Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891524 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Apple19: 6:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
mama32015:

Hi.
I am also a February mum. I plan to use West Houston medical center as well. DO you already have an accommodation?

Pls kindly give me more info about this West Houston. Didnt get their on their website. How did you contact them PLS.

Also a Feb mum
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oyin15: 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hello beautiful people, I got into the US on Sunday via JFK with my 3year old. POE was hassle free. I was asked my purpose and I told them vacation and childbirth. He asked how much I had on me and I told him.It was below $10000 so I wasn't to declare. All he said was congratulations and make sure you pay your bills. Sent to agriculture but my bag wasn't checked and I was free to go. Glory to God. Now waiting for my 1st appointment. Thanks a lot for all the help and info

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 1sttimemom: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
geeteeai:
@ ex elpaso mums/dads,

is there a way to escape getting consent letter from father of child notorised from embassy for baby's passport since elpaso passport agency insist on it .
This is especially more tedious for those families that don't reside in Abuja or Lagos where the consulates are.
nope it has to be from the consulate.so wen u put 2 bed ur hubby has 2 travel down to d nearest consulte whether lagos or abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jacklenst: 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
[quote author=trendivaa post=37628527]Great! It is necessary to explore all alternatives jare. I sent two emails now to Dr Fagbohun but not received a response yet. Hopefully he responds today. In the meantime can you forward the quote you received to my email (iyawoade01@gmail.com) Also contacted Dr Glen Morgan and only gave Dr's fees so will need to contact Houston NW Medical center for remaining fees. Accommodation will be decided after I conclude doc/hosp plans although I am also considering In town as it appears to be my cheapest option at the moment ( compared prices with precious cedars

Will keep you posted if I find anything more reasonable

KINDLY ALSO FORWARD THE QUOTES TO ME....I INTEND TO USE THE SAME HOSPITAL
MY email: jacklens336@yahoo.com.
February bound.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jacklenst: 7:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
kindly assist in forwarding any quote from houston hospitals, and doctors to me (jacklens336@yahoo.com)
My wife is feb. bound.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oyin15: 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
Experienced mamas and papas in the house. Pls I hav some quick questions. I would appreciate if anyone can answer them.
1) Wats the best bank to open an account with. The capital one near my hosts's is asking for tax I'd or utility bill with my name on it which I don't have
2) For those that travelled with toddlers what did u do with them when u went for ur doctors appointments.
Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bachangel: 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
Oyin15:
Experienced mamas and papas in the house. Pls I hav some quick questions. I would appreciate if anyone can answer them.
1) Wats the best bank to open an account with. The capital one near my hosts's is asking for tax I'd or utility bill with my name on it which I don't have
2) For those that travelled with toddlers what did u do with them when u went for ur doctors appointments.
Thanks in advance

1. Bank of America, Chase Bank, US Bank...are the foreigner friendly Banks. You can check Phema's post on her experience with one or two of them. They usually require a second form of ID e.g Driver's license in addition to your Passport.

2. No idea!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oyin15: 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bestnews: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
1st available date14th October for us visa interview appointment
log on now and book.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bestnews: 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
bestnews:
1st available date14th October for Abuja us visa interview appointment
log on now and book.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dtush(f): 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
ozycy:
@ dtush, have you travelled? Any info on the birth center you talked about?

Just got to Houston. I decided against using the birth center but a nairaland mama is going ahead with it. We are going dere tomorrow. Will give u an update

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
Uptown17

Google studio apartments... A lot of people used that.
A link was posted by Fizzywah d accommodation is very cheap.

Have u considered El Paso, their accommodation seem more friendly..
What's ur budget for a month rent ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
D only way u can do dat is if u r the only parent on the child birth certificate....worked for me. U can Google dat as well.

geeteeai:
@ ex elpaso mums/dads,

is there a way to escape getting consent letter from father of child notorised from embassy for baby's passport since elpaso passport agency insist on it .
This is especially more tedious for those families that don't reside in Abuja or Lagos where the consulates are.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
dtush:

Just got to Houston. I decided against using the birth center but a nairaland mama is going ahead with it. We are going dere tomorrow. Will give u an update
Ook, waiting for the update. Which doctor and accomodation did you finally settle for?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by silverplum: 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
bestnews:
1st available date14th October for us visa interview appointment
log on now and book.

Finally!!
You r lucky oo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oyin15: 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
Someone dat travelled with a toddler pls help me out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 10:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
I travelled with my mum in law too, so basically left them when I go for appointment.

However, based on watching mums that travelled with toddlers alone, here are the options they used:

- take the toddler with them
- take the toddler to a daycare centre
- got nanny for those days
- leave the toddler with a fellow preggy - particularly if you live in an apartment and already made friends - most people often use this.

