Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:01 AM

FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant (17506 Views)

Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank / AMCON To Wind Up MRS Holdings Over N81bn Debt / Ajaokuta Steel 110 MW Thermal Power Plant Back To Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 04, 2015
Millionjazz:
Just wondering if all these APCists read through the post at all...the purpose of the power plant is for demonstration of a combination of wind and solar and for training of NAPTIN students. GEJ plans everything shld be produced in Nigeria cos he believes Nigerians got talent. This is just a model, a prototype for students undergoing the training to look at and build usable ones. For those that are saying too much workings due to election...if u have a little sense, u will know that all these projects being commissioned now was nt initiated anytime less than 2yrs ago. If d projects are now completed and ready for commissioning, it means those projects have been initiated over 2-3 yrs ago! Its high time we stop being childish and think...am not a TANoid nor a PDP member but I really admire GEJ approaches to issues in NIGERIA. we nigerians always want to see sky scripers at foundation stage. I do not see any match for GEJ in this contest with regards to intelligence. If u are an industralist u will agree with me! I rest my case here...BLIND ppl can choose to spread propagandas manufactured by GEJ's opposition.

I get your point.....I guess we are all annoyed about being led around on the power issue.

Last year....we were told...Power would improve. Last week.....max generation was less than 3000MW.....for a need of 12800MW.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by YabaLeftist: 6:54am On Mar 04, 2015
25 kilowatts ? Smh. Not even enough to power my house. These people are not serious yet.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Rawani: 6:57am On Mar 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Am not much of a fan of wind power.....it needs a strong wind to produce something substantial.

Solar and nuclear eventually are needed.

Most renewable energy sources are used as secondary feeders to the grid due to their relative uncertainties, however I agree nuclear power is key. Our ability to use the technology in a safe and disciplined manner however is an issue due to its high volatility and tendency for abuse.

4 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by loomer: 7:01am On Mar 04, 2015
koikoi2:
GEJ, u are working only in d north o. Pls don't forget d south-south.

You no expect am to build wind power plant for south south na
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Toofan007: 7:10am On Mar 04, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Seriously, GEJ is working! I like him....he should be given another 4 years & Nigeria will be fixed at least 70%
Thanks, but no thanks
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by anwo247: 7:12am On Mar 04, 2015
Rawani:
LIES from the PDP.

The fact is that the first wind power plant in Africa is in Rimi, Katsina State, consisting of 37 wind turbines with an output of 275KW each, producing a total of 10 Megawatts - 400,000 times the capacity of the laughable 25KW 'plant' they are celebrating for the sole aim of deceiving Nigerians prior to elections.

Then they go ahead to state it is a hybrid power plant with both energy sources generating a combined capacity of 25KW when a single wind turbine installed at the Katsina facility produces 275KW?

The clear fact here is evidence shows that the plant FG is celebrating is simply NON-EXISTENT and a ploy to hoodwink Nigerians before the polls.

Last minute bogus projects won't save the PDP from the failures of 16 years. The fear of GMB is the beginning of 'arrangee' performance.

No one fears GMB. He has never been known as a performer.

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Thomsyne(m): 7:14am On Mar 04, 2015
Euckybaby:
Nice one mr president.. GEJ is working hatters are hating and blind to see all he's done
Fine we see, a simple question fr yu and all who want GEj back... If it were to be yur sister or cousin or daughter sef that was kidnapped with the Chibok girls.. Be true to yurself, would yu vote GEJ? Talkless of those that have died in bomb explosions
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by ammyluv2002(f): 7:15am On Mar 04, 2015
Toofan007:
Thanks, but no thanks
Okay o
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by tsdarkside(m): 7:18am On Mar 04, 2015
Rawani:

Most renewable energy sources are used as secondary feeders to the grid due to their relative uncertainties, however I agree nuclear power is key. Our ability to use the technology in a safe and disciplined manner however is an issue due to its high volatility and tendency for abuse.

white-people will never allow a black-nation to have nuclear power...wake up...first we need a strong army like russia or china to have nuclear power or else we will end like gadhaffi....
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by anyaekekehinde(m): 7:21am On Mar 04, 2015
APC... This guys will just criticize everything without knowing why such thing was done

I am an Engineer currently with NAPTIN, this stuff was meant to be a demonstration project to teach energy professionals and power plant engineers.

