Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891664 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=nefertitiram post=32975417][/quote]

Please we are counting on you on hospitals that aren't expensive in chicago
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
sucre26:

Please we are counting on you on hospitals that aren't expensive in chicago

Hehehehe, abi counting on me to confirm or disprove that there may be a stroke of luck that a cheaper option exists in chicago.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kodylicky(f): 3:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hello People,

I have been reading through this thread and i must admit it has a whole lot of info.

i will like to use a hospital in LA California but there seem to be very little info.

Please can someone recommend an affordable hospital/doctor in LA pleassssseee.

I am seriously hoping on u guys.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twizzie: 4:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
My Dear, I flew Delta Last Dec with my infant and I did not pay shishi.. I mean no dollar at all and I still carried 10kg for him.. How it happened still baffles me but let me give you what I think might have saved me.. Get the baby's Naija passport if you can..That way, you can request that they just upload baby's data on your own ticket..
Also, don't bother contacting them now..Just go to the airport and inform them of your intentions..
I went with my toddler and my mum.. my toddler;s ticket was on mine so I just told the lady I wanted to purchase for my baby on my mom's ticket.. She told me since the baby is below two, I didn't need to. I told her that it wasn't just a local flight as I will be flying to Lagos from Atlanta.. She said it doesn't matter. I kuku kept quiet and asked her to help print out boarding pass for both JFK-ATL and ATL-LOS...
I also asked if I was entitled to a bag for my baby as I had one and she said sure..Maybe she was tired o, or she was new, I really don't know but God did it.. She went to ask her supervisor and that one was already oohing and aahing on my sons with my mum..She just took the thing, printed it out and wowza! we were on our way...
Morale of the Story? Let the spirit lead you.

Shawbabe:
Hello house,

Sorry to anyone that has sent me emails/PM. I am taking care of two babies (husband and my child lol). Pls I will respond in time. kiss

Biko to those who flew Delta or Air france, make una give me inside expo on booking infant ticket back to Naija. These people are quoting $435 for a one-way ticket to me shocked.

At this rate, I go leave this American baby here go naija oh abeg make una help me

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
nefertitiram:

Hehehehe, abi counting on me to confirm or disprove that there may be a stroke of luck that a cheaper option exists in chicago.

Yes ooo grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
twizzie:
My Dear, I flew Delta Last Dec with my infant and I did not pay shishi.. I mean no dollar at all and I still carried 10kg for him.. How it happened still baffles me but let me give you what I think might have saved me.. Get the baby's Naija passport if you can..That way, you can request that they just upload baby's data on your own ticket..
Also, don't bother contacting them now..Just go to the airport and inform them of your intentions..
Morale of the Story? Let the spirit lead you.

Now tapping into your anointing!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 9jabiggurl: 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=nefertitiram post=32975417][/quote]

Congrats on your POE @ Chicago....but I am a little worried about the way that question was diplomatically dodged. I am a Chicago Mum (2012 & 2014) and i must say i had it tough on the 2nd POE cos i was delayed for more than 3 hrs but the 1st POE was less than 5 mins went in very heavy with husby but was not asked about being preggy which i was obviously showing @ 30weeks....but maybe the CBP was too tired or was engrossed in his gist with his colleague that it became an oversight for him....anyways we werent asked about being preggy but at the point of renewing my visa i was denied....we (husby and i) did drop box for holiday as i have hung my boots(hopefully) but husby was granted at dropbox renewal while i was called in for an interview (bear in mind my maiden name is still what i bear on my passport) and dropbox are treated and packed individually even when you apply as a family....anyways went for the interview and the lady stood on the fact that i hid my preggy both at interview stage in london and at POE on the 1st trip...and i told her at the interview in london and even at POE 2012 we not asked if we were preggy the VO was more concerned with our hometie to nigeria as we were both student in uk then....

But all said....everybody's case is different but for the records your POE is in their records, it will show the question being asked but diplomatically avoided....well lets hope for the best for you though with renewing ur visa but get ready sha....thats my advice.

regarding childbirth in chicago...PM me if you need details....being tagged before so dont wanna be tagged YET again, got an all in one package which made sense from a doctor.

xoxo

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
9jabiggurl:

Congrats on your POE @ Chicago....but I am a little worried about the way that question was diplomatically dodged. I am a Chicago Mum (2012 & 2014) and i must say i had it tough on the 2nd POE cos i was delayed for more than 3 hrs but the 1st POE was less than 5 mins went in very heavy with husby but was not asked about being preggy which i was obviously showing @ 30weeks....but maybe the CBP was too tired or was engrossed in his gist with his colleague that it became an oversight for him....anyways we werent asked about being preggy but at the point of renewing my visa i was denied....we (husby and i) did drop box for holiday as i have hung my boots(hopefully) but husby was granted at dropbox renewal while i was called in for an interview (bear in mind my maiden name is still what i bear on my passport) and dropbox are treated and packed individually even when you apply as a family....anyways went for the interview and the lady stood on the fact that i hid my preggy both at interview stage in london and at POE on the 1st trip...and i told her at the interview in london and even at POE 2012 we not asked if we were preggy the VO was more concerned with our hometie to nigeria as we were both student in uk then....

