Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891639 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 12:06pm On May 23, 2015
Nogen:
Akindolz, congratulations dear. Make I do pack my load dey come over before they will change their system. By the way, do they realise how much we put into their system? If our system is so good , personally I won't be coming over. I never liked the UK, most of my Vacations are done in the US.

Secondly, my hospital here had mentioned to me very early in my pregnancy that I should keep down a minimum of 3 million naira for delivery in case of NICU. NICU that hardly saves babies born unless they are in their 7th month. Please! 3 million naira is 15,000 dollars at least. For me, its all about the medicals first before the pali thingy.

They should just bear with us. It's not easy for us too.
A friend delivered her twins at 24 weeks. One survived and today, he's a bubbling boy. This was all possible because she gave birth whilst in the US. If it had happened here, those babies would have gone down the soakaway. As long as the person can afford to pay her bills, they should help us save our babies. We want the best medical care possible which unfortunately, we can't get here in Nigeria, at least for now.

I agree with you jare...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 12:11pm On May 23, 2015
Hey all pls what type of fit to fly will i get if am flying united? secondly those dat v used dem wat should i expect? am goin with my mum n son which seat shld we book? Hope dey give better food? angry grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 23, 2015
modath:

Thanks my sis for the heads up....I have no choice but to hand the matter over to the authority that is higher than us all...

I slso get one mayehun wey go come in handy.... cheesy
na real mayehun, mayehun o ni mu oyinbo o cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 1:18pm On May 23, 2015
nefertitiram:

Chop panadol for someone else's headache, it's people like you that get beaten at the bus stop.
Chai chaiii nerf. I just left for 24hrs and see what u have done. I have cancelled our oil well deal cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 1:32pm On May 23, 2015
Phema:

Add Philadelphia to those two.
Please don't tell me Philadelphia is part of it o,cos that's my POE cry
Pls share your experience and anyone else who has gone through there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 1:32pm On May 23, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

SimiJ is banned, she really crossed the line with such comment.

nefertitiram banned for only few hours because she started the name calling but not close to what SimiJ said.
Ewww shocked thank God she's gone. Same way simiJ cussed me ontop F1 visa cheesy cheesy. My head is strong. Bye simi. Keep reading as a guest.
*strolls away like a saint*

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 23, 2015
bambini:
Hey all pls what type of fit to fly will i get if am flying united? secondly those dat v used dem wat should i expect? am goin with my mum n son which seat shld we book? Hope dey give better food? angry grin
I carry food enter the plane o. I even had agege bread and gala, ordered for tea and smashed it with force.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by baslone: 2:26pm On May 23, 2015
It's about 10 days and still not delivered.

Does anyone know how I can track my baby's birth certificate in Atlanta?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:36pm On May 23, 2015
zeezahbee:
Ewww shocked thank God she's gone. Same way simiJ cussed me ontop F1 visa cheesy cheesy. My head is strong. Bye simi. Keep reading as a guest.
*strolls away like a saint*

grin just a week ban

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 23, 2015
Beryl15:

Please don't tell me Philadelphia is part of it o,cos that's my POE cry
Pls share your experience and anyone else who has gone through there.

It is well. Just soak and cook yourself in His blood. grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oluolubukola: 3:31pm On May 23, 2015
Hmm mm. So I just settled fully in Houston and dia has been no dulling moment since I arrived. I have been to d mall, round the town and av even gone shopping. I don't mean to brag but am getting the best care anyone can get in a strange land.

First I wanna thank Sayoberry for your help. I didn't even get to wait a minute when I got to the airport cos my pick up was already waiting. Aw convenient is that hmm.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 4:09pm On May 23, 2015
slimmy05:
I carry food enter the plane o. I even had agege bread and gala, ordered for tea and smashed it with force.
Lol tnx for d info buh did u carry fit to fly? how is der service n food? on ur connecting flight did u buy food? abeg no mind my food issues need to prepare well grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 23, 2015
bambini:

