Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Glitches - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Glitches (43641 Views)

[story] Glitches…part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:17pm On May 15, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Yipee, you made front page @ adegwurulez. You had it coming anyway smiley

And the updates have been great also especially the whole grimoire part. Well done, sir.
My first lady, you disappeared shey? lord knows i searched the whole nl for you. You know i want to see your comment after every update.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:18pm On May 15, 2015
kitnah:
Been long I visited this thread, congratz Ade, it was well-deserved.
Let me quickly catch up
another runaway soldier. Welcome back.
Re: Glitches by write2obi(m): 10:23pm On May 15, 2015
adegwurulez:

another runaway soldier. Welcome back.

Nice one sire, but i have questions

1. What happened to Greg: he no longer transform at nite?

2. Where is the other white guy that use to work with the Russian in the cave?
Re: Glitches by gucciangel(m): 8:16am On May 16, 2015
Adegwurulez u ar d man, more grease to ur elbow! Before we have problems beta com n update oo
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 10:28am On May 16, 2015
write2obi:

Nice one sire, but i have questions

1. What happened to Greg: he no longer transform at nite?

2. Where is the other white guy that use to work with the Russian in the cave?
1.Night is not what causes transformation par se, it is the darkness that comes with it. remember when i was explaining the mechanism involved in transformation, i made mention of scotopic(dim light) vision. Without the action of the rod cells, the mechanism wouldn't even start in the first place and rod cells do not become active except activated by dimlight or complete darkness. So if you're not predisposed to darkness, you cannot change. Remember the case of jeremy, when he was brought before his parents, he didnt turn even though it was at night until michael put out the light. Greg has always stayed in a well lit room at night.

2.Newton is still very much with the group. maybe he sees himself as 'out of place' so he does less talking. Remember he was the one making a video of stella's work in the lab.

Thanks for the questions, there are always welcomed.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 10:30am On May 16, 2015
gucciangel:
Adegwurulez u ar d man, more grease to ur elbow!
Before we have problems beta com n update oo
Nah, we wont have problems.
Re: Glitches by gucciangel(m): 3:30pm On May 16, 2015
angry
adegwurulez:
Nah, we wont have problems.
so where is the updates den?
Re: Glitches by Adinije(f): 5:18pm On May 16, 2015
Ade, much as I enjoyed the last update, I still think Julian should have been in a hurry to return the book, because there are pressing isssues and the last thing that should be on her mind is returning.
Still my thought though. I am still an Oliver Twist.
Re: Glitches by Ann2612(f): 5:42pm On May 16, 2015
adegwurulez:

Welcome ma, i wish you were more specific on the MB part cos if its MTN, change the prayer to GB. Mtn MB runs faster than usain bolt.
let it be done to u according to ur words. More GB to ur data. Meanwhile tnx for d update
Re: Glitches by harjibolar10(m): 6:26pm On May 16, 2015
almadebe:
Beautiful story ade, been on it since monday. Congrats on making frontpage.

Harjibolar10
Wia art thou. Cum and check this awt
Alma darling.. . Here I am ooo

Make I quickly read am ooo
Welcome back Alma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 7:30pm On May 16, 2015
adegwurulez:

My first lady, you disappeared shey? lord knows i searched the whole nl for you. You know i want to see your comment after every update.
I've reappeared now smiley

P.S NL can be searched?? I would need a little more hiding out skills then.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2015
On their way to bobby’s place, Aaron kept dialing Julian’s number but she never picked.

‘’You really like her, don’t you?’’ segun asked.

‘’What are you talking about? She’s a member of our team.’’

‘’You must be having a good laugh in your mind. Look me o, I look like Jew for your eye? No really, look at me with those tiny eyes of yours and tell me you don’t like that girl.’’

‘’that’s the point. With Julian its ‘like’, she’s just pleasing to the eyes and of course to calm junior. But see Stella, she’s been there from day 1, we grew up together. I love that girl man, and I intend proposing when this whole thing is over.’’

‘’That’s a dangerous path you’re threading bro, how do you think Stella would feel when she finds out you have a side chick. She’s already suspecting and it won’t take her long before she connects the dots.''

