Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries (2855 Views)

Ex-Niger Delta Agitators Back Buhari, Vow To Expose Pipeline Vandal (Pics) / Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister / PHOTOS OF NIGERIA REFINERIES: The Unbelievable! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by egift(m): 6:54am On Mar 03, 2015
In a number tweets Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress has renewed his promise that if elected, he will fix the Oil sector and that Nigeria will not be depending on imports of Petrol for local Oil needs.

Below are his tweets, read more: https://twitter.com/ThisIsBuhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Princecalm(m): 6:56am On Mar 03, 2015
Well, if he eventually get there, we will be hoping for that.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by madridguy(m): 6:56am On Mar 03, 2015
We believe you the people's choice.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by egift(m): 6:57am On Mar 03, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 03, 2015
GMB is ready to rebuild Nigeria all he needs is our support and vote

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:59am On Mar 03, 2015
Of course we knw he will

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Tallesty1(m): 7:05am On Mar 03, 2015
Well let's see what comes up after 2019 election.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by nzeadachie: 7:11am On Mar 03, 2015
LET HIM COME BACK TO 9JA FIRST, YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP DECEIVING US WITH FACEBOOK, JIHAD BUHARI IS ON SICK BED

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by macpetrus(m): 7:14am On Mar 03, 2015
Mr Fix it...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by gregg2: 7:16am On Mar 03, 2015
[size=18pt]This shows APC are really behind scarcity.

Since the Boko Haram issue they used appears unappealing, they Infilterated our oil distribution chain to cause artificial scarcity so as to provide Buhari leaway for campaig [/size]

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by arsetalks(m): 7:20am On Mar 03, 2015
I don't believe Politicians any more. However, I have an ideology. We have seen what GEJ can do and cannot do, we know GEJ, he can't be better than the GEJ we already know but Buhari the democrat we do not know, he can be worst than GEJ but may well be better.

I am willing and I will give Buhari a chance. Nigeria is like a child with a heart defect. If she is operated upon, she may die but if she is operated upon and the surgery is successful, she will live and without the heart defects that make her so poorly. But if we do nothing for fear of losing during the operation, she will suffer and still die.

This is exactly why I will vote for Buhari. PDP/GEJ have been tried and proved to be a massive failure. APC may be bad but I am voting for Buhari not APC.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by arsetalks(m): 7:22am On Mar 03, 2015
gregg2:
This show APC are really behind scarcity
You should be put in a museum for people to pay to come and watch you - the world's most stupiid human.

Until I saw your post, never ever did I believe a single person can be this stupiid.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by gregg2: 7:29am On Mar 03, 2015
arsetalks:
You should be put in a museum for people to pay to come and watch you - the world's most stupiid human.

Until I saw your post, never ever did I believe a single person can be this stupiid.

GEJ regime remains the best ever in fuel supply in the last 35yrs

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by arsetalks(m): 7:32am On Mar 03, 2015
gregg2:

Fuel supply to who and where? Care to tell us where you got this "fact"?

Ensure your kids or siblings do not read your posts on nairaland, it will embarrass them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by francizy(m): 7:34am On Mar 03, 2015
I don't believe you pa Buhari.

How can you promise to do everything within 8 years? You think all these things you're promising is easy? Let me clear something to you..

Remember as the head of state, you cancelled and abandoned some projects in order to reduce borrowing and stabilize the Naira? Then as a petroleum minister, you had no business with the naira, so you built refineries.

Then how will you combine all these things together:

- paying 5k per month to poor people,
- free education and free meal to primary school pupils,
- you will stabilize the economy/Naira/fuel price,
- you will build refineries,
- you will build roads,
- you will increase power supply,
- you will invest in mining and agriculture,
- etc.

Do you think all these things listed are something you just achieve easily? Most of them require proper planning before execution

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Sylvarresta(m): 7:37am On Mar 03, 2015
As for me and my house it is
Sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Kingspin(m): 7:38am On Mar 03, 2015
Which oil? When we are doing it in agric sector.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by francizy(m): 7:38am On Mar 03, 2015
arsetalks:

Ensure your kids or siblings do not read your posts on nairaland, it will embarrass them.

gregg2:

Everything is possible in Nigeria. APC might be able to do that. Am a GEJ supporter but I think it's a failure on the part GEJ to allow people from other parties dictate the affairs of the country. Its appalling.

Tho I won't blame him for power supply issues, especially in Lagos because it has probably been bought by Lagos landlord and no longer at the care of federal government..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by ramdris(m): 7:40am On Mar 03, 2015
Way to go my Presido!.We know u will do it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by arsetalks(m): 7:44am On Mar 03, 2015
francizy:

Everything is possible in Nigeria. APC might be able to do that. Am a GEJ supporter but I think it's a failure on the part GEJ to allow people from other parties dictate the affairs of the country. Its appalling.

