Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891596 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by effectsbaby: 7:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nita2013:
thanks for pointin that out. That's y I stated in one of my previous post that I cud not remember if Chigoziri was asked durin her interview or not.

Anyway lots of advice has been given on the issue so she can think it tru and follow her heart not forgetting to pray very well too

I also recall she lives in a west African country other than Nigeria. The visa was cancelled at the embassy over there. Not to say rules are less stringent in Nigeria, but the response you receive here days it's not illegal to birth in US. Just ensure bills are paid and no recourse to public funds
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oas99(f): 7:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
Y are u stressing yourself sef. There's always a way out grin
fayemzbaba:
Urmmmm... to be honest I am very confused as to what to do.

Though her destination is Dallas Fort Worth, I had this concern about the POE experience and considering her history with ATL POE. The ATL story goes thus, she had already gone past the initial CBP officer but was randomly picked after entry and in the process wrongly answered a tricky question ( she wasn't employed then, this was in June 2013) and they prolly felt she was coming to work in the US illegally or something. But after long hours of questioning and clarification, she was freed and continued to DFW where her aunt resides.

Clearly, February to May is very short and like someone rightfully said, she should prolly leave in another 2-3weeks! Pheeew!!! (My head dey hot!!).

I am stuck with this 50-50 scenario of sending a letter to the embassy and just taking chances at the POE (though she'd have all the docs, evidence of funds and burden of proof on her).

I really can't mention everyone who has commented on this case but I wanna thank everyone for their respective opinions. I will update the house on the next line of action (after much prayer and supplication).

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
lalavita:
Yes you can apply for B1/B2 via Dropbox.
Since your first time of using the visa will be childbirth, you can include medical info on the form. This is what @oluwafunkenny did and she got her dropbox renewal easily.

alternatively, you can just write 'vacation' which is technically true.

The choice is yours But I would go with option 1.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I guess I will work with option 1 and keep my fingers crossed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oas99(f): 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
Check drafrica's post on the last thread
oas99:
Y are u stressing yourself sef. There's always a way out grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
happytbaby:
Renew by drop box. You can send email if you like. (not compulsory, just have your documentation when travelling, carry any document u can

Medical/Tourism....same B1/B2 visa, if you have B2 or B1/B2, you can renew by drop box. if its B1 you have, please apply for one of the two i mentioned, you will be directed to book appointment for interview once you are applying for a different class of visa. Even if you go for interview, you will be fine, just be prepared.

Thanks a lot for your response. I have the B1/B2 so will just renew by drop box.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MrMandilas: 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nkem234:

USD/$
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
FinanceFitness:
I think you should just apply for a typical B1/B2 visa. You can then include details of your plan in your form. Your contact, duration of stay and additional information can also be provided.

Though you won't be allowed to include additional documents, the embassy can call you for interview if required.

If you are worried about being denied, then you can apply for the normal tourist one, travel and reuse it.

Honesty is really the best, so I will recommend number 1. A friend was called for an interview and they apologized for all the trouble, told her it was a random selection. They reviewed her documents and issued her a visa.

All the best.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I have decided to go with option 1 and renew by drop box since I currently have a B1/B2 visa. So fingers crossed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
sayoberry:

His office in sugarland

Tnx sayoberry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
PrinceAdeAde:

He has 4 locations he consults from and he consults on different dates at these locations:2 in Richmond,1 in Sugarland and 1 is Houston. You can see the addresses in the pdf he sends to you advising of the self pay break down.
My wife checked the distnace of each location to her apartment via google maps and opted for the closest which was a 10 minutes drive.

Tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
Dkbb:
@kizluv(f):Hospital name Missouri baptist hospital , st Loius, missouri.

How are u doing & baby? I sent u PM but no response from u. I would like to have more details on Baptist hospital in Missouri, can I also have Dr. Timothy's email address. kindly send me a mail or PM me and I would respond. Thanks Sis

I have answered over 35 people on NL, not just once , but back and forth, people here can testify, if I dint answer you it probably cos I must have opened it and forgot to reply immediately or I was busy.
None of the doctors have email. I got the hospital number from Google
Doctor - (314) 432-3669
Hospital - 
(314) 996-5000 ask for financials, they would send you a scanned copy of the package i posted on NL. Check my earlier thread for the zoomed in version of the maternity package, you would see a direct number to call the financial councelor. Study their website too, they have alot of information too. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Dammiehar(f): 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
fruitfull1:
Can someone please help me with names of doctors in Houston that does vbac. From there response I got from Dr fagbohun and ziworitin, I felt they do vbac. Was told at Dr. Z's office that they don't. Please help a sister.

I sent you a pm and I have not gotten any reply from you. I am also going for VBAC in Texas, I was in the US last month to see the doctor and he is going ahead with it. I will be leaving in three weeks time as I am due in May. The prices are very affordable, get in touch pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Trk2013: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Dammiehar:

Hello,
I just sent you a pm.

