Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891141 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamades: 9:09pm On May 26, 2015
[quote author=Nogen post=34115092]

I'm using HisGrace Lodge. You can Google it or simply call her on +15044284270 for enquiries.[/quo

ok thanks i hav called her.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 9:09pm On May 26, 2015
mrsoje:

Please help, a friend of mine intends applying for US visa, her choice hospital is Oakbend please advise on accommodations near the hospital. your prompt response will be highly appreciated as she is trying to put together her burden of proof like Phema smiley
she can book intown suite and print her confirmation page as burden of proof for her interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Hawttattoo: 9:19pm On May 26, 2015
[quote author=DeeandGLady post=34111119]Hello My people, Please I need answers to a few questions anyone can help or advice.

1) Does any one know the requirements needed to open a Bank of America bank account?

2) Does anyone know any online store that sell baby stuffs and accepts a Nigerian Debit card online, billing address compatibility has been an issue for me. Most stores I have tried only accepts billing address from US or some selected country as a result shopping online has been a major challenge for me. Please I don't like going to malls to shop, coupled with my sprained feet now I can't walk for so long, I would prefer to shop online. Please anyone who has successfully checkout with a Nigerian card on an online store help or advice. Biko baby go soon arrive and I never buy things.

3)Am presently in Houston, I need an affordable Cab service or private cab service who can I call to take me places for an[b] affordable price[/b]. Has anyone used a cab person or service before in houston, Please help.

You can buy from old navy,Gymboree ,crazy8,Burlington ,cookies kids and Amazon . They accepts our cards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Hawttattoo: 9:23pm On May 26, 2015
shimk:

saw d same tin in a pharm in abuja but was told it's not d same tin. d guy said for sm people d part not covered swells so it depends on you dou.

Thanks shimk. I will have to look for the one that is covered.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:49pm On May 26, 2015
mamades:

Sis is it close to Doctor Parati ?

manythanks

I don't know yet but what's important should be it's closeness to your doctor's. I will be there in few days. Still resting in Dallas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:52pm On May 26, 2015
ozycy:
you people are seriously enjoying over there. This your accommodation make sense at that price and with all the services rendered. Dunno why the ones in Houston aren't Dis cheap. Elpaso on my mind grin

Houston accommodation is expensive but amongst them all, Soulcare is the cheapest. I would have used them, if I hadn't changed doctors and hospitals a month to my departure.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamades: 10:15pm On May 26, 2015
Nogen:

I don't know yet but what's important should be it's closeness to your doctor's. I will be there in few days. Still resting in Dallas.

u need d rest my sister. i was just reading ur old post where i saw u saying doctor parati is an agent, pls can u share with me d hospital u r using and how u got ur appointment with them ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by funkebold: 10:33pm On May 26, 2015
Good evening all, thank u so much for sharing all ur experience cos it has really help sumone like me, I have been reading rghtt from 1st page and I think its time to join inorder to ask few questions. I willbe aapplying for visa for the first time with my hubby dis week nd I v bin able to get letter of confirmation from Dr Fagbohun, but my fear is I just lost my job 2weeks ago due to management complaining about overhead so presently im out of work but my hubby works in a bank so my fear is hope my been outof job won't affect anything and also this is our first time of applying for anything called visa . Please I need more advice cos I know im suppose to go with marriage cert, affidavit of chnge of name, newspaper publication (cos I have my maiden name on my passport), letter from doc FAGBOHUN, hospital and accommodation, budget tables , and statement of account. Please sir and ma wt else do we need cos we are planning to fill the form dis friday applying straight to abuja embassy cos I read it here they are much more considerate than lagos, thank you all so much as u reply..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ginnny: 10:33pm On May 26, 2015
Please what's wrong with buying baby things from Amazon..? quote author=DeeandGLady post=34114864]

@Mum2bee thanks, I will try the stores apart from Amazon, there are somethings I just won't buy on amazon, that includes baby stuff.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 10:41pm On May 26, 2015
All the American stores also resell on amazon. Just do a search for what you want and make sure the reseller is the store. I buy baby clothes from carter's and sometimes when I don't find what I want on carters.com, I go to amazon and buy from Carter's, they usually have overstock.

DeeandGLady:

Thanks zeezahbee, I hope they wont be asking me for documents and bills that carry my name and address Like chase bank(chase closed my account because it was not active for a while and they came up with new policy now they are asking for docs I don't have to re-open, that bank sef shocked)? As for buying on amazon baby stuff is a No No for me, I have prime membership but I will rather do the american stores.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 11:18pm On May 26, 2015
mamades:

u need d rest my sister. i was just reading ur old post where i saw u saying doctor parati is an agent, pls can u share with me d hospital u r using and how u got ur appointment with them ?