Tho I won't blame him for power supply issues, especially in Lagos because it has probably been bought by Lagos landlord and no longer at the care of federal government..
You are contradicting yourself mate. You claim he failed by allowing other parties to dictate the affairs of our beautiful country then claim Lagos landlord has bought PHCN.

How contradictory!!! Is the said Lagos landlord the one in charge? GEJ has the relevant laws, power and the law enforcement agencies to back him up but he has refused to bring the saboteurs into book. It means he is not fit to rule and it is high time he left.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by greaterlove(m): 7:46am On Mar 03, 2015
who started killing our refineries? It was you Buhari, you did it when you preferred moving our crude to Brazilian refineries in exchange for finished petroleum products. How are we sure those refineries in Brazil were not set up with the missing $2.8B under your watch?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by francizy(m): 8:00am On Mar 03, 2015
arsetalks:
You are contradicting yourself mate. You claim he failed by allowing other parties to dictate the affairs of our beautiful country then claim Lagos landlord has bought PHCN.

How contradictory!!! Is the said Lagos landlord the one in charge? GEJ has the relevant laws, power and the law enforcement agencies to back him up but he has refused to bring the saboteurs into book. It means he is not fit to rule and it is high time he left.

Bro, you say these things and to you, it seems that simple. If you were GEJ and you were faced with so many issues from all corners including that from the boko haram, how will you tackle all?

Also, in a system such as Nigeria, how will you be able to monitor all the activities going on in the country with the porous system we have?

He isn't God so I don't expect him to use supernatural powers to transform Nigeria within 6years as acting President and President.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 03, 2015
madridguy:
We believe you the people's choice.
...POINT OF CORRECTION, SAY UR CHOICE..COS HE CNT B EVERYBODY'S CHOICE. SO NOW HE'S TALKIN ABT REFINERY, HMM..Y IS HE NOT TALKIN ABT BOKOHARAM ANYMORE..? COULD IT B DAT HE CAUSED DIS FUEL SCARCITY SO AS TO DISTRACT GEJ FRM DEALIN WIT HIS BOYZ(BOKOHARAM)..? ONCE, HE TOLD US HE CAN STOP BH IN 1MONTH BECOS HE'S D FOUNDER..DIS TERRORIST CALLED BUHARI, WILL NEVER EVER RULE NIGERIA! D CREATOR OF HEAVEN ND EARTH IS NOT A TERRORIST SO HE WONT ALLOW A TERRORIST TO RULE HIS CREATURES..D WAY GOD GAVE GEJ D LEAD TO DEAL WIT BH, SAME WAY HE WILL GIVE HIM D WISDOM ON HOW TO TACKLE DIS MAN MADE FUEL SCARCITY. GOD BLESS GOODLUCK..
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by madridguy(m): 8:09am On Mar 03, 2015
every TRULY REASONABLE person should know something is FISHY.

Questions for Jonathan and PDP
1. Why was (is) "Boko Haram" busy destroying
states and areas that the opposition party will
win convincingly in the presidential election?

2. If we are to believe that the opposition were
the brains and architects of "Boko Haram",
then why is it that they have never ever
attacked and destroyed any prominent PDP
figure or their properties?

3. If the opposition have the capability of
arming "terrorists" with armour tanks, RPGs,
AA Guns, military uniforms, military trucks,
helicopters and the ability to command
soldiers to vanish from military checkpoints,
wouldn't they have targeted to destroy PDP
strongholds and their assets?

4. Why would the opposition seek to destroy
their own strongholds anyway? To achieve
what?

5. Why was (is) "Boko Haram" targeting to
destroy basically only prominent northern
politicians and their traditional rulers and their
communities?

6. In the light of questions 1 to 5 above, why
has there been a deliberate campaign of lies
and propaganda by the PDP and their religious
wing that collect bribes in billions of naira that
"Boko Haram" is the baby of the opposition?

7. Of all the cars used by "suicide" bombers
retrieved from the scene of their attacks, to
whom were the cars traced after forensic
investigations? Why is it that nothing is ever
heard after such evidences have been collated
at the scenes since 2011?

8. At the last count, over 500 hundred "Boko
Haram" suspects have been in detention since
2009, but why is it that government hasn't
been able to come clean on those sponsoring
the "terrorists", and why is it that, with such a
huge treasure trove, government has not been
able to know and curtail the operational
methods of the "terrorists"?

9. Why did the "terrorists" become stronger
after a scandalous 33 billion dollars (over 4
trillion naira) was expended on the so called
war against them?

10. Why was it that, at a point from 2013, the
Nigerian military was not taking the war to
"Boko Haram" camps in the deserts of the
northeast instead of waiting for "Boko Haram"
to come on the offensive?

11. Since when has repulsion become the best
form of defence instead of attack?

13. Why did "Boko Haram" have the most
freedom to operate and destroy so many
towns and villages during all the period of
State of Emergency that was supposed to have
made them immobile?

14. Was the State of Emergency some fraud
pulled off to empower the "terrorists" and
make the targeted communities sitting ducks
for easy elimination?

