Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Glitches - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Glitches (43638 Views)

[story] Glitches…part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:08am On Apr 12, 2015
Missmossy:
Stella - sharp bad girl grin its getting hot! cheesy more wisdom to you Adegwurulez.
This is gender discrimination o. I didn't see anybody shouting 'Sharp bad guy' when Segun did his.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:09am On Apr 12, 2015
LEGITLAYO:
mad man, wetin you mean nau? See as you dey cast your boy outside... cheesy. Well of course I can relate grin, konji na real bastard, it's even a bastress. Lol
hehe.... Thats how we roll.
Re: Glitches by LEGITLAYO: 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
adegwurulez:

hehe.... Thats how we roll.
feed me more wink
Re: Glitches by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 13, 2015
Nice story and a good plot. I must commend your good work. A talented writer you're, keep up the great work. Oya update
Re: Glitches by ProfGday(m): 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
@ op,I hope u won't stop here like ur coleagues? common finish d damn story joor
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
Bluestarry:
Nice story and a good plot. I must commend your good work. A talented writer you're, keep up the great work. Oya update
Yaaga! Thanks man.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
ProfGday:
@ op,I hope u won't stop here like ur coleagues? common finish d damn story joor
If only you know my daily schedule, you wont sound so unappreciative. The only real time i have to type is at night before i go to bed, And updating goes beyond typing. The mental requirement is even more tasking than the physical one. Anyway, thanks.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:21pm On Apr 13, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 12:13am On Apr 14, 2015
Contiue Sir!
Re: Glitches by ProfGday(m): 2:07am On Apr 14, 2015
adegwurulez:

If only you know my daily schedule, you wont sound so unappreciative. The only real time i have to type is at night before i go to bed, And updating goes beyond typing. The mental requirement is even more tasking than the physical one. Anyway, thanks.
@ op,who d hell is deceiving u dat I didn't appreciates wat u're doing here? I do my brother,its jus dat I'm enjoying d story and I couldn't wait for d next update.
More mb to ur pc jjawe.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:06am On Apr 14, 2015
jezuzboi:
Contiue Sir!
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:06am On Apr 14, 2015
ProfGday:
@ op,who d hell is deceiving u dat I didn't appreciates wat u're doing here? I do my brother,its jus dat I'm enjoying d story and I couldn't wait for d next update.
More mb to ur pc jjawe.
Gracias
Re: Glitches by Savigne(f): 5:52am On Apr 15, 2015
It would be a crime against humanity for me not to acknowledge your writing prowess...
Just when I thought they were all gone,I found you...Adegwurulez thou art good!!!
Keep up with the good work Bro:We dey your back.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
Savigne:
It would be a crime against humanity for me not to acknowledge your writing prowess...
Just when I thought they were all gone,I found you...Adegwurulez thou art good!!!
Keep up with the good work Bro:We dey your back.
It wil be a bigger crime if i don't appreciate your being there.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ehm... i know say i dey Bleep up. Truth is, these past few weeks have been crazy. Thanks y'all for sticking around.
Re: Glitches by macpetrus(m): 9:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ride on...
Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 10:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
Eehhmm, I don hear.
I still dey.
I want observe wetin later finally lastly happen,
Carry on
Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
How badly I wished this was a completed movie or something. I would have watched it playing at x2 because of the suspense filled in. It is just going so great that I wished I were in your head, lol.
Keep 'em coming and take ya time too. We appreciate you posting here a lot.

Btw, too much horror film have cause palava for that Jer bear boy. I hope he doesn't pick out his dad's heart first considering how much he hated the old man.
Re: Glitches by FameG(f): 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
haaaaaaaargh!!adegwuzzzzz! I told u dt Stella must not put on her fone now. I thought u said you wld tell her for me ? anyway lets see how smart odas wld be.

nice one.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
macpetrus:
Ride on...
Sure thing.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
jezuzboi:
Eehhmm, I don hear.
I still dey.
I want observe wetin later finally lastly happen,
Carry on
Am i safe?
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
kizzykeziah:
How badly I wished this was a completed movie or something. I would have watched it playing at x2 because of the suspense filled in. It is just going so great that I wished I were in your head, lol.
Keep 'em coming and take ya time too. We appreciate you posting here a lot.

