Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Differences Between Android And Window Phones - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Differences Between Android And Window Phones (37638 Views)

Different Between Android Phones And Window Phones. / The Differences Between Android Infinix Hot 2 And Tecno Camon C8 / See Wicked Comparison Between Android And Iphone...lmao! PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2015
miketayo:

They all suck data but not like Android.

Proof
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
martineverest:
Hahaha.....use d handky for what?.just accept d fact dat i phones re better dan android and lumias re smoother.

to wipe your tears. Better in what aspect? Please explain
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
Feraz:
Asphalt 8? As in the Asphalt 8 Asphalt 8? I play the game on my Lumia 928 and it works perfectly well, as in very well oh....I use a high range Lumia phone and I haven't had the chance to complain about it lagging ever since I bought it, same with others that I know. Even the low and mid range phones work well without lagging. I'm just waiting for Windows phone 10 to be out.

OP, like I said earlier, go for what works for you.

It still stutters.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
donbenie:
Joke of the year,Android is the most complicated and comprehensive OS to use,far,far more complicated than Windows OS or IOS,if you are a Tech Geek,you should know that fact is a given,the fact that you see every TOM,DICK and HARRY toting an Android phone doesn't mean it is for illiterates,as a Techie,based on my personal experience of requests i receive from users,i can tell you that most Android users don't know about 90% of its functions..

You are very wrong. Why do you think they call iPhone users iSheeps? They buy the next iteration of the iPhone which they usually under use. Most iPhone users do just basic things on their phone. Call, Social networking, pictures and a few games. Ask them a few things about their phne and they go blank. An average android user would be a nerd to iPhone users cos they are iSheeps and they know nothing.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by donbenie(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
martineverest:
The world awaits windows 10 to dump android..many ppl re actually tired of android poor hardware integration,virus prone and open-source vulnerability.poor samsung,sony and lg sales re as a result of these.windows 10 brouhaha made samsung settled rift with microsoft....@op,just wait for windows 10 or buy a windows phone now nd upgrade to windows 10
May i remind you that Windows OS in its various iterations is actually older than Android OS,yes Android faces challenges,but certainly not from Windows OS,rather from IOS,if you know anything about Smartphone Market share,you should know that Windows OS market share has been plunging,instead of rising,in fact it's so bad that Microsoft has been actively wooing OEMS,without success to start making their phones,remember,in case you don't know,nothing stops Samsung,HTC,Motorola,Sony etc,from making Windows phone,they just don't find it attractive enough..

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by donbenie(m): 7:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
ollah1:

You are very wrong. Why do you think they call iPhone users iSheeps? They buy the next iteration of the iPhone which they usually under use. Most iPhone users do just basic things on their phone. Call, Social networking, pictures and a few games. Ask them a few things about their phne and they go blank. An average android user would be a nerd to iPhone users cos they are iSheeps and they know nothing.
Like i mentioned earlier,most Android users,and most Smartphone users by the way,doesn't matter the OS,based on my personal experience don't know most of the functions of the phones they are totting about,am a phone Nerd,hehehe,the kind of guy in the neighbourhood everyone brings their phones to,when they are CONFUSED,just like you mentioned most people only know how to make calls,games,social networking and not much else,tap on the phone and do a little trick and they start looking at you as if you are superhuman..
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by threadstone(m): 7:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
Feel like jumping into this argument...

The droidboys are here again doing what they do best- Bashing anyone who is not in their os platform.

Its saddening to hear that someones only measure of a phone not lagging is determined by how well i it runs ashphalt 8 (like say na benchmark app).

Do i have to shed out cash to get a high end device just to be lagfree (for the year pending the next heavy updates)

Some people just want something that works..

Like i said in one of my earlier posts on a thread similar to this.. The rate of customization and much tweaking declines as u grow older and get more engaged with work. Yeah initially, u may diss wp on first impression but later on you'll grow to love it because its fluidity and not so powerhungry apps. There is also an app for every feature even though the alternatives are not as robust as the android market.

I sincerely hope im not speaking to the teammtk group sha

With love from
IOS 8.1.2 4.7in
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Feraz(m): 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
threadstone:

The droidboys are here again doing what they do best- Bashing anyone who is not in their os platform.

Its saddening to hear that someones only measure of a phone not lagging is determined by how well i it runs ashphalt 8 (like say na benchmark app).

