Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers (11656 Views)

Man Who Produces Fake Peak Milk In Calabar Arrested By NAFDAC / Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. / PHOTO:NAFDAC Seizes Expired Dunone Yogurt And Intercepts Truckload Of Fake Wines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by Obinoscopy(m): 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
The National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), on Wednesday, arraigned a Chinese national at the Federal High Court, Awka, over the import and sales of unregistered and counterfeit diapers.

The accused, Lu Pengqing, was arraigned on a five-count charge before Justice Gafa’i Bature.

The charge included: sales of counterfeit product; possession of counterfeit product; importation of counterfeit product; importation of product without registration and distribution of product without registration.

Responding to the charges, the accused person pleaded not guilty.

Earlier, the prosecutor, Mr Umar Shamaki, said Pengqing was arrested with the unregistered and counterfeit diapers at 9, Awka Road, Onitsha, Anambra, on February 10, while he was busy distributing the counterfeit and unregistered diaper products to unsuspecting members of the public.

“NAFDAC prays that the accused be remanded in prison custody, his international passports confiscated even as he faces his trial,’’ the counsel to the prosecutor said.

The counsel to the accused, Mr Emeka Nathaniel, argued that his client was not importing or selling counterfeit and unregistered products as alleged.

“Our prayer is an order to this honourable court to grant the accused lenient and favourable bail as we have submitted in our 11-page affidavit,’’ Nathaniel said.

In his ruling, Justice Bature, granted the accused bail on three conditions; while adjourning the hearing of the case to May 6.

“First, the accused must produce two sureties, who are civil servant, serving and working in Anambra State either with the Federal Government or Anambra State; and secondly, the court would have to verify the residence of the accused in Onitsha.

“Thirdly, the accused shall deposit his international passport and other travel documents with the court.’’
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/30527-nafdac-arraigns-foreigner-over-import-of-fake-diapers

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
good for him!

i pray he lands in the meanest nigerian prison. nonsense chinese spoiling this country angry

i wont be happy if he goes scott-free. this mindset of "do anything and get away with it" has to end.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by Blakjewelry(m): 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
These Chinese guys, their own form of hustling worst pass our own... But I bet the must get a Nigerian accomplice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by iwezor1(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
Apc y nau ; una don endanger dat chinko guy life now ...na wa o buhari call ur guys to order o
OR ELSE!
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by adebisiolumide5(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
Kirikiri for him!!!
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by holatin(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
them call am Chinese and you expect original things to come from him.

anyway am using Chinese condom tonight.

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by ajoskele(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
I didn't know NAFDAC still exist...

RIP to Dora!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by bigv(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
Good, cos they won't do that in places like Malaysia and Singapore. Serves them right.
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by simplemach(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
Pls execute him because they dont hesitate in executing our people over there in their place.

7 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by abe27633: 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
nice
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by kekakuz(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
why would I vote APC
God forbid
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by misterchris(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
k
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
Chinese pple and fake things.

Like Taiye and Kehinde.
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by steppin: 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
And yet, they say it's only Igbos that flood Nigerian Market with fake goods.
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by cee001(m): 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hanhan ..'chinko' diapers are too
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by brightology3: 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
K
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by MizTyna(f): 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
Blakjewelry:
These Chinese guys, their own form of hustling worst pass our own... But I bet the must get a Nigerian accomplice
I tell you
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by misterchris(m): 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
its true
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by OgologoDimkpa: 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
Fake daiper ke? NAFDAC should focus on foods and drugs?
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by ajoskele(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
krall:
good for him!

i pray he lands in the meanest nigerian prison. nonsense chinese spoiling this country angry

i wont be happy if he goes scott-free. this mindset of "do anything and get away with it" has to end.
Ask Maina, Al-mustapha, Joshua Dariye, Fayose etc

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by Amagmilton(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
...Speechless..
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by maskid(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
all u space bookers.... God forgive u
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by chonchoro(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
a sinner shall not go unpunished

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by AmakaDNB(f): 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2015
Fake diapers ke. Ok. Thank God is not fake drugs
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by Ibime(m): 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2015
Can diapers be fake?

All na paper and cotton wool abeg.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by Hollawaley(m): 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ok.just visit my blog
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by nedz(m): 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2015
Chai! Ihe na eme n'uwa nka a
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2015
Fake diapers? Wow!

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
When the diapers folds like tissue, then you know its chinko.

Please penalize the culprits, they are heartless bastards!
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by iwezor1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
misterchris:
k
is for kettle.
Re: NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers by tdayof(m): 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
krall:
good for him!

smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun Orunkun Didun (cure For Knee Pains Or Joint Pain) / Coronavirus: Osagie Enahire Commends Lagos State Government / Strange Disease Kills 3 Health Workers, Patient At Nigerian Army Hospital Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.