Btw, too much horror film have cause palava for that Jer bear boy. I hope he doesn't pick out his dad's heart first considering how much he hated the old man.
Maybe you dont know it, but you're a source of inspiration.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
FameG:
haaaaaaaargh!!adegwuzzzzz! I told u dt Stella must not put on her fone now. I thought u said you wld tell her for me ? anyway lets see how smart odas wld be.

nice one.
Don't mind me. I just had to show you who is in charge.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
i give up! My hotspot has been giving me issues since evening. I'll just use WIFI to update 2morow.
Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 10:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
adegwurulez:

Am i safe?
As safe as Stella and her friends
Re: Glitches by Missmossy(f): 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ghen-ghen grin its getting more interesting! Kudos Adegluwurez cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
For one full minute, Stella didn’t take her eyes off Julian.

Who the hell was this saucy b1tch who doesn’t even have the courtesy of saying ‘Hi’ to the lady of the house?
She eyed Aaron suspiciously. Wrong timing Aaron. So of all the times, now was the best time he saw to show off his booty calls? In the midst of this whole Loman saga?

Aaron cleared his throat.

Yeah! You better clear your throat, you have a lot of explaining to do.

‘’Stella, this is Julian.’’ Aaron introduced. ‘’And Julian, meet Stella.’’

‘’His girlfriend.’’ Stella quickly added.

Julian smiled. Her first impression on stella was that she was cocky, now she just had to add insecure to the list. No wonder she was driving Aaron away. When she walked into the room some moments ago, Aaron was so relieved to see her that he hugged her so tight.

‘’Can I get my body back or will I have to call 911?’’ she had asked jokingly but Aaron was too joyed to pay her any heed.

‘’Even if you call 911, you aint getting this body back. Not anytime soon.’’

She managed to drag herself out of Aaron’s grasp and went straight to plug her phone. She had sighted Julian but pretended not to see her. She was probably expecting at least a ‘Hi’ from her. Her anger exceeded normal limits when she went back to the couch and the stranger hadn’t gotten her head off her phone. It was at that point that Aaron had to step in. He did what sounded like a perfect introduction but Stella noticed how he skipped the ‘girlfriend’ part. A very important part.

‘’ Can I see you inside for a second?’’ Aaron quickly pulled her aside.

She hesitated a bit, before following Aaron to the bedroom.

‘’Who is she?’’ she asked immediately they reached the bedroom.

‘’Someone who has experience with Lomans.’’ Aaron replied. ‘’Remember when falcon told us about the curators of Norse norms? Turns out she is one of them.’’

‘’Zhirkov.’’ Stella suddenly said.

‘’Pardon?’’

‘’That’s the name of the a’sshole who has been lying to us, painting himself as a visionary scientist. Falcon is not falcon, he is Zhirkov.’’

Any other time, this new piece of information would have been ‘breaking’, but having learnt of Falcon’s betrayal, Aaron had come to see
everything associated with him as a big lie so it didn’t come as a shock to learn that even his name wasn’t his.

‘’That doesn’t matter Stella.’’ Aaron held her with both hands. ‘’Julian should help with finding a cure to this thing. I want to be assured you’re not going to let emotions make you prevent her from doing that.’’

‘’Emotions? You talk about Emotions? We’ve just been betrayed by someone we trusted and you pick a random girl from the road and expect me to welcome her with wide arms? The only emotions here is distrust, and I believe you can understand that.’’

‘’Stella you’ve just escaped from a den of miscreants, I wouldn’t blame you if your judgments are irrational. All I ask is that you don’t make any final decision in this state.’’ Aaron explained.

‘’Oh so now you’re gonna call me delusional right?’’ Stella accused.

‘’I didn’t call you delusional, I only said you would be pardoned if you are.’’

Stella sighed. She hadn’t expected Aaron to throw a party for her after her miraculous escape, but this? This is no way to treat someone who just pulled a jack bauer.

‘’Whatever!’’ Stella flared and walked out on Aaron. Aaron followed her to the sitting room where she slumped on the couch. The remote control was lying on the couch so she just picked it up and put on the TV.
Segun’s face was on displayed on the TV.

‘’…Anybody with relevant information that can lead to the capture of Mr. Onigbende Segun should call the numbers on the Television screen or report to the nearest police station. A handsome reward awaits such a person.
Announcer; olawole Justice, PRO, Lagos state police command.’’

After the announcement, a news reporter came on.
‘’Meanwhile, the Lagos state Government has called for calm from the populace as the situation is under control. Speaking on behalf of the Governor of the state, the commissioner for information warned the perpetrators of these heinous crimes to desist from it as the full wrath of the law will come down on them when they are finally caught. He further reiterated that the security agencies were working round the clock to ensure the safety of lives and properties in the state.’’

‘’Exactly what is the problem of this country?’’ Julian suddenly asked. Stella shot her the ‘are you alright?’ look. ‘’Someone has the ability to turn into a monster and you aren’t concerned ‘how?’, you just leave everything to the hands of security agents, where the hell are our scientists?’’

