Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (139626 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by FetchUK: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2015
Stanley08:

All alerts come in naira value even if you are paying for something in Biafra money.

The withdrawal charge should be 240 naira per withdrawal
The daily limit is $300 or its equivalent as per the directions of CBN. So it's same for all banks in Nigeria.
Annual limit too for spending is $50,000

Cheers!
Thanks a lot for this information.

$300 or the £ equivalent is a bit limited. Guessing it's to combat money laundering abroad.
I did an exchange recently this week at N342 to £1 with my bureau agent.
Can't wait to get my stanbic card.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 01, 2015
tumababa:

Still guessing OÕoooº°˚ ˚°º k
Lol don't mind me. I most definitely will soon.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by blym4real: 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
uba Africard, #204 today

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Shinner2010(m): 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hello house, I need ur advice, I av a naija paypal acct link wt my GTBank master card, I I'm out of cash on d gtbank now, nd I want to pay wt a diamond bank visa card, if I add d diamond bank card, will it pay on ebay immediately, because d card belong to a room mate?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
Shinner2010:
Hello house, I need ur advice, I av a naija paypal acct link wt my GTBank master card, I I'm out of cash on d gtbank now, nd I want to pay wt a diamond bank visa card, if I add d diamond bank card, will it pay on ebay immediately, because d card belong to a room mate?

It won't work. Tell the room mate to transfer to your gtbank account to make it easier

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Shinner2010(m): 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
mavinc4u:

It won't work. Tell the room mate to transfer to your gtbank account to make it easier

Thanks...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by funken: 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
blym4real:
uba Africard, #204 today

I paid $150 yesterday with UBA Africard, yes, i was charged @ N204 (total of N30,655), however, when I logged into UBA Africard site, i found out i was also charged a fee of N2,417. This brings the total to about N220 per $.

Please these guys charge what they call fees with what they charge you per dollar. So in actual sense, you will definitely be paying up N220 / dollar, very close to the parallel market rates.

Guys using Stanbic IBTC @N199, is this inclusive of the fees or exclusive of it? Please verify for the house...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
funken:

I paid $150 yesterday with UBA Africard, yes, i was charged @ N204 (total of N30,655), however, when I logged into UBA Africard site, i found out i was also charged a fee of N2,417. This brings the total to about N220 per $.

Please these guys charge what they call fees with what they charge you per dollar. So in actual sense, you will definitely be paying up N220 / dollar, very close to the parallel market rates.

Guys using Stanbic IBTC @N199, is this inclusive of the fees or exclusive of it? Please verify for the house...

Which house? why do you ppl always say house? Is this ur house? Is ue house online? Lol.

Anyways, Stanbic charge is 199.45 now and almost everybody knows that's what it is. U get what u see, simple. So to answer your question, no other fees. Cheers.

FetchUK:

Thanks a lot for this information.

$300 or the £ equivalent is a bit limited. Guessing it's to combat money laundering abroad.
I did an exchange recently this week at N342 to £1 with my bureau agent.
Can't wait to get my stanbic card.

Pounds is turning into something else, haven't shopped on asos in a while now.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordkay10(m): 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
funken:

You're not alone in this, I experienced a similar charge on transactions done with UBA Africard. They always charge 7.89% of whatever transaction u care out for only-God-knows-why!!! shocked
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by opeyemmmy(m): 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
Stanley08:

Pounds is turning into something else, haven't shopped on asos in a while now.

Why not? Stanbic rate for pounds hovers between N310 to N319.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jacabi(m): 9:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
mavinc4u:

What if he's the owner of the said diamond visa card, can he add it to the paypal account having been using gtb master card with it?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by chidekings(m): 10:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
Pls who knows sterling bank rate as of yesterday or today.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 1:32am On Jul 02, 2015
jacabi:

What if he's the owner of the said diamond visa card, can he add it to the paypal account having been using gtb master card with it?