Do i have to shed out cash to get a high end device just to be lagfree (for the year pending the next heavy updates)

Like i said in one of my earlier posts on a thread similar to this.. The rate of customization and much tweaking grows declines as u grow older and get more engaged with work. Yeah initially, u may diss wp on first impression but later on you'll grow to love it because its fluidity and not so powerhungry apps. There is also an app for every feature even though the alternatives are not as robust as the android market.

With love from
IOS 8.1.2 4.7in

The bolded -

ollah1:

It still stutters.
Na wa oh!!!! Bros, the phone wee I get?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2015
honorbule:

bros i smell lies in your post o......frm my analysis, most litrates sef cant operate a windows phone....cos its just too complicated
Windows phone complicated Hahaha... I laugh, operating windows phone is just the same as operating s40 java phone. Try operating an Android phone in Engineer mode.
95% of Android users only use 10% of what Android Os has up its sleeves.
When we mention Android.... All jump into the low-end and probably mid-range categories. Adnroid got levels of operation, it all boils dwn 2 hw friendly ur pocket is.....
OP.... Stick to Android
windows on pc is cool but funnly enough 90% of users are still using windows 7(best windows os ever)
windows mobile is just a wannabe.........
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hahaha..tears?.windows phone os is d smoothest and most secured os among all oses,followed by ios .windows and ios are closed sources making dem spyware and malware free.android coding is a bit complex suck hardware specs,dats y android oem like samsung keeps increasing its phones specs to compensate for this...as of last month,researchers showed dat 80%[(almost one billion phonesz) re prone to attack.....dis has made windows and ios phones as top fones for businessquote author=ollah1 post=31269412]

to wipe your tears. Better in what aspect? Please explain[/quote]
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Royver(m): 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2015
my windows phone just blew. i have never had a phone 'blow' before.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by kollybay4u: 7:38pm On Mar 03, 2015
Ezibless:

I learnt that it over heat.
How true is it? Coz i was considering it before
Don't mind some people they have never used it before. I have being using wp it quite long time now and it doesn't over heating at all. When you are using the 3G network it got heated but when you are through you can switch back to your 2G. Every phone got heated when using 3G, for me I normally used the 2G for my work except for some exceptional work. WP rock more than android phone.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
Royver:
my windows phone just blew. i have never had a phone 'blow' before.
cheesy
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
Feraz:
The bolded -

Na wa oh!!!! Bros, the phone wee I get?

The issue with Android OS is the oems. Their skins and all. Go check out HTC one series and nexuses and see how fluid they are.

Regarding malware, android is open source so you don't expect such not to happen. If you download adds from reputable sources, you would be fine. The malware issue can be said about desktop OS too.
At the moment, Macintosh despite its closed nature it's more vulnerable than Windows 8.1.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by kollybay4u: 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
ollah1:

It's funny how people make conclusions.
What do you mean off data all night?
What do you mean by Windows doesn't suck up data and Android does?

Windows fans amaze me tho, what the apps you have on your phone? All new generations of phones suck data. Be it Android devices, iOS or BB10. But of course you can't notice that because it's the basic functions u make use of.
You can say that again and again, but Window phone is user's friendly than android phone.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
Point of correction,windows fone os is younger dan android xcept full desktop windows.....d truth remains,most android oem re angry with google treatment towards dem,dis has made samsung and cyanogen mod settle their rift with microsoft(making dem focus on releasing windows 10 fones in future)...ylu could recall dat,last week report shows dat apple scoop 85% of smartfone profits,dis with other factors have made android oems to reduce deir dependence on google and align with microsoft in releasing with windows 10 fones and tablets..with d fall in sales of android tablets and ipads and rise of windows tablets like surface pro( oem re shifting towards microsoft devices).the power of windows 10 unificationalong with xcitement behind it and microsoftproposedly release of full desktop on phone( fones dat allows computer programs to be installed) is causing jittery in android camp
donbenie:
May i remind you that Windows OS in its various iterations is actually older than Android OS,yes Android faces challenges,but certainly not from Windows OS,rather from IOS,if you know anything about Smartphone Market share,you should know that Windows OS market share has been plunging,instead of rising,in fact it's so bad that Microsoft has been actively wooing OEMS,without success to start making their phones,remember,in case you don't know,nothing stops Samsung,HTC,Motorola,Sony etc,from making Windows phone,they just don't find it attractive enough..
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by kollybay4u: 7:45pm On Mar 03, 2015
madridfc:
cheesy
Blow, hope it doesn't catch fire?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
kollybay4u:

Blow, hope it doesn't catch fire?
No be my fone na, ask my oga.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by bleeztouch(m): 7:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
lukmandwise:
Please guys I am planning to switch from android to window. Please I need an advise on why I should stick to android or what I stand to enjoy on window phone. please I really need to be advised.
Get nokia lumia 435, its better than most android phones.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Ezibless: 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
kollybay4u:

Don't mind some people they have never used it before. I have being using wp it quite long time now and it doesn't over heating at all. When you are using the 3G network it got heated but when you are through you can switch back to your 2G. Every phone got heated when using 3G, for me I normally used the 2G for my work except for some exceptional work. WP rock more than android phone.