Oyin15:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yes she can. I've used both cities:

Elpaso accepts only embassy notorised consent form whilst Houston accepts any notary public. Any notary will do in Houston. Was at their office this Monday with my random notarized form and I have my passport. However, though my husband came to Elpaso last year, everyone had to go to the embassy after delivery for the accepted one.

ozycy:

Are you saying she can use the form not notarised at the embassy for processing baby's passport in Houston? Pls let's throw more light on this if you ve recently used any notary apart from the embassy and used it successfully to obtain baby's passport.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
What do u need

Oyin15:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Razi555: 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
who much will i pay for a c- section in WHMC in Houston (total bill) after discount
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oyin15: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
Thanks @finance fitness. @ olokings I was asking Wat to do with my toddler wen I go for my appointments in case I need to have internal exams or scans done cos d boy restless small
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Aniya29: 11:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
Udumeme:

My thoughts exactly! This issue of circumcision has given me sleepless nights!! undecided I have resolved to carry a picture of a well circumcised 'kini' to my delivery to forestall any reworking caused by corner kick circumcision. Gbam!!!
please dear how will I no my baby kini was not done very well as am scared as am reading people complaining here oh.please oh make I no Abel sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ooh ok.
If u ve someone with u, they can stay back with em..or you may ve to check out the set up of ur doc office if dey accommodate toddlers. ...some don't n some do...
It's just particular top location. ..
Buh I saw someone posted other options such as neighbors n fellow preggies. ....
Finance fitness dealt with it better.

Oyin15:
Thanks @finance fitness. @ olokings I was asking Wat to do with my toddler wen I go for my appointments in case I need to have internal exams or scans done cos d boy restless small
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 12:43am On Sep 04, 2015
I am so grateful to God for coming across this wonderful thread...Many selfless people here, God bless you all.
I specially want to thank those that posted their negative experiences so we learn and not fall victims, not everyone is this kind...For Nef,Modath, and on Ochio.....lol can't remem the posters name that was sent back sometime back from Chicago, I thank u all @tvegas,
Phema, Olokings(ur last min advice), beryl, gosh! Can't type all ur names here but thanks for ur tips

Had my visa b4 I was preg, used it alrdy but I did all d necessary things..
Chose JFK as POE, used AF/Delta from Abj-Paris-JFK-Chi, got fit to fly from ports health after the one from my Dr was checked, paid 2k
Flew in at 33weeks 3days not really showing so CBP didn't knw I was preg

Asked for my passport and boarding pass, after which he asked for address of where il be staying, as I was about bringing it out from my bag he said never mind I see it on ur landing card.

He then asked to verify the amount I declared I answered in the affirmative and asked why I was travelling with such cash, so I said I was here for holiday and childbirth to pay all my hospital bills. He said he's sure I've contacted hospital and Dr and I said yes, was about giving him the letter and he said NO, never mind.
Asked if it was my first childbirth, and I said yes.

Asked what I do in Nig and hubby and I answered, so he said u want to give ur baby the best healthcare unlike what's in Nigeria yea? He was looking at me and smiling and I said yes..
Just said submit ur card on ur way out and have a wonderful stay, just looked at my passport and saw the stamp til March 2016..

I give all thanks and glory to God, I had all my docs imma handbag but nothing was checked, no secondary inspection or seizure, money was not recounted also..
Resting

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dtush(f): 2:50am On Sep 04, 2015
ozycy:

Ook, waiting for the update. Which doctor and accomodation did you finally settle for?

Oakbend. Dr Adaiah Ezekiel

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by koko83: 2:50am On Sep 04, 2015
Oyin15 @ oyin 15 re u in newyork? You can actually for your appointment with your child now

post=37648657:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 3:50am On Sep 04, 2015
Congratulations onyi15. Thk God for a successful POE.

As regard your baby while not call the doctor office and know their stance on you carrying ur baby along for appointment.

For me I went with my kids but hubby was arround with them. They have gone back. Subsequently I went alone. It's a little differ from your case.

Just call ur Dr office my own opinion sha.

Oyin15:
Hello beautiful people, I got into the US on Sunday via JFK with my 3year old. POE was hassle free. I was asked my purpose and I told them vacation and childbirth. He asked how much I had on me and I told him.It was below $10000 so I wasn't to declare. All he said was congratulations and make sure you pay your bills. Sent to agriculture but my bag wasn't checked and I was free to go. Glory to God. Now waiting for my 1st appointment. Thanks a lot for all the help and info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 5:07am On Sep 04, 2015
jinggles:
Hello Nairalanders,
How are you guys doing today, Does anyone know how long it takes to get baby passport and documents in Tennessee.

Thanks
Got the Birth certificate 6weeks after birth in Tennessee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oyin15: 5:39am On Sep 04, 2015
koko83:
[/quote][quote author=koko83 post=37650441]
Thanks for your reply people. God bless. Yes I'm in New York. Intend using Mercy Medical Centre. Got info frm ewa 2015. Bless her as wyckoff is about 50 mins from my aunt. Waiting for my appointment
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oyin15: 5:42am On Sep 04, 2015
Will call the hospital to ask as you suggested as I'm here alone for now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:46am On Sep 04, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Yes she can. I've used both cities: Any notary will do in Houston. Was at their office this Monday with my random notarized form and I have my passport
Thanks for the clarification. Let me run and notarise my own here before porting and be hopeful it will be accepted as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yesmum: 6:12am On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=Oyin15 post=37641246]Experienced mamas and papas in the house. Pls I hav some quick questions. I would appreciate if anyone can answer them.

For me bank of America, I only used my international passport to open d account and second question no idea

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.