Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja (20716 Views)

Water Scarcity Hits Calabar / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Litre Goes For 120 / Water Scarcity Hits Jonathan’s Otuoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by blacknp(m): 5:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:
Thank God for GEJ, fuel scarcity used to be daily occurrence with past governments.
Mumugidi i believe you know the story of the Jim Jones tragedy?if you don't google it,that is were you and your likes are headed.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Reference(m): 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
queensmith:

I live in a country that doesn't produce a fraction of the oil Nigeria produces - yet I have never waited more than 10minutes at the plethora of stations available to me neither has the cost deviated to that extent for the past 5 years.

The spade you should be calling GEJ is a nimwit, whether fuel scarcity happens daily or on occasion the recurrence is ridiculous in its entirety. It's a result of having a clueless govenment that feel no sense of responsibility to the citizens they govern.

Stop praising mediocrity and demand your government deliver, this isn't acceptable anywhere outside of Nigeria why are you taking it?

But when the government wanted to remove subsidy you said no. Does the government of the country you live in partially pay for the fuel you use or you even have to pay VAT on the fuel you buy. Be factual because if there is one thing Nigerians are good at it is importing. So if it is scarce then it must be a question of pricing.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by kraftykc(m): 5:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

shocked shocked shocked shocked! Did you really mean to type 300 naira per litre

I priced the fuel and the kind black-marketer said N250 per liter. So that's something... cry
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by kraftykc(m): 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ikegift4real:

sorry to disapiont u. am a graduate n I am a working class citizen.

With this grammar?? Oluwa is your strength, may you get another admission slot to attend Unijos and study English properly. Graduate no be by mouth, say it with your chest.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by blackandbold: 5:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
... ..pdp national chairman muazu just said apc is responsible for the fuel scarcity.i am waiting for some tanoid to say this is apc propaganda again... as they are always notorious for...chai
I will vote for pdp the day they start taking responsibility for there failures......
boko aram...its apc
immigration jon scam...its apc..
depleting external reserve money..its apc
insecurity. ... .its apc
devaluation of naira to 22o to one dollar...its apc..
jonathanians alsways decieving us and finding excuse for their failures.
now state allocation is fallen drastically..anyway..still awaiting salary sha

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Sanchez01: 5:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
kraftykc:

I priced the fuel and the kind black-marketer said N250 per liter. So that's something... cry
This is really serious. Little wonder I spent almost an hour at a fuel station on Saturday. Worst of all, the queue was as long as a BRT lane. Electricity is erractic and barely around, our hopes of using generators are gradually been dealt a mild blow.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by kraftykc(m): 5:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

This is really serious. Little wonder I spent almost an hour at a fuel station on Saturday. Worst of all, the queue was as long as a BRT lane. Electricity is erractic and barely around, our hopes of using generators are gradually been dealt a mild blow.

I just left the area in Abuja CBD, the station had several queues running next to it. I joined what seemed the fastest moving one, only to learn after a wasted 30 mins that that was no queue, it was a line of cars driving past the station that got so choked people began to mistake it 4 a fuel queue.

Naija....you better vote this man out oh. Hmm.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Sanchez01: 5:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
kraftykc:

I just left the area in Abuja CBD, the station had several queues running next to it. I joined what seemed the fastest moving one, only to learn after a wasted 30 mins that that was no queue, it was a line of cars driving past the station that got so choked people began to mistake it 4 a fuel queue.

