Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,990 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! (20300 Views)

Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday / March 28th Election: Identify The Ballot Boxes - Pix / GEJ, Jega, Security Chiefs In Crucial Meeting Ahead Of March 28th Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Bashirka: 7:57am On Mar 03, 2015
kai
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 03, 2015
Hahahaha
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by datguru: 7:57am On Mar 03, 2015
Shiit keeps getting real every day. All hail GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by ojosegun2011(m): 7:59am On Mar 03, 2015
How can that be? On election day? That's blackmail oooo.

1 Like

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by tdayof(m): 8:00am On Mar 03, 2015
shawnfamous:
Im nt sure dis is tru! Police strike!!!! Haba! Government will fire all of them
sued for treason it once happened...
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Takim107(f): 8:00am On Mar 03, 2015
Oh my heaven, good news of the century. ..Police pls you need that strike...I'm tired of your harassment.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by lupey: 8:00am On Mar 03, 2015
They're not informed. Policemen aren't empowered by law to perform strike actions. They xan only form joint consultative committees
Smh angry

1 Like

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by callmenow: 8:01am On Mar 03, 2015
I can authoritatively state that the laws of the federal Republic prohibits the police, army, airforce from strike or even discussion. This results in instant dismissal or even trial for mutiny in some cases. Ignore saboteurs who are trying to embarrass Jonathan and PDP.

1 Like

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 03, 2015
agabusta:
I can see some people are already opening different fronts again to have the elections postponed.

1. Push the INEC boss out, this can spark a series of protests, court cases and other actions that will ultimately culminate into election postponement. Another angle to this is that the new INEC boss may also claim the register has been compromised and that he needs time to tidy it and study what is on ground to be able to conduct free and fair elections.

2. Use a number of court cases to frustrate the elections has it happened in 1993. A number of cases are already challenging the use of card readers and PVC.

3. Rumours of assassination attempt against GMB should not be taken with levity, either it succeeds or or not, they may claim election postponement is needed to calm nerves.

4. Some people are already subtly saying after the successes of the military in the NE, time is needed to have homes rebuilt and IDPs returned to their homes. They are already insinuating that this is the priority after the army successfully totally dislodge the militants and not elections.

5. Though this is now getting rhetorical, but some propagandists are still subtly advocating for election postponement based on PVC collection and unequal collection rate across the geopolitical zones.

6. Police strike. This is the new twist. The last time policemen purportedly went on strike, so much was heard from the police high commands about how illegal and irresponsible it is for policemen to even conceive the idea of strike. But what do we have now, silence! The police headquarters and the president has not deemed it important to let the aggrieved policemen know that their issue will be sorted out and their benefits will be paid (positive reinforcement). They have even also not used a negative reinforcement, by threatening them that going on strike is illegal! What does this imply?? Are they being encouraged on by certain powerful people??

Either the desperate cabal likes it or not, majority of Nigerians want a free and fair elections to hold and the winner allowed to steer the ship of the Nigerian state.
see ur head, fish
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by folabayo1(f): 8:04am On Mar 03, 2015
owobokiri:

You sound very very paranoid. . Who is interested in eliminating one buhari when he is already stuck in one hospital out there counting his days.
oh maybe u shud go eliminate buhari ursef since u are so eager and keen to see him dead
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Beedude(m): 8:05am On Mar 03, 2015
shawnfamous:
Im nt sure dis is tru! Police strike!!!! Haba! Government will fire all of them
Fire all of dem ? Lolz. Dem Jona start wearing dere uniforms and handle there jobs ? Well this is anoda stage drama ,we av to wait and view from afar

2 Likes

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by MooreWays: 8:07am On Mar 03, 2015
This news is far from being credible!
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by cozy7(m): 8:08am On Mar 03, 2015
GEJ is just failing from all crannies. Now policemen?

