Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant (17540 Views)

Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank / AMCON To Wind Up MRS Holdings Over N81bn Debt / Ajaokuta Steel 110 MW Thermal Power Plant Back To Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by nortcentrallord(m): 4:19am On Mar 04, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
Commission power plant! Commission power plant!! But no light. Even it's more difficult in this Era of power plant commission than non-power plant commission because during OBJ time, we still enjoyed at least 18 hrs a day sometimes while people in ikotun suffer, but these time, na everyone dey suffer ham. The more commission of power plant, the more the light get worst..just like the more churches and mosques are created in Nigeria, the higher the sinners and crimes rate increases

Bross, electricity fixing in Nigeria can't be completed in 8 years in a country like Nigeria. That's the simple fact.
Well, I enjoy 21hours of uninterrupted power supply and I live in this country and it wasn't so before now. Its a gradual thing, it will get to your door step soon.
Mind you am not canvassing for your vote
Vote the candid8 of ur choice.

2 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by ohenhen1: 4:19am On Mar 04, 2015
Good move, this is the way to go.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by egift(m): 4:21am On Mar 04, 2015
Rawani:
LIES from the PDP.The fact is that the first wind power plant in Africa is in Rimi, Katsina State, designed to produce 10MW - 40 times the capacity of mediocrity they are celebrating for the sole aim of deceiving Nigerians prior to elections.

Last minute bogus projects won't save the PDP from the failures of 16 years. The fear of GMB is the beginning of 'arrangee' performance.

Jonathan is truly desperate. Change is unstoppable this 2015. Jonathan will be sent back to Otueke.

5 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by egift(m): 4:23am On Mar 04, 2015
Ebenezerk2:
it might be a mistake, it should be mega watt not kilo watt

It is 25 kilowatt my brother. grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by drwebs: 4:33am On Mar 04, 2015
Rawani:
LIES from the PDP.The fact is that the first wind power plant in Africa is in Rimi, Katsina State, designed to produce 10MW - 40 times the capacity of mediocrity they are celebrating for the sole aim of deceiving Nigerians prior to elections.

Last minute bogus projects won't save the PDP from the failures of 16 years. The fear of GMB is the beginning of 'arrangee' performance.

Did you read this article at all, or ur just full of opposition?
They said Nigeria's First WIND and SOLAR, not just WIND.

GEJ is silently working.
This is not a last minute project. Most of the projects been embarked by the administration are long term projects, not like the ones APC goverment are doing to impress the populace. They are not refurbishing or renovating like most APC governors did. Eg' LAGOS and IMO.

If Nigerian will March forward on this path, I think we will make notable success.
Its not news again as we are been rated one of Africans fatest growing Economy.
Instead of celebrating this achievement, opposition will want people within and outside Nigeria to see otherwise.

Tell me, who is working for or against Nigeria's success?

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by nortcentrallord(m): 4:40am On Mar 04, 2015
GodMode:

25KW can not power a hotel..

I am an electrical engineer also and I know not even a local government will invest in a power project that will provide only 25KW. You should know it was the op's mistake or he decided to present it that way to generate alternative comments.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by nortcentrallord(m): 4:40am On Mar 04, 2015
GodMode:

I am an electrical engineer also and I know not even a local government will invest in a power project that will provide only 25KW except if it is a test model. You should know it was the op's mistake or he decided to present it that way to generate alternative comments.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Nobody: 4:41am On Mar 04, 2015
GodMode:

i was wondering too

that plant will power two domestic bungalows at best

our govt continues to be clueless
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Rawani: 4:43am On Mar 04, 2015
drwebs:

[s]Did you read this article at all, or ur just full of opposition?
They said Nigeria's First WIND and SOLAR, not just WIND.

GEJ is silently working.
This is not a last minute project. Most of the projects been embarked by the administration are long term projects, not like the ones APC goverment are doing to impress the populace. They are not refurbishing or renovating like most APC governors did. Eg' LAGOS and IMO.

If Nigerian will March forward on this path, I think we will make notable success.
Its not news again as we are been rated one of Africans fatest growing Economy.
Instead of celebrating this achievement, opposition will want people within and outside Nigeria to see otherwise.

Tell me, who is working for or against Nigeria's success?[/s]

Both generating a combined capacity of 25KW when a single wind turbine installed at the Katsina facility produces 275KW?

You must be joking. The clear fact here is evidence shows that the plant FG is celebrating is simply NON-EXISTENT and a ploy to hoodwink Nigerians before the polls.

Or is it the desperate PDP that would not have posted shiny pictures of the project all over social media by now? This is not about being in the opposition as I'm not an APC member but an ordinary Nigerian who desires to rescue his country.

4 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by BodyKiss(m): 4:46am On Mar 04, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Seriously, GEJ is working! I like him....he should be given another 4 years & Nigeria will be fixed at least 70%

Let us know when you done dreaming.

We're not interested in president that works during only election period cos of impending loss.

