Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,993 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891515 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
got PTA this afternoon from Stanbic at allen branch.. after I opened diamond account and they started yarning three months bla bla bla scam.. hubby was able to get from diamond sha before they started yarning stories that touch the heart. The 208 at stanbic pain me small sha but its beta than 242 shocked

abeg oh if I have more than $10k but im travelling with my mum can she hold the excess for me as she doesn't have up to $3k she is holding will they add both our monies together and we have to declare it either way. abeg no vex if na stupid question, I never go America before abeg,... does any one know? I know its okay to declare more but just trying to limit my transactions/ grammar at POE abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
[quote author=hotmummy2015 post=36329864
abeg oh if I have more than $10k but im travelling with my mum can she hold the excess for me as she doesn't have up to $3k she is holding will they add both our monies together and we have to declare it either way. abeg no vex if na stupid question, I never go America before abeg,... does any one know? I know its okay to declare more but just trying to limit my transactions/ grammar at POE abeg.[/quote]
You can split it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
Toks07:
My story continues. Wore my compressor sock from doha to houston and it help a lot, no swelling at all anyway with a very active 3 year old that visit the loo every now and then an I had lots of exercise. As the journey drew to any end I felt more tired so I told my husband am asking for a wheel chair once we get to houston. Note I did not use any thru out my journey or even included it in my ticket reservation so as we landed I told one of the attendant that I need a wheel chair. One was arranged for me and off we go. Abeg wheel chair good o. The airport was crowded.
Na special treatment for wheelchair o.
Wheeled to the shortest line with my husband and daughter following. When it our turn at the CBP this ensures.

Now resting. And planning on fixing my appointment today.

Abeg see Favour... Congratulations ... God is great abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
There is nothing wrong in having over $10k just declare it #shikena.

hotmummy2015:
got PTA this afternoon from Stanbic at allen branch.. after I opened diamond account and they started yarning three months bla bla bla scam.. hubby was able to get from diamond sha before they started yarning stories that touch the heart. The 208 at stanbic pain me small sha but its beta than 242 shocked

abeg oh if I have more than $10k but im travelling with my mum can she hold the excess for me as she doesn't have up to $3k she is holding will they add both our monies together and we have to declare it either way. abeg no vex if na stupid question, I never go America before abeg,... does any one know? I know its okay to declare more but just trying to limit my transactions/ grammar at POE abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
ozycy:
Houston POE with $4k, big belle, first tym in US, food stuffs and no secondary inspection. It must be smooth for me and other mama's going that route in JESUS name Amen grin

Amen Amen Amen Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
hotmummy2015:

Thank God I don open STANBIC account just incase....

Fill ur card , and let ur mum fill hers In d aircraft... Just to prevent unnecessary plenty talk ...

Then again there's nothing wrong in declaring more than 10k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2015
You don't have to renew before you go. I travelled on Feb 2nd and my visa expired on Feb 26. I stayed in the US till the end of May and renewed via drop box when I got back. I travelled again in June without any issues.
Just send them an email informing of your childbirth plans and you should be ok.

Detty16:
Many thanks Firstymum. I totally agree with what you said and thats what i may opt for. I have a B1/B2, which i though covers vac/medical, hence my reason for wanting to just go... I will keep you posted as it goes. I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2015
Just declare it, they usually ask families (or those travelling together) to fill one landing form, so giving your mum may not make a difference

hotmummy2015:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Detty16: 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
Many thanks Shelly....thanks for sharing your story. Please did you get the mail when you sent a notification intent to them saying you want to have your child there and did you print for POE?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
firsttymum:

Keep track ke? At all... Just click on d persons name and you'll see all the posts..
And if someone's name rings a bell, click on d name to remember the info the person dropped ... I learned it from Tvegas or so when he was able to detect an agent on d thread...

You make me feel like I'm speaking to myself 90% of the time, this is some mind control ish!! shocked

ozycy:
Houston POE with $4k, big belle, first tym in US, food stuffs and no secondary inspection. It must be smooth for me and other mama's going that route in JESUS name Amen grin

Yes ke, they shall surely gather but not for your sake (s), psalm 91, & 121 is the koko... Na so i turn am to chants when the long wait became frustrating..

Na so i enter chicago oo. Imagine that i that ijebu didn't allow me buy @222 , now hearing its 247+, when stanbic is solidly gidigba at 199.55....wish i could teleport you to my stanbic card for the next week+ to get at least 3k$....

