Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:59 PM

The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media (47170 Views)

Buhari's Certificate Saga: His Principal Is Alive & Well - Police / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
Oga gboju..the constitution says atleast waec or its equivalent..is being in the military or the courses he went for abroad not equivalent to that? Why do u people see a clear part and opt for the bush?
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by abokine: 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=nationwide1 post=31177341]Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?[/quo
te]

Now you talk like a mischief maker. What the poster is trying to point out is that in true sense of it we all know Buhari has been to school and had sat for the WESC that everyone is so keen to find out. But, his point is the international media has seen no point in asking for his certificate when all the acclaimed institutions attended acknowledged to have his record with them, so why is an issue in Nigeria? Is it because some people despite the fact that they know it's immaterial they still choose to be sympathetic to lies which is unfortunate.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by MORNDEW(m): 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
CORRECTMAN78:
The poster is very bias! Tell me-- what is forgery? Tell me also that forgery is not an offence or corrupt act! If forgery is not a punishable offence by law, tell me why u went gthrough the rigor in the universit to acquire B.Sc. U should have gone to Oluore to pick a degre cert and then further to do ur masters in UK. Afterall, having pass through second sch, then with 18months masters programm, u can speak good english. If one who is solely coming to fight corruption attended his enviable hight on the ground of forgery, then tell me how much u can trust him. Tell me if he is worth given a chance in the first place. By ur line of reasoning, I am begining to suspect u too. Yes. Cause a bird of a feather flock together.
pls who actually commited forgery? Tell me.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by maestroferddi: 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
owobokiri:
Who is this paid goon? So if there are available facts to suggest that a candidate aspiring to the highest position in the land lacks the requisite qualifications, we shouldn't ask questions simply because your foreign opinion moulders, the cnn and bbc refused to question him? Silence/inaction are now the epitomes of journalistic excellence?? What a convulated logic?! Absolute bunkum!!
A veritable sad commentary on the educational institutions that spawn characters like this misguided hack.

What do you say when an individual who may have graced the four walls of a tertiary institution lacks the capability to do basic critical thinking and apply the most pristine of logic.

The foreign media couldn't be asking questions on Buhari's educational qualifications because they presupposed that he wouldn't have been so foolhardy to assert that he had a certificate where none exists.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by MORNDEW(m): 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
Kingspin:
Speculation? I believe u have atleast a certificate and how many minutes can it take you to show it to your employer? It over simply dear.
is cert issue not speculation?
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
MORNDEW:

but if they were praising this govt u will accept it nd feel fly.
You also accepted their rating as fastest growing economy. Smh.
Rating our economy as one that is fast growing is to their advantage and to whoever is thinking of investing in any any viable economy, dat is our achievement and nobody needs to feel fly about that....of course we are prouda that, they are only testifiers. So Because Buhari was once in the military and attained the rank of a General,we should overlook his shortcomings? Be true to yourself pls, would you for any reason, employ any applicant into your organization based on the fact that he can read, write and speak english; if you were an employer of labour? Would you? This same Buhari was one leader who remarkably, frustrated the efforts of Journalists in publishing articles concerning his government, he literally OPPRESSED the press and made sure they did not say anything that could dent his government @ dat time. Is it this kind of treatment you want? Today is better than yesterday and our tomorrow should be better than today, thatz what we want, its what we pray for. If Buhari has any integrity @ all, he should tender the originals of his credentials. If Barack Obama could show Americans his birth certificate just to protect his integrity and his ambition, I see no reason why Buhari cannot present his WAEC result. Let's be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?

Is this the first time that Buhari is contesting? Why didn't anyone notice that he lacked the perquisite academic qualifications in 2011. Or is it because he stands a very very good chance of winning this time around? I tell you that the only reason why GEJ still stands a chance of being victorious is because GMB doesn't hail from Niger delta if not, GEJ's goose would have already been cooked. And for those angelifying GEJ and demonizing Buhari because of what he did and didn't do when he was head of state in the past don't forget that if GEJ had been inbhis shoes as head of state in the past, he would probably have done something similar...
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Mr, that is your own.......just allow us to mind our own too and we have decided not to waste our votes again. We are voting him out! Chikinah.!!!