They are still an agent but they will link you up with a doctor. You get a letter from the doctor as well.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MamaTrust: 4:39am On May 27, 2015
swtlv:
Hi all. Been a silent reader. Am an August mum planing to leave for Houston in July . Am still having trouble sorting out accommodation. Pls someone recommend accommodation for me in Houston. I'll be using WHMC. Thanks
Reply my pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Remen: 9:11am On May 27, 2015
Hello All, I am travelling in July via United to Florida (Connecting at Houston).
Anyone going to Florida, let us meet up so we dont get bored...lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 10:06am On May 27, 2015
I don't think you not having a job is a problem, if you are applying for birthing purposes just ensure your husband's statement and your own can cover all your cost. If you are asked about work I don't think there is a crime if you stopped working because of your pregnancy rather than you were let go. As for your name if you have an official change of name thy will ask you what you new legal name is. This happened to me when hubby and I applied. The name on my passport was still my maiden name they collected my husband's passport for his visa that day and gave me 5days to go and change my passport to my new legal name which can only be done in Immigration office Abuja. Also a couple before us were asked why they came from Lagos to do visa application in Abuja and from all indications the guy refused them saying they should reapply in Lagos. So you need to prepare an answer for that.

funkebold:
Good evening all, thank u so much for sharing all ur experience cos it has really help sumone like me, I have been reading rghtt from 1st page and I think its time to join inorder to ask few questions..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 10:11am On May 27, 2015
Hello House,

How are all the houston mama's doing? With all of this flash floord I hope you guys are fine and safe.
Please for those that have used El paso, Did you fly directly to El paso? Where was your POE? And pls can you share your experiences. Am trying to find it if El paso is an international airport and if yes what is the POE like?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 10:36am On May 27, 2015
Good morning house, i have a question requiring urgent reply.
What accompanying document are required for Dropbox visa application?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 10:54am On May 27, 2015
Hello all,

Please who should a fit to fly letter be addressed to. Quite urgent pls. Thanks all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by stlov: 11:06am On May 27, 2015
tbaby2015:
Hello all,

Please who should a fit to fly letter be addressed to. Quite urgent pls. Thanks all
Tell ur Doctor to address as ' To whom it may concern'. I addressed mine like dat and flew with it.

For those dat are scared of using Houston as Poe , fear no more . Go ahead. I had a successful entry on sunday. Though I was delayed cos many people were sent to undergo secondary inspection including other pregnant mamas. So those Cbp officials were actually taking their time. When it got to my turn, this conversation ensued.
Me: good morning
Cbp: morning, what are u here for?
Me: to have my baby
Cbp: any supporting document?
Me: gave him all d email print out including d change of intent letter I wrote to d embassy and doctor's correspondence. He collected them and asked me to sit down. He carefully went through the emails and gave them back to me.
Cbp: where are u gonna stay?
Me: told him
Cpb: business or relation?
Me: business
cbp: how much did they charge u?
Me: 1500 usd per month
Cbp: hmm, Dat's a lot.
me: yes but it involves feeding, transportation, accommodation and other complementary services.
cbp: how much do u have in cash?
Me: 9980 usd.
cbp: ok, I knw dat place. It's a serene neighbourhood and u can walk to d hospital. Make sure u pay all ur bills and collect receipts. You are cleared. He stamped me in for six months.
me: thank you.
I was so happy wen I heard his last statement. Indeed God is wonderful. I went to pick up my luggage singing for joy. Other pregnant mamas were also cleared.
My advice: pray, have copies of ur email communications with d doctor and hospital, make sure u have enof cash and do not lie.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by customised87: 11:08am On May 27, 2015
tbaby2015:
Hello all,

To whom it may concern
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by adebrave(f): 12:03pm On May 27, 2015
DeeandGLady:
Hello My people, Please I need answers to a few questions anyone can help or advice.

1) Does any one know the requirements needed to open a Bank of America bank account?

2) Does anyone know any online store that sell baby stuffs and accepts a Nigerian Debit card online, billing address compatibility has been an issue for me. Most stores I have tried only accepts billing address from US or some selected country as a result shopping online has been a major challenge for me. Please I don't like going to malls to shop, coupled with my sprained feet now I can't walk for so long, I would prefer to shop online. Please anyone who has successfully checkout with a Nigerian card on an online store help or advice. Biko baby go soon arrive and I never buy things.