All the folks that stole our commonwealth in USD & making the aftermath a collective one will have a seperate fire set for them.. awon oloshi gbogbo. undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
shrekandfiona:

please try not to give unconfirmed info. You can withdraw dollars from your dorm account if you have a usd dorm account. I have dorm accounts with gtb and diamond and I withdraw the currency domiciled there at any point in time

What I just said is not unconfirmed, was unable to withdraw from my Gtb dom acct because they have not received alert for the money sent over 2 weeks. Until the bank in London started investigation before they sent a msg that there was a mix up. As I said earlier different banks with their own different issues.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
[quote author=ozycy post=36326469]Houston POE with $4k, big belle, first tym in US, food stuffs and no secondary inspection. It must be smooth for me and other mama's going that route in JESUS name Amen grin[/quote

You will all find favour as I did in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
queenestty:

Wow. Congratulations
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
firsttymum:

Abeg see Favour... Congratulations ... God is great abeg

Yes my sister na God win o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
Toks07:

What I just said is not unconfirmed, was unable to withdraw from my Gtb dom acct because they have not received alert for the money sent over 2 weeks. Until the bank in London started investigation before they sent a msg that there was a mix up. As I said earlier different banks with their own different issues.
okay smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by julzz(f): 8:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
First time Nov mama, lots of information ive gotten here. My interview is Aug 24. Will u all posted with the transcript, pray for me oh house cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
Yes I got the reply aand printed it but didn't need at the POE. I came through ATL and it was a breeze.

Detty16:
Many thanks Shelly....thanks for sharing your story. Please did you get the mail when you sent a notification intent to them saying you want to have your child there and did you print for POE?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Detty16: 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
Thanks much!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
Detty16:
Hi bbaby: i dont mind going Aug. Visa expires Nov...what do you think? (dont mind me o, just dread refusal ni o)

If it's refusal issue then you have no problem as it's drop box. Weigh all your options sha. All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bachangel: 1:17am On Jul 28, 2015
shawlar:

I wonder what bachangel finally decided on....
I'm just wondering cos I also have the same reservations/dificulties making up my mind on the whole US birth thingy

@shawlar @helovesme...so after much pondering, I finally decided to have my baby is the US. One of the winning arguments....I dont see why my child, coming into this world, completely innocent and not responsible for the 'sins' of previous Nigerians, should have his/her potential halved just by our very limiting green passport.... As parents to be, I hope we are making the right decision. Will see how it goes.

Decided on New York, settled on a hospital and a Doc, first appointment date set...due end of November...just trying to decide when to stop work. Planned end of Oct initially, but due to very annoying bosses, huge workload and impossible sales target i am just not ready to deal with, thinking of leaving end of Sept since I can take 6 months mat leave (4 fully paid and 2 half paid)

All the best with your decisions!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 3:49am On Jul 28, 2015
now that am much better let me share my birthing story in maryland.

1. maryland is an expensive city abeg if u can avoid it o.

2. and if u must use maryland abeg avoid prince George cus dose people i didn't understand their charges. dey r not straight forward like elpaso n Houston n d likes.

3. if u can pls plan for in case cs. I had a virginal delivery for my first buh dis one ended up being cs.

now the story.

I was told before I came to maryland that doctors fee 2350 hosp 4000

wen I got here paid d doctor his 2350 buh hosp u must pay only after delivery at d hospital.

went into labour 2am on sat 11th july and after labouring for almost 8hrs we had to go for cs cus d baby's position was bridged

gave birth to my 2nd princess at 11.49am

the nurses were wonderful. got a lot of Similac milk, pampers, wipes n a breast pump.

they said hearing test is compulsory under maryland law so had to do it.

just got the bill last Friday na so I see 11, 479.39. mine was 9k smtn n d baby 1800.

see wahala. Anywayz to God be the glory went there today n settled them wit my fidelity card.

nxt journey heading to OHIO(a friend gv birth dere last month and she said she paid 3800 for doct n hosp plus 1200 for a 2 bedroom apartment for a mnth, which state can beat that?). in maryland I had free accommodation, free ride n all cus I stayed wit my brother buh I cant shout. won't give birth here again o.

wish all dose yet to give birth safe delivery.

parking my kaya n getting ready to depart.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2015
This is my story of life grin (Part one)

Flew Airfrance @ 37 weeks + and POE was Houston. Didn't get any problem at our naija airport as I wasn't showing much (I had to show my fitness letter which I got at 34weeks) and off we flew.
Flight from nigeria to Paris was wonderful and I was given enough attention by the crew unto pregnant girl grin not to mention Paris to houston, in a nutshell airfrance wowed me.

So I arrived houston with zero dollars, had about 1k naira or so. I was suppose to buy dollars from black market prior to my travel but the rate was not smiling so I had to take a big risk of travelling with just my cards and hubby's. The hubby was uber scared but I risked it anyways. Got into houston at about 2pm(dressed smart with my short and blazer grin) and met not too long queue so I joined peacefully praying in my heart because I have two major issue, first I didn't declare at the interview that I was pregnant (although I wasn't when I applied) and I have zero dollar.