I sent you a pm and I have not gotten any reply from you. I am also going for VBAC in Texas, I was in the US last month to see the doctor and he is going ahead with it. I will be leaving in three weeks time as I am due in May. The prices are very affordable, get in touch pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by VGirls: 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
Goodevening my E family
I want to share my experience in other to be of help,been delaying cos its a long one .we(hubby and me) had previously appiled for a B1/B2 visa in jan 2013 and during the interveiw the VO asked us if in the course of the 2yrs visa if we will give birth in the US,hubby answered that he is indifferent about it and i told the visa officer anything can happen and he granted us the visa.
By june i travelled and had my baby in august,@ the poe wen asked purpose of visit i said vacation/holiday was stamped in 6mnths.
Now on my 2nd missionary journey with a visa that expired in jan 2015,we appiled for renewal via drop box and behold we were invited to the embassy

Interview goes thus
VO- hello hw r u 2day
Us-we r fine and u
VO-having headache
Us-so sorry,u need to rest
VO-laughin cant rest cos am workin 4u
Us-we all laughed
VO-(directly to me now) wen las were u in US? And hw long did u stay?
ME-june 2013,stayed for abt 98days
VO- what were u doin der for so long
Me - havin fun
VO- did u give birth in the US
Me -yes
Vo-why did u mention it wen i asked wot u were doin der 4so long
Me-cos i wanted u to be d' one 2ask me abt birthin in Us cos i cant put the cart
b4 d' horse
Vo-laughin u r smart
Hubby-yea i am an auditor so we know hw dis tins work( all laughin now)
Vo-u had ur baby in aug (countin d'months wit his fingers) n'u got ur visa in jan,so u were pregnant and u didnt tell d'vo wen he asked u durin ur las interview
Me-no1, i didn't know i wz pregnant cos as u can see i wz almost one month gone,been married since aug and we ve been tryin,more over my monthlys were not steady.no2 we told d'vo then dat we r indifferent abt birthing in d'us and dat anytin can happen
Vo- its recorded on d'system by ur then vo dat u said no to dat question
Us-dats not true dis wz our reply
Vo-y did u decide to ve ur baby in d'us?
Me-cos on gettin to d'us,my sister inlaw saw a cheap hospital for $4k and since i had d'money had to use d'hosiptal
Vo-ok,do u ve ur reciepts?
Me-yes(presnted them to him)
Vo-(goin thru it) wz dis all d'bill u paid
Me -yes
Vo-then y do u ve a mail here apart from d'reciepts of a 0bal?
Me-cos i ended up havin a c-section so i incurred additional bills which i paid up from nigeria here so d'mail wz to clear me dat i ve a 0bal wit dem
Vo-y did u pay from nigeria?
Me-cos i feel its necessary hence i ve d'money.
Vo-dats gud(left wit my bill to go discuss wit his next colleque) so hw much did u pay in total?
Me-abt $6500
Vo-discussed a while wit colleque on my bill then came sat down,typed on his system for a while then leanin on his chick and lookin @ us
Me-hw long ve u been in nig?
Vo-since dec 2014
Me -which nija food do u eat?
Vo-laughin egusi
Me -u eat eba?
Vo-yea we all laughed
Vo- i ve approved ur visas but pls next time wen u come for dis,jus lay it out for vo
Vo-will u be using dis visa for medical purpose?
Me- i sure will be usin it 4medical purpose durin dis 2yrs,i ve a gud hospital and i enjoyed der services,i also ve been contactin d'billing person over der she gave me her personnal nos so i intend usin dem again
Vo-ok pick up ur visas on monday,we r issuin u ur visas here but know dat its usually d'immigration over der dat determines ur enterin d'us and ur stay duration.
Us-ok we know (all laughin now)
And we left,it ws a long interview which lasted for abt 20mins

Pls i hope my stating to use d' visa for medical purposes as well covers givin birth in the us?

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by fruitfull1: 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=Dammiehar post=31306969]
Oh. Thanks I'll check now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by customised87: 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nita2013:
My immediate elder sis had a 2yrs US visa that expired without usin it. She renewed via dropbox and was issued another 2yrs alongside her family. This she did December last year as she is heavily pregnant and plans birth in Houston usin Dr. Fagbohun.

We thought about informin d embassy but on a second thought I told her not to cos even if she renewed via dropbox, she should av used maybe d doctor as contact in d US but she refused. But I told her to avoid houston cos there is high probability of sending her back.

She went tru Dallas and it was stress free even with d big tummy in front of her cos she said she told d cbp officer she was there to av her baby.

So it's a 50/50 thing

Hello,did her family members also have expired visas that made them qualify for the dropbox?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MrMandilas: 11:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=Trk2013 post=31307898][/quote] What is VBAC?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nkem234: 11:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
MrMandilas:
What is VBAC?

vaginal birth after cesarean
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 12:59am On Mar 05, 2015
Yes dear herself, hubby and 2 kids.

customised87:

Hello,did her family members also have expired visas that made them qualify for the dropbox?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 3:41am On Mar 05, 2015
Hello all. Just delivered my twins at oak bend medical center thru c.s. a boy and a girl

62 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 3:56am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:
Hello all. Just delivered my twins at oak bend medical center thru c.s. a boy and a girl

Congrats dearie! God is faithful. I'm sure you must be at d hospital when I popped in .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ritdan: 4:22am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:

Wow! Congratulations!!! Thank God for safe delivery. God's blessings to you and your babies..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:24am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:

Jst yday u wanted to fast forward to awadth!!

