Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891148 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
nefertitiram:

Say whaaaattt!
You will read psalms tire or do invisibility cloak Harry Potter style. Lol! If you haven't bought your ticket please buy BA to Phoenix via London so you can have peace. Chicago will most definitely detain you for some hours and after plenty screening, they will decide to stamp you.
Your CASH (not less than $5k, better still over $10k) your burden of proof and prayers will set you free grin

Hahhahahahahahhahha!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
bolijiks:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this, just heard about this platform from a friend during antenatal and really impressed. I am an August/Sept mom
I hope they are not as mean cos I have just 2hrs waiting time to my next flight to Phoenix.

God is with u.... Pray for Favour.... Don't forget to share ur news here

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amazing85: 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ladyjoie: 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
Shawbabe:

I paid 3 months b4 I was due sef. U should have paid since bcoz that's how u get the 75% discount. U are supposed to pay 30 days b4 ur due date to qualify I believe. So pay asap

@shawbabe,
how is your little one?I have read your posts and seen you used Dr Abrams as your paediatrician, please can I have his full name as well the other charges incurred in Northside Hospital ?
have you changed your mind on revealing your Obygyn? please do and help me out, am heading to Northside too

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
Amazing85:
Hello Houston bound mummies,any1 interested in sharing a 2bedroom apartment walking distance to Oakbend hospt btw July-Sept...Kindly Pm!

Hi, where in Houston please? I'm looking for a 2br apt
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by KayLayChi: 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hi all,

I always enjoy reading POE and Interview stories, so this is mine.

My flight was on the 1st of July, Emirates - Lagos - Dubai - Los Angeles. I flew at 35weeks6days.

I got to the airport barely 2 hours before my flight time, thank God I checked-in online. MMIA is really messed up, everyone wanted a tip, from the immigrations guys that search my bag (I had a lot of food items, they guy said he will send me to the food inspection unit if i don't corporate, i asked him what he wanted and he wanted 4k, at the end I gave him 1k5, in all I spent like 3k in the airport). Then my Fit to Fly, I told my doctor to write it in my format but he insisted the hospital had a format. the immigration guy was asking me why it didn't state that I am fit to fly by air and called his boss, his boss then told him but the letter is titled Fitness to Fly so its good. After everything I was given my boarding pass and told to go to the other end of the airport. I got there and was turned back to go check my temperature at the other end. Na so me and my hubby begin waka .....

So I got to Dubai in 7 hours, used the wheel chair in Dubai, got on board. stopover was like 55minutes. Mehn the flight to LA was so so so so long. did I say the flight was very very long. The flight was for 16 hours, my legs were swollen, they weren't swollen throughout this pregnancy. Good thing the flight was so on point and on time.

So I arrived LAX, finally, was wheeled to Immigrations, since i was on the wheel chair I was wheeled to a guy there was no queue, the guy at the Border and Customs Protection. I greeted him with a smile and he was a really nice looking dude #winks. After my biometrics, he asked me;
what are you here for? to have my baby and vacation
oh okay, how long are you here for? 10 weeks.
He stamps my passport and signs and says I could go.

So I left and checked my passport, was stamped to January 1, 2016.

I was like is that it, I was expecting more, so I went downstairs picked my stuff and viola I was out of the airport.

I couldn't believe it, all my burden of proof was not checked, nothing I just spent like 3 minutes with the guy.

Na so I take enter LA with my big belle, I was so prepared, had all my documents but I didn't need them.

In all I thank God, I am rested now and the swelling s coming down, my first appointment with my Obgyn is on the 6th and my brother tells me most stores will have independent sales tomorrow so I plan to knock myself off.

Waiting for baby to come...ciao

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 12:38am On Jul 04, 2015
KayLayChi:
sales tomorrow so I plan to knock myself off.

Waiting for baby to come...ciao

Nice...not like that yeye chicago!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by KayLayChi: 12:56am On Jul 04, 2015
@ Modath, I read your story, I come dey pity you. That your POE na die, pele oh. Abeg try reach me or how do I contact you? I chatted you but it didn't go...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Kingsmum: 12:59am On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 6:25am On Jul 04, 2015
Good morning house am sorry for being absent for soo long it wasn't intentional.
As a normal I am giving back my own experience I used United Airlines to Houston on d 30th of may my flight was rebooted from naija due to bad weather, I cam in with my son n mum. It was a full flight wit plenty preggys n almost all of us was sent to secondary inspection. The Cbp officers really know how to take their time, we were kept there unattended to for over three hours, when it finally came to our turn We were asked d usual qS n release to go. Pls if possible avoid Houston is not worth d stress.
I had my baby in June tnks to mihs dat expedite my appointment because I had a risky pregnancy
Am in Ocotillo village is a cool and affordable place not far from the hospital, the only thing is that you have to book ahead with moni order of $50. I hope dis isn't advert
Anyways I won't mind company cos am soo bored. @modath n @dajina am sorry had my hands full can't even view ur email sorry for the long post