By d way, y are Thses policemen striking bcoz of money?
What abt all d money they've been collecting at check-points and for bail. They'll always write (boldly in police station) "BAIL IS FREE", yet after collecting all that, they now need benefits......greedy lads!
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by slymichael(m): 8:08am On Mar 03, 2015
We don't need police in our dear country. They should go to hell. Police?mtcheeee

1 Like

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by slimfit1(m): 8:10am On Mar 03, 2015
Why can't the police let us vote a serious government on that day instead. They will keep having the same problem if they keep this guy in government. Give us the chance to choose a serious leader that will take policing the people as something of great importance.

1 Like

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by ceejay80s(m): 8:12am On Mar 03, 2015
Wetin concern police with election, I think say na army dem wan use on that day?
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by crownprince102: 8:13am On Mar 03, 2015
shawnfamous:
guy 4get dat kind tin! U don hear sey police strike b4?
What can't happen in Nigeria. It has happened in Nigeria before but lasted for a day. It can still happen
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 03, 2015
Ha ha. Nigeria is really a messed up country.

There was a country!
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by frank442: 8:21am On Mar 03, 2015
They are not useful. It allowed they have taken enough bribe
That will serve as their pension
We don't need them for election

1 Like

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:21am On Mar 03, 2015
GEJ not as clueless as many people think

2 Likes

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Akinz0126(m): 8:22am On Mar 03, 2015
stinggy:
Another postponement strategy. I dey laff oo cheesy cheesy
Oga you jast spoke my mind.well, am not surprise jast as I earlier said that this presidency election would not hold as rescheduled oga olopa has been bribed by their fellow counterpart in conjuction with my Oga@d top....If not that the, NUT are toothless dogs they should have embarked on another strike because the rate@ which Teachers and other civil servant have been treated under this administration is just unfair to the extend the FG led GEJ stop the payment of pension as a matter of fact circular has been Passed haba Una wan kill teachers ne?those who are due for promotion since 2010 have not been promoted dere is God.sha the teachers way teach una b4 una reach that position una wan starve them to death abi?No wonder the teachers were full of praise for OBJ For his relentless effort he rendered to teachers during his tenure.GEJ more tricks abeg you are more than this ploy now
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by owobokiri(m): 8:24am On Mar 03, 2015
folabayo1:
oh maybe u shud go eliminate buhari ursef since u are so eager and keen to see him dead

You really think that I worry about the fate of a 70 something year old bag of bones?? Come on sweetie, you can do better. .

1 Like

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by AJOT99(m): 8:25am On Mar 03, 2015
It can only happen in Naija
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2015
callmenow:
I can authoritatively state that the laws of the federal Republic prohibits the police, army, airforce from strike or even discussion. This results in instant dismissal or even trial for mutiny in some cases. Ignore saboteurs who are trying
to embarrass Jonathan and PDP.

Shup up when those soliders comitted mutiny your type said they should go scot free.
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:27am On Mar 03, 2015
APC been caught in their own web of using liberty to carry out deceit.

1 Like

Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by illuminati001: 8:30am On Mar 03, 2015
Are you a business man or an artist,Politicians and you want to become big, Powerful and famous in the world, join us to become one of our official member today.you shall be given an ideal chance to visit the illuminati and his representative after registrations is completed by you, no sacrifice or human life needed, Illuminati brotherhood brings along wealth and famous in life, you have a full access to eradicate poverty away from your life now. it only a member who is been initiated into the church of illuminati have the authority to bring any member to the church, so before you contact any body you must be link by who is already a member, Join us today and realize your dreams. we also help out our member in protection of drugs pushing email:greatilluminatiorder01@gmail.com
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 03, 2015
I smell another postponement plot
Re: Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! by agabusta: 8:40am On Mar 03, 2015
Frankmishael:
see ur head, fish

Lol. Why you dey abuse me na, instead to counter my points with superior argument.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari Rides Much More Expensive Car Than GEJ / Buhari’s Delay In Making Appointments Exposing Us To Ridicule-apc Chieftain / FG To Introduce Toll On Some Reconstructed Roads – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.