It got to my turn so I walked majestically to the CBP and he asked why I was here and I replied for delivery and vacation so I guess he dropped the vacation bit and picked up the delivery issh. He then stood to look at me to confirm and asked why I chose the US and I replied good health care. He asked if I have got any dr or hospital and I answered yes and gave him name and location as he asked also. He asked how much I have with me and I replied no dollar but about one thousand naira and my cards (He was surprised ), so he said its obvious my intentions are not genuine as I said I was going to colorado for a conference during my interview and here I am in Houston for child birth with zero dollar, and then I told him yes I was suppose to attend a conference at denver colorado but the trip was cancelled by my university and as a student I could not have travelled alone so it was not my fault, so he sent me for secondary inspection where I spent over 5hrs ohh.
Part two below

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 7:37am On Jul 28, 2015
Part two (secondary inspection) please bear with my long story of life but I have been getting emails To post my Houston POE experience so I had to make out this time to do it. So read below

They threatened I will be sent back and right there I saw pregnant women been sent back (although their stories sef tire me too so I no blame the immigration) and all efforts to explain myself was just abortive. I started praying ohh until the last guy came and called my name so I went into his office with him and God just used him to set me free. He went through all my docs and he saw the email I sent to London/Abuja consulate informing them about my change of plans (I got my visa in london) and the response from both sides. He said his problem now is that I have no money but I insisted I have more than enough that he should check my cards with ATM. He asked if he can see my budget sheet (God bless Phema because I copied her pattern) and also access my account online, I said sure so I switched on my phone and logged into my GTB internet banking and he saw the money and started calculating based on my budget sheet and God knows what exchange rate he was using. After that he was convinced and didn't bother to check my other cards (even when I reminded him) and he explained to me to get my receipts for every payment just incase I am asked next time. He stamped me in till next year and I thank God. Other pregnant women where there but we didn't talk ohh, na so I run for my dear life.
Note: Houston Poe isn't advisable if your situation is not straight and note that they are aware of Nairaland because the immigration man told me about it.
Good luck to everyone. Na baby arrival we dey wait ni grin

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 7:48am On Jul 28, 2015
Oooh meehn! U should b given a medal 4 bravery cool
Wow...
Buh then again u had access to Internet banking real time, docs n hospital correspondence, budget sheet. ..I think those were ur tactical nukes n ace cards wch beat em n affirms your genuineness.
Cos logically there weren't so much holes in ur story. ..they are a cashless society n it's just 4 our own authenticity that they require physical cash minium at POE for us sef. .
Big ups n best of luck. ..
Give my best regards to ur lil one wen he/she arrive.

lala4sure:
Part two (secondary inspection) please bear with my long story of life but I have been getting emails To post my Houston POE experience so I had to make out this time
Good luck to everyone. Na baby arrival we dey wait ni grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OMary83: 9:09am On Jul 28, 2015
nxt journey heading to OHIO(a friend gv birth dere last month and she said she paid 3800 for doct n hosp plus 1200 for a 2 bedroom apartment for a mnth, which state can beat that?). in maryland I had free accommodation, free ride n all cus I stayed wit my brother buh I cant shout. won't give birth here again o.

Expect plenty pmes for dis ohio matter oooo or u post d hospital details here for u to rest.lol

[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 9:32am On Jul 28, 2015
Hello everyone, how una dey?

So anymore cheap places/states to birth? I don see Ohio. Which one again?
Planning for number 2 grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by spagg56: 10:18am On Jul 28, 2015
post bachangel=36344424:

@bachangel pls what hosp in new york are you using and wat are the cost?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bukolet: 10:38am On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=olokings post=36348187]Oooh meehn! U should b given a medal 4 bravery cool
Wow...
Buh then again u had access to Internet banking real time, docs n hospital correspondence, budget sheet. ..I think those were ur tactical nukes n ace cards wch beat em

Please nairalanders, I have been reading this thread for days now, kudos to everyone. Please am a November Mum, planning to have my baby in Chicago. Am yet to apply for my visa but I have learnt a lot here. Please I have tried to check phema posts but didn't see the full details of the burden of proof and cost sheet. Pls if anyone has it. Kindly post for me. Pleaseeeeeeee. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Doubledouble: 10:41am On Jul 28, 2015
OMary83:

Expect plenty pmes for dis ohio matter oooo or u post d hospital details here for u to rest.lol

@OMary83, pls does centinela package include epidural?? If not how much did you pay for epidural?? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by damonas: 11:01am On Jul 28, 2015
@bukolet Phema's burden of proof is in Part 1 Pg 105-106. I am going to Chicago same time as u so u could reach me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 11:26am On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=shimk post=3634521

[/quote]. Pls dear, if you have full details please share here thanks. hospital fee, doctors fee,lab tests, epidural, pediatrician fee, hearing test, etc. I don't mind porting asap wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.