Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891457 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by koko83: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
deltawife:
I used diamond bank opebi branch and you can collect as much as 5k dollars as far as you have an existing account with them
can i use my husband's account to buy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Jibbie2015: 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
glassy2606:
Hello house,I was at d lagos embassy last week and was refused visa,I ve plans to reapply as soon as I can and am planning to go to abuja embassy dis time around.will it increase my chance of getting the visa or I should stay put with Lagos embassy.I tink the VO refused me cos I got a letter from a doctors office and not an hospital.so should I re apply at d Lagos embassy or try abuja? Please advice me

@glassy2606. So sorry abt the denial. But then how exactly did your interview go? Do you mind sharing your experience/conversation that ensued? and then what exactly makes you think you were rejected cos of no correspondence with the hospital? Which doctor's letter/correspondence did you also present to the VO?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
glassy2606:
Hello house,I was at d lagos embassy last week and was refused visa,I ve plans to reapply as soon as I can and am planning to go to abuja embassy dis time around.will it increase my chance of getting the visa or I shld stay put wth lagos embassy.I tink the VO refused me cos I got a letter from a doctors office and not an hospital.so shld I re apply at d lagos embassy or try abuja? Please advice me

I think Abuja is better. Elaborate on the letter and the questions u were asked

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hello Shawbabe, i read few pages back that you did naija passport for ur LO. Please can you explain the process? Many thanks.

[quote author=Shawbabe post=35286314]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
VO .morning madam,why re you going to the US? For child birth and holiday.
VO oh you are pregnant?
Me yes I am even when it was clearly stated in my form
V0 what do you do
Me I run a supermarket
Vo how much do you make
Me btw 280k and 350k depending as my profit varies monthly quickly hands over my bank statement.
Vo wht does your husband do?
Me tell him what he does and hands him his banks statement cos I had his statements from 3different banks and since I stated that he was d one sponsoringm
Vo why is your husband not going wth you
Me he wil join me much later
Vo does he have a visa
Me yes he does
Vo so have you contacted any hospital in us
Me yes I have and I quicklypass d letter to him,he asked if I knew. Anyone in alabama I said no,he now said so how did I get the letter,I told him I did an extensiv search on the internet that I contacted d hospital on d internet,
He looks at d letter thoroughly then takes it to the man nxt to him,I don't know what d man told him but they were both looking at the letter.he came back and said sorry.I plan to re apply shld I go back to the lagos embassy or try abuja?but won't they think am desperate considerin d fact that I first applied at d lagos embassy.please advice me,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
Sorry about that

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
glassy2606:
VO .morning madam,why re you going to the US? For child birth and holiday.
VO oh you are pregnant?
Me yes I am even when it was clearly stated in my form
V0 what do you do
Me I run a supermarket
Vo how much do you make
Me btw 280k and 350k depending as my profit varies monthly quickly hands over my bank statement.
Vo wht does your husband do?
Me tell him what he does and hands him his banks statement cos I had his statements from 3different banks and since I stated that he was d one sponsoringm
Vo why is your husband not going wth you
Me he wil join me much later
Vo does he have a visa
Me yes he does
Vo so have you contacted any hospital in us
Me yes I have and I quicklypass d letter to him,he asked if I knew. Anyone in alabama I said no,he now said so how did I get the letter,I told him I did an extensiv search on the internet that I contacted d hospital on d internet,
He looks at d letter thoroughly then takes it to the man nxt to him,I don't know what d man told him but they were both looking at the letter.he came back and said sorry.I plan to re apply shld I go back to the lagos embassy or try abuja?but won't they think am desperate considerin d fact that I first applied at d lagos embassy.please advice me,

Reapply in Abuja... And mayb ur hubby statement shld be one account or something...
Erm what did ur letter state? Mayb u shld use one of the popular doctors stated on this thread, since their letters are usually accepted.

And PRAY for Favour. Some people weren't even asked for anything... So ensure u r well armored with PRAYERS

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by koko83: 8:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
koko83:
can i use my husband's account to buy
i was able to buy dollars at diamond bank today nut u need to ve an account with them so i just changed my husby acct to joint acct on the spot

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
koko83:
i was able to buy dollars at diamond bank today nut u need to ve an account with them so i just changed my husby acct to joint acct on the spot

I must find ds PTA oh 2 weeks to travel date, this one that black market don reach 230. Jesus is Lord
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
I have learnt a lot from your contributions and like to commend everyone for taking out time to share information. My visa interview is coming up in a few weeks.I will be going with my 4 year old son and am anticipating I will be asked why my husband isn't travelling with us and am wondering what a proper response should be. Truth is, he'll rather I use his ticket money to add for the birthing project. But I definately can't tell the VO that. He has his own business so inability to obtain leave from work won't work. Suggestions please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 11:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
@shawbabe pls did you have to pay anything in advance to Northside before delivery?Got a letter saying I have to pay 2 to 3 weeks before delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 2:36am On Jul 03, 2015
ewa2014:
Cc: bisilola and Toks07

I sent the notification to the Abuja embassy. Don't have the address for Lagos but it's on the thread somewhere.

consularabuja@state.gov

Dear Sir/Madam,

NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE IN TRAVEL PLAN

I am writing to notify the embassy of a change in my travel plans. I have a B1/B2 visa which was obtained for a family vacation. I am now pregnant and we have decided to have our baby in the USA.