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by kboycrew: 4:46am On Mar 04, 2015
Copy copy. Fashola and APC have been powering primary health care facilities in Lagos for over 2years now. We can now see some reasons for the postponement of the elections. The clueless one wants to quickly do some projects to make us believe he has been working. I pity the die hard supporters of cluelessness who are not seeing beyond the elections. How do they think this fire-brigade approach will liberate our future generations from poverty, illiteracy, insecurity etc.
Again like the sheep in "Animal Farm" they shout "Ble Ble Ble.... Two legs good four legs Bad" The French people read the book and liberated themselves from corrupt kings. A people that cannot stand for the truth in their land but will settle for a bowl of stomach structure and then expect God to take the decision for them. I weep for this generation. what a shame.

2 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by lonelydora: 4:52am On Mar 04, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Seriously, GEJ is working! I like him....he should be given another 4 years & Nigeria will be fixed at least 70%
No. Let's try another man, who will fix Nigeria 99%, to be fair.

2 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by jaydude(f): 4:54am On Mar 04, 2015
ammyluv2002:

Like it's been fixed 50% all des years rite? Few days to election we seeing so many 'commissioning of dis or dat' undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by GodMode: 5:07am On Mar 04, 2015
nortcentrallord:

I am an electrical engineer also and I know not even a local government will invest in a power project that will provide only 25KW except if it is a test model. You should know it was the op's mistake or he decided to present it that way to generate alternative comments.

op's mistake I don't give a fvck...
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by kboycrew: 5:09am On Mar 04, 2015
nortcentrallord:
And yet they hate GEJ and call him "clueless".

I hope APC goons won't go and vandalize just to claim it's not working.

Gradually the power issues in Nigeria will be restored. It can't be done over night.

Never again shall we match backward.

Blame Blame Blame.
Fuel scarcity it is APC
ASUU is on strike it is APC that told them to down tools
Tackle Boko Haram (An international Terrorist group) it is APC
Bad raods in Nigeria It is APC that is not allowing Him to work
Go and collect your PVC... No.. It is APC that is Funding INEC and stealing PVCs
Tackle corruption.. No APC is also Corrupt
Ok Go after the abductors of the Chibok girls ... No .. It is APC that is sabotaging my Govt.
Arm the Biggest Army in Africa The Nigerian Army to fight BoKo ... No ... it is the APC sponsoring CNN to say negative things in Nigeria
ok govern well now... No ... because in 1984 GMB was flogging people for discipline and did not buy a single gun
When will you guys and the clueless one learn to take responsibilities for your actions or inaction.
Still weeping... for PEOPLEs DEMOCRATIC BLAMING Party

5 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Trunaijian: 5:19am On Mar 04, 2015
I really don't wanna sound partisan, but why all this hasty commissionings? FG commissions this, FG commissions that, haba! You guys should take it easy now. You can't achieve more than you can in such little time. I keep saying this , the FG has performed more in the last couple of months than they had in five years. I only wish all this power project is being translated into the homes of Nigerians, then we can all join in the celebration cus as i type this message, i don't have light!

3 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by tsdarkside(m): 5:19am On Mar 04, 2015
25 kilowatt(kw) = 0,025 megawatt(mw) ....i think... angry angry angry

25 kilowatt(kw) is not 25 megawatt(mw)...this is nothing......rubbish...GERMANY GO HOME....YOU ARE USELESS.... angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by tsdarkside(m): 5:31am On Mar 04, 2015
12inches1:
25 KILO WATTS? Do you know how many MEGA WATTS OF ELECTRICITY THAT IS? That is 0.025 Mega watts. Thank God I'm an engineer and cannot be easily fooled. 0.025 MW is not only laughable but ridiculous to be making so much noise about.

you dont even have to be an engineer to know that...THIS IS SIMPLE MATHEMATICS!!!!.... angry angry angry
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by tsdarkside(m): 5:39am On Mar 04, 2015
nortcentrallord:
And yet they hate GEJ and call him "clueless".

I hope APC goons won't go and vandalize just to claim it's not working.

Gradually the power issues in Nigeria will be restored. It can't be done over night.

Never again shall we match backward.

vandalize?

you dont make sense...this is like vandalizen a simple generator....

indeed....jonathan " the clueless one".....chief comedian....otuoke fisherman...ahhh....de com de piss me off already in the early morning... angry

2 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by kunleeko(m): 5:40am On Mar 04, 2015
Pls tell them.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by ammyluv2002(f): 5:44am On Mar 04, 2015
aitiola:

No be only 4years,na forty years.Cos they commissioned a power plant then Jonathan should get another four years.So what happens after the commissioning?,mscheewww,Jonathan yeye dey smell.
Easy! No bite me o grin grin grin
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by ibietela2(m): 5:58am On Mar 04, 2015
unofficial:
How much MW will it actually add to the National grid
Nigerians are so gullible. Even if it gives out 40% of its design output, then 'twill be a miracle...

