Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (139614 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tyconcepts(f): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2015
mavinc4u:

That bank? they are too fraudulent. The refunded money should be higher because the dollar rate is high now. Anyway,if they didn't give you a positive answer. send a mail to cpd@cbn.gov.ng and copy access bank. attach your communication with them as evidence. Also try and call them on phone then record your conversation with them as you are asking them question.

So I took up your advise and hoping it pans out well.

Thanks.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2015
tyconcepts:
Thanks.

Lol. Talk about 'going over ur head'. There isn't a better example. Anyways, lets us know what happens.

Stanley08:
I wonder if i still have to fill anymore forms for Mobile and Internet banking after ticking it on the form.

Guess i got my reply. These guys respond fast. Very good. Hopefully they will process refunds as good as Ecobank.

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tonjeola(m): 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2015
Stanley08:

Btw, are u sure it's a Master or VISA Card?

Their requirements on their website are:

Filled in account opening form.
Two reference forms.
Two sample signature cards properly signed by each signatory to the account.
Two recent clear passport photographs of each signatory to the account with their names written on the back.
Each signatory's current international passport or driver's license.
Proof of residential address such as electricity, water or waste bills (original must be shown to your account manager) or we will send someone to visit to your address

Did they ask for all these? Two Reference forms?
I was in ijebu ode branch today, they only requested for:
2 passports,
I D
and N2000 for opening of Account.
They issue Master card

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2015
tonjeola:
I was in ijebu ode branch today, they only requested for:
2 passports,
I D
and N2000 for opening of Account.
They issue Master card

Yes, exact same thing they requested from me. Didn't even need utility bill. Anyways, it's always better to go prepared. it's only 1 piece of paper, it's not dat heavy. Anyone dat wants to open should just go with it, just incase.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tonjeola(m): 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2015
Stanley08:

Yes, exact same thing they requested from me. Didn't even need utility bill. Anyways, it's always better to go prepared. it's only 1 piece of paper, it's not dat heavy. Anyone dat wants to open should just go with it, just incase.
Will be there tomorrow for the opening. Thanks man
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2015
tonjeola:

Will be there tomorrow for the opening. Thanks man

Those guys are somewhat incompetent. They promised to send my account number today. Still nothing.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 8:16pm On Mar 30, 2015
tyconcepts:

Thanks.

Okay, hope you copied Access bank in the mail?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tyconcepts(f): 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2015
mavinc4u:

Okay, hope you copied Access bank in the mail?

Yes I did....Even copied my suppose account officer.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2015
Finally my account activated by stanbic.... They customer service will be wow imagine a sweet lady called me to confirm. grin. Now I'm waiting for the main thing, you know the rest wink
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2015
Jeffy1206:
Finally my account activated by stanbic.... They customer service will be wow imagine a sweet lady called me to confirm. grin. Now I'm waiting for the main thing, you know the rest wink

Lol. Sweet tho. Good for u. Ur card might still be Tuesday or Wednesday tho.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2015
OFF TOPIC: Please does anyone know why whenever i post an advert in the Technology Market section, it never shows up and i am banned immediately?
I see adverts of basically the same format live on nairaland. Anyone?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Thespecialone(m): 12:38am On Mar 31, 2015
Stanley08:

Lol. Na so we go rush them now. Them go increase dollar rate to 300 per dollar. Lol. When did they say u should come for ur card? And i wonder if i still have to fill anymore forms for Mobile and Internet banking after ticking it on the form.
five working days, yeah you have to fill more forms angry
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Thespecialone(m): 12:42am On Mar 31, 2015
Gtbank master card
209.99/$
March 30,2015

Patiently waiting for my stanbic card grin

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:18am On Mar 31, 2015
Thespecialone:
five working days, yeah you have to fill more forms angry

They said i don't need to, see the screenshots above. After 3 working days you are supposed to get the Internet banking details.

Thespecialone:
Gtbank master card
209.99/$
March 30,2015

Patiently waiting for my stanbic card grin

Added date to first page. At least their rate is stable.
Did Stanbic give you an account number yet? Haven't gotten mine, so not even thinking of card yet.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Samunosuke(m): 8:25am On Mar 31, 2015
Thought I had posted this here earlier.

UBA are bloody criminals!

Ordered from amazon about 3 weeks back. Amazon automatically detects the currency your card is in and instead of charging in dollars, they offer the option of billing you in naira to cut out exchange rate fluctuations.