Lol tnx for d info buh did u carry fit to fly? how is der service n food? on ur connecting flight did u buy food? abeg no mind my food issues need to prepare well grin cheesy
I didn't buy food at all, I was just ordering for more especially tea. Their food is nothing special, very small. ThankGod I made a good choice, you can get food if you want. Cook small rice and stew and chicken out inside your bag. I bought food in O'hare, just burger and chicken wings. I carry my back pack and also a hand luggage

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 5:32pm On May 23, 2015
Phema:

Well, as long as say this first one don fit dey bath and feed himself. grin grin

Why not? You never hear of superbaby?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 5:47pm On May 23, 2015
slimmy05:
I didn't buy food at all, I was just ordering for more especially tea. Their food is nothing special, very small. ThankGod I made a good choice, you can get food if you want. Cook small rice and stew and chicken out inside your bag. I bought food in O'hare, just burger and chicken wings. I carry my back pack and also a hand luggage

Tnx alot pls wat abt fit to fly and seat?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 5:48pm On May 23, 2015
chloe7:
na real mayehun, mayehun o ni mu oyinbo o cheesy cheesy cheesy

See this my sis oo, omode o mo ogun , oun pe lefo!! I'm talking afose to segzy.. wink

The type that will make them see me & begin to smile uncontrollably ,even make dem oga volunteer to wheel out my elubo,ogi, garri ijebu etc... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 23, 2015
modath:

See this my sis oo, omode o mo ogun , oun pe lefo!! I'm talking afose to segzy.. wink

The type that will make them see me and begin to smile [b]uncontrollably[/b]even make their oga volunteer to wheel out my elubo,ogi, garri ijebu etc... cheesy
Lmao no worry just carry the olugbohun waka abi afose they won't have a choice cheesy wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ladyjoie: 9:00pm On May 23, 2015
Hello everyone,
Went for my interview and I was turned back, my bar code was different from the one submitted in d embassy, I was given a letter n asked to reschedule after two days, good news is dat my hubby n two kids got d visa, so it was mixed feelings for me,
I bless God, all things work together for good, has this happened to anyone? Wat can I do to avoid this? I need help o and fast embarassed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 9:12pm On May 23, 2015
chloe7:
Lmao no worry just carry the olugbohun waka abi afose they won't have a choice cheesy wink

Da baddest olugbohun dey psalms,foolproof! smiley ..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 23, 2015
bambini:

Tnx alot pls wat abt fit to fly and seat?
Well, I logged in online and picked a seat for myself. But you can call them and they would do that for you as regards selecting seat. As for the fit to fly? I don't have an idea (just a student)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MamaTrust: 12:32am On May 24, 2015
teeboy95:

@mamatrust.

please can you give me details of the accommodation.
i tried to PM you but no response
I will be travelling in AUG/SEPT and will like to use it
Thanks

I have replied
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 1:20am On May 24, 2015
hi guys, i see this on my nairaland page.................misspink and fruitfull1 have e-mailed you. Please check your e-mail now
how do i open the msg. is it a pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 1:27am On May 24, 2015
demiiii:
hi guys, i see this on my nairaland page.................misspink and fruitfull1 have e-mailed you. Please check your e-mail now
how do i open the msg. is it a pm.
just reply that same email
Example : hi misspink or hi fruitful

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:40am On May 24, 2015
slimmy05:
Well, I logged in online and picked a seat for myself. But you can call them and they would do that for you as regards selecting seat. As for the fit to fly? I don't have an idea (just a student)
I thought you were preggy shocked cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 9:26am On May 24, 2015
hello people, finally in Maryland.

I didnt get the compression socks buh I was still ok tru d flight. though my feets where already swollen b4 I left naija buh not dat bad.

got to d abj airport on frid at 7.30pm since my flight was with United for 10.30.

wen I got to d luftansa stand d guy asked for my fit to fly n I gv it to him wondering y as I thot United didn't even specify bout dat on dier sight. he sends me to d health section. got der and met d nurses arguing.
dey kept me der for like 30mins b4 one askes me to go into d inner room. she tks my bp n says hmm ur bp is very high o. Its 170/ smtn and I am like I dnt hv bp.
she checked again n said its 150 now o.
I said I dnt hv bp o.
she askes me how far am gone I said 30wks or so ( dou am 36wks buh my doc put 30 dnt knw y) n my belle is hugh. d nurse said by her own calculation I am 31+. I roll my eyes na so.
Anywayz she writes 30+ smiling at me dat she doesn't want to press abi sha do smtn to my tommy to confirm. askes me to pay which I did n gv a cert.

