Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,885 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:36 AM

Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? (3283 Views)

Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. / I Don't Think We Christians Really Study Our Bibles / Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hildalicious(f): 8:23am On Mar 01, 2015
i know that we are saved.
i hear people say for you to be saved you must do this or do that.
but my problem is, i don't know what Jesus saved us from.
i have been morally upright from childhood as i was brought up by my parents from a christian home, but since i became born again nothing changed, i am still the same person as morally conscious as usual.
so, i really don't know what being born again has done for me.
because i really want to value what Jesus Christ did on the cross, please can someone tell me why Jesus died?
i understand that people have been morally upright even before Jesus came to die

4 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hildalicious(f): 8:49am On Mar 01, 2015
so ,no Christian know what they are saved from?
this is terrible!
when the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable.
no wonder Christianity is abused in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by ayoku777(m): 9:24am On Mar 01, 2015
Hildalicious:
i know that we are saved.
i hear people say for you to be saved you must do this or do that.
but my problem is, i don't know what Jesus saved us from.
i have been morally upright from childhood as i was brought up by my parents from a christian home, but since i became born again nothing changed, i am still the same person as morally conscious as usual.
so, i really don't know what being born again has done for me.
because i really want to value what Jesus Christ did on the cross, please can someone tell me why Jesus died?
i understand that people have been morally upright even before Jesus came to die

We are saved from sin (cause, consequence, condemnation)

The cause of sin is the image of the first Adam. Everyone born of a woman is born in the image of the first Adam. When you become born again you're saved from that image and born again in the image of the last Adam -Jesus.

The consequence of sin is separation from God, and subjection to the dominion of Satan and the consequences of the fall. When you become born again you're delivered from the kingdom of darkness and dominion of the Devil. Now you have authority through Jesus over the devil and all the power of the enemy.

The condemnation of sin is spiritual death and the second death in the lake of fire. When you're born again, you receive eternal life (zoe) into your spirit and you come alive to God. And you will also not end up in the lake of fire -the second death. Which is where all who are spiritually dead will end up.

So jesus saved from sin, the cause of sin (image of the first Adam); the consequence of sin (separation from God, subjection to the dominion of satan); and condemnation of sin (spiritual death and second death -lake of fire.)

Hope this helps.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by johnydon22(m): 9:48am On Mar 01, 2015
ayoku777:

ok

ayoku777:

The cause of sin is the image of the first Adam. Everyone born of a woman is born in the image of the first Adam. When you become born again you're saved from that image and born again in the image of the last Adam -Jesus.
Very interesting... So this loving God is still blaming you all for the sin of one man and woman in jewish mythology.
For someone very loving, its too long a time to still bear the grudge of a sin committed by those folks... is he not tired of blaming their sins on you even in this 21st century?
btw google Adam and eve and you will see they are just jewish mythology of how people came to be on earth just like yorubas belive oduduwa was the first man on earth created at ile ife, igbos believe it was eri at nsudde..

ayoku777:

The consequence of sin is separation from God, and subjection to the dominion of Satan and the consequences of the fall. When you become born again you're delivered from the kingdom of darkness and dominion of the Devil. Now you have authority through Jesus over the devil and all the power of the enemy.
Kingdow of darkness, let us not forget that according to your mythology the leader of this kingdom of darkness (lucifer) is but a servant of yahweh that he can destroy at will... why not just destroy him and save you the stress.. But no he prefers to play bet of souls with his arch enemy who happens to be one of his servants.. (Cool storygrin)

ayoku777:

The condemnation of sin is spiritual death and the second death in the lake of fire. When you're born again, you receive eternal life (zoe) into your spirit and you come alive to God. And you will also not end up in the lake of fire -the second death. Which is where all who are spiritually dead will end up.

So jesus saved from sin, the cause of sin (image of the first Adam); the consequence of sin (separation from God, subjection to the dominion of satan); and condemnation of sin (spiritual death and second death -lake of fire.)