Thanks alot!

Please, do you have an idea how much Lumia 720 is?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by W3xy1(m): 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
Which network data work best on lumia lyk glo bis on mtk droids
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Lexusgs430: 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
kollybay4u:

Phones are not meant to overheat on 3G. But the epileptic 3G service by our Nigerian network providers is way below all normal expectations !!!
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Feraz(m): 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
Ezibless:

Thanks alot!

Please, do you have an idea how much Lumia 720 is?
Why not get a Lumia 535 that costs about 25,000 the last I checked. You can ask those on this thread their experience using it.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by honorbule(m): 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
Godvilla:
Windows phone complicated Hahaha... I laugh, operating windows phone is just the same as operating s40 java phone. Try operating an Android phone in Engineer mode.
95% of Android users only use 10% of what Android Os has up its sleeves.
When we mention Android.... All jump into the low-end and probably mid-range categories. Adnroid got levels of operation, it all boils dwn 2 hw friendly ur pocket is.....
OP.... Stick to Android
windows on pc is cool but funnly enough 90% of users are still using windows 7(best windows os ever)
windows mobile is just a wannabe.........

i laff at you in 3d HD....have you used 8.1 on WP and PC....if not u dey miss gan o..
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 10:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hahaha,...guess u ve finally confessed,the truth must be told.
ollah1:

The issue with Android OS is the oems. Their skins and all. Go check out HTC one series and nexuses and see how fluid they are.

Regarding malware, android is open source so you don't expect such not to happen. If you download adds from reputable sources, you would be fine. The malware issue can be said about desktop OS too.
At the moment, Macintosh despite its closed nature it's more vulnerable than Windows 8.1.

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
honorbule:

i laff at you in 3d HD....have you used 8.1 on WP and PC....if not u dey miss gan o..
Buahahaha.............
Dats all iv got 2 say
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by honorbule(m): 10:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
Godvilla:
Buahahaha.............
Dats all iv got 2 say

kilode....oya e don do...
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 11:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
martineverest:
Hahaha,...guess u ve finally confessed,the truth must be told.
Brotherly please,which of the OS (wp,rim,ios and android) platforms would u advise an engineering/science student to use to ease course work,course materials,genuine online textbooks and stu..pid assignments? Thank you. Please i wouldn't mind if you could recommend a particular phone to me.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 11:13pm On Mar 03, 2015
kollybay4u:

You can say that again and again, but Window phone is user's friendly than android phone.
please what about for school work,like assignments,genuine textbooks,materials and help with hard assignments. Which OS (WP,IOS,android and RIM) would u advice please? Help urgently needed. I wouldnt mind if u recommend a particular phone for use. Thank you.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 11:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
kollybay4u:

please,what about for school work,like assignments,genuine online textbooks(especially the recommended ones),materials and video classes/practicals? Which of d OS (ios,wp,rim and android)would you advise i stick to? Help urgently needed. Thank you. BTW please,i wouldn't mind if you recommend a particular phone.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 11:26pm On Mar 03, 2015
threadstone:

Like i said in one of my earlier posts on a thread similar to this.. The rate of customization and much tweaking declines as u grow older and get more engaged with work. Yeah initially, u may diss wp on first impression but later on you'll grow to love it because its fluidity and not so powerhungry apps. There is also an app for every feature even though the alternatives are not as robust as the android market.

With love from
IOS 8.1.2 4.7in

please which OS would you advise a student to get for easy book-work? Thank you.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Elxandre(m): 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2015
DjAndroid:

Mind you, windows mobile and windowsphone are not the same OS.

In the picture below, the first is the windows mobile while the 2nd is the windowsphone.
Wtf... Your attached image is crap.

All those features are available on windows phone these days.
Just skip the thread if you aren't sure of your facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' / How To Know If Your Samsung Galaxy Phone Is Genuine Or Fake / Guy Wins Etisalat Dance Challenge, Gets Brand New Car, Phone, Airtime For 1 Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.