I have made proper arrangements by contacting a hospital and a doctor in the USA for this purpose and we have adequate finances to cover all expenses.

I understand that my Visa covers for the purpose but would like to request that you kindly update my records to reflect this change in travel plans.

Kindly advise if there is any other thing I would need to know before embarking on my trip.

Thank you.

Thank you once again. I just want to know if you added any information from your passport page.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 2:40am On Jul 03, 2015
[quote author=bisilola post=35283610][/quote]

the lagos email is LagosNIV@state.gov.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 2:49am On Jul 03, 2015
Does anybody have a good overall experience story to share concerning Methodist Sugarland Hospital..??
I'm considering using them but there have been cases of extra bills for some peeps. I want to find out if it is a normal occurrence there or just some errors. Also, I would like to know how they resolved them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 3:36am On Jul 03, 2015
topsyb:
I have learnt a lot from your contributions and like to commend everyone for taking out time to share information. My visa interview is coming up in a few weeks.I will be going with my 4 year old son and am anticipating I will be asked why my husband isn't travelling with us and am wondering what a proper response should be. Truth is, he'll rather I use his ticket money to add for the birthing project. But I definately can't tell the VO that. He has his own business so inability to obtain leave from work won't work. Suggestions please.

You can tell them that your husband is bussy at work,the fact that he runs his own business does not automaticaly mean he has all the time in the world in his hands.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 6:59am On Jul 03, 2015
Toks07:

Thank you once again. I just want to know if you added any information from your passport page.

No I didn't. Just my full names. That is sufficient combined with my email address which is already on record (in my application).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by princezino(m): 7:47am On Jul 03, 2015
Hi All,
We arrived Dallas last week Friday on BA from LOS-LHR-DFW. POE was a breeze. With wifey and 2 kids. In reply to customary first question, replied that we were here for vacation and to have our baby. Asked if we had made prior medical arrangements, replied that we had contacted Docs, hospitals etc and that we had funds available to pay. Asked where I work.. Replied. End of story. Stamped in for 6 months. Wifey didn't even whisper a word... God is really awesome! In all the trip was exhausting but exhilarating. We declared food but bags weren't checked... those folks seemed quite bored that morning. We shuffled out and used the free shuttle to the Rental Centre to pick up our Rental. Within one hour we were on our way to Mesquite. (National will accept your Nigerian drivers license and Nigerian bank debit card. Just make sure you have your travel tickets printout available to show your outward travel date. Without a data plan, your smartphones Google maps will be useless for navigation. I had to rent a GPS device for $9/day.)

We had gotten a serviced aparthotel (2 BR with 2full bath + kitchenette). Free High speed internet, Cable, Telephone (local/US trunk) All bills inclusive, includes daily cleaning service with breakfast and 5-day dinner service. Laundry is coin-operated. All for $70/day longstay.. The place is a dream. Uber works very well in Dallas and nearby cities so movement wouldn't be hard for wifey.

Wifey's network directed us to a fantastic African/Nigerian shop in Garland. Well stocked with our peculiar delicacies.. even goat meat. enough palm oil, maggi, knorr and even Nigerian Peak powder.

Visited ObyGyn for first scheduled appointment. By the grace of God all is still okay. Now the wait begins for her. MIL arrives in a week.. then I can finally pass the baton and go back to rejoin the Lagos rat race till baby's grand entrance week. #SigningOut folks

27 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 9:23am On Jul 03, 2015
Newmum15:
@shawbabe pls did you have to pay anything in advance to Northside before delivery?Got a letter saying I have to pay 2 to 3 weeks before delivery.

Please how true is this??Please keep Northside mamas updated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2015
princezino:
Hi All,
We arrived Dallas last week Friday on BA from LOS-LHR-DFW. POE was a breeze. With wifey and 2 kids. In reply to customary first question, replied that we were here for vacation and to have our baby. Asked if we had made prior medical arrangements, replied that we had contacted Docs, hospitals etc and that we had funds available to pay. Asked where I work.. Replied. End of story. Stamped in for 6 months. Wifey didn't even whisper a word... God is really awesome! In all the trip was exhausting but exhilarating. We declared food but bags weren't checked... those folks seemed quite bored that morning. We shuffled out and used the free shuttle to the Rental Centre to pick up our Rental. Within one hour we were on our way to Mesquite. (National will accept your Nigerian drivers license and Nigerian bank debit card. Just make sure you have your travel tickets printout available to show your outward travel date. Without a data plan, your smartphones Google maps will be useless for navigation. I had to rent a GPS device for $9/day.)

We had gotten a serviced aparthotel (2 BR with 2full bath + kitchenette). Free High speed internet, Cable, Telephone (local/US trunk) All bills inclusive, includes daily cleaning service with breakfast and 5-day dinner service. Laundry is coin-operated. All for $70/day longstay.. The place is a dream. Uber works very well in Dallas and nearby cities so movement wouldn't be hard for wifey.