Hope this helps.
So he created you, then created a lake of fire for you then wants to save you from the same lake of fire he created for you.
Why create it at all?
is eternal punishment an attribute of love?
Is it justifiable to condemn every human cus of the sin of 2people who just ate an apple why make a big deal of it and still bear the grudge till now.

(N.B. if you are gonna reply make it as snappy as mine, no long boring post full of Bible quotations cus am not gonna read any too long post...
If u cant explain it simply, then.you dont understand it well enough-- Einstein)

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by ayoku777(m): 9:49am On Mar 01, 2015
And one error you're making that I noticed from your post is that you think christianity is all about morals.

Christianity is about Christ; and Christ represents more than just morals. Christianity is the imputation of the life and the lifestyle of Christ into a man.

And look at what Jesus has and has received through His death:

Rev 5v12 -Worthy is the lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

All these things are yours as well in Christ, because you're an heir of God through Christ and as He is, so are you in this world through Him.

So morality is not all that defines christianity. Christianity is the revelation and reality of the glory of Christ in a man.

From your post, you created the impression that what did Jesus add to you, since you've always had morals even before being born again.

What Jesus added to you is His glory. That is, His manifest presence, All His riches, the full expression of all His attributes, the totality of His personality, All He his, has and does; and All His goodness.

Simply put Jesus gave you Himself and His glory.

Grow in your knowledge of who Christ is and you will automatically grow in the knowledge of what Christ gave you, and what christianity has added to you.

Shalom!
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by MizMyColi(f): 10:37am On Mar 01, 2015
From a bloodthirsty god I suppose.

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by ayoku777(m): 10:57am On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:
ok

Very interesting... So this loving God is still blaming you all for the sin of one man and woman in jewish mythology.
For someone very loving, its too long a time to still bear the grudge of a sin committed by those folks... is he not tired of blaming their sins on you even in this 21st century?
btw google Adam and eve and you will see they are just jewish mythology of how people came to be on earth just like yorubas belive oduduwa was the first man on earth created at ile ife, igbos believe it was eri at nsudde..

Sin is fundamentally an image not an act. The acts of sin comes up later, but sin is first and foremost an image. We are sinners because we are born in the sin image of the first Adam.

You can pardon a sinful act, but you can't pardon a sinful image, you can only regenerate an image -bring forth a new image. And God did just that through Jesus.

So until Jesus died and rose as the last Adam and the first born of the new creation, everyone born of a woman was born in the sin image of the first Adam.

So its not about God keeping a grudge, sinful Adamic image kept procreating sinful Adamic image. Until a man came who knew no sin and did no sin, and He now became the template for a new righteous image -a new image for mankind to now be born-again in. The man is Jesus Christ, the Son of God; the last Adam.

johnydon22:

Kingdow of darkness, let us not forget that according to your mythology the leader of this kingdom of darkness (lucifer) is but a servant of yahweh that he can destroy at will... why not just destroy him and save you the stress.. But no he prefers to play bet of souls with his arch enemy who happens to be one of his servants.. (Cool storygrin)

It is more than just about the devil. God wants to deal with the issue of sin among His creations of freewill for all eternity. Simply obliterating the devil into non-existence will not automatically deal with the issue of sin.

Do you know that even after the Luciferan rebellion, there were other sets of angels that rebelled again. These are the ones in Genesis 6. They were called the watchers. These group are different from the ones that went with Lucifer.

So Lucifer might have been the one that commissioned sin, but simply destroying him will not be the eternal cure for sin. There is a bigger picture to God's actions that we can't see just yet much less appreciate.

So let me stop here.

johnydon22:

So he created you, then created a lake of fire for you then wants to save you from the same lake of fire he created for you.
Why create it at all?
is eternal punishment an attribute of love?
Is it justifiable to condemn every human cus of the sin of 2people who just ate an apple why make a big deal of it and still bear the grudge till now.

God didn't create the lake of fire for any man. Hell was created for the devil and his angels. People go to hell of their own will and choices.

Matthew 25v41 -Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS.

johnydon22:
(N.B. if you are gonna reply make it as snappy as mine, no long boring post full of Bible quotations cus am not gonna read any too long post...
If u cant explain it simply, then.you dont understand it well enough-- Einstein)

Sorry but I don't preach from my opinion, I establish doctrine with scripture. So I can't make posts without referring to the bible to make quotations and references. The bible is the foundation of doctrinal authority to the christian.

