Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,438 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator (38004 Views)

My Neighbour Is About To Kill His Wife!! Please Advice. (urgent) / My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / Help!!! My Neighbour Is A Screamer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Joel3(m): 9:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
Mcowubaba:

Dnt derail, if Buhari fixed the power problem during his Tenure, Gej would have had lesser problems with light..
U hav been shouting Up Nepa since u wia born, nd u expect Gej to do magic within 6-4years in a 55 year old Country, dnt be a hypocrite...
I wish dis Buhari will win self, let me see d Magic he will perform, akuko!!!
Anywy.. u never instigated that u were supporting Buhari in ur post, but I believe that any Gej hater is a Buhari supporter nd vice versa..
shut up you don't make sense.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Ashmark(m): 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
Joel3:
shut up you don't make sense.

Am a support of Buhari and I don't see anything that doesn't make sense in his post.

Moreover, You don't need to tell him to shut up.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Vello(m): 9:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
One of the following options must certainly work:
Switch flats. You go up and he pack downstairs. Simple!
Approach your local government secretariat and meet a health inspector-wolewole. File a complaint against him on health risk and noise pollution.
Send anonymous tip to him that EFCC is tailing him on suspicion that hes a yahoo guy as only them runs generator in such crazy pattern.
Finally, help him carry the gen to his flat upstairs. Boys in the street can readily lend you a hand. He'll get your point.
Should these approaches fail, locate a military friend to arrange a lesson for him in home training and civility. Or feign sick and sue him for health poisoning...

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by julybaba(m): 9:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
Report him to God, the source of his revenue, that makes him torment his fellow man will soon run dry.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by kingDarius(m): 9:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ilekeh:

lmao grin
Open d tank and pour some salt....it works magic as in
Automatic Noise Extinguisher.
Make him no c u o.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by bomsilaga(m): 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
davit:
I appreciate all the suggestions so far. I have talked to the guy, but he is such a stubborn fella. The agent is another irresponsible fella who only comes around when the rent is due. The landlord has told us to stop calling since he has an agent he pays to handle the house issues. Is there any legal way to deal with this situation? I am considering some of the ideas proposed above anyways!
I had the same experience about 2yrs ago.i tried talking to the guy but always met with arrogance from both wife and husband. I tried talking to landlord and wsd referred to the lawyer agent who advised me to take whatever step I deem necessary. I contacted a lawyer and on his advice I went to the police to make an attempted murder case. They came and ordered him to take the generator away from my window.
But I guess the most effective way will be to report to those ministry of environment people. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by 100Cents: 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
Lord, I pray that you give this op his own house within one year miraculously in Jesus name. Amen !

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Godsfavour001(m): 10:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
if u can actually arrange boys to steal the gen that would be d best solution.why because if dat one was stolen and he buys anoder one he will feel dat ur backyard is not safe he wont risk to put the new one there he will just relocate it to his front or back balcony. The man is even wicked.his kitchen must have a balcony and d entrance to his flat has a balcony even his stepcase is there to put his gen he just dont want to hear the noise dats y he brought it down and he sees u as smone he can oppress dats y he choose d corner of ur window.are u d only tenant on the ground floor he should shift it to another tenants back.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Sike(m): 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
Do me I do you....
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by roughneck: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
Bros Sorry o.. E dey happen. From your post, you seem like someone that will always seek a peaceful approach to conflict resolution but bros na craze dem dey take fight craze. I will never put my gen behind someone's window and I will never take it from anyone. Bros challenge him live and direct, forget all these salt and sugar matter, by the time you remove the cable of the gen for everytime he puts it on he will know you are serious. stand your ground and send a clear message that you wont take that shyte.. Bros but how your compound big reach? no other place dey wey he fit arrange him gen put?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by MissOpe(f): 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dear forumites kindly help me win this competition by liking the post on this link....Below is the link to the post
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1615311108701321&id=1603852676513831&refid=17
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by deavicky(m): 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
Buy an old gen and take upstairs place it close to his window and let him feel the noise too
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Emdee590(m): 11:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
The mechanic is likely to discover what happened if you use salt or sugar and kero.
If any of them discover, na to carry ur head carryam naa
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by philchudi: 12:19am On Mar 02, 2015
davit:
Can someone tell me who to report my neighbour to. His generator is right behind my flat while he stays upstairs. He does not put off the gen until some mins to 12 am while as early as 4am the generator is on again whenever there is power outage. The gen is so noisy that my family has to wait for him to turn it off before we are able to go in to sleep at night. When he turns it on in the morning, we have to move to the living room to avoid the noise.

Our landlord does not stay with us and all efforts to resolve this have proved abortive as the said neighbour doesn't appear reasonable. As I type this , the gen is on.

Your contributions will be appreciated.

Mine na one small church like that. Just the next room: if they sing, pray, preach na my head the sound they enter. The worst be say dem they get midnight prayer almost everyday. If they dance ehh. just Cary ur own Gen go Im front door may we see waiting he do. U can as well contact Public complaints commission.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by adaxxy: 12:27am On Mar 02, 2015
@Davit dont ask anybody to steal the gen because they msy get caught in the act and could lead to you orends their lives and you nigerians are goods with jungle justice, just tellthe environmental people even lie that one of your daughters fainted afterinhailing the fumes,and bribe them trust me there will be everlasting solution to your problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by illuminatic: 3:47am On Mar 02, 2015
davit:

As much as I will not want us brbg politics into the, I need I make it clear here that only the blind will be supporting what does not work, like the present government where the citizens do everything for themselves. I don't have any other options but give CHANGE the benefit of the doubt.