Aaron checked his phone again.

‘’I intend telling her.’’ he replied. ‘’can you please move faster?’’

‘’you intend what? Look if you haven’t taken any of my advice before, just take this one. You tell her and you ruin that beautiful thing you think you got going. Even if she forgives you in the long run – which is very unlikely, she still wouldn’t trust you. She’ll make it a point of reminder to paint it at your face anytime she sees you with a female friend.’’

Aaron thought about this for a while, it seems to make sense. Stella likes to display authority and power in everything she does, she wouldn’t find it funny if she finds out another female had usurped those powers. Coupled with the reappearance of Greg, he didn’t even know where their relationship stood at the moment. Would Greg still be interested in Stella or has he buried all his feelings? He really needed to hit the club after this storm goes down. Some shots of tequila and a little gyrating would clear his brain and make him think clearly.

He didn’t realize when Segun pulled over in front of the small building where Bobby lived. Little kids where playing in front of the house with their tattered pants and protruding stomachs.
They got to the door and knocked gently but there was no answer. They knocked again but still got the same result.

‘’You sure he’s in?’’ Aaron asked.

‘’He rarely goes out.’’

Segun pushed the door gently and it caved in, they walked in. The palour was empty and as quiet as ever. They looked around and when they found nobody, they headed to the library. As they entered the library, it was empty. Where could he be? And what about Julian?
The duo was about heading out when something caught their attention. There was a red substance on the floor, very close to the reading table. Segun stepped forward and bent down in front of the substance. He touched it with his finger and gently brought it close to his nose.

‘’Blood.’’ He announced.

They rushed out to the backyard where they saw Bobby trying to load the dead body of Julian into the booth of a car having wrapped it with polythene. A shovel was lying on the ground, it was obviously the shovel he would use to dig a grave where he would bury her.

‘’Oh my God! What have you done?’’ Aaron screamed.

Bobby quickly turned to find two pairs of eyes staring at him. He quickly brought out his gun and aimed at them.

‘’what are you doing?’’ Segun asked.

‘’Nobody moves.’’ Bobby screamed. ‘’I swear I’ll blow off your brains if you move a step forward.

‘’Drop the gun Bobby and I’ll let you turn yourself in.’’ Aaron dropped his ultimatum.

‘’And if I don’t?’’

‘’I’ll kill you myself.’’

‘’quite some balls you gat there, considering I’m the one with the gun.’’

Aaron lowered his voice and whispered to Segun. ‘’by the count of three, we’ll both rush him.’’

‘’Are you crazy? He’s got a gun.’’

‘’He’ll kill us anyway, we’ve already blown his cover.’’ Aaron said and started counting.’’3...2…’’

‘’God, I pray you be the unlucky fellow to get a gunshot.’’

‘’1’’ Aaron completed his countdown and they rushed Bobby at the same time. The urgency of their sprint caught Bobby off guard. He quickly aimed his gun at Segun and pulled the trigger.

‘’click…click’’ the gun responded. There was no bullet.

As they reached him, segun threw a hard punch which landed perfectly on his jaw, this threw him to the ground.
Aaron quickly picked up the shovel as he rushed towards bobby who was lying on the ground. He raised the shovel and smashed it on his head. That wasn’t enough for him as he raised the shovel again he hit him again, then he continued smashing the shovel on bobby’s lifeless body like he was pounding yam.

‘’You shouldn’t have killed her.’’ he kept shouting as he continued hitting him. Segun rushed and grabbed Aaron, dragging him away from the lifeless body that laid with its skull crushed and brain pouring out.

‘’How could you take another man’s life?’’ Stella confronted him as they stood in their separate bedroom in Kingsley’s house. ‘’God I still don’t believe you can do that.’’

‘’Stella it was self defence.’’

‘’No it wasn’t, Segun told me everything. The gun was empty when you attacked him. God this is because of Julian right?’’

‘’Stella why are you sympathizing with him? He killed a team member, he was a mole.’’