How U mean our own, am I not a Nigerian? just cos I live abroad don't take away the fact that I'm concerned about what goes on down there after all that's home for us all.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by PenSniper: 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
The op and his phantom friend are goons trying to play on the intelligence of Nigerians forgetting that we are smarter than him and his sponsors. The post is a wasted effort which can be believed only by dimwits.
1) The requirement came onboard for this election as a direct consequence of constitution amendment after 2011 elections.
2) The op claimed something - certificate issue - was missing. Yes it must be missing because all the interviews were desperate publicity stunts paid for by APC to douse the effect of the certificate
scandal and whoever pays the piper dictates the tune. In this case, the APC wrote the questions to be asked like a paid advert. WYSYWYG. We are not deceived.
3) The op also claimed that Buhari sat for the cambridge WAEC exams. Why can't he request for the certificate if that was true ?
4) I put it to you that the certificate scandal, bad records and instigating utterances credited to him were some of the issues that scared Buhari away from nigerian debates because the questions could not be doctored.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by MORNDEW(m): 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ernieman:
Rating our economy as one that is fast growing is to their advantage and to whoever is thinking of investing in any any viable economy, dat is our achievement and nobody needs to feel fly about that....of course we are prouda that, they are only testifiers. So Because Buhari was once in the military and attained the rank of a General,we should overlook his shortcomings? Be true to yourself pls, would you for any reason, employ any applicant into your organization based on the fact that he can read, write and speak english; if you were an employer of labour? Would you? This same Buhari was one leader who remarkably, frustrated the efforts of Journalists in publishing articles concerning his government, he literally OPPRESSED the press and made sure they did not say anything that could dent his government @ dat time. Is it this kind of treatment you want? Today is better than yesterday and our tomorrow should be better than today, thatz what we want, its what we pray for. If Buhari has any integrity @ all, he should tender the originals of his credentials. If Barack Obama could show Americans his birth certificate just to protect his integrity and his ambition, I see no reason why Buhari cannot present his WAEC result. Let's be reasonable.
yes i can employ one without WAEC result if he/she show high level of intelligence nd skills. I dnt belive in certificate bt wht u can offer. The 9yr old going for Phd comes to mind.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by PStacks(m): 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:
You support his insulting me so that I refer him to the law? Birds of a feather flock together.

I see a lot of intolerance from someone here. U strike first but end up being the first to scream Wolf! Who does that.. PDP
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
EdCure:

I was expecting you to refer him to the law.
seconded
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by PenSniper: 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
PenSniper:
The op and his phantom friend are goons trying to play on the intelligence of Nigerians forgetting that we are smarter than him and his sponsors. The post is a wasted effort which can be believed only by dimwits.
1) The requirement came onboard for this election as a direct consequence of constitution amendment after 2011 elections.
2) The op claimed something - certificate issue - was missing. Yes it must be missing because all the interviews were desperate publicity stunts paid for by APC to douse the effect of the certificate
scandal and whoever pays the piper dictates the tune. In this case, the APC wrote the questions to be asked like a paid advert. WYSYWYG. We are not deceived.
3) The op also claimed that Buhari sat for the cambridge WAEC exams. Why can't he request for the certificate if that was true ?
4) I put it to you that the certificate scandal, bad records and instigating utterances credited to him were some of the issues that scared Buhari away from nigerian debates because the questions could not be doctored.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
gists:

Which Nigerian law are you bending for Buhari? Produce that law or forever keep quiet.
Stup!dity at its peak.

Actually I think u are the one stupid here. According to Section 131(d) of the 1999 constitution of Nigeria,
Section 131: "A person shall be qualified for election to the office of president if .. (d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level .

Buhari should just present his certificate and clear the wave instead of all this ranting

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
erico2k2:

bross Obtained a result with Sat for an Exam are two diff things.

The school confirmed that:

1, He sat for the exam
2, He obtained result.

And they went further to release his grades, and even a mastersheet in Cambridge's heading.

Would Cambridge have kept quiet if that mastersheet showing Buhari's result was a forgery? If you lie against me (Cambridge), do I need any approval to issue a disclaimer? Why has Cambridge not issued a disclaimer?

Guess what? The only disclaimer they have issued was to bust PDP's lies that Hausa was not offered in 1961.

3 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by MORNDEW(m): 11:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
bigtt76:
Each time I read the arguments on the Buhari certificate issue, it leaves my mouth gaping in awe of how little the so-called educated Nigerians calling for his head are.

One of such arguments was that his recent photograph was used instead of the one submitted 1961 and I'm like how many government ministries or MDAs or private institutions can boast of having kept intact filed records dated as recent as 1990?