But all said....everybody's case is different but for the records your POE is in their records, it will show the question being asked but diplomatically avoided....well lets hope for the best for you though with renewing ur visa but get ready sha....thats my advice.

regarding childbirth in chicago...PM me if you need details....being tagged before so dont wanna be tagged YET again, got an all in one package which made sense from a doctor.

xoxo

Getting my shoes ready for the renewal hurdle. Lolz!
PMing you right now, we need to talk!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
babysykes:

BA was the cheapest I got : $2989.39( better than almost 500k per adult that was quoted for me when I called delta airline office) for my 14months old son,my mum and I for June to return September. Try different dates and I am sure you will eventually get something reasonable. Good luck

Wow dats nice how did u book it? have u paid? how long can a booking last?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
Pls mihs mamas wats d weather lik in phoenix?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Jazzie01: 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
Gooday guys!
You guys are doing a gud jab by sharing yur experiences, pls keep it up.
I will want to knw who has an info about any Hosp in NJ or Chicago and their respective prices to give birth?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mimikreationz: 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hi house. please are there Houston mums in the house headed for Houston in May? I am using Houston Northwest medical centre and I need someone on a tight budget like mine who is willing to share accommodation at a cost. pls respond asap if interested. thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by AyaSho(f): 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
bambini:
Pls mihs mamas wats d weather lik in phoenix?

Cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by babysykes: 2:47am On Apr 23, 2015
bambini:

Wow dats nice how did u book it? have u paid? how long can a booking last?
I booked directly from their site: www.britishairways.com. After booking,you can pay online or choose the option of paying @ any branch of Guarantee trust bank (gtb)not later than 72hours after booking has been done. Yes,i have paid

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 3:22am On Apr 23, 2015
So the eagle has landed.
Got to dallas today with lufthansa.
The flight was really good the service was top notch with lots to eat and drink. The flight from abuja was kinda empty though (I wonder why).

Straight to the matter.
As we landed in dallas I said a word of prayer stepped out and continued to call on God. I walked I did not feel I needed a wheelchair having sat on a plane for so long. It got to my turn and my conversation with d cbp guy went thus
Him: hi
Me: hello
Him: so where to and what brings you
Me:told him, to spend my maternity leave and give birth
Him: when last where you here, was it to give birth
Me: last year vacation
Him: have you made contact with a doctor
Me: yes and hands him burden of proof (notification of intent letter, hospital correspondence, doctors correspondence, maternity leave letter from my job) arranged in that order. It was intentional
He read them all then asked how much my care would cost and how much I had. I told him about 6k then I had 5002usd cos of exchange rate then my cards
He asked where I work, I told him. He stamped me in 6months. All this took like 3minutes. I was jumping for joy

To be continued........

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Kingsmum: 3:24am On Apr 23, 2015
Nefertitiram we are waiting for the cheaper option o. Congrats on your successful Poe entry.
nefertitiram:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 3:44am On Apr 23, 2015
Next to the guy that takes the landing card. That one come carry my matter for him head

He asked what I had, I told him all I had but carefully did not mention palm oil (I had just a little incase they threw it away and I froze It o but d tin had completely melted self)
Then he goes, so why are you here, I told him and he says "so do you have 10k dollars cos I know for a fact that child birth is not less than 10k". I smiled and told him there is discount for self pay patients. He asks me to prove it so I handed the same burden of proof. He read it and kept shaking his head like I invented the letter. Then asks do u have cash to pay, show me. I brought out the cash he doesn't touch it nor counts I added I have my cards
Then he makes his concluding statement, you just want to get medical aid for your child, that's y you are here. I asked aid? Insurance? He nodded I just smiled and told him I do not intend to. He was not convinced but had nothing on me, so he sent me off, all this lasted like 5minutes. My bags were not checked. I just walked with a spring of joy in every stride

Dallas poe is ok for me too, the second guy was just over-sabi lol. I omitted some of d conversation, d post is long and I don tire

Jesus at work!

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 4:00am On Apr 23, 2015
woaini:
So the eagle has landed.
Got to dallas today with lufthansa.
The flight was really good the service was top notch with lots to eat and drink. The flight from abuja was kinda empty though (I wonder why).

