Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891127 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
Things not allowed
Anything with chicken on it I.e indomie,Maggie chicken etc
Anything beef I.e kilichi,fried meat etc
Nj
Snails,that's all am sure of maybe the frequent USA travelers will know more,it's my first time
He asked if I had beans though not sure if it's allowed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
drafrican:
Things not allowed
Nj
Snails,that's all am sure of maybe the frequent USA travelers will know more,it's my first time
Ok....Thank you very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
DeeandGLady:

@Woaini what bank did you buy PTA from, or please who can help with names of banks that sell PTA at good rates. Thanks my ladies.

Try diamond. Their rate is good. That's where I got mine
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
Giving back my POE story as my little contributn to this forum.
I was at t to get my fit to fly but was informed that I won't be given if am over 30weeks.so I didn't get a fit to fly.
At the airport Delta requested for my fit to fly and I told him I didn't have any, he said but I wasn't up to 32weeks and I told him am over, he smiled and gave me my ticket.
Got to altlanta POE and was askd what I was in the us for. The officer already assessed me, he knew I was pregnant cos am already in my 36th week. I told him I was in the usa for vacation and childbirth. He asked to see my hospital correspondence. He asked how much I had on me and I told him over 5000dollars and he asked if I had more money on my credit card and I said ye. I brought out the doctors and hospital fees and test forms they had brought for me from the usa. I also included the letter to the embassy and he asked what I do for a living and I told him am an * * officer. He stamps me in for 6months. I wasn't asked to go for any secondary screening or questioning. Got to baggage claim & den agriculture. Dats it. In d usa for my childs birth.

Thanks nairalanders for the support.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
drafrican:
Things not allowed
Nj
rice is also not allowed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kenkelewu: 7:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
MumT2:

CONGRATULATIONS. Pls i need Dr. Fagbohun's email address.
How is their charges? i hope its fair.

You may not find someone to provide you with information "ASAP". Everybody here did their homework. Read through the thread if you really need info. Use google too e.g "Dr Fagbohun nairaland".

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2015
Abeg oh still waiting for tickets to drop... any hope?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by abike02: 8:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
@feddy27:pls I'm in houston too gave birth to MY baby last week Wednesday at methodist hospital Sugar land. Pls can u send me details on how u went about d baby passport at downtown. Pls I can't wait to get it and my visa for the baby to go back to naija.Pls let me give u my email day femi.ronke@yahoo.com. thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
MumT2:

CONGRATULATIONS. Pls i need Dr. Fagbohun's email address.
How is their charges? i hope its fair.

Fagbohunmd@yahoo.com. charges are fair and straightforward
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2015
[quote author=Gagat post=33093894][/quote]

My POE was Minneapolis. You don't need any letter from Oakbend, Dr F is all you need. My flight was Klm frm lag to Houston via Minneapolis. As regards cost, your situation and options is what determines the total amount.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
Gagat:

Thanks so much for this helpful info. I'm only thinking of breaking my journey just to Get a Favourable POE with less stress. What s ur advice on this?

Where exactly are you heading?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by fola62: 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
drafrican:
Hello everyone been away for a while.
Arrived maryland safely via british airways.
I sat at the exit door for both the lagos to London and London to baltimore booked my seats online.
My fit to fly was never asked for (thanks to my wide bump)had enough leg room,slept through out my flight except when I had to use the bathroom but thanks to my TED stockings had no worries. Stopped the plenty water drinking when I started peeling every 15 mins. Didn't use the wheelchair cos my hubby felt I would draw unnecessary attention to myself(1st time traveling to the USA).except for MMH british airways time of landing was good cos the airports were empty.(LHR and BWI)
POE was BWI all blacks on my flight were about 9
Me:Good morning
cbp: good morning(a black American about 35yrs )
Passport and landing card
Me:handed it over to him
CBP:purpose of visit?
Me: have my baby
Cbp: 4 right fingers on the green light
Types and types
cBP: i see your birthday is tomorrow,I should stamp you in.
Me:laughs
Cbp:smiles
Cbp: you need to fill a form on the other end stating how much you're with
Me: thank you, he typed the total
At I think secondary inspection was told
Everytime you enter or leave the USA you must declare over 10k including cheques
Officer filled d form for me asked me to go through it if correct sign here.
Told me to go over to Agric cos I had ogi and shea butter (which is all I took )and says he wud meet me there with a copy of my form.
Passed through agric X-ray and then officer asked me to Open, I did.
He found it strange I don't have indomie,kilichi,beans and the other over 15 things he listed so he searched my second bag"your a rare Nigerian"
All in all must have spent about 30-35 mins cos the airport was so empty.
Thanking God for favour and wishing same to everyone planning for the blue Pali.

