Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

What Is The Best Sub-field In Political Science? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Best Sub-field In Political Science? (926 Views)

A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life / Project Topics And Materials In Political Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Sub-field In Political Science? by Abidx22(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
I have always been in a quandry of area of specialization that stand out in the discipline of political science, as of now, am yet to be convinced on the best line to follow owing to the fact that political science is not short of varying rich fields of interest viz: Political Economy, Comparative Politics, Interbational Relations, Public Administration, Political Thought/Philosophy etc. My mind is always drifting towards no other area other than comparative politics. But I want like minded political scientist to lay bare,their view on this little matter. Thanxz in anticipation!!!!
Re: What Is The Best Sub-field In Political Science? by sbashir10(m): 11:31am On Mar 25, 2017
if you're considering going into academics, political thought /philosophy is a sure bet of getting lecturing job.
it is quite hard, and as such people don't do it.
in my school ABU, only one lecturer teaches political thought, when he went on sabbatical leave , they had to invite a lecturer from udus to take the course.
Re: What Is The Best Sub-field In Political Science? by Abidx22(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2017
Well, you are right.
But becoming an expert in any sub field of political science requires one to have PhD in that area.
Or what's your thought?
Re: What Is The Best Sub-field In Political Science? by sbashir10(m): 10:07am On Apr 23, 2017
Abidx22:
Well, you are right.
But becoming an expert in any sub field of political science requires one to have PhD in that area.
Or what's your thought?

yeah, most of the entry requirement for lecturing, aside from graduate assistance is PhD.
but i bet you'll have to be employed first, before you think of going for PhD in this part of the world.

(1) (Reply)

Unijos Post Ume Past Questions And Answers / Two Important Management Lessons I Learnt From A 500 Naira Note / The Fog Situation In Unilorin This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.