Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891146 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:34am On Oct 03, 2015
[
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:57am On Oct 03, 2015
tteam:
My visa was cancelled with a 5 year ban.
Oh! I replied before I saw ur reply.
My dear! The advice I'll give u is to sit it out till the ban expires. Then u reapply. Misrepresentation is serz. What will your defence be? U lied shikena. That is the very definition of Misrepresentation. Its not like regular punishment wherein u show u have been rehabilitated. U show them u are changed after u have served out the 5 year ban. I'm sorry if I sound blunt or rude biko o!
Lawyer will take the matter from u to just wackis ur money. I know. That's my job (but I no de wackis people money o! Lol)

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bestnews: 7:07am On Oct 03, 2015
Gurus in the House my application was placed on Administrative processing since 19th September in abuja
what can I do to fast track the completion to enable me visit my wife, she just delivered and needs me in the US.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 7:42am On Oct 03, 2015
Congrats @Shawler and Bestnews! Come to think it, kpekus same day/night, same hospital and same Doctor, shuuuu! Who hold torch for the other? tongue tongue shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2015
Genieee:
Humble Greetings members. Pls do we have mum in the house using Doctoresparati services for delivery between January and February 2016?
I am leaving for El Paso between 12 or 15 December 2015. Pls I need to hook up to any expectant mum traveling with in this period for pairing. Pls I need the house assistant on this urgently.
My mail is acted3@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 8:14am On Oct 03, 2015
tteam:
So, i have been hesistant posting my bad experience, but who knows where help can come from.
So it goes thus:
During my visa renewal interview(been to the US before)i denied being pregnant.
(Hadnt come across this thread then)
Fast forward to months later, very slim me with a huge bump at 32 weeks decides to birth in houston.
The cbp officer asks why am here, i say birthing n vac. He said why did i deny being pregnant and sends me in for secondary questioning.
I spent 24 hours there, wasnt allowed to contact my family in the us or 9ja. Paying my docs fee in full didnt help.
I was jst sent back, my visa cancelled and no chance to withdraw my application by myself. They called it misrepresentation of a matrrial fact.
So i kuku come back to port harcourt, had my adorable son and weve been fine.
So thats my story. And all this was in 2013
Now 2nd missionary journey is close. Anyone with ideas on how i am suppose to right this wrong?
@popri, @firsttymum, @ all the gurus here.....
Show me that posting my story here wasnt in vain.
Thanks. .

@tteam sorry about your ordeal. My advise to you is to wait out the ban. My sister had a similar experience too but hers was cancelled without a ban (she used medic aid for her first but paid for the second) She got a lawyer and got another visa almost immediately.
In your case it was misrepresentation. If I were you and I had TIME and money, I will speedily apply for Canadian visa as that's your best option of getting dual citizenship for your unborn.
If you decide to fight it, just have it at the back of your mind that's the chances of winning the appeal is slim. The lawyers in the house please give your professional advise.
All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2015
Please how does zero balance look like?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 8:33am On Oct 03, 2015
Please how does zero balance looks like?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adebuble(f): 9:19am On Oct 03, 2015
Larondoo22:
wen a u coming,there is o
akbend medical center n whmc

Pls is whmc same as northwest medical center in houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uchetobi(f): 9:47am On Oct 03, 2015
tteam:
My visa was cancelled with a 5 year ban.

Tteam. I remember you from 2013. How were you able to confirm you had a ban? I will say apply again. Be honest and apologetic.... You never can tell

A friend was in a similar situation, she was deported from iah because she used Medicaid for her first child but I dunno if she was banned sha

But she got her visa by being honest and apologetic

When filling your form when u tick yes for previous deportation there is space to explain so explain in that space as if you were talking face to face with the vo

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twingirls: 10:47am On Oct 03, 2015
[quote author=uptown17 post=38613182]today 6.30am in lagos
myself, DH, my toddler, and sis inlaw went there.

