Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891429 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 11:37am On Jul 30, 2015
People should jst BOYCOTT this GTB when abroad. They are jst theives and na dem go the advertise pass like say na good thing dem dey do..
From what I gather stanbic is the best, but like firstmum ask, Hows about the old generation banks...?? Shey nobody dey use dem ni..?
I plan to give my wife my firstbank card when she travels, Does anybody knw their rates..??

firsttymum:

STANBIC expensive for PTA , perfect for ATM and pos withdrawals

Diamond bank reportedly stopped PTA

FIDELITY perfect for POS expensive for withdrawals

Eco bank started PTA awaiting confirmation on rates

GTB don't go there lol Expensive for withdrawal , doesn't give PTA

Fcmb expensive withdrawals, no confirmation on PTA

What of old generation banks, they might come to our rescue .. First bank? Union bank

What of zenith, UBA, Access bank, sterling bank etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2015
shawlar:

The CBN can't say its unaware about this crazy charges from banks when we use our cards abroad. Don't they have staff that travel and use their cards abroad. I think the CBN gov is pro-bank, Most of the directives he has issued are in the banks favour.. He should try and favour the masses once in a while.

Anyways, I got PTA last week thurs from diamond bank @ Ajose VI with my wifes ticket (using my acct), went back this week with my Mums ticket and Gbam!! they are no longer selling shocked shocked. I had to go to like round till I saw 1 branch (adetokunbo ademola)that said they now sell to only customers with exclusive accts so I had to call my bro to come around so we could use his acct. So if you have exclusive acct with diamond bank, I think you can still get PTA 4rm select branches
I agree with you strictly in banks Favour ... Mscheeew

What's an exclusive account?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 11:48am On Jul 30, 2015
olokings:
Not daily. .
But a N240 surcharge per withdrawal asides d exchange rate.

The surcharge is not a new fee introduction, wonder why they included it in their email notification.

firsttymum:

FIDELITY perfect for POS expensive for withdrawals

Sis come ooo, what definition of "perfect" qualifies 239
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:53am On Jul 30, 2015
shawlar:

People should jst BOYCOTT this GTB when abroad. They are jst theives and na dem go the advertise pass like say na good thing dem dey do..
From what I gather stanbic is the best, but like firstmum ask, Hows about the old generation banks...?? Shey nobody dey use dem ni..?
I plan to give my wife my firstbank card when she travels, Does anybody knw their rates..??
GTB thieves en, they dealt with me during my vac earlier this year. I cldnt use my diamond because according to them I didn't inform them I was traveling
My mum said UBN does PTA but I don't know their rates... Will find out tomorrow for sure. Will also try and see if I can find out about first bank( although I don't hav and account with them)
STANBIC for Presido bro... I can't shout...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:58am On Jul 30, 2015
modath:

The surcharge is not a new fee introduction, wonder why they included it in their email notification.

did I say pos, I meant PTA .... But abeg 239.. It's just crazy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
shawlar:

GTB oh GTB, the bank GUARANTEED to always daylight molest their customers in EVERY WAY they can, is it by refusing to sell currency & subsequently doing a very high FX rate, or by charging 225 for transactions & in the event that the transaction fails creditting the account back 198, ? same thing when it comes to tax refund!!!

We can go on and on and on.....

As for First Bank, its very cool... cheesy...........

231 cheesy grin cheesy.. After the E banking folks assured a friend that their rate is better that STANBIC's , she didnt find it funny at all.... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
It is well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
U tried oooo! Was about to say yeepee then I saw the remaining part of ur post... Hhahahhahahhahahaha nice one
That's the end of firstbank for me grin...
Mscheeeew...
And GTB can send emails and disturbing about using ur card online and bla bla bla THIEVES mscheeeeew
modath:

GTB oh GTB, the bank GUARANTEED to always daylight molest their customers in EVERY WAY they can, is it by refusing to sell currency & subsequently doing a very high FX rate, or by charging 225 for transactions & in the event that the transaction fails creditting the account back 198, ? same thing when it comes to tax refund!!!

231 cheesy grin cheesy.. After the E banking folks assured a friend that their rate is better that STANBIC's , she didnt find it funny at all.... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by agriboom: 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
Adriannajones:
Hi everyone. I've read this thread from the beginning to end three times. I tried to get a visa last year but I was given. I want to try again next month. I'll be having my baby with dr Fagbohun and I've gotten my correspondence from him. I'll be staying at an apartment near the hospital. My question now is, what do I write as my "contact in the U.S." Is it the doctors/hospitals address and number, or that of the hotel. Please it's urgent guys. Thanks in advance.

Hello, can you help me with the doctors email? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
Shawbabe:

If u are using Northside, I believe ba y is given Hep B, Tdap and another one I can't remember. Travelled with my baby at 3 weeks and all that was given b4 we left. Started BCG and co in naija
Hi Shawbabe,

Did u have to take whooping cough vaccine whilst u were pregnant?i thought that was to be given to the baby when he's born
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
9/07/2015 first bank rate was 197 to $1 for PTA, don't know as for today.

firsttymum:

GTB thieves en, they dealt with me during my vac earlier this year. I cldnt use my diamond because according to them I didn't inform them I was traveling
My mum said UBN does PTA but I don't know their rates... Will find out tomorrow for sure. Will also try and see if I can find out about first bank( although I don't hav and account with them)
STANBIC for Presido bro... I can't shout...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Chizee02: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hi everyone, I am pregnant and I intend having my baby in the US .Please I need a detailed and clear information as to how to go about it, what to do first and what follows next. Don't have any state and birthing facility in mind yet , need the guidance of people who have done this before.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by princeFAD: 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
Can anyone explain what PTA means please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
dyout:
9/07/2015 first bank rate was 197 to $1 for PTA, don't know as for today.