So If its boring to you I can't help it; I'm sure its not boring to the person who asked the question -the OP.

Do you know why you constantly feel the need to go to every thread to discredit christianity? Its because deep in your heart, the Holy Spirit is still convicting you.

Your need to constantly express your discredit of Christ and God is to silence the conviction of the Holy Spirit in your heart. If you stay too long without abusing Jesus or christianity, the voice of conviction in your spirit will overwhelm you like fire in your bones.

From the time we met on the "predestination thread" I just liked you. I even prayed for you on friday. I opened your profile, laid hands on your picture and prayed in Spirit for you. I believe God will still use you. You will still preach Christ.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by johnydon22(m): 11:13am On Mar 01, 2015
ayoku777:

Sin is fundamentally an image not an act. The acts of sin comes up later, but sin is first and foremost an image. We are sinners because we are born in the sin image of the first Adam.
Warned u about the over long post shaa)

Oya so ur humanity is sin because it comes in the image of adam and eve? and this adam and eve comes in the image of God... hehehehehehehe end point God is sin..

If sin is image and not act, then remind me again how adam and eve became sinners? Were they sin by image (image of God) or because they ate an apple (act) Seriously eeeh the way you guys twist stuffs to fit you rediculous notions tire me.
and why should a perfect and just God term every human sinner because they are humans, because of adam and eve... why bear a grudge against those two till now even upon you lot that know.nothing about it just because you come in the image of adam and eve which hilariously happens to be the very image of this God too... hahahahaha funny..
(again my post in short and snappy pls leave the long post and make it short and tactful)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by ayoku777(m): 11:39am On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:
Warned u about the over long post shaa)

Oya so ur humanity is sin because it comes in the image of adam and eve? and this adam and eve comes in the image of God... hehehehehehehe end point God is sin..

If sin is image and not act, then remind me again how adam and eve became sinners? Were they sin by image (image of God) or because they ate an apple (act) Seriously eeeh the way you guys twist stuffs to fit you rediculous notions tire me.
and why should a perfect and just God term every human sinner because they are humans, because of adam and eve... why bear a grudge against those two till now even upon you lot that know.nothing about it just because you come in the image of adam and eve which hilariously happens to be the very image of this God too... hahahahaha funny..
(again my post in short and snappy pls leave the long post and make it short and tactful)

You're very right, the sin of Adam was an act, an act of disobedience to God and His instructions.

But what i'm explaining to you is how mankind came to be credited with the sin of Adam even without doing anything right or wrong.

Its because we are all born in the image of Adam that disobeyed. Adam sinned and we inherit his sinful image when we are born in his image. Adam's sin was an act but it is imputed by being born in his image.

Its just the same way Jesus obeyed and we inherit His righteousness by being born again in His image by faith. Christ righteousness was an act but it is imputed to us by faith through the new birth.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by johnydon22(m): 11:49am On Mar 01, 2015
ayoku777:

You're very right, the sin of Adam was an act, an act of disobedience to God and His instructions.

But what i'm explaining to you is how mankind came to be credited with the sin of Adam even without doing anything right or wrong.

Its because we are all born in the image of Adam that disobeyed. Adam sinned and we inherit his sinful image when we are born in his image. Adam's sin was an act but it is imputed by being born in his image.

Its just the same way Jesus obeyed and we inherit His righteousness by being born again in His image by faith. Christ righteousness was an act but it is imputed to us by faith through the new birth.

very good you have corrected yourself now @bolded.

And the question still lingers [size=20] Why would a perfect and just God blame every human for the sin of one man because they all look alike? [/size]

outside question: Do you believe that Adam and eve are the father and mother of all humans?

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by yomi007k(m): 1:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

And the question still lingers [size=20] Why would a perfect and just God blame every human for the sin of one man because they all look alike? [/size]

outside question: Do you believe that Adam and eve are the father and mother of all humans?
I like this guy.