Congrats, Dats define favour, awaiting a successful poe and birth story
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twingirls: 10:52am On Oct 03, 2015
shawlar:

Thanks alot @twingirls. Ur interview will be a success. Wishing you divine favour.

AMEN
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by julzz(f): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2015
Hi everyone, here goes my poe story. Flew united to houston on 1st oct landed 5am their time
Cbp- what brings you to US.
Me- vacation and to have my baby.
Cbp- types on system and says stand aside someone will come and get you. Another officer came and took me for more questioning. (sat and waited till I was called by a black officer)
Cbp- Sit down,so what are you here for.
Me- vacation and to have my baby.
Cbp- you can not be vacationing and also having a baby, vacation is going to the beach,club blab blab....so come out straight with me.
Me- Since baby is not due till nov,i was going to sight see....
Cbp- cuts me, you are to have a baby,cos I can see that already (looking at his system)
Me- (smiles)ok, im here to have my baby.
Cbp- better,so why did you choose to have your baby here?
Me- because US ranks top in obstetric care(got that line on Nairaland).
Cbp- (looks at my passport) but you were born in Nigeria in 198- and i know since you were born till date, the health care there must have improved.
Me- I just want the best for my baby.
Cbp- No,you want the citizenship for you baby that's your primary reason .
Me- No,that's my secondary reason,i want the best health care for us.
Cbp- can I have your dr paper.
Me- hands over doctoresparati paper.
Cbp- why elpaso and not houston, I've never been to that place.
Me - that's where I found a dr.
Cbp - how did you find him.
Me- found him online, he's got nice reviews.
Cbp- oh please,i can start a business now,and tell my colleagues to put in nice reviews for me.
Me - Really!!!
Cbp- calls doctoresparati but no response. Asks for accommodation.
Me- gave him intown suites reservation confirmation page.
Cbp -is this a hotel.
Me- sort of.
Cbp- calls intown suites,(they picked but said the person said he can confirm my reservation untill 11am when office is open,he then him on phone what kind of hotel office doesn't open until 11am,the guy explained is weekly rental apartments kinda off, from what I could understand from their conversation) he then looks at my landing card and saw food items I declared it was plenty and asked me if I can cook there?
Me- yes, I can.
Cbp-ok,how much do you have on you.
Me- $10,450
Cbp- can I see it.
Me- gave him the money,and he counted it and gave it back (but in my mind I keep saying,this man you've got nothing on me,i wasn't nervous one bit,cos I expected it from all I've read here)
Cbp- make sure you keep all receipts of services you receive cos you'll be asked for it the next time you are here, stamps me in 6months, and gave me my passport.
Me- thank you.
Off I go to declare my money, agriculture seized my rice. Anyways that's my story, thanks to Nairaland for confidence building, love you all. Meanwhile met another mum on my flight going to his grace lodge,and a man we entered same cab to intown suites, his wife was already here.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
Nasadiva:
Congrats @Shawler and Bestnews! Come to think it, kpekus same day/night, same hospital and same Doctor, shuuuu! Who hold torch for the other? tongue tongue shocked shocked
Lmfao.... Hahhahahahhaaha

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
bestnews:
Gurus in the House my application was placed on Administrative processing since 19th September in abuja
what can I do to fast track the completion to enable me visit my wife, she just delivered and needs me in the US.
send an email to them or call.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2015
This hook up and plan together I keep reading... I hope you guys are careful o...

I don't know how people plan birthing together... I understand hook up... Or even sharing accommodation.

aside being careful... Planning about Coming here and how to go about it shld basically b Btw u nd ur husband or wife not btw u and a stranger.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
Congratulations Julzz

The cbp guy don tire to hear vacation and birthing lol.
He must b a blunt man who likes blunt answers.