Wifey's network directed us to a fantastic African/Nigerian shop in Garland. Well stocked with our peculiar delicacies.. even goat meat. enough palm oil, maggi, knorr and even Nigerian Peak powder.

Visited ObyGyn for first scheduled appointment. By the grace of God all is still okay. Now the wait begins for her. MIL arrives in a week.. then I can finally pass the baton and go back to rejoin the Lagos rat race till baby's grand entrance week. #SigningOut folks

Thank God for safe entry! Please whats the name of this 'aparthotel' It makes a lot of sense sha!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 9:51am On Jul 03, 2015
princezino:
Hi All,
We arrived Dallas last week Friday on BA

at race till #SigningOut folks
congrats on your grand entry into Dallas. All this for $70 a day 2BR including breakfast and all that cleaning and also dinner shocked. Tell us how you got the apartment maybe their website or smt let's know if they have extension here in Houston.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 10:26am On Jul 03, 2015
zeezahbee:

Well etihad or delta or united, all Na same. It would have even been worst if she flew delta or unite and landed on USA soil. They will surely mess her up and cancel her without prejudice.

You mean with, & to call a spade a shovel, thst sis aint planning on returning..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2015
Chicago POE update.

There is no avoiding a lenghty question & answer session at that POE, I was kept waiting for about 3hrs+ (in an holding room with close to 60 other people, though I was the only preggy)for a grilling session of less than 20mins.

Meanwhile my family members were freaking out & trying to find a good immigration lawyer to call cheesy

Wish I could post a transcript of the actual convo but it was disjointed & I was a bit crampy while the Q&A was on,but the line of questioning had to do with why dropbox & didn't go to the embassy to "report" myself, what financial arrangement I had, where my husband was, what he does,my dr& hospital correspodence etc.

What tied the guy's hand was prayers & my embassy notification, he read it like three times & pleaded with me to pay & show receipt on my way out.

PSA for chicago POE users,

1. Do not attempt chicago with a shaky burden of proof.

2. Come with CASH & CARDs, no story will suffice..

3.Most importnt of all, Do not LIE, they are looking for a reason to not allow preggy in, we shouldn't provide them with any...

Peace out, I'm available for clarification, but the time difference is doing me strong thing. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by spykid014(f): 10:47am On Jul 03, 2015
princezino:
Hi All,

Congrats on your grand arrival. And safe delivery to your wifey.

Ejoor, what's the name/website of this 'aparthotel'? For $70/night? Wow! Please share the name abeg, hopefully they will have a branch in NYC.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 11:06am On Jul 03, 2015
back2dmatter:
Its a lie... I had a chat with their rep online and she stated that PTA is given to new customers.

Maybe you should try those branches on the Island (Adeola Odeku or Adeyemo Alakija)

Have you been to the branch physically to confirm by yourself , it is not a lie for lagos branches, it took a friend close to a month to get PTA on her reactivated account..

I got mine within some hours of opening an account in abuja & it was purely man know man (was given a 3 mths run around in 2 branches before I then called someone I know who called an oga.,

The cash officer was about to raise dust but the customer service lady calmly informed her I came from their regional oga.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2015
princezino:
Hi All,
We arrived Dallas last week Friday on BA from LOS-LHR-DFW. POE was a breeze. With wifey and 2 kids.

Hi Princezino,

Congrats on your successful entry. I was so excited to read about your experience. Will be heading to Dallas soon. I sent you a PM please reply. I have a few questions to ask. I hope you don't mind. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2015
ewa2014:

No I didn't. Just my full names. That is sufficient combined with my email address which is already on record (in my application).
Thank you. How long does it take for them to reply?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 03, 2015
Hello everyone ,

i have been a silent reader on this thread and i have to thank everyone that has made valuable contributions .you have been more than helpful.

i am a december /early january mum.

please any mum aiming for southern regional atlanta or El paso in november / December should kindly email me on
geetee2016@yahoo.com. maybe we can share an apartment in atlanta .

wishing all of us the best of luck....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
modath:

Have you been to the branch physically to confirm by yourself , it is not a lie for lagos branches, it took a friend close to a month to get PTA on her reactivated account..

I got mine within some hours of opening an account in abuja & it was purely man know man (was given a 3 mths run around in 2 branches before I then called someone I know who called an oga.,

The cash officer was about to raise dust but the customer service lady calmly informed her I came from their regional oga.

Its true. its man know man atimes, I had to beg the head of operations sef before she gave commitment after I told her stories that touch the heart, the usual run your account for three months was the initial story she was yarning first

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
Terese69:

Hi Princezino,

Congrats on your successful entry. I was so excited to read about your experience. Will be heading to Dallas soon. I sent you a PM please reply. I have a few questions to ask. I hope you don't mind. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

hi terese69..
when u hitting the airways for ur trip....
seems we in the same boat....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie. Any October mum in the house for Houston precisely Katy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hello people... Did anyone finally get a cheap pediatrician for north west medically center?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
SleekChingy:
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie. Any October mum in the house for Houston precisely Katy?

Yer! But Katy? I'm lost

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.