Naija....you better vote this man out oh. Hmm.
Hahahaha! Please permit me to laugh at the fast moving queue which was eventually no queue at all. Honestly, I'm worried as tow how I'll get fuel in keeping my generator alive for the next one week. No way I'm voting for GEJ. My PVC is well polished, laminated and kept in a havengrin. A man who is not productive but fails to leave for those who are willing to do it for a just cause. My family, home and abroad, born and unborn, nuclear and extended are all ready to vote against him

#NeverAgain.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by blacknp(m): 5:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
blackandbold:
... ..pdp national chairman muazu just said apc is responsible for the fuel scarcity.i am waiting for some tanoid to say this is apc propaganda again... as they are always notorious for...chai
I will vote for pdp the day they start taking responsibility for there failures......
boko aram...its apc
immigration jon scam...its apc..
depleting external reserve money..its apc
insecurity. ... .its apc
devaluation of naira to 22o to one dollar...its apc..
jonathanians alsways decieving us and finding excuse for their failures.
now state allocation is fallen drastically..anyway..still awaiting salary sha
Bros you forget mention apc na them appoint Jega for inec job,so Jega is loyal to apc,Make they just kuku give apc the federal government since na them they cause everything at Federal level,of late pdp has been whining like they are the opposition party,Lai Mohammed talk am apc shadow government in waiting.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Jibola10(m): 5:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:

You bought a loaf of bread at #50 and still expect to pay same 10yrs later, Bros, its seems you missed your econs class.
wats wrong in buying it lower than #50 10yrs later, abi ur econs didn't talk abt inflation nd deflation? Must prices of products always increase in our country, if u re given a chance to rule dis country, u will be worse dan GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Change2015(m): 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
TristanReveur:

#ArgueLikeFFK
The reasons for this fuel scarcity include...Tinubu has mouth odour, Rotimi Amaechi used to wear one shirt before, I used to Bleep the Igbo pride Bianca...she was a moaner. Thank you.

I just had to gawp when I saw that piece of 'information' from ffk. I was telling someone today and she was just bewildered. And to think, the fool collects a salary for his junk. Smdh

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by soulfood(m): 5:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
WHERE THE BEST DJS ARE SHOWCASED AND CLIENTS CHOOSE MOST SUITABLE FOR EVENTS.

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by hahn(m): 6:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:

How can you compare the prices you paid decades ago to present day? Prices of goods or services don't remain constant.

Are you aware that the price per barrel of crude oil is at an all time low. Nigerians SHOULD be paying less for refined fuel products if we refined the products ourselves or just for the simple fact that that the price of crude oil is low. Do you realise that Nigerians pay more than any other oil producing state for petroleum products. Its similar to a tailor not being able to afford clothes at a time when his business is booming

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by kings09(m): 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:

Compared to the past, you would agree the fed govt has almost eliminated the need for endless stay at petrol stations.

It can't be done on in 4yrs what took decades to decay, a lot needs to be done, but we're getting there.
And the CHANGE we need is a radical 1 wch d progressives r proposing.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by queensmith: 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
Reference:

But when the government wanted to remove subsidy you said no. Does the government of the country you live in partially pay for the fuel you use or you even have to pay VAT on the fuel you buy. Be factual because if there is one thing Nigerians are good at it is importing. So if it is scarce then it must be a question of pricing.

Subsidy where? In Nigeria? Subsidy is no longer paid. So subsidy cannot be used as an excuse for oil being scarce in the market.

Theres plenty of taxes on the fuel we purchase here, if anything the taxes are the reason fuel prices are higher than in Nigeria.

I will assume the main reason is the fact that Nigeria does not refine enough oil, the export price will be of no consequence if we didn't need to import fuel. Another reason why devaluation was a bad idea - it now costs more to buy the fuel than you will make trying to sell it. Even in the face of NNPCs dodgy swap deals.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by erico2k2(m): 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
queensmith:

Subsidy where? In Nigeria? Subsidy is no longer paid. So subsidy cannot be used as an excuse for oil being scarce in the market.

Theres plenty of taxes on the fuel we purchase here, if anything the taxes are the reason fuel prices are higher than in Nigeria.

I will assume the main reason is the fact that Nigeria does not refine enough oil, the export price will be of no consequence if we didn't need to import fuel. Another reason why devaluation was a bad idea - it now costs more to buy the fuel than you will make trying to sell it. Even in the face of NNPCs dodgy swap deals.
but wont that force local producers to refine and take advanyage of the situation rather than exporting crude?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by rusher14: 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:

Berem you should call a spade a spade, we've never had it this good. I remember spending hours at petrol stations in the past, we seldom have that now.

