Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free (21793 Views)

El-Rufai Posted Job Vacancies On His Facebook Page / Visit Nairalist.com Lagos Sales Section For Good/clean Laptops For Sale / New Vacancies On Nairalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 4:42am On Jan 12, 2009
The Nairaland Jobs/Vancacies section is no longer the only place to post new Nigerian Vacancies
We have created a new website for that purpose: Nairalist.com - Nigerian Classified Ads.

Feel free to cross post all your vacancies and jobs and employee wanted ads both here and on Nairalist.
Spread your net in many waters, for you don't know which one will bring in the big fish -  Simon Peter.

It's at: www.nairalist.com.  Thanks.  Please spread the word about Nairalist.

Attention People: You are not wanted on the new site.  We want only original and genuine vacancies and jobs, please.

4 Likes

Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by gudtime4us: 9:20am On Jan 12, 2009
This vacancy section has become so bad that I doubt if anybody will get useful imformation form here again as it used to be. Seun, please delete the expired and irrelevant threads from this section.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 9:56am On Jan 12, 2009
The new site is more spam resistant than this one. Our plan is to close Nairaland jobs when Nairalist fully takes off.
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by NothingMeg: 8:29pm On Jan 12, 2009
@Seun U hv not ansed my question pls do think of giving me an ans
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 10:12am On Jan 13, 2009
What's your question?

Check out the Spam-free list of jobs in Lagos State on the new site.
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 10:38am On Jan 15, 2009
Nairaland has just launched a section for employers and advertisers overseas: www.nairalist.com/overseas

1 Like

Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by aieromon(m): 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2009
@seun

u're doing a wonderful job with nairaland.

please,keep it up and we will always put you in our prayers.

wink
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by dinosteve: 11:41am On Jan 17, 2009
I LOVE WWW.NAIRALIST.COM

Seun you are doing a wonderful work with your sites. I appreciate your effort so much.

But I must complain that your attitude on some of the jobs posting,
for me it seens you are biased, but I don't want it to be true.

Please let it not be so.

Thanks for your wonderful www.nairalist.com.
I think one of this day, I will built such a site.

dinosteveson.
dinosteveson@yahoo.com

Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2009
I wonder why people are posting dating, auto, housing ads but no one is posting vacancies yet.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by flora22(f): 4:54pm On Jan 20, 2009
thanks bro
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2009
Employers have started posting lots of vacancies there, in some states at least.
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by pacodas: 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2009
Its wonderful. Thanks Seun
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 4:50pm On Feb 05, 2009
Any Nairalist success stories?
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by NothingMeg: 7:42pm On Feb 05, 2009
Yes Seun i need yr help
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2009
What do you need my help for? Please tell me!
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by richmind2: 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2009
Thanks for the innovative work. Nigeria needs more people like you.

GOOD WORK!

1 Like

Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by zaragoza(m): 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2009
@Seun
In as much as d nairalist concept should be applauded, i dont think it would comfortably fit into the shoes of nairaland job/vacancies section. The nairalist does not provide room for discussion,suggestions and maybe clarifications, i stand to be corrected. Nairaland job/vacancies section i believe is one of d sections that gave nairaland its popularity, nairaland is more like a forum where people air thier views on matters bothering on job vacancies etc unlike in nairalist u just post ur vacancy and thats all about it. Seun you dont solve a problem by running away 4rm it, for how long wld you keep running. They(spammers) brought this war right to your very domain and instead of facing them squarely, u chose to run to open another site. What if they choose to attack d whole nairaland, u wld live it 4 dem right?Com'on seun u are beta than this. Nairalist cant be totally span proof. You have moderators, are they just answering the name? There must definitely be a way out of this. Goodluck
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2009
Sir, if you have a better solution, let me know. 
Anybody can say "this should be done", "that should be done",
because talk is cheap!  But in practice it is not that easy. 

If you think you can moderate the Nairaland job section, let me know. 
After 5 minutes you will understand why I've decided to "run".

I have worked very hard on Nairalist and I'm proud of what it is:
http://www.nairalist.com/
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by mukina2: 12:35pm On Feb 09, 2009
zaragoza:

@Seun
In as much as d nairalist concept should be applauded, i dont think it would comfortably fit into the shoes of nairaland job/vacancies section. The nairalist does not provide room for discussion,suggestions and maybe clarifications, i stand to be corrected. Nairaland job/vacancies section i believe is one of d sections that gave nairaland its popularity, nairaland is more like a forum where people air thier views on matters bothering on job vacancies etc unlike in nairalist u just post ur vacancy and thats all about it. Seun you dont solve a problem by running away 4rm it, for how long wld you keep running. They(spammers) brought this war right to your very domain and instead of facing them squarely, u chose to run to open another site. What if they choose to attack d whole nairaland, u wld live it 4 dem right?Com'on seun u are beta than this. Nairalist cant be totally span proof.  You have moderators, are they just answering the name? There must definitely be a way out of this. Goodluck

I was one of the mods here and i can tell you, that those spammers never give up, the more you delete/move their posts the more they create bulk threads, real job threads get lost in the spam threads, i even did a job thread i stickied but they still spam it, they are relentless, they never stop, be a mod here for 5 mins and you will see.