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 6:41am On Jul 04, 2015
I know my first son had colic buh I don't think it was like this my seconds own, the boy grins in pain n I can feel d activity in his stomach pls wat shld I do, shld I call d hospital or just watch him n wait for the three months period it will last. Am so sorry for him. Pls I need advice on what to do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:20am On Jul 04, 2015
bambini:
I know my first son had colic buh I don't think it was like this my seconds own, the boy grins in pain n I can feel d activity in his stomach pls wat shld I do, shld I call d hospital or just watch him n wait for the three months period it will last. Am so sorry for him. Pls I need advice on what to do

Go to the pharmacy and buy infacol... Administer according to age... Or if u r with gripe water u can use it too... But infacol is superb

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 7:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Thanks dear I used infacol for my first buh I don't know if the have it here, I also give him grip water buh is not working

quote author=firsttymum post=35463126]

Go to the pharmacy and buy infacol... Administer according to age... Or if u r with gripe water u can use it too... But infacol is superb[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 7:56am On Jul 04, 2015
KayLayChi:
@ Modath, I read your story, I come dey pity you. That your POE na die, pele oh. Abeg try reach me or how do I contact you? I chatted you but it didn't go...

That POE na diiieeee, & whats so funny about their antics is that 90% of the CBP agents have names like Suarez,Ulli,stovic,dmitri etc that will point to the fact that they are either immigrants or 1st generation offsprings of immigrants!!! undecided smiley

My phone social media apps are acting brand new!!, it decides when to connect to bbm & whatsapp &when not to on WIFI, i have an ultra mobile Sim with a supposed 700mb but its looking like the paki guy did us the more you look the less you see..... i will pm you my no...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 8:32am On Jul 04, 2015
How does one do change of name on Naija passport? Is it here in Abuja? And what do I need to take with me? Also how much is it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toitoi: 8:34am On Jul 04, 2015
@bambinI go to any pharmacy they have infacol, I used it for my baby last time.

bambini:
Thanks dear I used infacol for my first buh I don't know if the have it here, I also give him grip water buh is not working

Go to the pharmacy and buy infacol... Administer according to age... Or if u r with gripe water u can use it too... But infacol is superb

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:01am On Jul 04, 2015
Shawbabe:
How does one do change of name on Naija passport? Is it here in Abuja? And what do I need to take with me? Also how much is it?

Ur husband passport page
Ur old passport
Newspaper publication
Sworn affidavit
Marriage certificate
Passport photograph
Application for change of name letter
I think a letter from ur husband( just make him sign at the end of a plain paper.. When u get there use their format and write). I wasn't asked for this when I did mine but my friend was asked. Let the signature match the one on his passport page

Go with original for sighting... Then make copies so u don't treak up and down. Go with cash... Cos the atm there is kinda far and doesn't always work. You shld get ur passport the next day by noon.

It's done only in Abuja.
I did everything with 35000. As at last year December. There's payment for two different things( pray u find one of the guys to help u with the print out payment, that one is unnecessary waka) Then hold extra for tipping....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2015
bambini:

Gripe water entails patience unlike infacol that's faster...... Look for the infacol they shld have it... U can only try. If u don't get u have to continue with d gripe water. Then try to patiently ensure the food has gone down before lying the baby down. Colic can be very uncomfortable . U can order infacol on Amazon if u don't get it in a store

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2015
@tvegas I know u r like "bank" of information... Pls do u have dr Ziworitins email address?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 11:07am On Jul 04, 2015
firsttymum:

Ur husband passport page
Ur old passport
Newspaper publication
Sworn affidavit
Marriage certificate
Passport photograph
Application for change of name letter
I think a letter from ur husband( just make him sign at the end of a plain paper.. When u get there use their format and write). I wasn't asked for this when I did mine but my friend was asked. Let the signature match the one on his passport page

Go with original for sighting... Then make copies so u don't treak up and down. Go with cash... Cos the atm there is kinda far and doesn't always work. You shld get ur passport the next day by noon.

It's done only in Abuja.
I did everything with 35000. As at last year December. There's payment for two different things( pray u find one of the guys to help u with the print out payment, that one is unnecessary waka) Then hold extra for tipping....