Amazon gave me a rate of 209 but since i have had better rates from UBA in the past, I chose dollars and UBA charged me about 230. About 4 items had shipped before i realized this, so I quickly cancelled the remaining items (amazon only charge your account when the items ship but they place a hold on your account for the required amount immediately you place the order), waited for about 2 days for the hold to clear and then ordered again using amazon's currency converter in naira. Result: UBA still charged 230+.

For a total order of about $1000, i paid about 20k extra for no reason.

Really pissed off, but I just don't have time for them right now. When i'm a lil' bit more settled, I'll face them

Would have switched back to GTB but i have 2 issues with them:

1. It's a current account, COT ruins it .

2. They are fond of double charging or whatever and then returning it after a while (usually at the end of the month). EFF that!

Access bank is looking sexy though.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:56am On Mar 31, 2015
Samunosuke:
Thought I had posted this here earlier.

UBA are bloody criminals!

Ordered from amazon about 3 weeks back. Amazon automatically detects the currency your card is in and instead of charging in dollars, they offer the option of billing you in naira to cut out exchange rate fluctuations.

Amazon gave me a rate of 209 but since i have had better rates from UBA in the past, I chose dollars and UBA charged me about 230. About 4 items had shipped before i realized this, so I quickly cancelled the remaining items (amazon only charge your account when the items ship but they place a hold on your account for the required amount immediately you place the order), waited for about 2 days for the hold to clear and then ordered again using amazon's currency converter in naira. Result: UBA still charged 230+.

For a total order of about $1000, i paid about 20k extra for no reason.

Really pissed off, but I just don't have time for them right now. When i'm a lil' bit more settled, I'll face them

Would have switched back to GTB but i have 2 issues with them:

1. It's a current account, COT ruins it .

2. They are fond of double charging or whatever and then returning it after a while (usually at the end of the month). EFF that!

Access bank is looking sexy though.

Access bank are messing refunds up, and rates are bleeped up! You better Stanbic up! Lol.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by ozor1: 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2015
Firstbank MasterCard today was 208 add to fp
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2015
ozor1:
Firstbank MasterCard today was 208 add to fp

Thanks for the update. Can u give us the dollar value and value in alert? Paypal or regular transaction?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by ozor1: 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2015
Stanley08:

Thanks for the update. Can u give us the dollar value and value in alert? Paypal or regular transaction?
ok then, I'll provide the details
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2015
ozor1:
ok then, I'll provide the details

Until you do.

Anyways, day 2 and i haven't gotten my account number from Stanbic yet, even tho a staff called me and told me that it has been opened and that she will send it to me personally tomorrow as she has left the office blah blah blah
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
197 official dollar rate as at today... How True ? Anyone? cheesy
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 10:51pm On Mar 31, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
197 official dollar rate as at today... How True ? Anyone? cheesy

Stanbic said on Twitter today 199.5 don't know if it's official or their rate. but whichever it is, it's good enough i guess...

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:00pm On Mar 31, 2015
Took 2 days for Stanbic to open my account. But anyways it's done now. Used my Diamond Bank app to confirm that the account is active. All good. now time for the card.

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Tobiizzy(m): 11:58pm On Mar 31, 2015
Welcome to StanbicIBTC, in my years of using them ,there has been no issue a simple email to the customer care couldn't solve

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 1:02am On Apr 01, 2015
Tobiizzy:
Welcome to StanbicIBTC, in my years of using them ,there has been no issue a simple email to the customer care couldn't solve

Lol. Welcome me when my card is here. Hopefully we will remain at $ < 200
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 1:25am On Apr 01, 2015
Just got alert for the card... 1050
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 1:27am On Apr 01, 2015
Update.

Gtb charge me 210.4 on PayPal 31. 03. 2015.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 1:32am On Apr 01, 2015
Jeffy1206:
Just got alert for the card... 1050

Oh! Debit to process the card. I thought it was alert to come and collect the card.

Jeffy1206:
Update.

Gtb charge me 210.4 on PayPal 31. 03. 2015.

I think Paypal rate is higher.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 5:45am On Apr 01, 2015
Stanley08:

Oh! Debit to process the card. I thought it was alert to come and collect the card.

I think Paypal rate is higher.
No debit alert for the card.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:03am On Apr 01, 2015
Jeffy1206:
No debit alert for the card.

Did you tick Internet and Mobile banking? If so, let me know when u get online banking creation alert.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 7:44am On Apr 01, 2015
Gtbank
Amazon (checked out in Naira)
1st April
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2015
frebor:
Gtbank
Amazon (checked out in Naira)
1st April

Thank you very much for the info, but this isn't a GT Bank Rate. Checking out in dollars is the rate. Regardless, every piece of information is welcome. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.