15. Who was providing "Boko Haram" with fuel
and other logistics in their camps considering
how they easily move with long convoys of
trucks to operate without challenge?
These are not the only questions.... There are many more. But they've not been able to answer any of these, rather they always want
to heap their scheme on others.These questions and many more could be the reason they are mortally scared of losing political power.

sallama884:
...POINT OF CORRECTION, SAY UR CHOICE..COS HE CNT B EVERYBODY'S CHOICE. SO NOW HE'S TALKIN ABT REFINERY, HMM..Y IS HE NOT TALKIN ABT BOKOHARAM ANYMORE..? COULD IT B DAT HE CAUSED DIS FUEL SCARCITY SO AS TO DISTRACT GEJ FRM DEALIN WIT HIS BOYZ(BOKOHARAM)..? ONCE, HE TOLD US HE CAN STOP BH IN 1MONTH BECOS HE'S D FOUNDER..DIS TERRORIST CALLED BUHARI, WILL NEVER EVER RULE NIGERIA! D CREATOR OF HEAVEN ND EARTH IS NOT A TERRORIST SO HE WONT ALLOW A TERRORIST TO RULE HIS CREATURES..D WAY GOD GAVE GEJ D LEAD TO DEAL WIT BH, SAME WAY HE WILL GIVE HIM D WISDOM ON HOW TO TACKLE DIS MAN MADE FUEL SCARCITY. GOD BLESS GOODLUCK..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by arsetalks(m): 8:17am On Mar 03, 2015
francizy:

Bro, you say these things and to you, it seems that simple. If you were GEJ and you were faced with so many issues from all corners including that from the boko haram, how will you tackle all?

Also, in a system such as Nigeria, how will you be able to monitor all the activities going on in the country with the porous system we have?

He isn't God so I don't expect him to use supernatural powers to transform Nigeria within 6years as acting President and President.
Because there are so many issues is why we have ministers for every sector. All it takes is to assign credible minister to each sector and get them accountable.

And talking of Boko haram, you and I know GEJ allowed the whole thing to balloon because of his cluelessness. Now it has gotten out of hand.

If he had not put in so much effort in playing blame games, boko haram would have been dealt with by now.

Have you ever wondered why the military are suddenly winning the war against Boko haram? Be sincere for once, assume for once if your relative is killed by boko haram and the person who ought to protect your relatives is GEJ who instead of taking action continues to play the blame game.

I have lost my brother, all 4 grand parents, my cousin, my mentor and 9 months ago my fiancee, I sure do know how it feels to lose one's love ones. Put yourself in the shoes of those who have not only lost their love ones but as well as their properties and shelter.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by double0seven(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2015
Nigerians please be wise; vote out this administration, vote in progress. Vote in Buhari and Osinbajo so that we can have a better Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by gregg2: 8:45am On Mar 03, 2015
arsetalks:

When was the last time you experienced fuel scarcity during his Tinubu?
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by arsetalks(m): 8:52am On Mar 03, 2015
gregg2:

When was the last time you experienced fuel scarcity during his Tinubu?
And thats an achievement? Which was the last government who paid trillions as fuel subsidy?

You are so addicted to calling Tinubu's name. Must be some sort of illness. Get a cure and fast.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by tola9ja: 8:55am On Mar 03, 2015
Due to my love for Buhari, GEJ sympathizer told me to go and hug transformer. I did dat for 12 hours nothing happen coz there was no light in my area for the past few days now. Indeed its transformation agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
Well let's see what comes up after 2019 election.
2019? Man you de vex o grin

To those that don't understand Tallesty1's comment, he re-echoed what Nigerians have been saying...No Vacancy In Aso Rock

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 03, 2015
arsetalks:

I have lost my brother, all 4 grand parents, my cousin, my mentor and 9 months ago my fiancee, I sure do know how it feels to lose one's love ones. Put yourself in the shoes of those who have not only lost their love ones but as well as their properties and shelter.
Bro, you mean BH virtually wiped away your relatives and loved ones? Accept my condolence. #NeverAgain Shall any terror group be successful in Nigeria. However, we need to give credit to the President and the army for their successes so far against the group. One of my anger was the issue of terror, but it seems they have woken up. Again, accept my sincere condolence

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by arsetalks(m): 9:16am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:
Bro, you mean BH virtually wiped away your relatives and loved ones? Accept my condolence. #NeverAgain Shall any terror group be successful in Nigeria. However, we need to give credit to the President and the army for their successes so far against the group. One of my anger was the issue of terror, but it seems they have woken up. Again, accept my sincere condolence
No problem. Those happened for different reasons. The doctors at luth killed my fiancee and I haven't recovered. My brother died of illness years ago.

I only said that to buttress my point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo : See What Obama Called Buhari During Their Meeting Today / Igbos Should Stop Abusing Yoruba NOW! / North MUST Apologise To The Southeast-bishop Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.