Thanks hon kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Doubledouble: 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
@kaylaychi, congrats on your POE. I am heading to LA too this month with Emirates. Pls your flight from lagos to Dubai was it the afternoon or night one?? Was planning going on the afternoon flight but that will give me 7hrs stopover! If I could try your timing would be so happy. TIA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amy20: 2:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
Hi Geeteeai

I'm also a December/early January mum aiming to go in in November/ December. And highly confused if I would use Atlanta or El Paso. Maybe seeing you and sharing a flat together would be great and finally land me on a decision. Sent you an email. Kindly respond so we can start planning.

geeteeai:
Hello everyone ,

i have been a silent reader on this thread and i have to thank everyone that has made valuable contributions .you have been more than helpful.

i am a december /early january mum.

please any mum aiming for southern regional atlanta or El paso in november / December should kindly email me on
geetee2016@yahoo.com. maybe we can share an apartment in atlanta .

wishing all of us the best of luck....

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by titila: 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
Hello. Pls has anyone fly Emirates frm abuja to seattle. Stop over is like 21hrs in dubai. what was ur experience like? Did u get a hotel accommodation frm d airline? Pls share cos I'll be leaving in 2 weeks time.
Also if anyone has used Seattle as a POE, What was ur experience.
Thnk u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
bambini:

No pediatrician in the us will recommend gripe water or infacol. Infact they advice against it

To be honest colic has no cure. You have to wait it out, it's the baby's digestive system that is not strong enough to process gas.

What you can do to help is to burp very well after feeding no matter how long it takes, lie the baby on tummy (supervised because of SIDS), use anti colic bottles if you are bottle feeding, ride your babies leg like a bicycle when they are uncomfortable it helps relieves the tummy of some gas

It's really difficult, I know first hand cuz I battled both colic and reflux but colic passes at three months for most babies

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by KayLayChi: 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
Doubledouble:
@kaylaychi, congrats on your POE. I am heading to LA too this month with Emirates. Pls your flight from lagos to Dubai was it the afternoon or night one?? Was planning going on the afternoon flight but that will give me 7hrs stopover! If I could try your timing would be so happy. TIA

My flight was for 8:50pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
favoredgal:

No pediatrician in the us will recommend gripe water or infacol. Infact they advice against it

To be honest colic has no cure. You have to wait it out, it's the baby's digestive system that is not strong enough to process gas.

What you can do to help is to burp very well after feeding no matter how long it takes, lie the baby on tummy (supervised because of SIDS), use anti colic bottles if you are bottle feeding, ride your babies leg like a bicycle when they are uncomfortable it helps relieves the tummy of some gas

It's really difficult, I know first hand cuz I battles both colic and reflux but colic passes at three months for most babies

Really.... Haba what kind of misinformation is this en? Na wa o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
In the U.S. They use di-gel which contains simethicone which is the the constituent in infacol... It has other names in other parts of the world... So I wonder why US pediatricians prescribe di-gel or why it's in use?

So @favoredgal when u say a pediatrician won't administer infacol or they advise against it then I'm wondering where u got ur info from.

Colic is uncomfortable and painful if u have experienced it as u say then u wld appreciate the relief a child gets from using "simethicone"

And the drug shld b banned if it doesn't give relief...
Cc @bambini

I dislike misinformation....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toitoi: 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
I bought infacol for my baby at CVS without doctors prescription even they have different kinds I have to ask the pharmacist which one is good because am confused and he told me to take infacol.

quote author=favoredgal post=35478130]

It's really difficult, I know first hand cuz I battles both colic and reflux but colic passes at three months for most babies [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Doubledouble: 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
KayLayChi:

My flight was for 8:50pm

Thanks a lot @Kaylaychi. The 8.50pm makes sense just scared of the flight taking off from Lagos being delayed n having to wait till the following day to join another flight to LA n that is subject to seat availability! Did the same trip Mar/Apr this year n really didn't enjoy the 7hrs wait n the 8.50pm flight was delayed. Where in LA are you using??

All the best n wishing u safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
titila:
Hello. Pls has anyone fly Emirates frm abuja to seattle. Stop over is like 21hrs in dubai. what was ur experience like? Did u get a hotel accommodation frm d airline? Pls share cos I'll be leaving in 2 weeks time.
Also if anyone has used Seattle as a POE, What was ur experience.
Thnk u

I advise you use the night flight for a better connection,if not ask your travel agent to book the Emirates STPC for you,this enables you get a free hotel at the airport while you are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2015
Doubledouble:

Emirates has a stop over package for long stops,just ask your travel agent to book it,it's called STPC.You get a free hotel at the hotel while you are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
Amazing85:
Hello Houston bound mummies,any1 interested in sharing a 2bedroom apartment walking distance to Oakbend hospt btw July-Sept...Kindly Pm!

Hello dear,I am interested ooo,I am a Sept/October mum and traveling in Aug.How much is it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.