Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator (38054 Views)

My Neighbour Is About To Kill His Wife!! Please Advice. (urgent) / My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / Help!!! My Neighbour Is A Screamer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
g
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by kilokeys(m): 3:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
is this a prequel to the fatal duel between two men.. generator wahala that ended badly?.. it made front page..

if it isnt.. Op.. be careful
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by tigonana: 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
Knock dwn d engine,go get 50naira salt nd pour it into d petro tank,d gen don finish be dat.tank me later.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by onadana: 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
Since all peaceful action did not resolve the issue...see your lawyer.Surely legal action can be taken...a court order can restrain him.What he is doing can cause a breach of public peace.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by ronald4lif(m): 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
Nna nawa ohh
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by seangy4konji: 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
we no get choice but to blast the noise for the gen...for this kain heat

Oh boy

na to buy Beats By Dre Studio for your family and mp3 Player...

Thank me later
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by lonelydora: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
Bureau of Public Complaints is there for you.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by dozymars(m): 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
Advice your Neighbour to get an inverter.

Tell him to visit the website to order for inverter amd solar system.

www.inverternigeria.com

In my house of 8 flats we all use inverter, no noise, no fuelling and its very convenient as it gives automatic changeover in the absence of phcn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by tigonana: 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
Go report to lanlord association for ur area,I knw sometin will be done.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by igbsam(m): 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
My brother, this case is not hard. Though I don't comment on sundays, but I have to tell you this. Whenever his gen is on, just buy Anapuna Salt of N100, empty everything inside the petrol tank and lock it. Go inside your house and pretend to be sleeping. I bet u, the gen will forever remain silent.

If gbege eventually happen.....abeg no be me advise u o

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by html14java(f): 3:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
Joel3:

Noted: so you are the damn fellow on the down flat?. Noted if anything should happened to my Generator you will be held responsible.

The gen is not at all close to your window.
lol... do u know what living in a flat upstairs look like? Funny u...
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by LEXYCOM: 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
Park out of the house for him.....and u will be free as a bird
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by plainmirror(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
c'mon be man enuff to confront him with the issue rather than posting and soliciting for help on NL.
I want to believe you paid the house rent and not him.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Lexusgs430: 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
The space where he has put the generator I presume is your own little area.
Put the area to your personal use, restricting his use of the space. He would have to read between the lines and relocate his wood grinding machine.
If he refuses to read between the line, you would have to keep physically moving it away from your space(i hope you are equally matched in stamina and strength)? Because Rambo IV might be happening in your yard !!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by handsome86(m): 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
There is difference between oppression and disturbance so which1 are u talking about?
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by highlyhonoured7: 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
grin grin u should no that in nigeria action speaks louder than voice and only the v take it by force,,,.....anyways princessfach @gmail did her OUTSTANDING pressentaion on TVC yesteday morningg....kudos to her.....God bless nigeria and U.S.A
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by propzncribz: 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
Agent ke? biko do not give us agents more work. Let him carry the case to court. Simple.

RoyalRoy:
Apart from the noise, its a health risk having a generator right behind your windows where the fume can difuse in while you are sleeping.

Please inform the caretaker or the house agent who you got the house from if the landlord is not available.

There should be somewhere a bit appropriate to put the generator instead of directly behind your flats.

He should be reasonable enough if you let him know the health risk his generator poses to you and your family.

I feel your pain.

Got a tenant like that some years back, had to stylishly kick him out when his rent was due.
grin grin grin
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Samirana360(m): 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
Buy new one 4 him
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by femi4: 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
Buy a bigger noisy Gen and turn the smoke direction to his flat.

Its noise for noise. Let him experience what you are going through

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by ceemere: 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
Its simple, open the fuel tank and add sand. Shikinah!! undecided
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by symbian03(m): 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
chimkaire:
...Please, I'd like to know; won't the owner discover what happened?
lol... I sense that you also want to damage your neighbor's gen
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by saaramis(m): 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
Pls try and talk to him
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by LOVEGINO(m): 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
Wetin come bring dis one come front page again? So make him no use gen bcuz of u? Abeg park well!
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by 9jatatafo(m): 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
OP I feel your pain. Some people are just animals. Try to talk to him in a mature way, if this option fell on deaf ears, go straight to police station nearest to you and report him. The police will invite him. Still if this step didn't work, na to write petition against am straight at the ministry of environment, Alausa or your local government. By the time he sees letter from ministry of environment or local government for noise and air pollution he will know that dodo is different from kpoma.
I would have suggested you salt or sugar the tank of the gen but there is every possibility that his gen mechanic will know and all fingers will point at you which will draw bad blood. Deal with him intelligently. Thank me later when all is done. Twaley!!!!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by arsetalks(m): 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
I sure say this thread is not about me? Guy where you dey live? grin
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by creepsyme(f): 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
some goats once was disturbing my aunt in her house, she reported to d owner but they were adamant abt it, she did a mixture of otapipia and soda with some watet which the goats drank and all died and dat was d end of it, the owner didnt knw who to report to because no evidence to proove.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
MARKone:

You can report him to the police. But have you talked to him, because your neighbour's action is highly preposterous, apart from the noise pollution and denying you guys sound sleep, the carbon monoxide emissions is a risk your family's health. You seem to be the very peaceful type, because if am the one, I will seize that generator, or he takes it up to his own flat. The salt thing to me will be a cowardly act.

Woo reporting to police is a waste of time oh, a neighbour reported me once sha and our dear police told her, generator case no be case for here lol, but i extended the cable of th
e gen to the gate so it stopped disturbing neighbours
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by specialguest(f): 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
I feel your pains OP. Ask him to take his generator upstairs to his balcony or wherever, he should pay for his comfort not you.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Brugo(m): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
Just get your lawyer to write him a short but strong letter.

The fumes can kill! Without any warning.

This is actually a matter of life and death. Defend your life.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by SporaD8: 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
chimkaire:
...Please, I'd like to know; won't the owner discover what happened?
To hell with his discovery since he isn't reasonable!
The child that says his parent will not sleep will himself see no sleep!
In my case it was ordinary water I pour in the fuel tank; when his mechanic told him there is water in the tank and he could link anything to me, the obnoxious guy jejely pack his gen set elsewhere no dulling at all.
Disclaimer, JUST MAKE SURE HE WON'T CATCH YOU WHILE AT IT!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by ElFenomeno1: 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:
Can someone tell me who to report my neighbour to. His generator is right behind my flat while he stays upstairs. He does not put off the gen until some mins to 12 am while as early as 4am the generator is on again whenever there is power outage. The gen is so noisy that my family has to wait for him to turn it off before we are able to go in to sleep at night. When he turns it on in the morning, we have to move to the living room to avoid the noise.

Our landlord does not stay with us and all efforts to resolve this have proved abortive as the said neighbour doesn't appear reasonable. As I type this , the gen is on.

Your contributions will be appreciated.

Go and buy a generator as well and do the same.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by saintneo(m): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:
Can someone tell me who to report my neighbour to. His generator is right behind my flat while he stays upstairs. He does not put off the gen until some mins to 12 am while as early as 4am the generator is on again whenever there is power outage. The gen is so noisy that my family has to wait for him to turn it off before we are able to go in to sleep at night. When he turns it on in the morning, we have to move to the living room to avoid the noise.

Our landlord does not stay with us and all efforts to resolve this have proved abortive as the said neighbour doesn't appear reasonable. As I type this , the gen is on.

Your contributions will be appreciated.

Fire an EMP anytime the generator comes on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? / Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.