dad has threatened to deal with me if I change saying he ownse my life and he decides what I do with it and so I can't leave the church but that's where my mind is and I believe I own my life so I decide what I do with it and also have been experiencing unexpected miracle since I joined this church. Please I need your advice on what to do. Thanks

Your Dad does not own your Life just as his own Dad doesn't own his Life... At a time he had to decide whether he is about worshiping GOD or being in a particular Congregation. My advice is if you still live under his roof and he pays your Bills and takes care of your needs, then remain in your family Church as u can serve and worship GOD anywhere regardless. But if you are an Adult that has moved out and take care of your own Bills then please go and worship where you find Peace.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by favouryemmy: 7:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
My lady, you have to listen to your father. I mean don't leave the church without his consent until at least you get married and leave his house. However, if you still wish to change church now, use wisdom. Pray to God and let Him guide you on how to get your dad to agree with you. If you force yourself out, you'll be at loggerheads with your dad and that's not right. Every one has a soft spot. Wishing you well.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by kingpin4real: 7:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
Since u r staying wit ur dad and he is de 1 responsible 4 ur walfare. I advice u obey til u leav him. But ur dad should giv u de freedom of worship. What rili wrong wit our parent dis days?
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by oyejideogunjumo: 7:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
Daisydeevarh:
Please I need advice on what to do, I have decided to change my church from the main family church to a new one mainly because I find peace and rest of mind in this new church unlike the other where you can't comfortably sit because gossipers are every where and they are both bible-believing church but my Dad has threatened to deal with me if I change saying he owns my life and he decides what I do with it and so I can't leave the church but that's where my mind is and I believe I own my life so I decide what I do with it and also have been experiencing unexpected miracle since I joined this church. Please I need your advice on what to do. Thanks
U CANT CHANGE UR CHURCH JUST because OF SOME PEOPLE.IF U GET TO D NEW CHURCH&SETTLE AND LATER DISCOVER SUCH THING OR ANOTHER BAD THING WHAT DO U DO?CHANGE AGAIN?RATHER PRAY DA GOD SHOULD LEAD UUR LIFE MAY INFLUENCE DEM POSITIVE IF GOD WANTS U TO BE THERE.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by firmytobad(m): 7:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
you're sounding as if you are underage saying its not your dad dat cater for your welfare.... maybe he thinks you are not old enough apprentely
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by anwo247: 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
How old are you ?

Sure you shd be younger than your dad. There is no perfect church.

Obey your father and mother so that your days will be long.

When you get married, you may end up telling your husband that you want to change church.

If you are a good girl, you shd find peace in your family church. Heaven is the common denominator

MAIN ADVISE: Have you tried praying against rebellious spirit? Try it now and thank me later.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by notoriousbabe: 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
Daisydeevarh:
Please I need advice on what to do, I have decided to change my church from the main family church to a new one mainly because I find peace and rest of mind in this new church unlike the other where you can't comfortably sit because gossipers are every where and they are both bible-believing church but my Dad has threatened to deal with me if I change saying he owns my life and he decides what I do with it and so I can't leave the church but that's where my mind is and I believe I own my life so I decide what I do with it and also have been experiencing unexpected miracle since I joined this church. Please I need your advice on what to do. Thanks
go look for husband marry,when you marry finish,that settles the wahala
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by notoriousbabe: 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
[/quote]
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by HOKIM(m): 8:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
u see dearly beloved in christ , this is my second post on NL and i cudnt help but want to comment.... U see 1cor 1-11 to the end spoke of tinz like dis... First of all u must get ur facts straight and define what u think a "church" is... A church isnt a building where believers worship buh the body of christ ,which is the coming together of believers. Jesus when speaking to the woman by the well told her that people worship what they dont know but there will come a time when anyone that must worship God must worship him in spirit and truth... Dat time beloved of YESHUA is naw... It doesnt matter what ur assembly(church) is... So long as they believe on the Lord YeSHUA(Jesus) .... Pray that Opens ur inner eyes even as u study the scripture by the leading of the Holy Ghost Acts1:8... And let him help u see the real YHWH not the god that our hrts have created which is idolatry buh the True Living YHWH.... Study the scriptures ,in it u will find eternal life... Miracles and blessing are attachments .. Ur true service of Jesus is what is Key...
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by kpolli(m): 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
Eberex:

Lame advice. If you are a father, you would like your daughter to talk to you that way abi? He is right to tell her as long as she is under his care he makes some decision for her. Until she leaves his home then she can decide on her religion.

Oh my guess is that you're one of those guys who believe once they take care of someone, they own them.... Well if you feel the father has the right to tell her how and where to worship God then I won't even stress myself arguing with you.....
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by 1stola: 8:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
Daisydeevarh:
Yea I know but my father ain't the one financing me my mum is, he hardly drops money for us as children my mum is the one doing everything but I would try and stick to your advice
UGLY AND DISOBEDIENT CHILD.
YOU NEED YOUR SILLY ĄSS WELL SPANKED.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by sexyattorney(f): 8:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
Daisydeevarh:
What's the name of the new church and the location? I need miracles too.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by incrediblestev: 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
kpolli:

Oh my guess is that you're one of those guys who believe once they take care of someone, they own them.... Well if you feel the father has the right to tell her how and where to worship God then I won't even stress myself arguing with you.....

which kind nonsense you dey talk for mouth sef..... Have you even seen the picture of the kid. You mean you would let a child under your roof make decisions such as this on her own because you want to show that you are a 21st century dad or what..... Scheeew......

Growing up as a youngster, church was not my thing, my mum decided the church everyone attended, dad goes when he feels like.... As much as I did not like the hours of shouting and muttering gibberish in the name of prayers, I never contested my being there. The only thing I did was device a way to attend the church sessions close to when they were rounding up...... After a while, I just naturally started attending Christ Embassy and became very interested and committed, my parents who were very impressed at my level of seriousness knowing that I was really not into the church thing allowed me...... Shebi na me tire, come begin siddon house back.

What I am trying to say is this, don't go into a fight with any of your parents over the church you want to attend, besides your reasons are very flimsy and the name of your new church obviously gives me the story, firebrand....... At your age, parents know best.
Re: Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church by 5minsmadness: 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
Daisydeevarh:
Even the bible says to 'Honour your father and your mother so that your days may be long in the land which the Lord your God gives you.'

Having said that, a lot depends on your age. If you are below 18 and still living in your parent's house then I advise you to follow your dad's admonishing. You can find time to visit the other church during thier midweek service or even after your family church's Sunday service but don't bring discord to the family by being rebellious because you think you have 'seen the light'. I can tell you that it never works out on the long run.

If you are above 18 and still living in your father's house I advice you still follow the above.

If you are above 18 and living in hostel or on your own then its simple. Go to your church when you are in hostel/your own place, and go to the family church when in your father's house.

Don't let anyone deceive you with 'I came to put a sword between father and son...' and all that. Most of the time they are looking out for their own selfish interests and how to swell thier church or defend thier own actions.

Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Older Nigerian Men How Did You Survive Nigeria In Your 20s / Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / Thomas Ereyitomi Pays Bride Price On Corpse Of Caroline Okorodudu His Dead Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.