Another argument was his having passed the language Igbo with A1 (distinction) ...this is even more funny cause on the same result where he got other grades, the grade description was written beside it, why was that of the Igbo language not so updated? Simple ...as a rule, the issuing school strike the subjects not registered for with a pipe-like strike '|' so as to prevent alteration or addition of such subjects fraudulently.

Lets talk about the 20 struck out and replaced with '19' ...haba naaa! So because I sat for an exam in the 20th Century, my principal should start looking for the Statement of Result booklet or sheet for that period because we are now in the 21st Century? undecided

As if that one nor do, the talk of WAEC having in their custody Cambridge certificates undecided hmmm ....though setup in 1952, the body conducts exams on behalf of International Exam bodies such as University of Cambridge, London and even JAMB BUT they do not issue the certificates on behalf of such bodies ....that was the case with Buhari's own. He did not sit for WAEC GCE BUT Cambridge GCE undecided

Assuming he did not pass his school certificate exams, do you know that by virtue of attending institutions such as the US War College, it also served as some form of education?

Last but not the least ...the questioning of his joining the army using a letter of recommendation issued by his principal in lieu of his school certificate result ...let me ask how many of you here applied to sit for JAMB without using the 'Awaiting Result' option?

Yes we all had to update our files with the results when it was released but that was because we were not posted out of our school location or environment unlike the Army where you are posted out for training and getting the 'PASS' to leave the barracks is usually unheard of especially during that period when Nigeria just got independence and was trying to transition from the Royal Army to Nigerian Army.

The bottom line here is that we all claim to be 'too' educated and looking for well educated leaders ...but tell me how many of the retired soldiers have you seen ranting about like the well educated Fani Kayode grin who doesn't use his sense of reasoning before making a comment?
coming from a woman? At a time wen many women ar bandwagons. I hv hope of marrying an intelligent woman.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nationwide1(m): 11:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
PStacks:

I see a lot of intolerance from someone here. U strike first but end up being the first to scream Wolf! Who does that.. PDP
I don't insult another person to make my opinion valid as is commonly practiced by APC supporters in this forum. You can check my previous posts.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by patostation(m): 11:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
Kingspin:
Speculation? I believe u have atleast a certificate and how many minutes can it take you to show it to your employer? It over simply dear.

True, I have certificates and can present them at short notice. But I'm not usually bamboozled high-sounding certificates. In all my years in the HR Department, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly "certificate holders". Some cannot express themselves, some have funny CVs, some cannot complete a spoken or written sentence without kindergaten-level errors. I always wondered how they "graduated". Take the "first lady" as an example. I have heard people say that she too "graduated" with a "certificate" or probably "certificates". But I'm not just convinced. Now check out the madam representing the KOWA Party, you will agree that "if it is not Panadol, it is not the same thing as Panadol"!
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by ibietela2(m): 11:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
MORNDEW:

1961. Its a typo-error
pls am using this opportunity to call on all webmasters nd developers to help monetize nd giv useful advice on the blog that was sourced for this post. How can it be made more formidable. Those who wish to support to grow are also welcomed. Its a blog dedicated to intelligent Nigerians and those who love to read. Pls send an email to amadiprincewill1@gmail.com. Tanx.

A blog? It's as useless as this post....
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by dokyOloye: 11:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
Toktee:
i swear to God you don't read the writeup,you just read some coments and post the above trash.
Mr trashcan,d original post said 1964,it has obviously been changed.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by dawood4good: 12:03am On Mar 01, 2015
We should pay more attention to salient national issues, like corruption, high rate of unemployment, insecurity, that was carelessly and unprofessionally handled by the current government. But unfortunately our media are bent in over hitting about irrelevant issue which everyone knows it is not true. Why is it now that GEj is ready to fight BH? is it because he needs our votes? We have come of age politically and have decided. No body can stop this unstoppable wind of change. Hit like if u believe in change. Change is certain by the grace of Almighty.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by MORNDEW(m): 12:03am On Mar 01, 2015
PenSniper:
Just wht the Op said the Nigerian media doe not know where to draw the line.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by dokyOloye: 12:05am On Mar 01, 2015
Whobedatte:
you forgot to add
Issa is a Goat undecided
Better a goat than the rapist,paedophile and mass murderer U ppl follow.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 12:05am On Mar 01, 2015
Jarus:

The school confirmed that:

1, He sat for the exam
2, He obtained result.

And they went further to release his grades, and even a mastersheet in Cambridge's heading.

Would Cambridge have kept quiet if that mastersheet showing Buhari's result was a forgery? If you lie against me (Cambridge), do I need any approval to issue a disclaimer? Why has Cambridge not issued a disclaimer?

