Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator (38057 Views)

My Neighbour Is About To Kill His Wife!! Please Advice. (urgent) / My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / Help!!! My Neighbour Is A Screamer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by kliq(m): 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
Man-up confront him

Thank me later cool

Say no to oppression
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by jemimark: 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
@op pls since u ve spoken to him and he has chosen to be unreasonable you have two options1. Ignore him and buy an inverter if ur a peaceful person so u can shut ur windows wen d gen comes on and in d long run move frm d house. 2. get a lawyer and d lawyer will serve him a notice and help u involve the environmental office and take it frm dere. Pouring salt will only lead to a face off u may NT be able to handle or manage. I had similar issues I picked option 1.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Lordseyad(m): 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
Kill him

Lord seyad

And visit my blog on how to resurrect him
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
dechandel:
undecided undecided undecided
Get some boys to come and steal the gen lipsrsealed
grin
dechandel:
undecided undecided undecided
Get some boys to come and steal the gen lipsrsealed

Omo U wicked gaan ooooo.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by daxon001(m): 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
It's even worse in my compound.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by lion042(m): 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
Let him build his own house...Simple
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by joncom(m): 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:

As much as I will not want us brbg politics into the, I need I make it clear here that only the blind will be supporting what does not work, like the present government where the citizens do everything for themselves. I don't have any other options but give CHANGE the benefit of the doubt.

Still waiting for BabaAlabi or who else that knows how to get a health inspector.
Thanks.

You have spoilt the whole thing by involving politics. You don't need our advise.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by rago(m): 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
BabaAlabi:
Please don't pour kerosene into his generator because it will only escalate the problem.
Get in touch with a health inspector in your area, I assure you a simple call from them to the landlord will make him take action immediately OR threaten the landlord that you will not pay rent again because of the health hazard fumes from the generator pose to your life. I am confident the call from any health inspector even if it's a junior staff will work.

health inspector? lol.... this is West Africa, bro!

tho, i like ur thinking! wink undecided
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by daxon001(m): 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
Joel3:

Noted: so you are the damn fellow on the down flat?. Noted if anything should happened to my Generator you will be held responsible.

The gen is not at all close to your window.
so y u com dey oppress a fellow nairalander.
Oya 4 d sake of d nairalandism dat u both share.do d needful.aaitsmiley
OP dn't worry.d issue is resolved.cool
1 bottle of origin will do

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Joel3(m): 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
html14java:
lol... do u know what living in a flat upstairs look like? Funny u...
grin grin grin you know
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by emerged01(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
this is a serious issue. this once happened to me and family. we complained to the man but he refused to relocate his gen. on one Sunday night, I was mad at him. I went to the generator to pull off the wire and the man ran down from his apartment. I told him if he ever try to connect it again I will cut the wire. he was mad at me because he knew I was so young to challenge him.
thank God the issue was resolved,he was asked to relocate it to the front of the house. that night my mum was very happy with me.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Miradamian: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
plainmirror:
c'mon be man enuff to confront him with the issue rather than posting and soliciting for help on NL.
I want to believe you paid the house rent and not him.
are u. Fool?can u hear he has done that many times to no avail.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by emerged01(m): 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
igbsam:
My brother, this case is not hard. Though I don't comment on sundays, but I have to tell you this. Whenever his gen is on, just buy Anapuna Salt of N100, empty everything inside the petrol tank and lock it. Go inside your house and pretend to be sleeping. I bet u, the gen will forever remain silent.

If gbege eventually happen.....abeg no be me advise u o
you try o. Gej suppose to appoint u as an adviser.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by cozy7(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
If all ur efforts to make him understand that the generator is disturbing your family has failed then I think it is time to put salt or sugar in the generator tank for him. Mix a cup of sugar with kerosene and pour it all in or put some valve grinding compound into the tank let's see how far it goes.
Good! But he doesn't even need to spend money on such. Just take some dry sand (a hand full) n pour into d gen fuel tank. D gen won't survive 3 hours after that. At times, it's ONLY with wickedness u can correct wicked pple (speaking from experience)
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Maleyo: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
Go to Ministry of Justice in Alausa, dey handle such case and its free.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Jeffy1206(m): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:
I appreciate all the suggestions so far. I have talked to the guy, but he is such a stubborn fella. The agent is another irresponsible fella who only comes around when the rent is due. The landlord has told us to stop calling since he has an agent he pays to handle the house issues. Is there any legal way to deal with this situation? I am considering some of the ideas proposed above anyways!
this is purely a civil case. While not take him to court since he refused to understand the danger you're receiving?
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by brize(m): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:
I appreciate all the suggestions so far. I have talked to the guy, but he is such a stubborn fella. The agent is another irresponsible fella who only comes around when the rent is due. The landlord has told us to stop calling since he has an agent he pays to handle the house issues. Is there any legal way to deal with this situation? I am considering some of the ideas proposed above anyways!

since he is proving stubborn, don't do anything that will make us to see headlines that reads. NEIGHBOURS fought and injured each other because of generator noise or salt in generator set sparked up a bloody fight.... Don't allow devil to take advantage of you my dearest...