Congrats, iya ibeji!
Ds is aweome news
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 4:33am On Mar 05, 2015
feddy27:

Congrats dearie! God is faithful. I'm sure you must be at d hospital when I popped in .
Really... Na me be one small girl wey dem dey wheel up and down.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by weaseloo: 5:00am On Mar 05, 2015
Praise God with me my people. My daughter's delivery was very successful! Dr. La is a great doctor and the hospital staff were superb. It is a world of difference between the birth of my first at Park Plaza Hospital and this experience. When you walk into WHMC you would think it was a hotel, beautiful.

I dealt with two ladies on accommodation issue, though I ended up not using either because I am renting/leasing. But the two Soul Care and Pampered Care I would say are kind and very serious minded. The locations and setting they had did not work for me.

I also came here to ask for a car rental service. Again, I ended up not renting a car. Someone was recommended to me. He basically drove me around to where ever I needed to go at an agreed cost which was cheaper than Uber and of course the Yellow Cab. I would use him if I have to go somewhere far and then use Uber for nearer journeys. I met a few Nigerians using the Uber service, one of them prayed for me and baby. Really interesting. There was one Uber driver that carried me from walmart. The guy simply opened his truck and started the journey. He did not even bother to help me load my shopping into his truck. You will meet all sorts! The variety is what interests me. I also met one Mohammed from Afghanistan. If I tell you I was not scared, I will be joking. I simply kept my cool till I got to my destination & just thanked my God! Lol.

I got a few discounts. For the Pathology paid like: $70; Hearing Test: $163 (half price); Surgical Assistant: $200. Just ask for a discount, you never know, they may have concessions.

Now in the process of getting baby's papers together. I have a question though. I have just called BA to add my daughter to my booking. My question is that I hope I will not have any problems with immigration and whether or not I got a return ticket for her. Please any mum that has returned to Nija via BA, did you have such an experience or not?

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Larondoo22: 5:27am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:
congratulations ooo,the latest iya Ibeji in town.how wus ur xperience at oakbend?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Larondoo22: 5:35am On Mar 05, 2015
weaseloo:
Praise God with me my people. My daughter's delivery was very successful! Dr. La is a great doctor and the hospital staff were superb. It is a world of difference between the birth of my first at Park Plaza Hospital and this experience. When you walk into WHMC you would think it was a hotel, beautiful.

I dealt with two ladies on accommodation issue, though I ended up not using either because I am renting/leasing. But the two Soul Care and Pampered Care I would say are kind and very serious minded. The locations and setting they had did not work for me.

Congrats my brother
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 5:51am On Mar 05, 2015
Congrats oh. God be praised.

sayoberry:

Really... Na me be one small girl wey dem dey wheel up and down.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 5:51am On Mar 05, 2015
Congratulations!

No, you won't have issues with return ticket on BA, I'm assuming you are referring to your newborn?

You have excellent reviews of WHMC and Dr La, how much did it cost in total and for which type of birth? Please include pead cost as well. Thank you very much

weaseloo:

I also came here to ask for a car rental service. Again, I ended up not renting a car. Someone was recommended to me. He basically drove me around to where ever I needed to go at an agreed cost which was cheaper than Uber and of course the Yellow Cab. I would use him if I have to go somewhere far and then use Uber for nearer journeys. I met a few Nigerians using the Uber service, one of them prayed for me and baby. Really interesting. There was one Uber driver that carried me from walmart. The guy simply opened his truck and started the journey. He did not even bother to help me load my shopping into his truck. You will meet all sorts! The variety is what interests me. I also met one Mohammed from Afghanistan. If I tell you I was not scared, I will be joking. I simply kept my cool till I got to my destination & just thanked my God! Lol.

I got a few discounts. For the Pathology paid like: $70; Hearing Test: $163 (half price); Surgical Assistant: $200. Just ask for a discount, you never know, they may have concessions.

Now in the process of getting baby's papers together. I have a question though. I have just called BA to add my daughter to my booking. My question is that I hope I will not have any problems with immigration and whether or not I got a return ticket for her. Please any mum that has returned to Nija via BA, did you have such an experience or not?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 5:53am On Mar 05, 2015
Congrats dear and thank God for safe delivery. Hope you have all the help you may need.

sayoberry:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by weaseloo: 5:58am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:

Congrats Sayo! Double double o!!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by weaseloo: 5:59am On Mar 05, 2015
Larondoo22:
Congrats my brother

I am not a man o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 6:24am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:
congrats dear, our God is Awesome

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.