Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Eating Late | Any Effect?? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Eating Late | Any Effect?? (795 Views)

Lagosian Photoshops Late Dr. Adadevoh Into 'Lagos At 50' Poster / 22 Side Effect Of Masturbation / These Are The Dangers Of Eating Late At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eating Late | Any Effect?? by dozzy001(m): 6:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
I need to know if eating late at night can have any effect on me. I now found myself eating late everyday..

Any Help
Re: Eating Late | Any Effect?? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
not good bro, your organs/system are supposed to be resting, cleaning and regenerating themselves for optimal performance while sleeping but eating late puts much work on them, the first sign is tiredness at work and in the long run it might lead to cancer. if you know you won't still be active before sleeping 2hrs after eating , take only small amount of light food.
@ dozzy001
Re: Eating Late | Any Effect?? by Vanije: 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
dozzy001:
I need to know if eating late at night can have any effect on me. I now found myself eating late everyday..

Any Help
AdeniyiA is absolutely right. In addition to what he said, you can go through this article: http://www.trendyhealthworld.com/health-dangers-of-eating-late/
**THIS IS AN SHORTENED VERSION**
In the traditional African setting, our fore fathers considered it a taboo for a woman to enter into her kitchen in the night. They probably knew little about the positive impact that this age- long practice had on their health,

However today those values have been exchanged and most people no longer see any health implications in taking dinner at night.

Today we shall be discussing at least 3 crucial consequences of having a late evening meal.

1 It stresses your digestive system

2 It disorganizes your automatic nervous system

3 Leads to weight gain and possible obesity

Stresses Your digestive system: Your digestive system is supposed to be relaxing at night time, performing lesser activities. However eating late at night is like adding an extra load in the system which could cause break down.

This is why some experience heaviness in the morning or too much toilet trips at night. It reason one may wake up on a bright morning and feel like he worked in a farm throughout the night.

Disorganizes Your Nervous System: Under normal conditions, what is called the Sympathetic Nervous System(SNS) puts your body in an energy spending active mode during the day.

And during the night, what is also known as the Parasympathetic Nervous System puts your body in a relaxed sleepy mode. However, if you eat at the wrong time(in this case, night time), it would result in disrupting the system and causing confusion between these two parts. That is why it’s advisable to eat at least 4-5 hours before bed time.

Leads To Excessive Weight Gain....http://www.trendyhealthworld.com/health-dangers-of-eating-late/
Re: Eating Late | Any Effect?? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
Late night eating is not advisable most especially when the food in question is heavy like eba,fufu,amala,semo,pounded-yam e.t.c. Moreover if you desire a six-packs then late night eating should be a no go area. For me, when i find myself hungry at night, i usually snack on nuts and fruits.
But how possible it is for a banker that works from 8 a.m to 9 p.m avoiding late night eating, remains to be seen.

(1) (Reply)

Loose That Fat Fast With Resolution And Nutraburst / For Sale, New Kaplan Usmle Step 1 Lecture Notes 2015 / When Exercise Is Not Exercise Alpha Peak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.