Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,794 members, 7,798,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Get Skilled And Get A Job As A Freelancer In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Get Skilled And Get A Job As A Freelancer In Nigeria (865 Views)

Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / God Gave Me A Nice Job As My Xmas Present -PHOTO / 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Looking For Job As A Graduate! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Skilled And Get A Job As A Freelancer In Nigeria by skillmyman(m): 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
With the slide in the price of crude oil with no end in sight, The 2015 budget for the country has hit the rocks.
Nigeria relies 90% on crude oil and with the issues on ground which is affecting every part of the economy, oil giant across the world are sacking their workers in droves and this has also started in Nigeria first with the banks sacking their staff since the deposit from the oil sector is not coming as it used to.

For now, unemployment is going to increase drastically and it is important that we get ready to face the reality.
It is also important to note that employers will prefer to outsource some projects to reduce the overhead cost and this is where freelancing makes the difference.

To be able to freelance successfully, you must have a skill that can earn you income. skills like :
programming
web development
mobile apps development
article writing
graphic designs
social media consulting
business plan writing
website design
etc.

These are skills that can make you a regular income without even knowing the person that is giving you the job.

in order to be a freelancer, there are a lot of courses online that you can take advantage of. some of the online courses are as follows

www.coursera.org
www.skillfeed.com
www.lynda.com
and many more.

http://www.mikazi.com
Re: Get Skilled And Get A Job As A Freelancer In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
skillmyman:
With the slide in the price of crude oil with no end in sight, The 2015 budget for the country has hit the rocks.
Nigeria relies 90% on crude oil and with the issues on ground which is affecting every part of the economy, oil giant across the world are sacking their workers in droves and this has also started in Nigeria first with the banks sacking their staff since the deposit from the oil sector is not coming as it used to.

For now, unemployment is going to increase drastically and it is important that we get ready to face the reality.
It is also important to note that employers will prefer to outsource some projects to reduce the overhead cost and this is where freelancing makes the difference.

To be able to freelance successfully, you must have a skill that can earn you income. skills like :
programming
web development
mobile apps development
article writing
graphic designs
social media consulting
business plan writing
website design
etc.

These are skills that can make you a regular income without even knowing the person that is giving you the job.

in order to be a freelancer, there are a lot of courses online that you can take advantage of. some of the online courses are as follows

www.coursera.org
www.skillfeed.com
www.lynda.com
and many more.

nice write up...will like 2 knw u more better,i want to learn graphic design and i need help on dat, can u drop ur number sir
Re: Get Skilled And Get A Job As A Freelancer In Nigeria by skillmyman(m): 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
why dont you enroll at www.skillfeed.com. try the free trial of 7 days.
there are a lot og graphic design free tutorials too online and some others that are paid for but very educative too.

i am not skilled in graphic design so I might not be able to help you.

cheers
Re: Get Skilled And Get A Job As A Freelancer In Nigeria by skillmyman(m): 6:40am On Apr 11, 2015
get a free ecourse on how to make money in nigeria as a freelance consultant. http://www.freedom4naija.com
Re: Get Skilled And Get A Job As A Freelancer In Nigeria by Stemkay: 7:37am On Apr 11, 2015
Pls can you send me ur number?
Re: Get Skilled And Get A Job As A Freelancer In Nigeria by emeka94(m): 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
skillmyman:
programming
web development
mobile apps development
article writing
graphic designs
social media consulting
business plan writing
website design
etc.
www.coursera.org
www.skillfeed.com
www.lynda.com
and many more.

Hi..
I will like to become a freelance writer. Please how do I go about it. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Development Program At HP / Exciting Career Opportunity / Ten Critical Interview Questions And Possible Ways To Answer Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.