Clean the section for 5 mins, and check again its like you did not do anything.

nairalist was created to take over from NL job section, it is classified as in you can search for jobs by region, state  and so on. Do not blame Seun, he did what he had to do to save NL from them

They cannot attack the whole NL, they have areas of interest.
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by zaragoza(m): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Seun and mukina2
Well u guys should know beta, i was only making a suggestion.
But what of if nairalist is used to replace nairaland job/vacancies section in nairaland.com instead of opening a new website for nairalist?
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2009
Thanks, zaragoza. The reason for the separate site is that Nairalist works a bit differently: it's location oriented.
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by MrCrackles(m): 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2009
Seun:

Thanks, zaragoza. The reason for the separate site is that Nairalist works a bit differently: it's location oriented.

Seun what about enabling pictures to be seen in order to boost the adverts placed on Nairalist by anyone selling?

Me just thinks that will cut out flurry of enquiries that may not lead to anything for a seller especially
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by ifyjd: 1:16pm On Feb 12, 2009
<<censored>>
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2009
MrCrackles:

Seun what about enabling pictures to be seen in order to boost the adverts placed on Nairalist by anyone selling?

Me just thinks that will cut out flurry of enquiries that may not lead to anything for a seller especially
It's up to sellers to describe their items honestly to save time. Fortunately, this doesn't apply to vacancies and jobs at all!
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by iamok: 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2009
Seun,
Spammers have come again.
Made another site like nairalist.com and called it [nairalist+s].com

(You did not register the domain name and redirect to the main site.

They have started using it as if its original nairalist.com.

This is what I got in my mail box because I have once posted on nairalist.com and used my email addy as contact

Upload your Product & Services Pictures on [nairalist+s].com

[nairalist+s].com Ad to me
show details Feb 12 (2 days ago) Reply

Thank you for visting [nairalist+s].com and posting you Ads with us.

You can now upload pictures of the products and service your have for sale on [nairalist+s].com for free

Please follow the link below to post your item and upload the required pictures

http://[nairalist+s].com

Thank you

[nairalist+s].com
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 2:36pm On Feb 14, 2009
Don't mind them. Just ignore them.
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by NothingMeg: 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2009
@Seun the Question Is, I was asking if u could give me MobileNigeria So i can take over MobileNigeria Since u Have Great Website As U know, I will be very pleased if u could help me with this favour
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by MrCrackles(m): 10:05pm On Feb 15, 2009
Seun:

It's up to sellers to describe their items honestly to save time. Fortunately, this doesn't apply to vacancies and jobs at all!

Fair enough!
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Don4life: 10:11pm On Feb 15, 2009
@mukina2 & Seun If i'm made the moderator of the Jobs/Vacancies Board i will fight the spam very very well, i know u have tryed yr best to stop it but u could not but i asure seun that if he make me the moderator he is not going to see any spam on the JobS/Vacancies Board that is my word and i keep to my Word
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by MrCrackles(m): 10:48pm On Feb 15, 2009
Don4life:

@mukina2 & Seun If i'm made the moderator of the Jobs/Vacancies Board i will fight the spam very very well, i know u have tryed yr best to stop it but u could not but i asure seun that if he make me the moderator he is not going to see any spam on the JobS/Vacancies Board that is my word and i keep to my Word

LMFAO! grin
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by Seun(m): 11:00pm On Feb 15, 2009
Okay, you're in. I'll set things up and get in touch with you.
Re: Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free by goodboybad(m): 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2009
Seun

I have some advise concerning both Nairaland and Nairalist.

Concerning the Nairaland job section, is it possible to modify the site in such a way that posts are not immediately
shown on pages, but will have to be moderated by a moderator who will decide whether to show it or delete it? The
advantage is that spam posts will never make it through, but the disadvantage is that the moderators will have to be
very dedicated as they will have a lot of posts to deal with at first, but this volume will reduce as spammers come
to realise that they cannot beat the system. This is how the BBC and CNN run some of their forums and it keeps things
from getting out of hand.

Concerning the Nairalist site, I think it would be nice if you could create a section where potential job hunters can
upload thier CVs by filling a form, and a section for potential employers to fill a form outlining what they want in
in an employee. You may then match these forms together and find out which CVs match what the employers are looking
for. In order to protect the privacy of the job hunter, you could then contact the job-hunter and tell him that
so and so company is looking for someone with his qualifications for so and so position. If the job hunter is interested
you could then foward his CV and contact details to the employer.

I know that these two considerations will take a lot to implement, but I think it is worth a thought.

I would apply to be a mod, but my internet access is erratic, and I think I'll defer that application until when I
have steady access.

Overall, I think you are doing an excellent job, and when I hammer, I go buy Nairaland and employ you as webmaster! smiley
keep up the good work, bro!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Things You Should Cross Check Before Sending Off A CV / 4 Professional Reasons Your CV May Not Get You A Job / N-power: How To Solve "Transaction Failed, Please Try Again Later" Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.