went bk n got my boarding pass.

flight to frankfurt was kk. my toddler slept all tru.
food was kk.buh my sit was far from d rest room which was bad.
got my wheelchair at frankfurt thank God if not I for suffer.d waka long.
my daughter now awake refused to sit on my lap n wen I tried putting her by force see shout. in d end we had to move slowly because she preferred to stroll by my side. was wheeled to my gate where d wait was for 6hrs.
6hrs of torture cus my daughter kept running around with me after her. last last I grabbed her and held her on my laps by force till she cried n wailed n slept.

left for dulles airport, long tiring flight.
poe guy: y r u here?
me: child birth and vacation
say dat again
I repeat same tin
is dis ur first time here?
I said yes ( got d b1/b2 since 2013 buh didnt use it. sent d intent letter sha as advised) didnt tell him all dis o.
hw much hv u got?
7200 wit my cards.
he tks my prints n pics n says I will meet d oda guys who will also check.
I said ok
I saw he wrote 11/12/2015 on my daugh pp buh couldn't find any in my own. I sha proceeded to get my kaya.
daug started her drama of running again. spent like 15mins der waiting for d peeps running after her to bring her to me . Was exhausted.

was wishing I had left her bk with her dad who offered to bring her nxt mnth with him wen he will be coming I refused feeling like moda of d yr.
anywayz as dey brought her to me I pinched her small n dumped her on d cart.

off we went to d nxt check point and d guy just asked if I had been to any oda Africa country.i said no. he asked wat food I had. I said just a few stuff. he sends me to anoda room.

I saw a lot of people seated der.said a silent prayer. went to d counter. dey collected d pps n asked me to go tk a sit.
sat for almost an hr plus den I was called.
d guy goes r u here for labour?
I said no child birth
he laughs n says dats wat he meant.
I laugh too n said I thot he meant work.
do u hv a doctor appointment?
I said yes.
let me see dat.
I bring out everything bout d dr n hosp n give him.
wat do u do bk at home?
I work wit a bank.
wats d name n do dey hv a branch here?
I say fcmb n I think dey hv in new york.
he says can I call ur doctor?
am like sure pls go ahead

he askes me to go sit down again.

calls me bk after calling I guess.
wat does ur husb do?
an engr.
did u both school in d uk?
I said no. like he couldn't get dat from his computer
hw much hv u got?
7200 wit my cards.
where will u be staying?
wit my brother till my husband comes nxt mnth den we'll get an apartment.
hw long do u want to stay for? 4mnths?
I said no 12wks,hv to get bk to work.
can I see ur work id?
show it to him
let's go in so I can count ur money
we go to a room. he counts it
den anoda officer comes in and says we will let u in buh u must not use any medical aids n keep all ur receipts for ur nxt trip.

I said ok. was stamped in for 6mnths.
I just thank God
was happy my box wasnt checked again I for carry yam o.

sorry for d long post. well rested so I had energy to type plenty.

wish all dose yet to come in a successful poe and safe delivery to us all.

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jaykay09: 11:30am On May 24, 2015
please those anyone know an affordable hospital and doctor in LA. need info urgently
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:52am On May 24, 2015
jaykay09:
please those anyone know an affordable hospital and doctor in LA. need info urgently
check mama tobenna's posts or Omary83 and read back this thread

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 3:59pm On May 24, 2015
slimmy05:

U a darling, il do just dat pls how many hrs to flight time can i do dat?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 24, 2015
bambini:

U a darling, il do just dat pls how many hrs to flight time can i do dat?
Its better you do that now, as people get to select seat fast. You can do that online yourself if you have your bookings with you: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/reservation/default.aspx

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jaykay09: 4:49pm On May 24, 2015
chloe7:
check mama tobenna's posts or Omary83 and read back this thread

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jaykay09: 4:51pm On May 24, 2015
mama tobenna and Omary83 pls I need ur help with the doctor and hospital you used in LA. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.