‘’Jeez this is about Julian, it has always been. Or have you…?’’
Aaron stood expressionless.

‘’Oh my God, you have.’’ She broke down in tears.

‘’Stella I wanted to tell you. I swear I was drunk. I swear it wasn’t under this roof, it was in a club some weeks back.’’

‘’What difference does that make? You cheated on me. You need to stop making excuses and grow up.’’ She said bitterly.

‘’The last time I grew up, I had essential needs to meet, bills to pay. Next time you tell me about growing up, remember to pay my bills.’’
Stella turned back and made to leave but Aaron grabbed her.

‘’I’m sorry’’

‘’Sorry about what? About breaking the trust I had for you? Sorry about making a fool of me? Sorry for toying with my feelings? Go ahead,
take a pick. That’s right you can’t, that’s because you always make the wrong choices.’’

With that she stormed out of the room while Aaron slumped on the bed.

Just then, a call entered his phone. He wanted to ignore it but he thought against it.

‘’Hello’’ he said as he picked the call.

‘’My long lost friend Aaron, how has it been?’’ the caller responded.

‘’Who is this?’’

‘’Please don’t break my heart, don’t tell me you’ve forgotten my voice so soon.’’

‘’Falcon?’’

‘’Atta boy.’’ The caller giggled at the other end. ‘’how is the team? The subject, Newton and the rest.’’

‘’What do you want?’’ Aaron asked.

‘’I want to play chess. You like chess, don’t you?’’ he asked. ‘’of course you do. You have been moving your pawns nicely lately, now is time for me to move mine. Your whole work is on a disc, I want that disc tomorrow afternoon by 12.’’

‘’why would I do that?’’

‘’Check your phone, I think you should be receiving a video as we speak.’’

Aaron checked his phone and truly, he just received a video. He decided to play it.

In the video he was telling Greg how he didn’t mean to kill him and how he was drunk. Greg on the other hand was asking him if it was because of Stella that Aaron killed him. ‘’’Did you try to kill me to inherit my girlfriend?’’
Aaron quickly stopped the video. He checked this phone and saw that Falcon was still on the line.

‘’I’ll give you the disc but we’ll meet in a public place.’’

‘’That’s fair by me. I’ll text you a location.’’

The line went dead.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:10pm On May 16, 2015
gucciangel:
angry so where is the updates den?
right there.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:14pm On May 16, 2015
Ann2612:
let it be done to u according to ur words. More GB to ur data. Meanwhile tnx for d update
you'r welcome
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:14pm On May 16, 2015
Adinije:
Ade, much as I enjoyed the last update, I still think Julian should have been in a hurry to return the book, because there are pressing isssues and the last thing that should be on her mind is returning.
Still my thought though. I am still an Oliver Twist.
I share your thoughts. But like they say, when death comes calling, you'll fire and call it swimming pool. Guess she had it comming.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:18pm On May 16, 2015
kizzykeziah:

I've reappeared now smiley

P.S NL can be searched?? I would need a little more hiding out skills then.
According to chinua Achebe, 'since the birds have learnt to fly without perching, the hunters have also learnt to shoot without missing.'

trust me, i'll adapt
Re: Glitches by Silensa(m): 12:46am On May 17, 2015
So i finally reached here.
No more fast tracking as am here to stay *grabs my pop corn and relaxes*
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 2:06am On May 17, 2015
Silensa:
So i finally reached here.
No more fast tracking as am here to stay *grabs my pop corn and relaxes*
*hands him a bottle of coke* that should wash it down.
Re: Glitches by Silensa(m): 8:05am On May 17, 2015
adegwurulez:
*hands him a bottle of coke* that should wash it down.
thanks boss-ey
Re: Glitches by Ann2612(f): 8:51am On May 17, 2015
getting more interesting. Weldone bro!
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 7:03pm On May 17, 2015
Ann2612:
getting more interesting. Weldone bro!
smiley
Re: Glitches by Pukka36(f): 7:30pm On May 17, 2015
Nice story U've got Ade!cheesy

I just hate Aaron irregardless of His next line of action.
Re: Glitches by Hector90(m): 9:03pm On May 17, 2015
Nyc story u've got there ade, iam thrilld
Re: Glitches by harjibolar10(m): 2:22am On May 18, 2015
After like 7th trying and fail, I'm finally here now... never underestimate the power of mention jhoor bros

Honestly, you gat a nice and scintillating story here, I followed this story some weeks after its inception, With the hope of reading it at my leisure time, but I don't know why(then), I always find it so hard to proceed after the first update, and thank God I didn't then oo, cos if I did mehn.. . I wouldn't be here by now.. . Because the suspense was killing, and me I don't like too much suspense, as I'm allergic to it...