Hello,

Please id like to have a conversation with you regarding birthing in Maryland because that is where I am heading too and there is not much information on this thread for Maryland.
Kindly help a sister out ASAP. Im running out of time.
You can also reach me on foniemola@outlook.com

Thank You.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
My dear maryland is expensive o
The cheapest quote I got was 9500 all inclusive
Some have said there is a hospital for 7k innovia Alexandra.
Wud inbox you the details.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
abike02:
@feddy27:pls I'm in houston too gave birth to MY baby last week Wednesday at methodist hospital Sugar land. Pls can u send me details on how u went about d baby passport at downtown. Pls I can't wait to get it and my visa for the baby to go back to naija.Pls let me give u my email day femi.ronke@yahoo.com. thank u

Pls how much was Your total cost of delivery and who was your Dr?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
dere5:

Where exactly are you heading?

Houston or Ohio pls! Kindly advice. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 11:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
feddy27:

My POE was Minneapolis. You don't need any letter from Oakbend, Dr F is all you need. My flight was Klm frm lag to Houston via Minneapolis. As regards cost, your situation and options is what determines the total amount.

Ok! Thanks. For uncomplicated vaginal delivery of a single baby with epidural, how much is it? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 11:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
Hello house! Pls kindly respond to this urgent question.
Has anyone had an emergency visa interview experience or story at d embassy and was there any related questions at POE. Urgent reply needed by a friend of mine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 12:12am On Apr 26, 2015
drafrican:
My dear maryland is expensive o
The cheapest quote I got was 9500 all inclusive
Some have said there is a hospital for 7k innovia Alexandra.
Wud inbox you the details.

Check PG Hospital in Maryland, whole package isn't up to 6 k for uncomplicated VD
Google them and proceed from there
They have discounts for self pay patients
My friend had her baby there and gave good reviews but don't have the Doctors contact that she used

All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Chikacokpala: 6:14am On Apr 26, 2015
dittobaby:

Please what about Dr's bill for C-Section? Do you pay for pediatrician visit after delivery? Can you please ask for circumcision fee? Thanks.

@dittobaby. Sorry for d delay in responding. The Dr's bill for C-section is $1900 against $1700 for normal delivery. Circumcision fee is $200. While You pay for pediatrician bill after delivery.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 7:12am On Apr 26, 2015
Good morning. Please , those of you who have used Del Sol Medical Centre, how did you get a doctor's appointment? Did you get to choose your doctor yourself or was it doctorparati that made the choice for you. I need to understand how it works over there. Thanks Mamas and Papas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 8:55am On Apr 26, 2015
bambini:
Abeg oh still waiting for tickets to drop... any hope?

If you are travelling between june-july I'm afraid hope no too dey.. Summer prices may kick into gear by 1st week in may and all the prices available now may no longer be.

I booked Turkish Airline, try and see if they fly that route.

@drafrican,
Hello, cool poe experience,pray for a stress free one as well... Concerning the banned foods; fried snails are allowed(personal experience), surprised you didn't travel with the naija usual odds and ends though.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 9:29am On Apr 26, 2015
modath:

If you are travelling between june-july I'm afraid hope no too dey.. Summer prices may kick into gear by 1st week in may and all the prices available now may no longer
My dear seems like a good time to feed on American n Asian food but my ogi is a must everywhere I go plus my host insisted they sell everything here if I feel home sick.
And air tickets wud be high from May till about August/sept may be best to try airlines like Qatar,KLM ,GTB was doing 15%discount on BA tickets donno if it's still on.also pips shud keep an eye on d dollar it's going up coz of summer and hajj(high demand)d day I left diamond PTA was 200,black market was 222.
Will try out Prince george cos innovia Alexandria is very far from me.
Another wise thing is for couples both you and your husband can buy 4k each if he is gonna travel.both of u just open accts with diamond,heard access bank too sells.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 10:22am On Apr 26, 2015
[

Wow so prices go up or come down during summer? Tnx for d info will check dem now

quote author=modath post=33118874]

If you are travelling between june-july I'm afraid hope no too dey.. Summer prices may kick into gear by 1st week in may and all the prices available now may no longer be.

