Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891679 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
Lol @nefertitiram your precious one would arrive safely in Jesus name.Thank you so much @phema @ejisky @bbaby84 and @shawbabe God bless you all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
Newmum15:
Lol @nefertitiram your precious one would arrive safely in Jesus name.Thank you so much @phema @ejisky @bbaby84 and @shawbabe God bless you all

AMEN!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by silverplum: 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
Got this from diamond bank today

Due to the increased influx of FCY cash deposits and the challenges with managing outflows, it has become necessary to temporarily suspend the receipt of foreign exchange cash deposits into domiciliary accounts from Thursday, 30 July 2015. This suspension affects our US Dollar, British Pounds and Euro domiciliary accounts.

We will however continue to receive payments into domiciliary accounts via electronic fund transfers and customers will also continue to have access to funds in their domiciliary accounts.

Please be assured that this arrangement is only in place until the current situation improves and we will notify customers once we re-commence the receipt of FCY cash deposits.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
[quote author=OMary83 post=36436788][/quote]
I just sent you a Pm. ..... don't know if you got it....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by darasimi1988: 12:24am On Jul 31, 2015
Lwkmd. If u don't want to have HBP, pls don't use first bank card abroad. At least not now. They r charging 243. You needed to see how shocked I was. And they charge you 420 on atm withdrawals! Yes! 420. My only saving grace now is Zenith and gtb, not saving perse, but... half bread...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 1:29am On Jul 31, 2015
Smh. Justwise see as u just let our precious thread turn to Exchange rate thread. During our own time we dare not derail the thread.
Coming now to read more than 10 pages of Gtb vs. Stanbic......it's a waste of time to us who born in the 165 =$1 era and are concerned about cheap hospitals for next project. We no care about 230 or 290 per $1. Another thread should be opened for best naija bank for PTA. grin

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Zedaii: 1:30am On Jul 31, 2015
darasimi1988:
Lwkmd. If u don't want to have HBP, pls don't use first bank card abroad. At least not now. They r charging 243. You needed to see how shocked I was. And they charge you 420 on atm withdrawals! Yes! 420. My only saving grace now is Zenith and gtb, not saving perse, but... half bread...

Whatttt??!!!! So they're steadily climbing? That is crazy. I go just dey hol my GT jejely cry smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:36am On Jul 31, 2015
Zedaii:

Whatttt??!!!! So they're steadily climbing? That is crazy. I go just dey hol my GT jejely cry smiley
Or simply open stanbic

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:39am On Jul 31, 2015
shrekandfiona:
Lol cheesy what a thread. @firsttymum, do ignore snide remarks and annoying posts jare. You are one of the few that keep this thread active.
Lesson learned .... Ignoring mode activated ... Thanks darling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:43am On Jul 31, 2015
So now banks are complaining that there's so much FEx in circulation ... Most banks will resume PTA VERY SOON. Now dem go beg us to collect PTA.

Zenith bank says they'll commence PTA soon... (At least the branch I know) because FEx in circulation is plenty...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:46am On Jul 31, 2015
shawlar:

Its just one of those their acct packages jare. U know, like savings xtra, current etc
Their exclusive acct has additional benefits and stuff attached to it but it also has very stringent conditions, like min bal of 1m etc...
Ok.. Thanks dear...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 8:14am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=FinanceFitness post=34812461]You will still need the BC for Nigerian passport from my experience, but again nothing is impossible with Nigerians. Since yours appear to be a special case, maybe you should speak to Ed and Tanko or call the Nigerian embassy directly on what your options are. Will confirm later and revert.
He

Hello finance fitness did you confirm from your friend please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 8:23am On Jul 31, 2015
Is it ok to just collect the Nigeria passport and travel with the baby back to Nigeria Then come back to process the USA passport latter or ask relative to pick up the passport and send.

Can one travel with the baby without the USA passport.

Is there anyone with the experience of processing the US passport in Nigeria
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 31, 2015
hadetola:

Is it ok to just collect the Nigeria passport and travel with the baby back to Nigeria Then come back to process the USA passport latter or ask relative to pick up the passport and send.

Can one travel with the baby without the USA passport.

Is there anyone with the experience of processing the US passport in Nigeria

A US citizen is expected to exit and enter the US on a US passport.

Do get the US passport before travelling.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 9:29am On Jul 31, 2015
@Hadetola

I can confirm my friend did this about 4yrs ago. She started processing the US passport but didn't wait for it to arrive before traveling back to Nigeria with the Nigerian passport.

But i also know about the law and all, so it may be a risk.

