Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,579 members, 7,770,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:19 AM

Windows 10: The Thread. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10: The Thread. (10349 Views)

Windows 10: The Experience Of A Nigerian Within 48 Hours / Microsoft Edge On Windows 10: The Browser That Will Finally Kill IE / The wait is over: Welcome Windows 10! The World Most Awaited Operating System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 8:22am On Mar 03, 2015
I will try and do less talking and put out more pictures. Because of the nature of my Job, i get to try out new stuff before they are released to

the general public. I present to you all Windows 10 technical preview. You can download a copy from the microsoft homepage. However, what i am

about to show you all are pictures from the latest build which is build 9926 .

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2015
more incoming

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 8:28am On Mar 03, 2015
The new start menu.

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Ojeremi(m): 8:48am On Mar 03, 2015
How do I upgrade from windows 8 to 10
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by jasoncage(m): 8:59am On Mar 03, 2015
Hope y'all know that its the technical preview? Its not meant to be installed on your master pc. The whole point is for feedback purposes, you install on a pc thats doesn't contain anything verrrry important, use and share your windows 10 experiences, suggestions and possible fixes with microsoft. The main build will be out once the experience program is over.

2 Likes

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2015
jasoncage:
Hope y'all know that its the technical preview? Its not meant to be installed on your master pc. The whole point is for feedback purposes, you install on a pc thats doesn't contain anything verrrry important, use and share your windows 10 experiences, suggestions and possible fixes with microsoft. The main build will be out once the experience program is over.

Good point
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 10:29am On Mar 03, 2015
The new store app. In windows 10, metro apps can now be used standalone without the use of the metro interface.

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 10:35am On Mar 03, 2015
The search function. This bad boy can search both local and internet databases for what your looking for.

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 03, 2015
crappy
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by HyDef(m): 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2015
I think Windows 10 is gonna be killer. Microsoft have made too many mistakes in the past, and they know what's at stake now. Let's leave the nightmare of 8 behind us.

The 'universal OS' is what I want to watch play out. I think it has a lot of potential.

And Cortana. smiley

1 Like

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
worth an upgrade sha but am still keeping my win 7 disk in case……………
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 04, 2015
Well that nice to hear about windows 10, but looking at it and digging it I will just say windows 10 is how windows 8.1 should be, imagine look at the distance 8 and 10 and yet 10 is just like 8. I will never allow any to upgrade even when the final version is out, to be honest windows 10 sucks no version of OS that MS will do that will be better than WIN7 well I still recommend 8.1 pro no 8.1 core, the difference between 7 and 8.1 pro are not much bigger I mean 8.1 pro not 8.1 core. Even among the 8.1 and 8.1 pro there are still huge difference and yet MS will tell u that there is no much difference brothers that is a lie. I contacted MS for solution on windows 8.1 pro they just go around tell me bounge of craps in several occasion they fall me. If u understand what am talking u will get my point, not all things in windows 8.1 and 8.1 pro that MS knew.
Let try some stuff if u are using 8.1 enter run then type gpedit.msc, it will give u error that that is not a valid windows command. Now 8.1 pro enter run type gpedit.msc it will take u to system management tool were u can find a lot of program and other features turn off some are even disable, well let me just end here but if u want upgrade go for 8.1 pro with media thanks.

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 7:03am On Mar 04, 2015
Multitasking In windows 10.

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 7:17am On Mar 04, 2015
I cant actually test Cortana right now because my laptop doesnt come with a webcam nor a inbuilt mic.

I know what your thinking already but that isnt the case. My work laptop was produced in 2009 i think A Panasonic Lets note CF-F8. It has served

me for a long time. bought in same year (2009). The only thing that i have had to change is the hard drive to an SSD and also increase the ram.

The battery life on this thing is incredible. It is very light too for a 12.1 inch laptop.

Looks something like this...

1 Like

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by HyDef(m): 7:19am On Mar 04, 2015
Heard that in 10, window borders are 1 pixel wide? If true, it'd give a very clean look.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by obosirow: 9:01am On Mar 04, 2015
Cool looking laptop smiley
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 04, 2015
MS are good in telling lies, try ubuntu 14.0.4 trusty thar then try ubuntu 15.0 unicorn u will see huge difference in it, ok even linux mint 17.0 Qiana and linux mint 16.0.4. The difference is very clear. Now let look at windows starting from windows 98 to windows 10 and tell me the difference in them? Windows 10 & 8 are just something else, MS did not even let us install windows 9 why? Don't get me wrong am a fan of MS and am using windows 8.1 pro cause some may say because it too complicated that why I don't like win 10 no. When something is bad say it.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by spacyzuma(m): 11:02am On Mar 05, 2015
Just discovered this thread, and now following.

