Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,167 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (138909 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by oluwashegunfunm(m): 7:40am On Apr 07, 2015
How come my aboki sold doolars to me yesterday afternoon at 195 per dollar
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by kandrus: 7:49am On Apr 07, 2015
oluwashegunfunm:
location pls.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 7:55am On Apr 07, 2015
oluwashegunfunm:

Yes, you are right. The rate is dropping
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:05am On Apr 07, 2015
oluwashegunfunm:

Because naira did gain some value some time last week i think. Some people are already saying Change is here. SMH. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2015
wrong time to get a refund for items paid for 2 to 3 weeks ago.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by danniyal(m): 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
Stanley08:

Because naira did gain some value some time last week i think. Some people are already saying Change is here. SMH. Lol.
so how come that of banks is not coming down?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
danniyal:

so how come that of banks is not coming down?

It would take time. Plus, the drop has to be significant.

tumababa:
wrong time to get a refund for items paid for 2 to 3 weeks ago.

I'm telling you.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by koredex4love(m): 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Stanley08:

It would take time. Plus, the drop has to be significant.

I'm telling you.

if you have dollars to sell , will at 191naira.,contact me.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
Went to Stanbic my card wasn't there. after they told me it was available on twitter and via email. Going back at 3:30pm.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Stanley08:
Went to Stanbic my card wasn't there. after they told me it was available on twitter and via email. Going back at 3:30pm.
one lady just called me to tell to go get it at the branch that is ready now... Maybe I'll wait till tomorrow then cos I no wan the waste money to that place cool
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
Zenith bank has a problem simple question wat is dollar rate as of today...... They are saying wen I make the transaction I would know angry angry..

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
Zenith bank has a problem simple question wat is dollar rate as of today...... They are saying wen I make the transaction I would know angry angry..

No mind those yeye banks, when have something to hide na so so excuse.

Gtbank told me to visit their nearest branch before I can get the rates. As in no be from one branch dem dey reply me.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
grin grin cheesy

I'm loving this stanbic kiss no bank has ever ever called me angry but you know...

Stan are you back?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 5:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
frebor:

Gtbank told me to visit their nearest branch before I can get the rates. As in no be from one branch dem dey reply me.
Can u imagine.... IT means dey a-v something to hide... AT least urs is saying visit d nearest branch mine is saying make the transaction and wat u see is wat u get... If I see 235nko embarassed angry

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mizzzbeee:

frebor:

Lol. Dats why i like Stanbic. If you ask them on Twitter everyday, they will reply everyday.

Mizzzbeee:
Can u imagine.... IT means dey a-v something to hide... AT least urs is saying visit d nearest branch mine is saying make the transaction and wat u see is wat u get... If I see 235nko embarassed angry

Lol. If you aren't on Stanbic, you are on a LONG THING! Stanbic up! Zenith should be around 200 tho.

Jeffy1206:
grin grin cheesy
I'm loving this stanbic kiss no bank has ever ever called me angry but you know...
Stan are you back?

Ecobank called me today tongue, and if you are talking to Diamond Care and the phone cuts, maybe ur credit finished, they will call u back. Ur current bank is stingy, they don't like paying for calls.
Yes i am, watch next post wink
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
As I said earlier, I went back to Stanbic at exactly 3:30pm, i was delayed a little but what's important is that i left with this beauty. Lol.
I can confirm that Ecobank and Diamond bank both charge 2.5% of transaction value for online transactions but as stated in the photo below, StanbicIBTC doesn't charge a dime. Online transactions are free, the reason why they have very good rates. Of course, POS transactions too are free. 240 naira is charged on all foreign mastercards and visa cards for every single withdrawal even if you are withdrawing 500 naira, that is normal for every bank. I lived in Accra for 3 years, i learnt this the hard way lol. Even when i use my Access Bank Ghana VISA card here in Nigeria, i am charged around 3 cedis per transaction i think.
Anyways! Time to see what Stanbic has for me. *EVIL LAUGH*

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 5:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Stanley08:

Lol. Dats why i like Stanbic. If you ask them on Twitter everyday, they will reply everyday.

Lol. If you aren't on Stanbic, you are on a LONG THING! Stanbic up! Zenith should be around 200 tho.

Ecobank called me today tongue, and if you are talking to Diamond Care and the phone cuts, maybe ur credit finished, they will call u back. Ur current bank is stingy, they don't like paying for calls.
Yes i am, watch next post wink
No Stanbic branch in my area cry except I go to d island
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jereal(m): 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hello guys,
It seems stanbic is winning hearts here, I use GT & of cos, their rates ain't so bad... But the major issue I have with GTbank is that I can't do interbank/intra-bank transfers on quickteller. I visited their branch once & asked why I couldn't do that, customer care told me that I'd have to get a token device or visit any of their branches whenever I wanted to do a transfer, as it will be done for me over the counter... Yeah, totally not cool...
I'd like to know if I can do these transfers with stanbic... @stanbic account holders
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mizzzbeee:

Na O. Y. O you dey o
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nice one Stanley, hope you can test the card to know the real rate today grin
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
No Stanbic branch in my area cry except I go to d island

All u need is 2 trips. Make full use of those trips.
- First trip: Go with the complete requirements for opening the account and a minimum of 2000 naira. But if you ask me, i say make it 3K like i did. And be prepared because the form is long oh. U will sign ur signature ehn! like 6 times. lol. The same day request for a Debit Mastercard (Costs 1050). Then collect the phone number of someone in the branch you can call.
- Second trip: First call the person, then when u confirm that the card is physically available at the branch then go. To be on the safe side, if they say Tuesday, go on Wednesday morning early (the enrollment talked about below, so dey can do it same day). After collecting ur card, and changing the pin, Request that ur card be enrolled immediately so that u can start using it for Online transactions. Also request for internet banking (free), and mobile banking (Costs 1050). You will need to fill forms for both of them.