I will suggest. That you call a yard meeting since he no wan hear all your plea, call a yard meeting and report your case to them politely emphasising mostly on the dangers of health/noise issues. But if your yards don't normally call meeting then i suggest you make a larger move, by involving police to it, since they are the only nearest government agency, but tell them you don't need him to be arrested because he is a neighbour but that you wish him to find a better position for his gen. so that you both can enjoy your nights peacefully....

That's my suggestion o, i thank God i don't have such problem.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by teemy(m): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
@davit seeing that your family's wellbeing is of great importance to you file a case against him at the courts. you do not need a lawyer as this is a clear cut case with just one or two witnesses. from public nuisance to attempted murder to damages.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Bowwow11(m): 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
Go and buy your own generator and disturb him too and stop beefing him if you wish to have your own generator
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Amyceilyn(f): 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
My brother the simple solution is oppress back,
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by teemy(m): 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
also avoid any of the criminal acts pre adviced by some on thread as your would not want to do anything you would not be proud to defend. the environmental laws are on your side. give him one last warning and name your next actions if he persists.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by masciv: 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
Drain the oil and force the engine to stop. Do this constantly and his engine will knock in no time. But before you do this, try to reason it out with him once again and pray about it too.

As funny as the scenario may sound, you may also take up the case in court. The odds are definitely in your favor cos the position of that gen puts your family's lives at risk.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Mayor88(m): 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
Bros oppress am back too. Get a gen wey sabi mak noise pass hm own
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by femifemoo: 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Report him to public complaint commission! They are located in every state though not that popular, meawhile b4 u report, get a withness to observe the problem! Best legal solution n free of charge!
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by netmillionaires(m): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:

As much as I will not want us brbg politics into the, I need I make it clear here that only the blind will be supporting what does not work, like the present government where the citizens do everything for themselves. I don't have any other options but give CHANGE the benefit of the doubt.

Still waiting for BabaAlabi or who else that knows how to get a health inspector.
Thanks.
your own is still better o. Mine is an herbalist who stays in the next flat. He burns leaves and other concoction everydayeven at night. The smell alone can kill a matured man. Several complaints will not make him stop. Other tenants were in the fear of being jinxed by the man. I could have report his case to an health inspector but who wan die. Make the man no go dey do charm for person because dem report am. The man died some years back. Everytime I just remember the incidence I just laugh.
You can always get a health inspector at your local government council.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by idnole4(m): 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
Just help your neighbor relocates the gen to a better place. If possible get a cabin for the gen. Be a good neighbor. It brings peace to both party.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by MARKone(m): 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
creepsyme:
some goats once was disturbing my aunt in her house, she reported to d owner but they were adamant abt it, she did a mixture of otapipia and soda with some watet which the goats drank and all died and dat was d end of it, the owner didnt knw who to report to because no evidence to proove.

Wow your aunt is mean grin

No dulling

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
Cut the red wire under the generator he'll never disturb you again. Thank me later
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by lepasharon(f): 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
I remember in Nigeria. My idiotic neighbor put his huge generator near my aunty's bedroom. Who knows maybe that was how she caught cancer undecided.... Inhaling all those fumes at night sad

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by redcliff: 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:
Can someone tell me who to report my neighbour to. His generator is right behind my flat while he stays upstairs. He does not put off the gen until some mins to 12 am while as early as 4am the generator is on again whenever there is power outage. The gen is so noisy that my family has to wait for him to turn it off before we are able to go in to sleep at night. When he turns it on in the morning, we have to move to the living room to avoid the noise.

Our landlord does not stay with us and all efforts to resolve this have proved abortive as the said neighbour doesn't appear reasonable. As I type this , the gen is on.

Your contributions will be appreciated.

does this your neighbor not have a balcony he can put his generator by?
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by idu1(m): 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
Report him to the police....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? / Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.