I installed Win10 TechPrev on my old laptop months ago, but unfortunately, I've not had much time to actually use and experiment with it.

I wasn't too impressed with my first impressions, sha.

I'm gonna try to see if Cortana works on my installation.

One thing I look forward to is the new Spartan browser. We are al really tired of Internet Explorer
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by dazekid(m): 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
I am back on windows 8.1, ran the tech preview for a few days and I must say I am sitting on the fence of being impressed and not. If you have been running mods on windows 8, you'd get antiquated with windows 10 very fast and although it is supposed to be easier than windows 8, there is still a slight learning curve.
I shall be following this thread.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
multitasking looks crispy
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 12:16am On Mar 06, 2015
Jregz:
multitasking looks crispy

Yep. reminds me of a linux distro ionce ran.

Below are screenshots of the notification center and metro interface blown up.

Its kinda neat that you can run metro independently.

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by obosirow: 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
Work in progress
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moshoodn(m): 11:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
Moonraker, is the language of the build you're running exclusively chinese?
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 5:08am On Mar 09, 2015
moshoodn:
Moonraker, is the language of the build you're running exclusively chinese?

Japanese, actually... and no, think there is an english version also.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Bawss1(m): 10:05am On Mar 09, 2015
Thecreator:
MS are good in telling lies, try ubuntu 14.0.4 trusty thar then try ubuntu 15.0 unicorn u will see huge difference in it, ok even linux mint 17.0 Qiana and linux mint 16.0.4. The difference is very clear. Now let look at windows starting from windows 98 to windows 10 and tell me the difference in them? Windows 10 & 8 are just something else, MS did not even let us install windows 9 why? Don't get me wrong am a fan of MS and am using windows 8.1 pro cause some may say because it too complicated that why I don't like win 10 no. When something is bad say it.

You just couldn't resist coming on a Windows thread to spread this tired MS hate and Linux is the best chorus could you.

Are you running the Win 10 Preview? What are the issues you face, do you have any suggestions or corrections or questions regarding the preview? Those are the things people want to read about here, not some Linux fanboy attack.

2 Likes

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
Linux fanboys are one of the worst groups on the internet!
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
Bawss1:

You just couldn't resist coming on a Windows thread to spread this tired MS hate and Linux is the best chorus could you.

Are you running the Win 10 Preview? What are the issues you face, do you have any suggestions or corrections or questions regarding the preview? Those are the things people want to read about here, not some Linux fanboy attack.
Mr man am not a fan boy of linux or other OS maybe u did not get what I said, I said if u look at other OS they have huge difference in them but windows 8.1 and 10 are likely to be de same. Dey are not suppose to be so. It not just metro display that people complain about the are other issues that affect people that microsoft can not fix guy am a huge fan of MS in fact I started learning computer program when XP was XP before it move to 7, all problem that Windos 10 & 8 have I have fix my so don't think am against windows do you even know the bug that are troubling windows 8. Go to the web read customers review and see complain complains and microsoft even saying they are sorry that why they intend of making windows 10 perfect and that why I said win 10 is just how win 8.1 should have been pls try to understand me. Wait let me ask u one ? Have u heard of media play key on windows 8.1?.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by obosirow: 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
cheesy
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
I just like the name of windows 10 browser which is called spartan. And if window 10 will able to run the kernel windows 7 runs every body will get windows 10 without complain, you can't use windows 8.1 to port android script it take a lot of time for me to get cyclone box run well on it even my vacano didn't run until I have to set some permission wright.
In case you face a lot of problem in windows 10 just go to start right click and click on run then type gpedit.msc hit enter and take ur time to set some disable component on and off make sure nobody disturb you when u are through restart your system, you would not even know if it is a test subject or the final version. Be careful don't temper with wrong things.
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by obosirow: 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2015
smiley
Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by moonraker(m): 10:44am On Jun 02, 2015
Sorry i havent updated this thread in a long time... Just been busy with work angry

Anywayz, you guys probably heard that the RTM version of windows 10 would start shipping out starting from July 29th.

Well, i have it from real sources that customers running windows 8.1 pro and windows 7 pro would get a free upgrade. The rest of the lot would

haveto pay a small token. Customers running pirated versions of windows 8.1 pro would be blocked from getting the free upgrade.

New pics from build 10130 coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10: The Thread. by basille(m): 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
Just installed the latest preview now.

I'm unimpressed, everything looks and feels buggy and it takes a ridiculously slow amount of time to open new apps despite me having 8gb of ram. I couldn't even type completely without my system going through a mini freeze, and to move/adjust apps on the live tiles na better war.

With just few weeks to go. I hope the final build isn't anything like this, else i'm done with windows for good.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options / Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers / ✈✳✅8GB RAM CORE i7 ACER TRAVEL MATE 5HOURS BATTERY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.