Added: After opening the envelope containing ur Debit mastercard, and changing the pin. You will find a small update form in the envelope also, tell them that you want to update ur mother's maiden name on ur account so that your card will be able to enroll ur card for oblong transactions.
Also request dat you want to do any other updates on ur account that would make internet banking, mobile banking and ur card work seamlessly because it seems like these guys just like seeing customers faces.

The two charges amount to 2100 and dats why i said u should use 3K, bear in mind that their minimum operating balance is 500 naira, so after the whole thing you should have 400 naira available balance in ur account. But of course u can always decide to open the account with more than 3K, personally i like to test the waters first to avoid diving into a hot cup of tea.

If you follow these instructions, these 2 trips would be enough for u. Cheers! smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jeffy1206:
Nice one Stanley, hope you can test the card to know the real date today grin

Lol. Sadly i can't test the card today, i tried it online and it was declined. Called Stanbic and they have caked me back twice since then, apparently the card has to be enrolled to be use online and dat can't be done till end of business day tomorrow.
So follow the advice i gave to the lady above and go very early. 9am affair. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by opeyemmmy(m): 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
jereal:
Hello guys,
It seems stanbic is winning hearts here, I use GT & of cos, their rates ain't so bad... But the major issue I have with GTbank is that I can't do interbank/intra-bank transfers on quickteller. I visited their branch once & asked why I couldn't do that, customer care told me that I'd have to get a token device or visit any of their branches whenever I wanted to do a transfer, as it will be done for me over the counter... Yeah, totally not cool...
I'd like to know if I can do these transfers with stanbic... @stanbic account holders

Yes. Stanbic allows you to do transfers and transactions through QuickTeller. Also, Stanbic has a seamless internet banking service. Transfer to other banks is charged at N75 while transfer within Stanbic is free.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by opeyemmmy(m): 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
I can confirm Stanbic Mastercard rate for usd is N199.5. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
opeyemmmy:

Yes. Stanbic allows you to do transfers and transactions through QuickTeller. Also, Stanbic has a seamless internet banking service. Transfer to other banks is charged at N75 while transfer within Stanbic is free.

Lol. How many people use Stanbic anyways? And who uses Internet Banking to transfer anyways? Quickteller FTW! (For The Win)

opeyemmmy:
I can confirm Stanbic Mastercard rate for usd is N199.5. smiley

We sef go confirm our own tomorrow oh. Lol.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hope is not those their token things ba, cos me waste money for the gtb o angry
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by opeyemmmy(m): 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jeffy1206:
Hope is not those their token things ba, cos me waste money for the gtb o angry

Nah. Stanbic doesn't use token. OTP is sent as sms.

2 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by opeyemmmy(m): 8:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Stanley08:

Lol. How many people use Stanbic anyways? And who uses Internet Banking to transfer anyways? Quickteller FTW! (For The Win)

Some of us do. Internet banking saves me money o. cheesy

We sef go confirm our own tomorrow oh. Lol.
Sure.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Stanley08:

All u need is 2 trips. Make full use of those trips.
- First trip: Go with the complete requirements for opening the account and a minimum of 2000 naira. But if you ask me, i say make it 3K like i did. And be prepared because the form is long oh. U will sign ur signature ehn! like 6 times. lol. The same day request for a Debit Mastercard (Costs 1050). Then collect the phone number of someone in the branch you can call.
- Second trip: First call the person, then when u confirm that the card is physically available at the branch then go. To be on the safe side, if they say Tuesday, go on Wednesday morning early (the enrollment talked about below, so dey can do it same day). After collecting ur card, and changing the pin, Request that ur card be enrolled immediately so that u can start using it for Online transactions. Also request for internet banking (free), and mobile banking (Costs 1050). You will need to fill forms for both of them.

The two charges amount to 2100 and dats why i said u should use 3K, bear in mind that their minimum operating balance is 500 naira, so after the whole thing you should have 400 naira available balance in ur account. But of course u can always decide to open the account with more than 3K, personally i like to test the waters first to avoid diving into a hot cup of tea.

If you follow these instructions, these 2 trips would be enough for u. Cheers! smiley
tnx a lot wud do this.... #StanbicUp cheesy
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tyconcepts(f): 8:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Date : 7th April '15
Currency : $
Bank : Access Bank
Exchange rate : 208

#Time to port to Stanbic

3 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
opeyemmmy:

Some of us do. Internet banking saves me money o. cheesy

I've done payouts of about 100K in one day on Quickteller before. And it cost me 0 naira. tongue

Mizzzbeee:
tnx a lot wud do this.... #StanbicUp cheesy
tyconcepts:
Date : 7th April '15
Currency : $
Bank : Access Bank
Exchange rate : 208

#Time to port to Stanbic

Lol. We don't want both of you please, when u join now, dollar will go up to 300 naira. tongue

@tyconcepts thanks for the update on Access rate. Added to first post.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 9:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
Now Stanbic are telling me that my mother's maiden name is not updated on my account so i have to visit their branch to update it before they can enroll my card for online transactions, something i filled on the form oh. Omo I'm tired of these guys procedures, but on the bright side for you guys, you can learn from all these and reduce ur number of trips to the bank.

Update to my other post:
- Second trip: After opening the envelope containing ur Debit mastercard, and changing the pin. You will find a small update form in the envelope also, tell them that you want to update ur mother's maiden name on ur account so that your card will be able to enroll ur card for online transactions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.