Maybe under previous PDP governments but under Buhari and Babangida (in as much as he damaged the system) we never suffered fuel scarcity.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by erico2k2(m): 7:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
rusher14:

Maybe under previous PDP governments but under Buhari and Babangida (in as much as he damaged the system) we never suffered fuel scarcity.
what was the demand for petrol then.howmany of us had Generators then?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by rusher14: 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
erico2k2:

what was the demand for petrol then.howmany of us had Generators then?

So in other words PDP has made it expedient for every Nigerian to own a generator hence the higher demand for fuels.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by erico2k2(m): 7:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
queensmith:

you are having a laugh and a joke at the same time?

UK where? Please go and sit down somewhere. Where have you ever heard of long queues for fuel at ridiculous prices?

in a 2mile radius of where I live there are over 7 stations that I know of from the top of my head (meaning there is probably more that I don't) most are 24hrs and they dont even close on Sundays. Prices of fuel are tightly regulated and we're not faced with having to go to one black market or the other for fuel.

In a country with adequate supply how will any marketer hold the population to ransom? Please gerrout.
this is what I meant by some petrol station run oit of fuel.That was shell near my work place.

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by Yinkagbo(m): 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:

How can you compare the prices you paid decades ago to present day? Prices of goods or services don't remain constant.

Ahahahah ahahahahah grin
The higher the date,the higher the price of fuel....who knows if it would be 350naira by 2019
Olodo oshi
grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by queensmith: 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
erico2k2:

but wont that force local producers to refine and take advanyage of the situation rather than exporting crude?

There's only soo much fuel you can consume locally, besides its probably more worthwhile to export than sell domestically. Good pricing regulation will ensure Nigerians get the best fuel deals and we still maintain adequate income exporting.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by queensmith: 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
erico2k2:

this is what I meant by some petrol station run oit of fuel.That was shell near my work place.

I highly doubt the station ran out of fuel. More like those pumps are out of service its not uncommon for that to happen
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by erico2k2(m): 8:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
queensmith:

I highly doubt the station ran out of fuel. More like those pumps are out of service its not uncommon for that to happen
brove come on man.chk my post on here I dnt do silly.if U look at the pump they are four its only two which jave the tag..they ran oit of super diesel and normal fuel..I took those pics 5 mins bedore I sent them here
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by 100Cents: 8:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mogidi:
Thank God for GEJ, fuel scarcity used to be daily occurrence with past governments.

Seconded.

Even under OBJ, Nigerians had the belief that fuel scarcity was part of our livelihood( a way of life).

They won't say it, the past leaders were champions of corruption, witch hunting political adversaries with anti kworruption bodies and kangaroo courts..
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by sevule(m): 8:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
erico2k2:

brove come on man.chk my post on here I dnt do silly.if U look at the pump they are four its only two which jave the tag..they ran oit of super diesel and normal fuel..I took those pics 5 mins bedore I sent them here

And what exactly are you trying to imply? That the UK also suffers from fuel scarcity? Please if you have run out of incredulous lies to tell think of something better!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by erico2k2(m): 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
sevule:

And what exactly are you trying to imply? That the UK also suffers from fuel scarcity? Please if you have run out of incredulous lies to tell think of something better!!
I hate when people don't keep their emotional minds when making comments, did you bother to read my last two post and did you see the fotos I pitched up there?I never said there was scarcity all I said was sometimes petrol stations run out of fuel here as well, is that too hard to comprehend instead you jumped into calling me liar.Na wa 4 some poeple mentality sha.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja by fareed69(m): 12:13am On Mar 03, 2015
It Seems APC is at it again hmmmm
FFK over to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obanikoro ‘Appointed’ To GAC, Highest Decision-Making Body In Lagos APC / Quit Notice: Arewa Youths/igbo Leaders Peace Parley Deadlock / Sagay: Buhari’s Critics Over Dead Men’s Appointment Are Lilliputians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.