Still waiting for BabaAlabi or who else that knows how to get a health inspector.
Thanks.
Electricity is the reason i wont vote GEJ or Buhari. To get environmental health inspectors just walk straight to any local government office and ask of environmental Health inspectors office and they will come and do their job without you spending money.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by ChynoBEATS: 4:41am On Mar 02, 2015
davit:
Can
Our landlord does not stay with us and all efforts to resolve this have proved abortive as the said neighbour doesn't appear reasonable. As I type this , the gen is on.

Your contributions will be appreciated.

Go n report him to your LG council , they'll serve him a notice n he'll remove it without any argument

If you like no do am Na u sabi
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by josite: 10:12am On Mar 02, 2015
to prevent what might lead to murder. report to the police if the landlord cannot resolve the dangerous and provocative
situation
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by manot: 11:42am On Mar 02, 2015
go and get your own
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by dinoh: 3:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
I really feel your plight. But do not resort to the illegality of deliberately destroying property as has been advised by many. You may end up worse off. I'm guessing your predicament is borne by the fact that this neighbour of yours took up residence in this compound prior to you, in which case I expect you should clearly have caught this snag during your inspection visit and seen this as a red flag.

However, I think there are other reasonable options you could explore:

1. Call for an enlarged meeting of all tenants where-in issues affecting your collective and individual well-being could be discussed. You may decide to invite the care-taker/Landlord.
2. Agree collectively on a central point for the set-up/installation of all power generating devices within the premises. (I am guessing that each apartment does not have it's own balcony)
3. Agree to regulate the time(s) which the generator sets are allowed on and off (this may be not be practicable though)

If none of these work, I think (for the safety of your family), you should MOVE OUT
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by davit: 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
dinoh:
I really feel your plight. But do not resort to the illegality of deliberately destroying property as has been advised by many. You may end up worse off. I'm guessing your predicament is borne by the fact that this neighbour of yours took up residence in this compound prior to you, in which case I expect you should clearly have caught this snag during your inspection visit and seen this as a red flag.

However, I think there are other reasonable options you could explore:

1. Call for an enlarged meeting of all tenants where-in issues affecting your collective and individual well-being could be discussed. You may decide to invite the care-taker/Landlord.
2. Agree collectively on a central point for the set-up/installation of all power generating devices within the premises. (I am guessing that each apartment does not have it's own balcony)
3. Agree to regulate the time(s) which the generator sets are allowed on and off (this may be not be practicable though)

If none of these work, I think (for the safety of your family), you should MOVE OUT

Thanks all for your invaluable contributions most especially the quoted person. I eventually resolved to involve a lawyer. My lawyer said such issue will be difficult to address in a court of law. He advised I use the environmental guys in the local council, which I am working on. I will update the house on any development.

Nairalander for life!
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by davit: 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
Once again I appreciate all the good suggestions I received from people who contributed in this thread. I eventually followed one of your pieces of advice, which was having my own house. The project began in April and by His grace, I moved to my own house last Saturday. Attached are some of the pictures.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Joel3(m): 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
davit:
Once again I appreciate all the good suggestions I received from people who contributed in this thread. I eventually followed one of your pieces of advice, which was having my own house. The project began in April and by His grace, I moved to my own house last Saturday. Attached are some of the pictures.
congrats is that two flat? you can have create another thread using this thread link as a reference. more people will get to see it and it must surely hit front page.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by davit: 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
Joel3:
congrats is that two flat? you can have create another thread using this thread link as a reference. more people will get to see it and it must surely hit front page.

Ok. I will surely do that. Thanks

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Moana(f): 5:48am On Jan 02, 2016
creepsyme:
some goats once was disturbing my aunt in her house, she reported to d owner but they were adamant abt it, she did a mixture of otapipia and soda with some watet which the goats drank and all died and dat was d end of it, the owner didnt knw who to report to because no evidence to proove.
first class wickedness embarassed
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by GBAGAAUN(m): 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2016
Buoy ur own genenrator smiley
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by poundlander: 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
100Cents:
Lord, I pray that you give this op his own house within one year miraculously in Jesus name. Amen !
broda, please pray for me I need a job. thanks
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by eph12(m): 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
Joel3:
blame president jonathan for not providing electricity. If he can disturbed everyday this tell me that your guys are in total darkness. I will not be surprise you are among those that keep shouting GEJ till 2019.

Bros I hail o. Was just going through this thread and I saw your post. Made sense at the time now it's looking like rocket science.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by Sammyramires(m): 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
Out of all the suggested advise, only a Username stands out with unfailing prophecy.... 100Cents is the Username.

He said withing a year and barely after a year, the testimony came.

I tapped into the anointing that came out of 100 cents that very day, and I prophecy into my life. Before this year ends, the achievements that has never been witnessed before in my generations, I shall achieve it and be celebrated in Jesus Name.... Amen!!

CONGRATULATIONS OP

@sammyramires

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by davit: 12:24am On Jun 23, 2016
100Cents:

Thanks for this prayer. Baba God indeed answered it exactly the way you prayed it.
Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by 100Cents: 9:07am On Jun 23, 2016
poundlander:

broda, please pray for me I need a job. thanks

God has heard you..

1 Like

Re: Help! My Neighbour Disturbs Me With His Generator by jacy67(f): 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
100Cents:

You're indeed a prophet. God has really done it for opsmiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Exhumes Ex-husband’s Corpse, Fights Son Over Property (pics) / Two Years Old Boy Trapped In 330ft Deep Hole For One Week In Spain(Photos) / 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.