Now here I am, Oga ade, I don't get to know that story of this kind can be captivating ooo, Kudos bros

Make I call my always-want-to-read friend, and I know this will keep her busy for the main time
Franchris! Franchris! ! Franchris!! !
Come here ooo
Re: Glitches by harjibolar10(m): 9:50am On May 18, 2015
Bros, abeg no vex say I wan turn your thread to a campaign ground oooo... I dey on ma kneel bros.. .. *winks*

TODAY THE VOTING OF MISS NAIRALAND ELIMINATION ROUND 1 COMMENCES AND TWO OF OUR LITERATURE-LANDERS ARE PARTICIPATING..THEY ARE ONE OF US, LET US SHOW THEM SUPPORT BY CLICKING THIS LINK
https://www.nairaland.com/2320383/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-elimination
AND TYPE:
I VOTE ADEH39
I VOTE MARIAMFERANMI cc:nljega

Tanx for your coperation
Re: Glitches by gucciangel(m): 2:49am On May 19, 2015
Ade what's the problem na? no more updates . Have been checking all day. Pls come n update
Re: Glitches by encubed(m): 11:37am On May 19, 2015
gucciangel:
Ade what's the problem na? no more updates . Have been checking all day. Pls come n update

Me too o cry
Re: Glitches by Silensa(m): 12:43pm On May 19, 2015
encubed:

Me too o cry

me three. What is really keeping you?
Re: Glitches by Ann2612(f): 4:51pm On May 19, 2015
Silensa:

me three. What is really keeping you?
Me 4 ooo
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:28pm On May 19, 2015
Zhirkov checked his wristwatch again. He hated waiting for anyone, worst still, a nobody. He had made himself absolutely clear to Aaron, 12pm on the dot, fantasy land. But it was already 15minutes past 12 and there was no sign Aaron was showing up. What could he be up to? Could he have gone to report to the authorities? No! Aaron was too self centered to risk opening up his secret to Stella. And even if he did open up to the security agencies, what evidence would he have to provide?

Oh this is ‘falcon’ he is the person responsible for the chaos we’ve been trying to bring order to, don’t be deceived by his rockstar looks,
he’s evil.

With the way Falcon had seen things happen in Nigeria, he was sure Aaron would be the one getting an arrest with that kind of approach. He picked up his phone and dialed Aaron but his line didn’t connect.

‘’You miss me already?’’ he heard a voice behind him and when he turned, it was Aaron.

Aaron had been around even before 12, but he was scouting the area, looking for any traps. He saw Zhirkov when he arrived but he didn’t see any other car with him. He looked around to be sure but all he saw were kids running around and couples having fun.

‘’Don’t flatter yourself, I only want my package.’’

Aaron sat down next to him but faced the opposite direction. He was still unsure of what he was about to do. Handing over the disc to falcon would be tantamount to an army general listing all his weaknesses and giving it to his enemy. He removed the disc and cast it a very long look.

‘’Let me see you delete the video.’’

Zhirkov brought out his phone and deleted the video. ‘’satisfied?’’ he asked. ‘’Now let me have the disc.’’

Aaron dropped the disc on the chair but quickly picked it up as if having second thoughts. ‘’How am I sure you don’t have another copy elsewhere?’’

‘’I guess you just have to trust me.’’

‘’Now that the video has been deleted, what leverage do you have on me, why should I give you the disc?’’

‘’As you must have noticed, I’m trying so hard to be civil. Don’t take that for granted or I swear I’ll crush everything left of your lineage.’’