‘’They don’t have to announce if scientists are already involved, they might be some off-the-scene real work going on we don’t know about.’’ Aaron countered.

‘’No there isn’t.’’ Julian responded. ‘’if there was, they would have learnt that the virus can be contracted through contact with body fluid of infected victims.’’

‘’you mean this thing is communicable?’’ Stella asked in shock. Julian nodded in the affirmative.

Aaron’s mouth was open, he was already sweating. ‘’Then we are in deeper sh1t than we realize.’’

‘’why are we being held against our own will?’’ Tobi asked no one in particular.

He had already placed a call to segun to inform him of their predicament and segun promised to get them out of there. How he intended to do it was what Tobi didn’t know but in that state, doubts wasn’t something he could afford.
The stout looking security chief walked out with a file in his hand.

‘’Mr. Tobi olarewaju. Works for Arik Nigeria as a professional Pilot. Has about 7years of flying experience. Single, likes clubbing, reading novels and playing squash.’’ The chief read out from the file on his hand.

‘’Is that supposed to impress me?’’ Tobi asked, looking not too impressed. ‘’I think I’ve seen better.

‘’How is buzzers club?’’ The chief asked. ‘’I’d like to see what the new management have done with the place. Is DJ dopebeat still the number one DJ there?’’

Tobi was having issues figuring out how an old man saddled with the responsibility of securing some psychos who enjoy the forest life more than the civilized world would know about DJ dopebeats of Buzzers club.

‘’You know, there was a time when dopebeats was just another wannabe DJ, always boring the clubbers with his old school mix. Buzzers started losing patronage but the management still kept faith with Dopebeats and gave him all the support he needed. Good thing they did, sooner than later, dopebeats got his groove on and the result is what you’re currently seeing in buzzers club.’’

‘’Waoh.. nice story.’’ Tobi complemented. ‘’where were you when Wole Soyinka won the Nobel literary prize?’’

The chief smiled,
‘’I didn’t complete my story.’’ He said. ‘’with the influx of customers came the bad boys. Stuffs like coke deals, homosexuality, criminal-client meetings, and others became rampart in the club. When I saw your profile, I thought ‘waoh, what a clean record’. Well, that was before I saw that you frequent buzzers club. Tell me, is that where you met Greg?’’

The glass door to the large reception hall of the security department turned open and segun walked in gallantly. Immediately he saw the chief, he recognized him.

‘’James Deo,’’ segun called. ‘’Is this how low you’ve stooped? Questioning a respectable citizen without a lawyer.’’
Immediately the chief saw segun, he saw his worst nightmare.

‘’What are you doing here.’’ The chief asked with shaky voice.

‘’I came to pick up my friends.’’

‘’I’m afraid you have wasted your petrol. Your friends will be handed over to the police.’’

Segun moved few steps towards the Chief so that he was now very close to him and everything he said was heard only by the chief.

‘’How would you like your bosses hearing the story of little Jennifer.’’
James Deo used to be a very senior police officer but had let a moment of temporal insanity cost him his job. He was caught pants down one sunny afternoon in his office, raping 12year old Jennifer, the daughter of a food vendor in the police station. Being a senior officer, the case was swept under the rug but he was sacked.

‘’Sergent!’’ the chief called out and one of the uniform men that arrested Greg earlier ran to him.

‘’Release the new suspect and let him meet his friends.’’

‘’But sir…’’ the young officer protested.

‘’Do it.’’ He shouted.

The officer quickly obeyed him and released Greg who was handed over to segun. The four men left the department with the chief wishing he could shoot Segun, he had no grounds to do that so he just walked back to his office dejectedly.
When he got back to his office, a broadcast message was already waiting for him on his computer. He opened it, it was a wanted person broadcast. He viewed the picture and saw segun. He quickly picked up his phone and dialed his dispatch unit.

‘’Stop those four men.’’ He shouted into his telephone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
Missmossy:
Ghen-ghen grin its getting more interesting! Kudos Adegluwurez cheesy
Thanks ma'am. That name though
Re: Glitches by Missmossy(f): 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
adegwurulez:

Thanks ma'am. That name though
Hahahah grin

Didn't even see it, sorry about that.
Re: Glitches by Essyprity(f): 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
U can delay 4 Africa
Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
adegwurulez:

Maybe you dont know it, but you're a source of inspiration.

Glad to be a source of inspiration, yay! cheesy

So the loman virus is now ebola? Please, don't turn any of them into a loman now o embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Paulo Coelho's And A Boy Selling Pirated Copies Of His Book In Traffic / The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / The Taboo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.