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by AdeniyiA(m): 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
from your ignorance undecided
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by simplex2: 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
ayoku777:

Does that even make sense to you? Adam disobeyed, therefore every other man born into this world inherits the sin? I mean, like seriously? Adam was of the image of God, we all are of the image of God, why is one man's sin imputed to everyother man?

The Op asked what Jesus' death achieved! Its a valid question because God could have just allowed man ask for forgiveness from the original sin (he didn't commit) and then all things become okk. But No: someone must die before the loving god forgives any sin.

Since after Jesus died, did it stop man from being born in the same image of Adam like you posited?

2 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by ladon1: 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
The question you asked as as simple as a,b,c to answer. Adam(man) is the seed, federal head and the sole root where every other men came from. Adam means man. Who sinned in the garden against God? Man(Adam) did. Are you all men? if so then you all sin in that fedearal head. That sin brought a disfunction to the federal head(seed) which transmit downwards to every man. Is it hard for any man to comprehend how two parents that are SS to produce an offspring with a sickle cell disease? why was the disfuntuon transmitted downwards to the child?
For the wages of sin death(physical, spiritual and eternal) If we all disagree with the concept of original sin, why then does an infant die?
Does a two year old child had to learn how to be envious?
The bible says in genesis 6;5 that God saw the wickednesd of man and every of his imaginatin was evil continually.
Sin is a terrible virus that only has one cure which through the
blood of the last Adam(Jesus christ.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by blueyedgeek(m): 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
Duh, saved from hell fire obviously. Anyone who's not a Christian no matter how morally upright the person might be is going to hell fire. Heaven is too tiny to accommodate every person on earth and so only Christians are going there. This is straight from the Holy Spirit so don't try to question me.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by johnydon22(m): 7:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Duh, saved from hell fire obviously. Anyone who's not a Christian no matter how morally upright the person might be is going to hell fire. Heaven is too tiny to accommodate every person on earth and so only Christians are going there. This is straight from the Holy Spirit so don't try to question me.

The funniest aspect is that this same hell they are saved from was made by their god oo then started saving them from what he made for them... grin

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by kevoh(m): 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
Johnydon22, you forgot to add that after saving from hell and getting to heaven, heaven will be divided into the thousands of christian denominations each according to his doctrine by their god. We'll have the Catholic Heaven, Winners Heaven, Cele Heaven, Redeemed Heaven, Christ Embassy heaven e.t.c

3 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hildalicious(f): 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
ayoku777:

Hope this helps.
thanks,
the benefit of believing is to have eternal life

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by johnydon22(m): 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
kevoh:
Johnydon22, you forgot to add that after saving from hell and getting to heaven, heaven will be divided into the thousands of christian denominations each according to his doctrine by their god. We'll have the Catholic Heaven, Winners Heaven, Cele Heaven, Redeemed Heaven, Christ Embassy heaven e.t.c

and different hell too cus each of the denomination sentence each other to hell too.. and dont forget the muslim hell which all christians are still going to.. chimoooooooooooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by kevoh(m): 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

chimoooooooooooo cheesy
grin
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by plaetton: 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
ayoku777:

Hope this helps.
Bullshyte.
Which sin is he saved from?

Since humans supposedly have free will, then I should ask, is sin something imposed on humans against their will, for Which they need to be liberated or saved from.?
Or sin something that always require the free will choices of the individual?
It is either one or the other.

So back to the question :
Did jesus saved him from an imposed, inherited sin, or from the free will sins he committed today and will likely commit tomorrow, the and , and for the rest of his life?