If that was meant to frighten Aaron, It sure did the trick as every iota of courage Aaron seemed to have had, began to wane. He gently dropped the disc on the chair and Zhirkov picked it up and played it on a laptop device he had on his lap. He was fairly knowledgeable about the Loman syrup so he would easily know if Aaron was trying to trick him. When he was satisfied on the authenticity of the video, he made to leave. ‘’wait!’’ Aaron pleaded and Zhirkov gently sat back.

‘’How did you find out about the disc?’’`

Zhirkov laughed out loud and looked at Aaron with pity. ‘’ I see Paranoia and distrust is still in your team.’’

‘’Well after your betrayer, we can never be too careful.’’ Aaron replied.

Zhirkov chuckled. ‘’The gun we gave your friend for his little adventure had a spying device on it. We heard everything your curator friend said on that day and fortunately she made mention of the disc.’’

‘’And how did you know about bobby, the guy you gave the assignment to kill Julian.’’

‘’Well, as a chessmaster i’m always ahead of my game. Our priority was finding you and your priority was finding a cure. You can’t find a cure without finding a curator and a curator can’t find a cure without finding a grimoire. Knowing that grimoires are always kept with knights and knights weren’t as difficult to find as a curator, we used our technology to track a knight. Our aim was to kill you as soon as we find you but on our first day of monitoring the house of the knight, we saw you and your friends leaving with a grimoire. Things couldn’t have gotten so easy for us so we let you continue your work?’’

‘’What do you mean?’’ Aaron quickly asked.

‘’When you first joined me in the cave, you saw me trying to find a cure too didn’t you?’’

‘’That was all for show.’’ Aaron attacked.

‘’No it wasn’t, we were truly trying to find a cure. Arsger Erling’s prophecy on this disease made it clear there was only one cure so we sought to find that cure. When we find the cure, we would go back to our lab and study the Syrup and how it cures the disease. When we establish this fact, we are going to engineer the virus to be immune to the Syrup, this way, the disease would be incurable.’’
The revelation shocked Aaron. This meant that if that disc reaches their lab, they would be able to study it.

‘’Why go through all these stress, why didn’t just get the grimoire from the knight and study it?’’

‘’Incase you haven’t noticed, only curators can read the grimoire,’’

‘’Why are you doing this?’’

‘’Can’t you see it around you? Look at Iraq, Libya, Syria and see what America is doing all in the name of world power. The world needs a new world power and that is what this virus would help us accomplish. We are looking at making some improvements on the virus. Already our neuroscientists are looking at adding Neurohypnotic reprogramming, and we are also trying to make them turn anytime they like. With Neurohypnotic reprogramming, we can hypnotize them and send them to eliminate specific targets, the US president for example. With this incurable disease in our vaults, the world will bow at the feet of Russia. Russia would be like guards, guarding the world.’’

‘’Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?’’ Aaron said.

‘’And what the hell does that mean?’’

‘’The only thing I know in Latin, It literally translates to ‘who will guard the guards?’ such powers are too great for any country to wield. Who will keep an eye on you to make sure you don’t go overboard?’’

Zhirkov cast a sharp look at his wristwatch. ‘’I have a flight to catch, our mission in Nigeria has wound up. Thanks for your hospitality Aaron, you are always welcomed to join us.’’

‘’You can’t fly, NATO has imposed a no-fly zone on our airspace.’’

‘’Well, we have a diplomatic pass.’’ He replied and stood up. ‘’Goodbye.’’

For the first time in his life, Aaron admitted within him that he had committed great crime against humanity. His only hope was on Kingsley, he just prayed his plans work.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:33pm On May 19, 2015
Pukka36:
Nice story U've got Ade!cheesy

I just hate Aaron irregardless of His next line of action.
You cant hate him. In the jungle, only fittest survive.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:34pm On May 19, 2015
Hector90:
Nyc story u've got there ade, iam thrilld
Glad to trill you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Paulo Coelho's And A Boy Selling Pirated Copies Of His Book In Traffic / The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / The Taboo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.