Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,148 members, 7,807,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

The Tithe... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tithe... (403 Views)

"N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / Greedy Pastors And The Tithe Scam / TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tithe... by daben1(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2015
I've read in the Bible and i've heard many pastors telling their members to pay their tithe every sunday, even when they are preaching sometimes, they lay more emphasise on the tithe... the bible also say we should give just one tenth of our income, what about the civil servants that earn on monthly basis except the self employed, they still pay their tithe every sunday instead of at the end of every month probably after they might have been paid their salary, yes, from what i've read in the bible, they ought to be paying their tithe at the end of every month...but let's be sincere to ourselves, do we really give one tenth of our income as tithe knowing fully well that the money is going into the pocket of the pastor... So guys, if you are earning five million naira every month, can you give #500,000 every month as tithe?
Re: The Tithe... by PastorKun(m): 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
There is absolutely no where in the bible were believers or even the Jews are asked to tithe from their income. And before you quote that over floggged malachi passage, it was addressed to the children of Israel and NOT new testament believers and the tithe spoken of there was agric produce and not money. And before you make excuses for those who preach monetary tithes, remember it's a sin to twist God's word.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Certainly, You Are Ungrateful! / A Thorn In The Flesh / Help Me Answer This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.