If he is the owner then it would work because the name would correspond
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tonjeola(m): 4:49am On Jul 02, 2015
chidekings:
Pls who knows sterling bank rate as of yesterday or today.
i used Access visa 2 days ago and i was charged N213 to $1, then Sterling will be N215, Sterling use N2 higher than Access. Good money!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jacabi(m): 6:25am On Jul 02, 2015
mavinc4u:

If he is the owner then it would work because the name would correspond
Thanks!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 6:27am On Jul 02, 2015
Dollar has really rose up again angry I just hope it will not affect our darling.... On parallel market, it's around 230 now sad
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by RotimiBliss: 8:04am On Jul 02, 2015
Has anyone used Stanbic Ibtc for online shopping lately? Is their Dollar rate stil 199.5 nw dat d Naira has fallen ? Pls help,Cos I wil like to shop on Amazon soon
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Shinatu: 8:32am On Jul 02, 2015
@Stanley08

Please give attention to my own enquiry too (below) or please help direct it to one of your experts.

Shinatu:
My dear people, please does anyone know why I may not be able to send money through paypal?

I opened the paypal account through FirstBank online site and the card linked to the account is firstBank Mastercard, I would like to send the money to a friend with UK bank account card linked to a paypal account there.

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerikoyan(m): 9:32am On Jul 02, 2015
This monrning. Stanbic 199.45

4 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
Shinatu:
@Stanley08

Please give attention to my own enquiry too (below) or please help direct it to one of your experts.

It should go,have you tried it? If yes then what error did you get?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Shinatu: 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
@mavinc4u

I wanted to paste it here but could not, I guess it is more complicated than just clicking the 'paste' option from your mouse right click.

The error says 'This transaction cannot be completed'
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Goodnuel: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stanbic bank

Today

#1218.64 for $6.11

#199.45 for $1

I don port ooooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stanbic all the way jare... 199.4510000000000000 shocked grin just k...... tongue
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
tonjeola:
i used Access visa 2 days ago and i was charged N213 to $1, then Sterling will be N215, Sterling use N2 higher than Access. Good money!

Doesn't work like that, updated the access one tho...

jerikoyan:
This monrning. Stanbic 199.45

Updated
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
opeyemmmy:

Why not? Stanbic rate for pounds hovers between N310 to N319.

Lol. If you give me money, i promise to shop on asos smiley

Shinatu:
@Stanley08

As long as ur card is linked to ur paypal account and there aren't any restrictions on ur account by PayPal. You should be able to send. I have used my PayPal account to give many donations in different countries including England which is in the UK.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by azikiweironsi(m): 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2015
Can anyone please tell me if Aliexpress can send goods purchased to Nigeria?unlike ebay and some other online malls that does not post goods to Nigeria. Thanks.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by gergemam: 7:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
Goodnuel:
Stanbic bank
Today
#1218.64 for $6.11
#199.45 for $1
I don port ooooo grin grin grin grin
Do you buy Goods on AMAZON and do they ship it over to Lagos, NG. Thanks
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordkay10(m): 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
azikiweironsi:
Can anyone please tell me if Aliexpress can send goods purchased to Nigeria?unlike ebay and some other online malls that does not post goods to Nigeria. Thanks.
Yes they do!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
gergemam:

No, Amazon doesn't ship to Nigeria.

azikiweironsi:

90%+ of items on Aliexpress can be shipped to Nigeria. Also, about the same percentage of items on there are fake/sub-standard. Just be careful and also read feedback from previous buyers.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
azikiweironsi:

Welcome. Like the poster above me said ...shine ya eyes. I've gotten quality products there that people won't believe is MADE IN CHINA... especially to those who think Chinese are all about fake.

Buyers reviews ( FEEDBACK) are worth its weight in gold. That is why most sellers would do anything to get a 5 star feedback.

Welcome again.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask Stanley08 ...he owns this house grin
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Goodnuel: 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
gergemam:

I'm yet to buy from Amazon and I use third party ship to Lagos, NG.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by gergemam: 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
Goodnuel:
I'm yet to buy from Amazon and I use third party ship to Lagos, NG.

Thanks Bro..... Will try a third party too, i'm sure they should ship to Germany

Stanley08:

No, Amazon doesn't ship to Nigeria.

Thanks Stan...... Sheey na d Site or the Resellers abi nah d money whey dem wan ship

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.