Try to read and comprehend a passage before you start talking trash
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by darkroses(m): 6:14am On Mar 04, 2015
25kw of power can not power more thaan five streets in gra.
ammyluv2002:
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by hmuhammad(m): 6:15am On Mar 04, 2015
25KW It won't even power a refrigerator. Rubbish!!!

#IHaveDecided

GMB/PYO2015

2 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by hmuhammad(m): 6:17am On Mar 04, 2015
Are you talking about 5 streets? Can it power 4 houses? This is KW and not MW
darkroses:
25kw of power can not power more thaan five streets in gra.

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by hmuhammad(m): 6:21am On Mar 04, 2015
The trash is coming from you, what will 25KW add to the national grid? I think you should know more about power generation
ibietela2:

Try to read and comprehend a passage before you start talking trash

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by ibietela2(m): 6:33am On Mar 04, 2015
hmuhammad:
The trash is coming from you, what will 25KW add to the national grid? I think you should know more about power generation

That is why i said you should read before talking. Show me were they said it will be added to the National grid?
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by olaeffect(m): 6:36am On Mar 04, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
Commission power plant! Commission power plant!! But no light. Even it's more difficult in this Era of power plant commission than non-power plant commission because during OBJ time, we still enjoyed at least 18 hrs a day sometimes while people in ikotun suffer, but these time, na everyone dey suffer ham. The more commission of power plant, the more the light get worst..just like the more churches and mosques are created in Nigeria, the higher the sinners and crimes rate increases

Lobatan.

I rest my case, this fellow has made my comment.

3 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Millionjazz(m): 6:36am On Mar 04, 2015
Just wondering if all these APCists read through the post at all...the purpose of the power plant is for demonstration of a combination of wind and solar and for training of NAPTIN students. GEJ plans everything shld be produced in Nigeria cos he believes Nigerians got talent. This is just a model, a prototype for students undergoing the training to look at and build usable ones. For those that are saying too much workings due to election...if u have a little sense, u will know that all these projects being commissioned now was nt initiated anytime less than 2yrs ago. If d projects are now completed and ready for commissioning, it means those projects have been initiated over 2-3 yrs ago! Its high time we stop being childish and think...am not a TANoid nor a PDP member but I really admire GEJ approaches to issues in NIGERIA. we nigerians always want to see sky scripers at foundation stage. I do not see any match for GEJ in this contest with regards to intelligence. If u are an industralist u will agree with me! I rest my case here...BLIND ppl can choose to spread propagandas manufactured by GEJ's opposition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by ibietela2(m): 6:39am On Mar 04, 2015
hmuhammad:

Let me help you......

The minister, in a statement, yesterday, by the ministry’s deputy director, press, Ibrahim Haruna, said the plant, in addition to generating clean energy, is a demonstration and training facility for students being trained by the NAPTIN
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by ibietela2(m): 6:40am On Mar 04, 2015
Millionjazz:
Just wondering if all these APCists read through the post at all...the purpose of the power plant is for demonstration of a combination of wind and solar and for training of NAPTIN students. GEJ plans everything shld be produced in Nigeria cos he believes Nigerians got talent. This is just a model, a prototype for students undergoing the training to look at and build usable ones. For those that are saying too much workings due to election...if u have a little sense, u will know that all these projects being commissioned now was nt initiated anytime less than 2yrs ago. If d projects are now completed and ready for commissioning, it means those projects have been initiated over 2-3 yrs ago! Its high time we stop being childish and think...am not a TANoid nor a PDP member but I really admire GEJ approaches to issues in NIGERIA. we nigerians always want to see sky scripers at foundation stage. I do not see any match for GEJ in this contest with regards to intelligence. If u are an industralist u will agree with me! I rest my case here...BLIND ppl can choose to spread propagandas manufactured by GEJ's opposition.

Thank you......... All this people complaining of light DON'T even pay light bill

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 04, 2015
Rawani:
LIES from the PDP.

The fact is that the first wind power plant in Africa is in Rimi, Katsina State, consisting of 37 wind turbines with an output of 275KW each, producing a total of 10 Megawatts - 400,000 times the capacity of the laughable 25KW 'plant' they are celebrating for the sole aim of deceiving Nigerians prior to elections.

Then they go ahead to state it is a hybrid power plant with both energy sources generating a combined capacity of 25KW when a single wind turbine installed at the Katsina facility produces 275KW?

The clear fact here is evidence shows that the plant FG is celebrating is simply NON-EXISTENT and a ploy to hoodwink Nigerians before the polls.

Am not much of a fan of wind power.....it needs a strong wind to produce something substantial.

Solar and nuclear eventually are needed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funke Opeke’s Mainone To Be Acquired For $320mn By US Giant Equinix / First Bank Admits EFCC Investigation Over ‘diezani Funds’ / Fire Razes Printing Press At Tejuosho Market, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.