Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Diary Of A Student (my Cyber Cafe Experience) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Student (my Cyber Cafe Experience) (843 Views)

Cyber Adventure / My Experience As A Student In Mubi(adsu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of A Student (my Cyber Cafe Experience) by dghostwriter: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
When I'm told that people visit the cyber Cafe, I'm usually left in a state of bewilderment for the next two to three seconds after I'm hit the news, cyber cafe bawo? What exactly are you looking for in a cafe? In this modern age when even the babies in the womb are using Google earth to know their location. Is it Facebook abi twitter that you visit the cafe for? All these and more are the thoughts that foolishly gallivant my mind.

I don't have a laptop, in my year two my laptop got stolen by a group of nit wits who were dropped on their heads at birth, I was at night class that day, ( I no know who send me carry laptop go night class) when the bunch of hoodlums invaded the atmosphere with their body odour and extremely blunt cutlass, you could tell from the way they carelessly let it caress their bodies. These guys collected everything, phones, wrist watches and what not. Finally when the king Kong of the group got to me, the one who won't stop bragging about how he would cut someone's head before he left the hall, he looked at me hysterically and burst into a wild laughter
"Laptop for night class? You sef na wa" he said snatching the gadget from the table while I emptied my bladder in fear and shock.
I had gone home smelling that day, and that happens to be the sorry tale of my laptop.

Its been a while since my laptop bid its goodbye, I can't say I didn't feel its absence but like timaya would say "life anagaga" so my life went on without it. Couple of times I had stumbled upon thoughts to buy a new one but shuddered at it basically because I couldn't imagine the possibility of raising eighty thousand naira to buy a new one, where will I start from? My father will not even answer me, neither will my mum sigh. So I succeeded in going through my education without a laptop with assurance that I would get one by final year but along the way I would be in urgent need of a system.

And finally the day came when I had a project that was due for submission in less than four hours. I would like to state clearly that but for my nonchalant attitude towards things that mattered and my disturbing habit of procrastinating things could have been different.

That morning I got up like an animal on heat, truth is I could barely sleep, sleep how? When I had been dreaming about the project....I had failed to submit it almost two million times in my dreams and the last dream put me in a frenzy, I quickly jumped out of my bed my cloths soaked from sweat, I hopped into the bath tub and got ready for the day.

After much running around I found a cafe "thank you Lord" I walked in and requested for time to type out my project, brothers and sisters I should have known this was a trap from the pit of hell right from the onset when the guy bent his gen before turning it on but no, I disregarded this and sat on to do my work. At exactly thirty minutes into my work the bent gen begin giving signals of shutting down as its tempo rose and dimmed, oga cafe quickly turned to me stating that I saved my work which I did faster than the speed of light and just then did the gen fade into oblivion.

I kept my calm after all I had gone more than half way into my work and was left with about only two pages, all he would have to do is turn some fuel into the gen to get of working. After one minute of scrutinizing the gen even when we both knew why it shut down, the scruffy looking oga cafe walked up to me and requested I paid him.

"Pay you? What for?" http://uncircumcisedwriter..com/2015/03/diary-of-student-my-cyber-cafe.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Penastory Poetry: Scarcity – WALTER ZION / Where Is The Greener Pasture? / I Am Zara Sanusi And This Is My Life(2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.