Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again (28058 Views)

Enugu State Orphans Involve In Accident - All Alive (photos) / Fuel Tankers Collide And Explode In Zaria, Burn People Alive(photo) / Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by ddefoe: 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
obailala:
Haha.... Thank God for the final emergence of an 'opposition' in Nigerian politics. Now Nigerians are beginning to smell the real benefits of a democracy. The things GEJ and PDP took for granted and couldn't do in 5 years, they are now scrambling to do and complete within this 6 weeks borrowed time. Imagine bokoharam that they couldn't refused to defeat in 5 years, they are now crushing the insurgence in weeks, Halleluia!

Up till early this year, the PDP still didn't appreciate the magnitude of the opposition they had in APC. They continued to downplay the formidability of the opposition thinking they could still do the business-as-usual of deceiving Nigerians and buying votes whenever elections drew close. But upon seeing the way the tide flowed during the campaign rounds, their eye don finally sharpen cheesy

How I wish the PDP would just lose this elections; it would be the true birth of our democracy if an incumbent president can be voted out. If PDP is the opposition, the APC would be on their toes and would have no other option than to perform because PDP would be a very ferocious opposition. The winner at the end shall be the common man, Halleluia!
ordinarily it should be so but the problem is that politics are not based on idealogy in Africa especially Nigeria. The average Nigerian politician will jump ship once he looses primaries or once its no longer favourable to him hence the same people who are PDP members yesterday are the same people in APC shouting Change everywhere! The circle continues. The point is,once PDP looses or vice versa, their members will flood the winning party and leaving the loosing party weakened...its all about their personal interest and not about the Masses.make no mistake about it and it worries me

1 Like

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by Tonylyte(m): 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
Cross river state thriving positively under gej like never before.
Gej till, hehehehe, u knw na **in dbanj's voice**

1 Like

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by harrysterol(m): 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
franugo:
space booked

e don tey wey i wan type that thing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy finally u did it?
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by jigisparter: 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
bokohalal:
Check all the posters above me. All Igbos. PDP will win the Southeast and some Southern minority. Shikena.

Everything is trivialized by you. SMH

1 Like

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by NDPVF(m): 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
[s]
bokohalal:
Check all the posters above me. All Igbos. PDP will win the Southeast and some Southern minority. Shikena.
[/s] Enemies of progress only got suffucated by fresh air.

2 Likes

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by FemiFaniKayode: 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
Jona Jona Jona carry dem go inside . . .

2 Likes

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by millionaireman: 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
BruzMoney:
Rubbish! All this late commissioning ehn... God will see us

Sai Baba Rubbish! All this late commissioning ehn... God will see us

Sai Baba

God does not sleep. He sees all of us.

APC used every falsehood that existed as propaganda against Jonathan govt. Add that to the instigated insurgency that gives advantage to Buhari, because the insurgency makes some gullible Nigerians believe that president Jonah is weak and opt to vote for next notable candidate which is Buhari. All these count to APC's advantage. Thus APC has been in foul political campaign long ago. Deny this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by Reference(m): 3:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
Double edged sword Ikengawo. Abeg tell government say Cross-river state no get road oh. The small one lane out of Calabar no even get shoulder. No road, no rail, good port is a recipe for transportation disaster. Calabar may be sleepy but that is better than chaotic. Road also mbok.
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by Reference(m): 3:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
GboyegaD:
I wonder why we are mediocre in Nigeria or was he elected to go sleep at ASO Rock? All these unnecessary praise and accolades our leaders get for doing the job we elected them for is becoming annoying.

You have never commended any government at any level at all in your life. Abeg talk true.

1 Like

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by mmsen: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
Reference:
Double edged sword Ikengawo. Abeg tell government say Cross-river state no get road oh. The small one lane out of Calabar no even get shoulder. No road, no rail, good port is a recipe for transportation disaster. Calabar may be sleepy but that is better than chaotic. Road also mbok.

I can agree with you there - the Calabar - Itu Road needs to be a priority, desperately needs to be widened and made to the same quality as the roads in AKS.

Having said that Calabar is still the best city in Nigeria to live in.
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by Randerl: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
GodMode:
All I see is a picture... nothing indicates that its in Calabar.

Same here too.
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by Lachynos2k2(m): 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
GodMode:
All I see is a picture... nothing indicates that its in Calabar.
u for enter inside d pishure nah and the ask somebody inside whether na calabar u dey...olukwu.

1 Like

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by erico2k2(m): 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
olas24u:

Do you live here, there is continuous Nigerian Naira devaluation , there fuel scarcity and the worsening economic situation including insecurity here ,i live here .
I sugest you read more about divaluation.its benefits and dividends.I you do t devalue hkw do u encourage investores?China did it and are still doing it.Last year the US acxused china of currency manupulation cos of devaluation.

1 Like

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by micrep3030(m): 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
Good work keep doni it
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by GboyegaD(m): 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
Reference:

You have never commended any government at any level at all in your life. Abeg talk true.

I live where we see what the government does what is expected of them and even do more with our tax money. Many an average Nigerian youth keeps hyping mediocrity and it is really sickening.
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by olas24u(f): 4:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
erico2k2:

I sugest you read more about divaluation.its benefits and dividends.I you do t devalue hkw do u encourage investores?China did it and are still doing it.Last year the US acxused china of currency manupulation cos of devaluation.

