Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? (18136 Views)

Why Do You Love God? / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / As A Christian, How Do You Love God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
FrancisTony:

It'll interest you to know that in "Jehovah Witness" heaven on earth, only 144,000people would make it. That's about 0.5% out of 100%.

P.S- Don't mistake Oyedepo's heaven on earth with JW own.

Oyedepo own is already taking place while JW witness own is on the last day.

Confusion grandeur. undecided

And ermm, Standd is a physicists not a lawyer. smiley

cheesy
Whatever...
I believe in a heaven on earth (the one stated in book of revelation) the new Jerusalem etc

So oyedepo have his own heavenly earth theory,Where have I been?

And you sef...why are you always playing the antagonist undecided
Emm I called her lawyer cus of the way she was interrogating me.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
missterious:

Which is why I stay at home to serve God.

grin
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
missterious:

You're right. But what I don't get is people treating me like an unbeliever because I don't go to church. These are people who have premarital sex & fight & lie all week.

cheesy
I don't know why I'm finding this funny.
Still try go church abeg ,I used to take breaks from church myself with the excuse of I'll pray my rosary but no its good to keep the sunday.
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by zyzxx(m): 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
missterious:

Which is why I stay at home to serve God.
U can't serve God @ ome alone
Coz u don't no all
Iron sharpen iron
Church is still there to help us and strengthen us wen we pass thru some life challenges
There are still heavenly minded people in church

If u close ur eyes for bad people to go...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
Kizmarty:

cheesy
Whatever...
I believe in a heaven on earth (the one stated in book of revelation) the new Jerusalem etc

So oyedepo have his own heavenly earth theory,Where have I been?

And you sef...why are you always playing the antagonist undecided
Emm I called her lawyer cus of the way she was interrogating me.
For your information, there's nothing like heaven on Earth.
That's a pure heresy.
You need more of theology and my battery is low - I'll attend to you later.
The new Jerusalem isn't to be taken literally - she's Mary who bore her son and i'll explain it later.

If there's heaven on earth, why did Elijah ascend into heaven without dying instead of waiting on earth.
JW teach that dead bodies don't appear but Moses and Abraham appeared during transifiguration.

SMH
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
FrancisTony:

For your information, there's nothing like heaven on Earth.
That's a pure heresy.
You need more of theology and my battery is low - I'll attend to you later.
The new Jerusalem isn't to be taken literally - she's Mary who bore her son and i'll explain it later.

If there's heaven on earth, why did Elijah ascend into heaven without dying instead of waiting on earth.
JW teach that dead bodies don't appear but Moses and Abraham appeared during transifiguration.

SMH

Hmmm we need to set a date for this lecture.
Guess there's alot I don't know

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
Kizmarty:

Hmmm we need to set a date for this lecture.
Guess there's alot I don't know
I'm back?
Are you ready? On new Jerusalem
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
FrancisTony:

I'm back?
Are you ready? On new Jerusalem

Okk I'm all eyes
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
AirborneLacer:
Personally, I don't have a prob with religion.

It only boils down to the individuals and the height they've attained in their relgious marathon.

No true religion supports violence, discrimination, tribalism or even racism.

The fanatics that tend to take the laws into their
hands are more or less individuals who have had the doctrines of their religion interpreted wrongly.

Religion if rightly practised, is a great tool that can reshape the world.

This is what I believe.

GBAM!!!!!
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 02, 2015
Kizmarty:

Okk I'm all eyes
I'll create a thread for it later.
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by JoeCutie(m): 8:19am On Mar 02, 2015
standd:

Gbam!! But if you believe absolutely in religion, what happens to those who lived before the advent of the 'white-mans' religion?
They had their own religion. In Africa, it's called the African Traditional Religion (ATR), which a very small number of people in Africa still value, and in fact, practice till date. smiley

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 02, 2015
FrancisTony:

I'll create a thread for it later.

Okk till then
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by esere826: 2:51am On Mar 03, 2015
Standd

this was quite a refreshing piece

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 4:23am On Mar 03, 2015
esere826:
Standd

this was quite a refreshing piece

Thank you smiley
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 03, 2015
dont let the wisdom of this world take away the greatest gift youve found and dont let the zeal to write masterpieces take you off the line thats right

i read through the lines and i didnt connect
the first person that posted on the thread made a point i fear

we cant compare, we musnt judge, yet we must run our race and look onto Jesus. words tell a lot. now youve told me too much.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Weah96: 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2015
standd:

Exactly. You can NOT love your moslem God and hate your Christian neighbour. That is the point. How can you claim to love a God that you never seen but hate people who are with you physically.

What if the God in question requires that you kill people like YHWH told Abraham and Joshua to do in the bible? Abraham was told to murder his son, and Joshua was ordered to decapitate anything that breathed in the whole land of Canaan, especially women and small children.

Once the precedent is there, what's stopping this same God from repeating the experience today using another person? How do we make sure that the person isn't making it up when the bible has records of similar demands?
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
signor11:
dont let the wisdom of this world take away the greatest gift youve found and dont let the zeal to write masterpieces take you off the line thats right

i read through the lines and i didnt connect
the first person that posted on the thread made a point i fear

we cant compare, we musnt judge, yet we must run our race and look onto Jesus. words tell a lot. now youve told me too much.