Jonathan has failed us terribly, in fact corruption in his regime approached astronomical proportions BUT i think (though i stand to be corrected) the criticism he gets is unfair with respect to other presidents

Now look at this:

Jonathan commissioned Olorunsogo NIPP 750 MW Combined cylcle gas power plant without gas corridor and everyone started shouting, which is expected.

while

Obasanjo commissioned Omotosho power plant without switchyard to evacuate the megawatts that will be produced BUT nobody complained...
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:30am On Mar 04, 2015
Rawani:
LIES from the PDP.

The fact is that the first wind power plant in Africa is in Rimi, Katsina State, consisting of 37 wind turbines with an output of 275KW each, producing a total of 10 Megawatts - 400,000 times the capacity of the laughable 25KW 'plant' they are celebrating for the sole aim of deceiving Nigerians prior to elections.

Then they go ahead to state it is a hybrid power plant with both energy sources generating a combined capacity of 25KW when a single wind turbine installed at the Katsina facility produces 275KW?

The clear fact here is evidence shows that the plant FG is celebrating is simply NON-EXISTENT and a ploy to hoodwink Nigerians before the polls.

Last minute bogus projects won't save the PDP from the failures of 16 years. The fear of GMB is the beginning of 'arrangee' performance.

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Toofan007: 7:31am On Mar 04, 2015
Millionjazz:
Just wondering if all these APCists read through the post at all...the purpose of the power plant is for demonstration of a combination of wind and solar and for training of NAPTIN students. GEJ plans everything shld be produced in Nigeria cos he believes Nigerians got talent. This is just a model, a prototype for students undergoing the training to look at and build usable ones. For those that are saying too much workings due to election...if u have a little sense, u will know that all these projects being commissioned now was nt initiated anytime less than 2yrs ago. If d projects are now completed and ready for commissioning, it means those projects have been initiated over 2-3 yrs ago! Its high time we stop being childish and think...am not a TANoid nor a PDP member but I really admire GEJ approaches to issues in NIGERIA. we nigerians always want to see sky scripers at foundation stage. I do not see any match for GEJ in this contest with regards to intelligence. If u are an industralist u will agree with me! I rest my case here...BLIND ppl can choose to spread propagandas manufactured by GEJ's opposition.
think you are a Bleep*ing hypocrite! You are bothered by what by APC apologist says, but you are blind to what PDP supporters say. How can you not see people posting as this is the panacea to all power issues in Nigeria, and yet bash people who express reservations about it, and then claim you are not Tanoid or PDP member? Bruh, just give it a rest. You gave yourself away.

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Toofan007: 7:41am On Mar 04, 2015
anyaekekehinde:
APC... This guys will just criticize everything without knowing why such thing was done

I am an Engineer currently with NAPTIN, this stuff was meant to be a demonstration project to teach energy professionals and power plant engineers.

Jonathan has failed us terribly, in fact corruption in his regime approached astronomical proportions BUT i think (though i stand to be corrected) the criticism he gets is unfair with respect to other presidents

Now look at this:

Jonathan commissioned Olorunsogo NIPP 750 MW Combined cylcle gas power plant without gas corridor and everyone started shouting, which is expected.

while

Obasanjo commissioned Omotosho power plant without switchyard to evacuate the megawatts that will be produced BUT nobody complained...

Come on, duh. So the presidency of Nigeria is really a competition to see who dumber then? If according to you Obasanjo did something dumb, nobody complained, when Jonny did his own, any criticism against him is unfair, after all obasanjo did his own, right? Go to bed.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by taharqa: 7:44am On Mar 04, 2015
Rawani:
LIES from the PDP.