I booked Turkish Airline, try and see if they fly that route.

@drafrican,
Hello, cool poe experience,pray for a stress free one as well... Concerning the banned foods; fried snails are allowed(personal experience) surprised you didn't travel with the naija usual odds and ends though.
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MumT2: 11:10am On Apr 26, 2015
feddy27:

Fagbohunmd@yahoo.com. charges are fair and straightforward
Thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slanliz007(f): 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hello everyone, please is there anyone who has actually used south west airlines from New York LGA to Houston? Please what was your experience like; is it advisable or not for a pregnant mum? I am trying to make a booking and I am seeing that arrival into Houston is through Hobby airport instead of IAH. Please I want to know if this also ok. Thanks for your time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
Chikacokpala:

@dittobaby. Sorry for d delay in responding. The Dr's bill for C-section is $1900 against $1700 for normal delivery. Circumcision fee is $200. While You pay for pediatrician bill after delivery.
Thanks

Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ferarrix:
Great job every one. i have also been a silent follower of this forum..... God Bless you all... All ya believing God for the fruit of the womb and the means to have your child in US..... it is my prayer that God will visit you this year by God's grace.

Please i have the following questions:

1. I got the B1/B2 visa last year, never used it but now wish to have my baby in US. Is it compulsory to write the embassy to notify them of my intention to have my baby in US?

2. I plan to use Dr. Fagboun..... any good accommodation around oakbend where the hospital is? i believe the area is called Richmond.

3. Which POE will u recommend ?

4. Which airline do you recommend?

5. What is the minimum recommended number if days/weeks a newborn baby requires before getting on a local or international flight?

Thanks in advance. smiley

1. Its very necessary to write the embassy.
2,3,4. Go through the thread. Pple have given information on the accomodation in dat area, Depends on ur location in d usa.I mean ur final destination
5. minimum of 2weeks to 1month, so I was told too cos I have only 3months maternity leave.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
slanliz007:
Hello everyone, please is there anyone who has actually used south west airlines from New York LGA to Houston? Please what was your experience like; is it advisable or not for a pregnant mum? I am trying to make a booking and I am seeing that arrival into Houston is through Hobby airport instead of IAH. Please I want to know if this also ok. Thanks for your time.

I did this booking myself a few days ago and I think you should also consider the following if you haven't already:

1. Yes, arrival is at Hobby airport and it is okay. You don't have much choice anyway.

2. Your time of arrival at New York JFK airport and estimated duration for POE. The least length of time from New York to Houston is 4 hours. So if you are arriving New York late, you might have to sleep at the airport or lodge in a nearby hotel. OR you book a late flight from New York to Houston and sleep at Hobby airport.

3. Considering your being pregnant ensure you book a nonstop flight to Houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hapi Sun all,
Pls if my flight itinery reads Lagos to Dallas to Houston, which will be my POE, Houston or Dallas. Airline is BA. Need this info urgently pls before pay. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Bsharon: 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
tbaby2015:
Hapi Sun all,
Pls if my flight itinery reads Lagos to Dallas to Houston, which will be my POE, Houston or Dallas. Airline is BA. Need this info urgently pls before pay. Thanks

POE will be Dallas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
[quote author=slanliz007 post=33123596]Hello everyone, please is there anyone who has actually used south west airlines from New York LGA to Houston? Please what was your experience like; is it advisable or not for a pregnant mum? I am trying to make a booking and I am seeing that arrival into Houston is through Hobby airport instead of IAH. Please I want to know if this also ok.

Hello slanliz007,

Well I don't know if it is ok bt it can't be dat bad sha, and I think HOU is the only stop in Houston if u using southwest . I booked mine last wk for 113 dollar, the early you book, the cheaper. Best of luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 2:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
[quote author=Bsharon post=33126247]

POE will be Dallas
[/quote

Thanks dearie

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.