Straight to the matter.
As we landed in dallas I said a word of prayer stepped out and continued to call on God. I walked I did not feel I needed a wheelchair having sat on a plane for so long. It got to my turn and my conversation with d cbp guy went thus
Him: hi
Me: hello
Him: so where to and what brings you
Me:told him, to spend my maternity leave and give birth
Him: when last where you here, was it to give birth
Me: last year vacation
Him: have you made contact with a doctor
Me: yes and hands him burden of proof (notification of intent letter, hospital correspondence, doctors correspondence, maternity leave letter from my job) arranged in that order. It was intentional
He read them all then asked how much my care would cost and how much I had. I told him about 6k then I had 5002usd cos of exchange rate then my cards
He asked where I work, I told him. He stamped me in 6months. All this took like 3minutes. I was jumping for joy

To be continued........
Wow,congrats on your successful Poe.Did you mean 500 dollars or 5000?The rise in dollar rates is really giving one concern about changing money truly.Wish you all the best in all you have left to do.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 4:13am On Apr 23, 2015
Any mum heading to Atlanta next month?Would love to share information and company pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 4:13am On Apr 23, 2015
5k dollars. I summed up the coins in my purse to 2dollars (I don't know how to add up those coins). I got PTA that's d best option now. I missed the easter low sales of dollars.
Thanks @ newmum
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 4:30am On Apr 23, 2015
woaini:
5k dollars. I summed up the coins in my purse to 2dollars (I don't know how to add up those coins). I got PTA that's d best option now. I missed the easter low sales of dollars.
Thanks @ newmum
oh alright.PTA?pla don't be upset o,I don't know what that is.Can you pls enlighten me?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 8:28am On Apr 23, 2015
Personal travel allowance. U get that from a. Bank. It's usually within CBN rate. Even when dollar rose to above 225 PTA was btw 197-200. The challenge is that as an individual account holder u can only get 4k while a corporate account holder gets 5k. Not all banks give this service though so find out from yours or open an account with the ones that do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mimikreationz: 8:40am On Apr 23, 2015
lala4sure:
Good afternoon Nairalanders,
I am a July mum and i have decided to use Orkbend and Dr Fagbohun. I need to hook up with Houston bound mums leaving for the US in May or early june. Please Holla so we can plan together. I am still looking for affordable accommodation too. Thanks

awwwwh, Im going in may too and I'm a July mum but I'm going North- Houston Northwest medical centre. would have loved to hook up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2015
Mimikreationz:

awwwwh, Im going in may too and I'm a July mum but I'm going North- Houston Northwest medical centre. would have loved to hook up.

Hello. am also leaving in early may cos am a june mama. Who is leaving from abuja with emirates?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mimikreationz: 9:12am On Apr 23, 2015
mabels:

Hello. am also leaving in early may cos am a june mama. Who is leaving from abuja with emirates?

going from lagos with KLM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 9:26am On Apr 23, 2015
woaini:
Personal travel allowance. U get that from a. Bank. It's usually within CBN rate. Even when dollar rose to above 225 PTA was btw 197-200. The challenge is that as an individual account holder u can only get 4k while a corporate account holder gets 5k. Not all banks give this service though so find out from yours or open an account with the ones that do.
thank you so much.God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 9:32am On Apr 23, 2015
any united airline mum flying from abj third week in may?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Diapearl: 9:55am On Apr 23, 2015
Hello All, i have been going through this thread for quite sometime and you guys are doing a great job but unfortunately for me i didnt start early enough to aviod the mistake i already made at my visa interview(at 6weeks pregnant, i lied to the VO that i was not pregnant).Please i need help on steps to follow to remedy this as i intend to have my baby in the USA precisely Texas. I am a September mom.Please advice me based on past experiences, whether personal or not. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 10:08am On Apr 23, 2015
Mimikreationz:
Hi house. please are there Houston mums in the house headed for Houston in May? I am using Houston Northwest medical centre and I need someone on a tight budget like mine who is willing to share accommodation at a cost. pls respond asap if interested. thank you.

hi, sent u a pm, please respond
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2015
Morning everyone,

Anyone with the email address for Houston northwest medical centre, please share. Also, for those who used the hospital, i'd appreciate contact details and cost for an affordable Paediatrician that can work with the hospital. learnt the ones attached to the hospital can be pretty expensive.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2015
Diapearl:
Hello All, i have been going through this thread for quite sometime and you guys are doing a great job but unfortunately for me i didnt start early enough to aviod the mistake i already made at my visa interview(at 6weeks pregnant, i lied to the VO that i was not pregnant).Please i need help on steps to follow to remedy this as i intend to have my baby in the USA precisely Texas. I am a September mom.Please advice me based on past experiences, whether personal or not. Thank you.

I think you should write back to the embassy that you are pregnant and would like to birth in the US, if your visa has already been granted. You might be called in for an interview but you should be ready to defend yourself as to how you didn't realize you were pregnant at the last interview you had.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.