OLODO, who so you think is building this Katsina Wind power plant?? Is it not still the same GEJ-lead Federal Government??

And while the plant is almost finished, it is not quite yet complete. So they are rigjt- this particular plant is the first of such in Nigeria
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Hamazz1: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2015
nigerians n celebration of mediocrity.anyway #NEVER AGAIN SHALL B LED BY A MEDIOCER GOVT#AS 4ME N MY STATE WE HV DECIDED#
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 04, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Seriously, GEJ is working! I like him....he should be given another 4 years & Nigeria will be fixed at least 70%
sweetheart, do you know that the total electricity from that power plant cannot power a hotel? maybe your church but not an hotel.
I some how wish gej can continue so the ignorant and blinded supporting him can really suffer.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by anwo247: 7:51am On Mar 04, 2015
Thomsyne:

Fine we see, a simple question fr yu and all who want GEj back... If it were to be yur sister or cousin or daughter sef that was kidnapped with the Chibok girls.. Be true to yurself, would yu vote GEJ? Talkless of those that have died in bomb explosions

Yes I wld still vote GEJ. He has never encouraged violence. He was not the cause. Yes, he is responsible for our security and has used all he has to battle the bokoharam. Now that new equipment has arrived, you can see he is hitting your brothers and they are running helter scatter. Chibok girls are a hostage situation and the best uou can do is to avoid collateral damage. That's what he is doing.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by gidado14(m): 7:54am On Mar 04, 2015
anonimi:
Jonathan/Sambo moving Nigeria FORWARD since 2010.

Backward NEVER AGAIN.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162230_photochooserd96e13d8f7e34cbbb299524561d1b4b7_jpeg2697502adbcaeae3c8cfe544e7ff2796
no going back

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by philips70(m): 7:55am On Mar 04, 2015
12inches1:
25 KILO WATTS? Do you know how many MEGA WATTS OF ELECTRICITY THAT IS? That is 0.025 Mega watts. Thank God I'm an engineer and cannot be easily fooled. 0.025 MW is not only laughable but ridiculous to be making so much noise about.

I just commissioned a 25KW generator in my house this last weekend. I would have first invited the president for the ground breaking ceremony and then the minister to commission it. Clowns!!!

This man should just go on his knees to beg Nigerians and the opposition to allow him 4 more years instead of these despicable lies and desperation to get it at all cost.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by offor111: 8:03am On Mar 04, 2015
Pls Goodluck Nigeria............. till 2020
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Rawani: 8:03am On Mar 04, 2015
taharqa:

OLODO, who so you think is building this Katsina Wind power plant?? Is it not still the same GEJ-lead Federal Government??

And while the plant is almost finished, it is not quite yet complete. So they are rigjt- this particular plant is the first of such in Nigeria

Do not speak on what you know nothing about. The Katsina project was initiated solely by the Katsina State Government, and funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency.

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by taharqa: 8:10am On Mar 04, 2015
Rawani:

Do not speak on what you know nothing about. The Katsina project was initiated solely by the Katsina State Government, and funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency.

You must be sillly if you you think you can play your little propaganda bullshiit with me. Seem you have forgotten the moniker you are responding to.

From your own article, who gave the contract and built the plant from start to finish?? 'initiated' in deed.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by manutdadex(m): 8:42am On Mar 04, 2015
Rawani:
LIES from the PDP.

well u shud av read d news b4 postin...d project is a learnin tool for students they are trainin ...nt for consumption of d public...Gej puttin us on a path we should av been 40yrs ago!

3 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 04, 2015
Warlord3000:
Na wa o..

Commission everywhere all because of election and 6 weeks elongation..

Don't tell me it's all a coincidence o shocked

Anyway... It's none of my business wink

IT SUPPOSE TO BE EVERYONE BUSINESS!
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by udeh3(m): 8:46am On Mar 04, 2015
12inches1:
25 KILO WATTS? Do you know how many MEGA WATTS OF ELECTRICITY THAT IS? That is 0.025 Mega watts. Thank God I'm an engineer and cannot be easily fooled. 0.025 MW is not only laughable but ridiculous to be making so much noise about.

