Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,089 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:42 AM

How Can One Stop Drooling When Sleeping - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can One Stop Drooling When Sleeping (1190 Views)

Ten Tips To Stop Snoring When Sleeping / Wearing Boxers Hep Keep Men Sperms Fresh When Sleeping Read More / How Can One Stop Snoring When Asleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Stop Drooling When Sleeping by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
I have this embarrassing issue of drooling while sleeping. Even if I brush before sleeping, I wake up to find myself in saliva. sad it's really embarrassing and I tried sleeping straight with my face up but that position is too uncomfortable and sometimes I wake up to find myself sleeping on my side and drooling with annoying saliva stains on my bedsheet and night wear. Pls hw can one solve this problem? Are there home remedies to cure drooling? Don't want to be pouring saliva on my future hubby, except he doesn't mind, lol
Re: How Can One Stop Drooling When Sleeping by omicron(m): 8:20am On Mar 02, 2015
I perfectly understand you.

It used to happen to me, but not anymore. I guess it stopped following one of my frequent changes of location.

In otherwise healthy adults, commonest cause is allergy, including to dust from foams and bedspread fabric. Othet causes are conditions that increase saliva production, such as pregnancy. Rarely, it could be a pointer to more serious problems affecting the muscles used in swallowing.

There are behavioural changes and pills used to control it. If you are ordinarily allergic (like me), then changing your bedspread, making sure they r free of allergens (eg dust, silk, wool) all the time will help.

Pills used in selected cases are prescription medicines.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop Drooling When Sleeping by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
omicron:
I perfectly understand you.

It used to happen to me, but not anymore. I guessed it stopped following one of my frequent changes of location.

In otherwise healthy adults, commonest cause is allergy, including to dust from foams and bedspread fabric. Othet causes are conditions that increase saliva production, such as pregnancy. Rarely, it could be a pointer to more serious problems affecting the muscles used in swallowing.

There are behavioural changes and pills used to control it. If you are ordinarily allergic (like me), then changing your bedspread, making sure they r free of allergens (eg dust, silk, wool) all the time will help.

Pills used in selected cases are prescription medicines.
Thank you so much, yes I think I'm allergic to dust. This is really helpful, I'm grateful
Re: How Can One Stop Drooling When Sleeping by Hope6289(f): 8:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
Babe try ginger, heard it can help. But try to discipline urself to sleep with ur back down and face up. Then don't eat immediately before sleeping

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop Drooling When Sleeping by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hope6289:
Babe try ginger, heard it can help. But try to discipline urself to sleep with ur back down and face up. Then don't eat immediately before sleeping

That position is not comfortable @all sad , I'm used to sleeping on my side but I'll keep trying. Thanks
Re: How Can One Stop Drooling When Sleeping by Edykul(f): 9:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
I use 2 hv same experience while growing up.But its been ages it stopped on its own.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Stop Drooling When Sleeping by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 03, 2015
Edykul:
I use 2 hv same experience while growing up.But its been ages it stopped on its own.

Stopped on its own? U're lucky o, I can just have the slightest doze off and wake up with saliva. It's really embarrassing

(1) (Reply)

Where To Obtain Whey Protein And Other Supplements Here In Nigeria / Who Knows About Black Stone? / 7 Fruit Peels That Have Amazing Health Benefits!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.