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by johnydon22(m): 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
kevoh:

grin
blood of zeus oh sowie osiris uuuhm grrrrrrh amadioha joooor.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by blueyedgeek(m): 7:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

The funniest aspect is that this same hell they are saved from was made by their god oo then started saving them from what he made for them... grin
To be fair to God, he never knew that Lucifer would rebel, infact he didn't plan for it and so he had to make hell after the rebellion for those damn angels that dared to war against him. Hell fire was created because God didn't plan well enough for the future, he didn't see the rebellion coming. Hell fire was prepared for those erring angels at first but God in his infinite wisdom knowing fully well how the civil war in heaven came about couldn't afford to offend those angels again and so he decided to make hell a place for humans with those same angels in charge. This way, they have people to rule over. Hell is God's way of compensating for those angels that rebelled against him.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by blueyedgeek(m): 7:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hildalicious:

thanks,
the benefit of believing is to have eternal life
And when pesin talk say the life wey I'm live for earth don do, say I'm no want more after death, God go vex. Na by force to want eternal life? Wetin I wan take am do?
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by plaetton: 7:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
blueyedgeek:
To be fair to God, he never knew that Lucifer would rebel, infact he didn't plan for it and so he had to make hell after the rebellion for those damn angels that dared to war against him. Hell fire was created because God didn't plan well enough for the future, he didn't see the rebellion coming. Hell fire was prepared for those erring angels at first but God in his infinite wisdom knowing fully well how the civil war in heaven came about couldn't afford to offend those angels again and so he decided to make hell a place for humans with those same angels in charge. This way, they have people to rule over. Hell is God's way of compensating for those angels that rebelled against him.

Wow!
So God erred?
This is new revelation.
Lol.

And btw, how did you get to know all this?
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 7:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

God didn't blame anybody for Adam's sin.

"12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because all sinned, — 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." (Rom 5:12-14).

The Bible didn't say God blame us for Adam's sin. It only say Adam's sin cause death to reign over all men. Death according to the Bible is like a disease that makes human sinful. Because of death in human, they have the tendency to choose evil over good even when they don't want to. As a result human nature is not good and can not be good no matter how many good they do.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by johnydon22(m): 7:51pm On Mar 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by blueyedgeek(m): 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
plaetton:

Wow!
So God erred?
This is new revelation.
Lol.

And btw, how did you get to know all this?

It's in the bible, you just have to read it for what it is. Think of it as just a book and you'll be able to get the full story. God isn't perfect and he has shortcomings, it's all in the bible.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by johnydon22(m): 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hiswordxray:

God didn't blame anybody for Adam's sin.

"12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because all sinned, — 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." (Rom 5:12-14).

The Bible didn't say God blame us for Adam's sin. It only say Adam's sin cause death to reign over all men. Death according to the Bible is like a disease that makes human sinful. Because of death in human, they have the tendency to choose evil over good even when they don't want to. As a result human nature is not good and can not be good no matter how many good they do.

lol so now its no longer sin but death..grin

the question still lingers [size=20] why not just allow adam and his wife die, why shorten your life cus of something you know nothing about?[/size]

@ italized words tho.. sin through adam and death through sin.. means he stiol blames you for adam's sin thats why you still partake in adam's death sentence..

3 Likes

Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
plaetton:

Bullshyte.
Which sin is he saved from?

Since humans supposedly have free will, then I should ask, is sin something imposed on humans against their will, for Which they need to be liberated or saved from.?
Or sin something that always require the free will choices of the individual?
It is either one or the other.

So back to the question :
Did jesus saved him from an imposed, inherited sin, or from the free will sins he committed today and will likely commit tomorrow, the and , and for the rest of his life?
Yes you have free will but the big bully called sin will cause you to become is slave.
Jesus death gives us power over the big bully.
And humans didn't inherit sin but inherited a disease that made sin have power over them despite the free will.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
blueyedgeek:
And when pesin talk say the life wey I'm live for earth don do, say I'm no want more after death, God go vex. Na by force to want eternal life? Wetin I wan take am do?
You have only two options: eternal life or eternal death.
It your choice, choose wisely.
Re: Please, What Are We Christians Saved From? by blueyedgeek(m): 8:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Yes you have free will but the big bully called sin will cause you to become is slave.
Jesus death gives us power over the big bully.
And humans didn't inherit sin but inherited a disease that made sin have power over them despite the free will.
This is even harder to understand than complex calculations that quantum physicists posit. What is the name of the disease biko nu?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? / Moral Teaching In The Gospels / The Prison Of Yahweh And Other 'gods' Of Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.