3)Am presently in Houston, I need an affordable Cab service or private cab service who can I call to take me places for an[b] affordable price[/b]. Has anyone used a cab person or service before in houston, Please help.

Please am waiting for response, thanks my people.

Hello DeeandGLady how are u doing? As per ur BOA question. For normal savings AC with a debit card.

1. International passport
2. Any other form of identification e.g Nigeria bank card
3. Contact address in USA
4. Contact address in Nigeria
5. Money to deposit (can't remember the minimum amount to open an AC)
6. Online banking procedures will be set up for u
7. Your card will be posted between 3 to 5 working days
8. A temporary card will be issue immediately for u which u will activate on their ATM. Then u can start using it to shop online, use at Pos etc.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 12:04pm On May 27, 2015
Oya woju oh....eh eh eh...baby sweet...baby nice...baby do the do...odikwa tight...baby ko ya woju oh eh eh eh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 12:20pm On May 27, 2015
when is the best time to get fit to fly? is it ok to get it 7/8days before departure?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 12:22pm On May 27, 2015
is the email correspondence with the doctor different from the hospital. My doctor only told me how much the hospital will charge me? i only have correspondence with the doctor which include hospital charge?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 12:33pm On May 27, 2015
hadetola:
when is the best time to get fit to fly? is it ok to get it 7/8days before departure?
No. Should be within 72 hrs to departure. 7 days is a whole week. A lot can change in baby's growth in a week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 27, 2015
sugah:
Good morning house, i have a question requiring urgent reply.
What accompanying document are required for Dropbox visa application?
for dropbox no supporting document is usually required, you will only drop your passport, visa fees payment confirmation and maybe appointment confirmation or something, you will drop it at one of the assigned drop off / pickup locations.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by darellone: 1:01pm On May 27, 2015
hadetola:

48 - 36 hours at max
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 1:06pm On May 27, 2015
customised87:

To whom it may concern

Thanks all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 1:27pm On May 27, 2015
hadetola:
is the email correspondence with the doctor differe6nt from the hospital. My doctor only told me how much the hospital will charge me? i only have correspondence with the doctor which include hospital charge?

The email correspondence from your doctor with the cost break down,including hospital cost will do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 1:31pm On May 27, 2015
[quote author=adebrave post=34139405]

Hello DeeandGLady how are u doing? As per ur BOA question. For normal savings AC with a debit card.

1. International passport
2. Any other form of identification e.g Nigeria bank card
3. Contact address in USA
4. Contact address in Nigeria
5. Money to deposit (can't remember the minimum amount to open an AC)
6. Online banking procedures will be set up for u
7. Your card will be posted between 3 to 5 working days
8. A temporary card will be issue immediately for u which u will activate on their ATM. Then u can start using it to shop online, use at Pos etc.

Minimum deposit us 25USD and they have a new policy of charging 12.5$ monthly if the account runs with less than 500usd like fixed deposit...so to avoid the charge, the account should have 500 $ at least in it every month

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by domrita: 1:38pm On May 27, 2015
Hi people got into houston on sunday .thank god for every thg.
Pls I have a pressing problem am to use dr glen morgan but the problem is d place (north west houston) is sooooo far from where am staying southeast (77061)houston more than an hrs drive n cabfare abt 110usd for just going.wat do I do esp considering labour startn at night and also considering the flood that affectd that area of houston. The good thg is I haven't paid n cos of the flood I can't get thru to confirm my appt for tomoro.pls my pple do u have any suggestatns of how to overcome this transportatn problem or other ffordable obgyn nearer here?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 1:42pm On May 27, 2015
chloe7:
for dropbox no supporting document is usually required, you will only drop your passport, visa fees payment confirmation and maybe appointment confirmation or something, you will drop it at one of the assigned drop off / pickup locations.

Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shagaman: 2:41pm On May 27, 2015
domrita:
Hi people got into houston on sunday .thank god for every thg.
Pls I have a pressing problem am to use dr glen morgan but the problem is d place (north west houston) is sooooo far from where am staying southeast (77061)houston more than an hrs drive n cabfare abt 110usd for just going.wat do I do esp considering labour startn at night and also considering the flood that affectd that area of houston. The good thg is I haven't paid n cos of the flood I can't get thru to confirm my appt for tomoro.pls my pple do u have any suggestatns of how to overcome this transportatn problem or other ffordable obgyn nearer here?

I advise you start looking for an alternative hospital around your place of stay,with the flooding in texas came so many reptiles,and the govt has not yet cleared the environment..

I always like to say a shout out to all Elpaso people ,how unna dey hope u guys are doing great,and to the forum members happy children s day..

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.