Evidently, been an engineer should be an added benefit to people on nairaland to better educate them on what is the previous and present state of the power system operation in Nigeria and not the other way round.

The purpose of that project was to facilitate the training and re-training of engineers and also to serve as backup incase of vandalism. Please, let's not read wrong meanings to innovations and structural development of government. By the grace of God, I'm an electrical student specialized in 'Power system'.

As an engineer, we were taught forcasting and Power system planning, this enables the Engineers to plan for power system stability in other to 'deliver a quality service' to the consumer.

So please, before you convert to MW, ensure that you know the purpose it is used for so that people can tap from your knowledge.

Thank you and Godbless Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by anyaekekehinde(m): 8:49am On Mar 04, 2015
Toofan007:
Come on, duh. So the presidency of Nigeria is really a competition to see who dumber then? If according to you Obasanjo did something dumb, nobody complained, when Jonny did his own, any criticism against him is unfair, after all obasanjo did his own, right? Go to bed.

guy try to philosophical at times and stop being emotional. You are man!
it was just a puzzle to me

because the degree of "dumbness" of what obasanjo did is more than that of Jonathan BUT Jonathan got heavy criticism while OBJ got none
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Jabioro: 8:51am On Mar 04, 2015
25 megawau or 25 kilowatt? What a misleading info..
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by okokhaerat(m): 8:53am On Mar 04, 2015
foolish ppl, and dem no go allow we citizens use am cos na dem dey import generators
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Heffalump(m): 9:21am On Mar 04, 2015
Rawani:
LIES from the PDP.

For the benefit of innocent minds you are trying to deceive, I will correct the negative impression you're making here:
The Katsina project is centered on wind energy alone. Whereas this particular project in Niger state is a Hybrid power system utilizing the energy from wind and solar to produce electricity. This being the very first the FG has built.
However, it is a very small scale and not intended to add to the national grid. This is a positive step as the research institute may harness the benefits thereof and expand to a larger scale.
I guess by now you're better informed.

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Obeenah(m): 9:50am On Mar 04, 2015
GodMode:

25KW can not power a hotel..

Depending on the size of the hotel and electrical gadgets to be used. My company @SolyntaEnergy have successfully installed for hotels, homes and fuel stations. Pls visit www.solynta.com.ng or call 08035125915. A free assessment will be done first to ascertain the size of system u will need.
Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by Rawani: 9:54am On Mar 04, 2015
taharqa:

You must be sillly if you you think you can play your little propaganda bullshiit with me. Seem you have forgotten the moniker you are responding to.

From your own article, who gave the contract and built the plant from start to finish?? 'initiated' in deed.

Your celebration of mediocrity is not surprising considering you've unveiled yourself as one of the simpletons that seek to fill a void in their beings by ascribing undue significance to their online persona's. You are not known for any intellectual or analytic contributions so i wonder the source of your misdirected arrogance.

The plant was built by Vergnet S.A., a certified wind turbine manufacturer, with supervision by Nigerian company, Otis engineering, and the German firm Terrawatt.

Miss me with any further mentions.

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant by EmmyDe25(m): 10:13am On Mar 04, 2015
Ammunitions that was delayed in 6 years suddenly became available in 6 weeks.
Jobs that wasn't available for the youth suddenly was given to 160 Corp members. Out of millions of jobless youth!
Too many things just getting fixed in 6 weeks (3,000 MGW power, 12 universities, 160 jobs, security, etc).
For 6 years what was going? What was the motivation behind 6 weeks transformation agenda?
This is DECEIT DEFINED!
It's high time we let them know we can't be fooled with white elephant projects at election periods.
Vote right!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Type Of Business Can I Do In Warri / Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis / Send Money To Nigeria From The US At Juicy Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.