We thank God for the victory jare... We give God the glory

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by aolatunde00: 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
firsttymum:
Congratulations Julzz

The cbp guy don tire to hear vacation and birthing lol.
He must b a blunt man who likes blunt answers.

We thank God for the victory jare... We give God the glory

Lol at the man been tired of childbirth and vacation.same thing my cbp observed too.

Cbp;what are u here for?
Me;vacation and childbirth
Cbp;you mean you came for childbirth?
I just humbly say Yes.no need sugar coating the obvious.
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Peebles23(f): 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]
firsttymum:
This hook up and plan together I keep reading... I hope you guys are careful o...

I don't know how people plan birthing together... I understand hook up... Or even sharing accommodation.

aside being careful... Planning about Coming here and how to go about it shld basically b Btw u nd ur husband or wife not btw u and a stranger.

U right firsttymum we are nijas oooo hope this Pple are not forgetting grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 1:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
aolatunde00:

Lol at the man been tired of childbirth and vacation.same thing my cbp observed too.

Cbp;what are u here for?
cheesy

Iv always wondered why people say vacation and child birth

Thank God for journey mercies and favor
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tteam(f): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
Thanks all for all the contributions.
@uchetobi. I was told outrightly of the ban
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
Adebuble:

Pls is whmc same as northwest medical center in houston.

No they are different whmc is west houston medical center while HNMC is houston northwest medical center.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
I always stay with shopping and baby...

favoredgal:

Iv always wondered why people say vacation and child birth

Thank God for journey mercies and favor

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2015
congrats to all the new mums and dad!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
Not surE there's any point 'fighting' this, that if there's really anything to fight. If you've been banned, just wait it out and go back after 5yrs. My neighbor was banned for 10yrs in 2002 for using medicaid and she eventually got a visa again last year.

As someone else suggested, maybe you should consider Canada.

tteam:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Cuteaidomo: 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
Genieee:
Humble Greetings members. Pls do we have mum in the house using Doctoresparati services for delivery between January and February 2016?
I am leaving for El Paso between 12 or 15 December 2015. Pls I need to hook up to any expectant mum traveling with in this period for pairing. Pls I need the house assistant on this urgently.
My mail is acted3@yahoo.co.uk

Hi genie, I am a January/February mum using doctorespati. Will be traveling first week of dec. we can hook up pls.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
tteam:
I'm sure this is the 1st thing the VO will ask/tell you if you go 4 an interview. Jst wait out the ban, no need to waste money on applying till its over. Try d canadian option instead

Congratz to Babsfrey, julz and uptown17.. Expecting more goodnews.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
firsttymum:
Uptown17 congratulations.... Unto d next
@popri, firstyymum shawlar, thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
Cuteaidomo:

Hi genie, I am a January/February mum using doctorespati. Will be traveling first week of dec. we can hook up pls.

Happy to hear this Cuteaidomo. Pls email me on acted3@yahoo.co.uk or geniajesus@gmail.com

Gladly waiting for your response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bestnews: 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2015
@firsttymum You are such a humourous personality.
Thanks for the Comic relief you are bringing to this forum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2015
@firstymum @nasadiva please which of the intown suites do you see as the closest to dr. adaiah ezekiel. ( where one will be going for antenatal)
i dont have her postcode so me cant google .....please advise

thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2015
uptown17:
@firstymum @nasadiva please which of the intown suites do you see as the closest to dr. adaiah ezekiel. ( where one will be going for antenatal)
i dont have her postcode so me cant google .....please advise

thank you
bestnews:
@firsttymum You are such a humourous personality.
Thanks for the Comic relief you are bringing to this forum.
no b small comic relief... Lol... Pregnancy comes with different hormones... I guess mine came with the "humorous hormone" lol
Peebles23:
[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]
U right firsttymum we are nijas oooo hope this Pple are not forgetting grin
exactly...
aolatunde00:

Cbp;what are u here for?
cheesy
abi o... I like the shopping for my baby and childbirth better... Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.