You are the one that needs to read up and travel more so that you can get both theoretical and practical information on devaluation,china that you have mentioned produces manufactured goods and export it .Nigeria cannot refine its own oil in Nigeria ,there are no refineries to do that due to corruption. what do you export apart from commodities. commodity prices becomes cheaper for buyers and it devalues the lives of the Nigerian people because you consume foreign goods and you buy them in dollars ,the result is inflation .You will see queues at the fuel stations due to an increase in dollar rates . calculate new prices plus logistics the total cost will be more than the fixed prices that was set recently.
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by olas24u(f): 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
erico2k2:

Devaluation of currencies benefits exporting nations that export and not import dependent ,Nigeria importing everything.we will be paying more for the carelessness of some people in government .many countries have planned and are managing their problems differently.
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by shizzle11(m): 4:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
GEJ the best president ever to emerge in Nigeria. Development left, right and center every where. Of course some good-for-nothing people and children of anger and bitterness particularly from the brown roof region are already here lamenting as usual.

This s a very laudable and commendable development that should gladden the heart of any true and patriotic Nigerian. Watch economic activities boom in the city of calabar in the next few months-years. this has been long in waiting. The apapa port in lagos is over-saturated and needs to be decongested. Previous governments from military to civilian have been playing politics and paying only lip service to this issue of national concern, it had to take the ascendency to the presidency of Goodluck Jonathan for this dream and objective to come to fruition.

God bless GEJ, President federal republic of Nigeria 2010-2019

God bless PDP!

#TeamFreshAir!

3 Likes

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by HzRF(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Jonathan is doing his best! Let's all come together to support him.
If not for the fact that jonathan is not media strong

All these APC goons here won't have anything to say

1 Like

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by mustymatic(m): 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
saintikechi:
The Goodluck administration is working.

GEJ TILL 2019
All together with boko haram
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by Akpan107(m): 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
bokohalal:
Very funny. How do you know they are all Igbos?

Buhari will be President in a dream!

1 Like

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by tammie24: 5:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
bokohalal:
E go shock you

1 Like

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by xtremely9ja: 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
Why do people take pleasure in lying. Calabar Port is still as dry as ever. undecided The vessels that comes into Calabar port these days are small vessels conveying petroleum products for the tank farms at EPZ, grains for FlourMill & Dangote and parts for UniCem cement second line. The main port is always dry of activities except the tank farms at EPZ. The business resort at TINAPA that the port is suppose to serve is as dead as ever and the facilities are gradually decaying. Most of the shops in the arcades are under lock and key. The two major retailer left at TINAPA are DaViva and Woodin selling printed textile materials.
The only vessel that comes with other products into the port comes once in two month after been trans-loaded from Tema in Ghana.
Come to Calabar port and TINAPA and you will weep for Nigeria. cry cry
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by Haishophem(m): 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
alaoeri:
When will the first ship berth there?

Ships have berthing there for years...the dredging is needed to allow safe passage of bigger vessels

1 Like

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by Forwetinnah: 5:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
ozoigbondu:
GEJ is working children of anger and hate are hating

Let the fresh air contuine till 2019
Team fresh air

*shifts the fan to my direction*

Chai see* breeeeeze kiss

2 Likes

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by thexzy(m): 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2015
I have terribly landed.......Halleluyah.....praise the Lord
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by Sugardiva(f): 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
GboyegaD:
I wonder why we are mediocre in Nigeria or was he elected to go sleep at ASO Rock? All these unnecessary praise and accolades our leaders get for doing the job we elected them for is becoming annoying.

why is it okay for us to rain all manner of abuses on them for failing to do their job but not okay for us to praise them when they at least attempt to do it? Lets maintain a positive mindset please. ee can motivate people to do better by acknowldging that they have tried abeg.

1 Like

Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by BruzMoney(m): 6:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
millionaireman:

God does not sleep. He sees all of us.

APC used every falsehood that existed as propaganda against Jonathan govt. Add that to the instigated insurgency that gives advantage to Buhari, because the insurgency makes some gullible Nigerians believe that president Jonah is weak and opt to vote for next notable candidate which is Buhari. All these count to APC's advantage. Thus APC has been in foul political campaign long ago. Deny this?

I appreciate those words you said. But bro, let's think of this, I'm sure for you to come up with what you have just said, u must be a learned person, can't you just fathom all these things Jonathan is doing is just to gain some political point?? Are we going to use our own hands to destroy our future, so many atrocities have been cause yet he's deceiving us with good things that never existed. I have never entered a train, I have never traveled on a Good road, I have never enjoyed electricity, exchange rate is skyrocketing, a student that has no well equipped laboratory yet you still want me to vote for a president that promised all that but never fulfilled it. How is that ever going to happen?

#IhaveDecided
#Sai Buhari
#NeverAgainWillADunceGovernMe
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by ukandi1(m): 6:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
This is d only thing he has done in my dear cross river state after how many years..? No worry Jona, u go finish in 2019 for sure but when u return home, we wil deal wit u our own way.
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by GboyegaD(m): 6:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sugardiva:

why is it okay for us to rain all manner of abuses on them for failing to do their job but not okay for us to praise them when they at least attempt to do it? Lets maintain a positive mindset please. ee can motivate people to do better by acknowldging that they have tried abeg.

Praise them for a job done as though they don't get their salaries. I do not need to motivate anyone to do the job that puts food on his table. If you think that is been positive, good for you but for me, if they know they cannot do the work, they have no business contesting for the post.
Re: Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again by keshconnections: 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
bokohalal:
From ur name I guess U are posting from Sambisa!
Well,
#Never#Again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accident At Alalubosa Ibadan Kills 2 People (Graphic Photos) / How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad / Airpeace Ready To Establish Maintenance And Operational base In Anambra(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.