Guess what? The only disclaimer they have issued was to bust PDP's lies that Hausa was not offered in 1961.
with due respect plz point me to the link where Cambridge released his result and to whom and also the grades.Im waiting cos I know as a matter of fact no institution will release statement of result of anyone above 16 to a third party without the consent of the candidate unless to law enforcement agency ,this is how the UK act, not even under freedom of information act covers this.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by wisdomguy4u(m): 12:06am On Mar 01, 2015
Naijiant:

What Nigerian law is being bent b/c of Buhahari?

Stop peddling lies. There is nothing in the Constitution that says he should present his school certificate!

He is qualified to run for president under the Constitution, which is the Supreme Law of the Land.
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/the-real-story-about-buharis-certificate-wahala/

The OP should be more concerned about what Nigerian law says on the matter rather than what the international media says. But then again, we are a lawless country in which the only thing that matters is how oyibos see us.

Ignorance is really a problem in this Nigeria. According to Section 131(d) of the 1999 constitution of Nigeria,
Section 131: "A person shall be qualified for election
to the office of president if .. (d) he has been
educated up to at least Senior School Certificate level or it's equivalent.

Now , tell me how do will know he has a Senior school certificate? Buhari should just present his certificate and clear
the wave instead of all this ranting.

1 Like

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Elxandre(m): 12:06am On Mar 01, 2015
redcliff:

how do you know this? cambridge did not come out and deny what he tendered. Did they?

Why should they? It is left for the Country and it's citizens to press their candidate for it.

Considering the energy APC expends on denying even the subtlest of propagandas, every discerning person knows they would have gladly brought home proof from UK, shoving it into our faces. Ha here is 'His holiness' General MB's certificate. In fact Tinubu would have presented it during a rally.

I think most have pardoned him anyways until this brainwashed fella brought up this hogwash of a lopsided article.

I don't care if he gets disqualified or not, but I just want APC and it's fans to know that not everyone is gullible.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by erico2k2(m): 12:07am On Mar 01, 2015
dawood4good:
We should pay more attention to salient national issues, like corruption, high rate of unemployment, insecurity, that was carelessly and unprofessionally handled by the current government. But unfortunately our media are bent in over hitting about irrelevant issue which everyone knows it is not true. Why is it now that GEj is ready to fight BH? is it because he needs our votes? We have come of age politically and have decided. No body can stop this unstoppable wind of change. Hit like if u believe in change. Change is certain by the grace of Almighty.
I think all what you said up there cant be eradicated but reduced,even the western world are struggling with same problem, their only get away card is social welfare.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Kingyellew(m): 12:07am On Mar 01, 2015
GMB aborted our domocracy during shagari regime, nd he is on the scene again to cause another havoc to our democracy. Let me tell you: he can never rule this nation as a domocratic elected president. The claws of law has caught him. Trasformation agenda continues till 2019.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Kingspin(m): 12:08am On Mar 01, 2015
patostation:

True, I have certificates and can present them at short notice. But I'm not usually bamboozled high-sounding certificates. In all my years in the HR Department, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly "certificate holders". Some cannot express themselves, some have funny CVs, some cannot complete a spoken or written sentence without kindergaten-level errors. I always wondered how they "graduated". Take the "first lady" as an example. I have heard people say that she too "graduated" with a "certificate" or probably "certificates". But I'm not just convinced. Now check out the madam representing the KOWA Party, you will agree that "if it is not Panadol, it is not the same thing as Panadol"!
Thats another issue all together, but you cannot been a minister, CBN governor many of them without certificate. I mean it a public office and u need to meet a set criteria. It a fact and reality cum with the age we are in.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by anwo247: 12:08am On Mar 01, 2015
Which foreign media? Did he lie under oath in British courts? The case of perjury is here in Nigeria and that is why you already have 10 court cases and counting.... All entertained!

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by MORNDEW(m): 12:11am On Mar 01, 2015
ibietela2:

A blog? It's as useless as this post....
Tanx.
Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by busayochic: 12:14am On Mar 01, 2015
nationwide1:

school Cert my dear friend is the minimum requirement needed to contest for the office.... the war college degree which Mr Buhari has is equivalent to Bsc here... in other words, what he has is even higher than school cert

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Precious Chikwendu & Her Triplets Ragnar, Aiden & Liam In Matching Outfits / Christian Girl Escaped Death By Whiskers In Bauchi State Over Alleged Blasphemy / Pictures Of President Buhari In Japan For TICAD7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.