197? Branch pls...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
It's an acronym. ...

Record.

princeFAD:
Can anyone explain what PTA means please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
firsttymum:

I agree with you strictly in banks Favour ... Mscheeew

What's an exclusive account?

Its just one of those their acct packages jare. U know, like savings xtra, current etc
Their exclusive acct has additional benefits and stuff attached to it but it also has very stringent conditions, like min bal of 1m etc...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
A frd of mine that works with first bank lokoja branch.

firsttymum:

197? Branch pls...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
Personal Travel Allowance

princeFAD:
Can
anyone explain what PTA means please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
modath:

231 Na wa oh... This old generation bank sef don join the scam
I had better go and apply for this STANBIC debit card. From what I gather ,u don't need to open an account. Its jst a debit card loaded with the amount you want.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
Lol cheesy what a thread. @firsttymum, do ignore snide remarks and annoying posts jare. You are one of the few that keep this thread active.

For those still on bank rates et all, this is my one kobo; if you have a domiciliary account with any bank, make sure you're given a dollar card for it. I have a dorm account with 2 banks and I travelled with my Gtb visa card for it. I have been able to swipe, withdraw etc with the card with no charges so far since the account is domiciled in $.

Also if you are able to get above 4k $ PTA, when you get here, try opening a US bank account. I opened a bank of america account and I was immediately given a temporary visa card and the permanent master card was mailed few days later. I also use it as well with no charges.

I have had no cause to use my Naija cards only that of my dorm account. Just that you have to fund the dorm account before leaving naija.

For that fella, PTA means personal travel allowance

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
Chizee02:
Hi everyone, I am pregnant and I intend having my baby in the US .Please I need a detailed and clear information as to how to go about it, what to do first and what follows next. Don't have any state and birthing facility in mind yet , need the guidance of people who have done this before.

I don't think people on here help do others homework o. U gats to read. Like dedicate a whole week to read. Even if someone helps answer ur question, it won't be as good as reading ur self. So here www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/5 , Start there then proceed to here and start from page one. Gods speed!

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ralphlauren:

yeah hun, we good wink

Ahem!
*just passing by*

Nice one though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
0yin:

Hi Shawbabe,

Did u have to take whooping cough vaccine whilst u were pregnant?i thought that was to be given to the baby when he's born

I took a shot at 33 weeks.
They say its to transfer immunity.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
shrekandfiona:
Lol :

For those still on bank rates et all, this is my one kobo; if you have a domiciliary account with any bank, make sure you're given a dollar card for it. I have a dorm account with 2 banks and I travelled with my Gtb visa card for it. I have been able to swipe, withdraw etc with the card with no charges so far since the account is domiciled in $.
allowance
I guess most peeps don't have dorm account if not, who wants to stress him/ herself with bank fluctuating rate and all that. I used mine and it was so stress free.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
More like most people don't have the dollars to put in such dorm account. Opening a dormicilliary account is the easy part.

So the deliberation here is on how best to source the dollars - at the lowest possible rate

ozycy:
I guess most peeps don't have dorm account if not, who wants to stress him/ herself with bank fluctuating rate and all that. I used mine and it was so stress free.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
modath:

modath I hail o.

I think she meant to say perfect for PTA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
nefertitiram:

I took a shot at 33 weeks.
They say its to transfer immunity.

Thanks. My dr calls it Tdap.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
Yeah Tdap. In Nigeria I was given only the tetanus shot though.

0yin:

Thanks. My dr calls it Tdap.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
I used my Zenith Card and the rate was 226.

I hear that dollar rate might come down, a friend bought black market today at 235 and earlier this week he was told 241.

I guess we'll wait and see.

shawlar:

231 Na wa oh... This old generation bank sef don join the scam
I had better go and apply for this STANBIC debit card. From what I gather ,u don't need to open an account. Its jst a debit card loaded with the amount you want.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mosky47: 6:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
I seriously agree with you. If you hope to use UBA to swipe, please reconsider.
They debited me N267 and N269 on separate occasions. However, on Amazon, it is 208. So I only use it on Amazon.
Withdrawing from an ATM with my debit card has embarrassed me.
shimk:

also if u see black market dat is cheaper dan 230 please buy so u have enuf cash on u because it will still be cheaper dan swiping ur card.

I used fidelity card on moday, d conversion rate was about 239.

jus used my fcmb and it was bout 235. dats like buying from black market abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OMary83: 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
For Los Angeles Mums,ur hubby must not notariize in d embassy.Any notary public is ok

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OMary83: 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
[quote author=OMary83 post=34786519]

Check airbnb website for accommodation close to st francis,i asked my host if he can source a place,said he will check around. seems my host has been able to make head way abt accommodation.pm if u are traveling to la next month,I need to get info of how long u intend to stay,how many rooms in case u are with family etc.@justwise,am just trying to help because Mbagwu is affordable and people have been asking me severally abt accommodation,no be advert biko.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.