Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us (35953 Views)

Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. / See How My Parents Used I And My Siblings To Plot A Graph As Kids(pic) / What Did Your Parents Used To Save Each Others Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by AmakaDNB(f): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Lolss
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by iwezor1(m): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
sirRiddy:
h
is for house
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by yuzjet(m): 9:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
chrisviral:

This made my day!
Mine are still lying even till now undecided

I fear DAT ur mama ooo! undecided

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
ah trecked 5miles to nd fro to school...nor b lie sha

buh hw du yu xpect me to treck?

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Chipsy1(m): 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
My parents told me Jesus is comming soon...since den till now, nothing! Now I've realized dat "soon" isn't wot it seems 2 mean
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by maxdozie(m): 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
My Dad was like Maxwell don't go close to Any iron when its raining ,if u do it would shock u
Mosquito transfers Acid into the body.. This way I don't go close to the Net at home

2 Likes

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by ramalot(m): 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
smiley
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by iamsherif101(m): 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
EroticAngelina:
lol.. the one my mum use to say very well is.. when I was ur age(cool I use to wake up around 3a.m and do all the house chores before going to skul and market!

mah hear! my mama wey like sleep pass okpa embarassed
grin wish kind pikin u be ?

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by cokacoola(m): 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
My parents especially my mummy and daddy did not lie to me pleseasad
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by jauntty: 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
My Dad once lied (Jokingly tho)to me that Christmas have been cancelled.

I cried.

I think I was abt 5 or 6 then.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by moderatorr1: 9:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
very true

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by chrisviral(m): 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
yuzjet:

I fear DAT ur mama ooo! undecided

My mama no too lie sha, if call those stuff lie, her usual line was how she would trek from Umuahia to Enugu to fetch water and M like, Heeeey Mama Easy naa grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Godmother(f): 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
My mum would always threaten to take us to one baba when she was trying to find out which child was lying. According to her, the baba would touch all of us with 'something' and the lying child would instanly somersault, hit the floor, hit the ceiling, fall down to the floor again and then die. Omo! See me owning up to things I didn't do then cos I was terrified of even going to the baba's presence. When I remember the beatings I ate for things I didn't do, I weep for my mumuness.

You can't try this with my 4 years old nephew now sha. Cos only him will tell you how he will kick the baba and the baba will go and land in the moon. I love kids of nowadays grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by mytime24(f): 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bt all dose lies was for their child/ern gud, sme hw sha it helps
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by leggo: 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
mcdokwe:
maybe not instanta
i would love to point out the ignorance in your statement but i'm busy watching Obama a long time toker..When he runs mad i'll call you

2 Likes

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
lie ke...they av never lied to me, they only advice me.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by ibrahimofic(m): 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
If you go out in the night masquerade will catch you.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by VickyRotex(f): 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
Seriously, My Parents never told me any of this lies...

If they did, maybe I cant remember... smiley
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by allanphash7(m): 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
Lwkmd oooooo

Omo a se iru e fun e ooooooooo

Cant just stop laffin here
EroticAngelina:
lol.. the one my mum use to say very well is.. when I was ur age(cool I use to wake up around 3a.m and do all the house chores before going to skul and market!

mah hear! my mama wey like sleep pass okpa embarassed

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by egopersonified(f): 9:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
Oya, pen and paper so I can jot down some convincing lies for future purposes.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by iwezor1(m): 9:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
jauntty:
My Dad once lied (Jokingly tho)to me that Christmas have been cancelled.

I cried.

I think I was abt 5 or 6 then.

so funny

3 Likes

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Tval(m): 9:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
chelseabmw:
"Don't drink coconut water, it will make you dull" cheesy like WTF
Till date i don't take Coconut water because of this.

3 Likes

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by yuzjet(m): 9:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
chrisviral:

My mama no too lie sha, if call those stuff lie, her usual line was how she would trek from Umuahia to Enugu to fetch water and M like, Heeeey Mama Easy naa grin cheesy

Lfmao, na my granny used to make DAT punch lines. She'll be like, they'll wake up @3am, then trek from a far distance like DAT which is a market. grin
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by iwezor1(m): 9:51pm On Feb 28, 2015
ibrahimofic:
If you go out in the night masquerade will catch you.
omor ur own sure pass o! grin
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by AndreRose(f): 9:51pm On Feb 28, 2015
emusmith:

Tell us joor cool
Don't joor me
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 28, 2015
imaging my mum telling me dont av sex yet to avoid hiv nd pregnancy when i am even tired of all sex style, and i was like yes its against d bible self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by lexy070(m): 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
I guess there was only one position den dat is 1. Dat means dere was only one alphabet den dat is A
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by talented143(m): 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
#Neveragain will
Buhari smell ASO Rock

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Psalmmie001(m): 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
Op sef.. Lmao!!

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by yurme(m): 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
Godmother:
My mum would always threaten to take us to one baba when she was trying to find out which child was lying. According to her, the baba would touch all of us with 'something' and the lying child would instanly somersault, hit the floor, hit the ceiling, fall down to the floor again and then die. Omo! See me owning up to things I didn't do then cos I was terrified of even going to the baba's presence. When I remember the beatings I ate for things I didn't do, I weep for my mumuness.

You can't try this with my 4 years old nephew now sha. Cos only him will tell you how he will kick the baba and the baba will go and land in the moon. I love kids of nowadays grin
*faints*

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by chrisviral(m): 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
yuzjet:

Lfmao, na my granny used to make DAT punch lines. She'll be like, they'll wake up @3am, then trek from a far distance like DAT which is a market. grin

grin grin
To them sha it doesn't seem like a lie, probably just over using the figure of speech there. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck / One Injured As Fulani Clan Clashes Over Who Inherits Family Head’s Widow / Home DNA Test Kit - Is This The Expected “Apocalypse”?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.