Processing US passport can be expedited, you may be able to get it same day, why not try that option in another state?

[quote author=hadetola post=36452083][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2015
It really doesn't work like that - the cost of collecting such cash may far outweigh the benefit or profit from selling PTA.

Also, the fact that you have cash doesn't mean it's yours and you can automatically sell. Don't forget that these cash are being held on behalf of customers who may demand it in different forms - electronic or otherwise. So most banks may be left with the option of repatriating the cash back to the US at huge costs - trust me these costs are huge - plus cost of insuring such overage that isn't earning any interest for the bank. In the past, CBN accepted these excess FX cash from banks, but they stopped it given all the fx that was in circulation during election period.

So basically a measure to moderate the level of dollarisation of the economy.

firsttymum:
So now banks are complaining that there's so much FEx in circulation ... Most banks will resume PTA VERY SOON. Now dem go beg us to collect PTA.

Zenith bank says they'll commence PTA soon... (At least the branch I know) because FEx in circulation is plenty...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by morenitemi: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=darasimi1988 post=36446678]Lwkmd. If u don't want to have HBP, pls don't use first bank card abroad. At least not now. They r charging 243. You needed to see how shocked I was. And they charge you 420 on atm withdrawals! Yes! 420. My only saving grace now is Zenith and gtb, not saving perse, but... half bread..

Pls, do you have first bank naira card or its just your normal atm card. Because I was advised to pick up a naira card yesterday which I accepted. since PTA can't be given in cash. Don't want to have HBP after leaving nig since that's the only card I will be travelling with
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by spagg56: 10:01am On Jul 31, 2015
Zenith bank says they'll commence PTA soon... (At least the branch I know) because FEx in circulation is plenty...[/quote]

zenith bank starts to give BTA/PTA next week as i heard
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 10:36am On Jul 31, 2015
What I'd give for have had it at your time as well. ..

Shawbabe:
Smh. Justwise see as u just let our precious thread turn to Exchange rate thread. During our own time we dare not derail the thread.
Coming now to read more than 10 pages of Gtb vs. Stanbic......it's a waste of time to us who born in the 165 =$1 era and are concerned about cheap hospitals for next project. We no care about 230 or 290 per $1. Another thread should be opened for best naija bank for PTA. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:39am On Jul 31, 2015
Shawbabe:

Shawbabe is right...

@All

This exchange rates debate is derailing this thread, you can have such discussion in business section, please enough.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Goldie10: 11:16am On Jul 31, 2015

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by coffeeblue(f): 11:50am On Jul 31, 2015
Hello house,

Please i would like to know if anyone has delivered her baby in Tampa, Florida who can suggest names of hospitals and doctor in the area. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jayjay4lyf: 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
firsttymum:

Branch pls

Broad street Lagos but I think it can be any branch cos they scanned my ticket and passport and said they will send to HQ and get permission to issue me. Said it takes 3-4 days so keeping my fingers crossed grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
justwise:

Shawbabe is right...

@All

This exchange rates debate is derailing this thread, you can have such discussion in business section, please enough.
But pls at least someone can mention where PTA was gotten to help other mothers ... May not discuss over and over about it... Just mention ...After all the birthing process isn't possible without money... And we also need the money at POE. Dollar isn't friendly right now... After all they discussed flights during their era.. (Cheap Dana flight)
Hope u understand our plight.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
jayjay4lyf:

Broad street Lagos but I think it can be any branch cos they scanned my ticket and passport and said they will send to HQ and get permission to issue me. Said it takes 3-4 days so keeping my fingers crossed grin
ok thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
firsttymum:

But pls at least someone can mention where PTA was gotten to help other mothers ... After all the birthing process isn't possible without money... And we also need the money at POE. Dollar isn't friendly right now...
Hope u understand our plight.

before they block / ban you bera comply grin *runs away*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
justwise:

Shawbabe is right...

@All

Na wa oohh...

The whip has been cracked...
see as shawbabe just report us to class captain.

@shawbabe: I sure say u b 1 of those gals wey dey write names of noise-makers for teacher wen u dey pri school... abi?? grin cheesy wink
.... we go jam for playground... cheesy grin

@justwise: Oga sir, I hope the PTA Ultimate Search discussion can be continued here sha

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
hotmummy2015:

before they block / ban you bera comply grin *runs away*
Runs after you....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
HELP!!!
firsttymum:

I've not decided o... I'm leaving in September...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
What's the problem?

SleekChingy:
HELP!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
SleekChingy:
HELP!!!

Honey sugar pie

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
#teamhouston #teamoctober/November mamas and papas

Raise ur hand

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.