Point taken.
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
Weah96:

What if the God in question requires that you kill people like YHWH told Abraham and Joshua to do in the bible? Abraham was told to murder his son, and Joshua was ordered to decapitate anything that breathed in the whole land of Canaan, especially women and small children.

Once the precedent is there, what's stopping this same God from repeating the experience today using another person? How do we make sure that the person isn't making it up when the bible has records of similar demands?

I really have a lot to say on this but NL is not the place to say them. I have come to realize that not everyone can transcribe words to understand it's content plus intent of the writer.
Religion issues affects people in very deep places so I will put a lid on my thoughts.
Sorry smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by frank317: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
standd:

I really have a lot to say on this but NL is not the place to say them. I have come to realize that not everyone can transcribe words to understand it's content plus intent of the writer.
Religion issues affects people in very deep places so I will put a lid on my thoughts.
Sorry smiley

U obviously have nothing to say. Or you will also transcribe the words in the way that will suit ur believe. God asked Abraham to kill his own son as a sacrifice for him... What kind of test is that? God even killed his own son as a sacrifice to himself so as to save mankind. He killed the innocent first borns of Egypt just to set the Israelites free. He instructed Joshua to behead sinful others...how then can he turn around and instruct us to Love our neighbours as ourselves? And again ask Christians not to be equally yolked with unbelievers... Christians demonise people and call them their enemies... Is this how to love ur neighbour? The bible call people who don't believe in God fools and this is the best language for the so called loveable Christians.

Who says it is not God that is instructing ISIS to do all this killings... He has done it before, and he can do it again. Remember... He never changes.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Weah96: 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
frank317:

Who says it is not God that is instructing ISIS to do all this killings... He has done it before, and he can do it again. Remember... He never changes.

Exactly my point. On what grounds does anyone use mouth to tell BOKO and ISIS that they are not carrying out the instructions of God?

Btw, ISIS couldn't pull that crap in a world filled with atheists. They would run into recruitment problems.
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
frank317:

U obviously have nothing to say. Or you will also transcribe the words in the way that will suit ur believe. God asked Abraham to kill his own son as a sacrifice for him... What kind of test is that? God even killed his own son as a sacrifice to himself so as to save mankind. He killed the innocent first borns of Egypt just to set the Israelites free. He instructed Joshua to behead sinful others...how then can he turn around and instruct us to Love our neighbours as ourselves? And again ask Christians not to be equally yolked with unbelievers... Christians demonise people and call them their enemies... Is this how to love ur neighbour? The bible call people who don't believe in God fools and this is the best language for the so called loveable Christians.

Ok. Seen. Now, what exactly can I do to help Mr. Frank317?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by peteruuu(m): 11:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
Oh my goodness !

So,my BAN don end just this minute ?

Thanks be to God n the s**** mod that banned me!

Ban me again sef,i don't care any longer mtchewww
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
Seun:
You should be an atheist, not a Christian. That is the final destination, but it requires courage. Do you have courage? wink

Are you an atheist seun?
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Abduletudaye(m): 11:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
This is an outstanding piece..very brilliant.. It really got me thinking..

And i think of BH...always saying Allah sent them to do all those crap they're doing...

It is well...
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by bukatyne(f): 11:38pm On Mar 03, 2015
@standd,

Lovely piece

Religion is indeed touchy however Christians and Muslims do not serve the same God yet We are to love our neighbors as oirselves

You have just encountered the Nigerian god as described by Elnathan grin

We are living religion devoid of life coupled with our hypocrisy tongue horrible combo

Interestingly, these little things are highlighted in the Bible

Study the Bible more

Take care

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by hijodedios: 11:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
This is a wonderful write up,its the best I have read so far here on nairaland,i cant but agree with you totally,,the truth is anyone who claims to love God but hates his/her neighbour nomatter who or what you believe in is not a real Christian,even God himself did question our claim of love for him whom we have never seen but have no love for our fellow human beigns.May God continue to strengthen you,dont let your love for Jesus to die ,i love Him too,soo very much.
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by onobi7: 11:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
I so love your message. Please start a blog and I will follow! Ignorance will not let our people think. Just like parents deceive their children so as to control them people allow religious leaders to prevent them from thinking: mental slavery!
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by hungryboy(m): 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Truth here is, God started this game of deception,
how could u love the world so much that u had to send your only begotten son to die for the world's sins?
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by intergral(m): 11:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Seun:
You should be an atheist, not a Christian. That is the final destination, but it requires courage. Do you have courage? wink
Seun you dey vex ni?......
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by MymothersKeeper(f): 11:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
Who will read that Quran you pasteded up there
Re: How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? by Juliesexy(f): 12:00am On Mar 04, 2015
Forgive my idiocy, but sometimes I do wonder whether God truly created some of us in His own image and likeness. They can't just be loved.

Sometimes it's very easy to hate our 'neighbour' and still love God, or rather, claim to love God. We don't see God, we see people. We don't feel God or His presence very directly (unless one is in the realm of the spirit) but we feel people. These people behave in a certain manner that's only worthy of hate, not love.

How do we control this?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Jesus Taught Kenneth Hagin About Authority / Kemi Olunloyo: We Should Stop Using Religion As Excuse For Character Defamation / Nicholas Chukwuemeka Tagbo Burial Ceremony In Onitsha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.