Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

He Announced My HIV Status In The Presence Of My Husband. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Announced My HIV Status In The Presence Of My Husband. (3750 Views)

My Husband joystick Is Too Small To Satisfy Me / Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids / Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: He Announced My HIV Status In The Presence Of My Husband. by danot1030: 10:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
The doctor is unfair to have announced your report to your hubby and conceal his own, I suspect a conspiracy between the doctor and your hubby. Go back to the doctor, let him know what problem his action caused in your marriage and the need to invite both you and your husband and correct his mistake by announcing your husband result.
Re: He Announced My HIV Status In The Presence Of My Husband. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
Royver:
I'm surprised at some of the responses here, even those that seem learned.

Obviously this story is fake, there is no way a doctor will bring a HIV result and still insist on telling the couple after the owner of the result has insisted that it should be confidential. Even here in Nigeria we still have our ethics, thank you very much.

Now, even if the doctor/pastor was foolish enough to disclose another person's HIV status to a third party, why will the same doctor now withhold the information from the other result? how would that conversation had gone? "sorry , you are HIV positive, em, there is no need to disclose your husband's own again since you are already positive..."? or would he read the woman's own out loud to the hearing of the man and then hand the man's own result to him confidentially in the presence of the woman? Ridiculous.

This is obviously a fabricated story concocted to whip up sentiment.

Sorry this isn't Fabricated. The husband stormed out in anger at the announcement of the result..And the woman followed .it was the refusal of the husband to disclose the later result revealed to him by the doctor that is the issue here .
Re: He Announced My HIV Status In The Presence Of My Husband. by Royver(m): 11:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
Iamsynord:

Sorry this isn't Fabricated. The husband stormed out in anger at the announcement of the result..And the woman followed .it was the refusal of the husband to disclose the later result revealed to him by the doctor that is the issue here .
Ok, noted.
I still doubt the authenticity of that doctor's medical license. A quack maybe? or maybe they went to a private lab and it was the attending that saw them.
Standard protocol dictates that the doctor reveals the woman's HIV status to her alone in confidence. It doesn't matter if the man is her soul-mate or husband or whatever. The statement of "two becoming one" is very naive. OK, now the man reacted badly to the news and stormed out of the office and the doctor didn't have any measures in place in case such a thing happens? it all sounds strange to me.

It is interesting to note in my experience that most females who are sero-discordant with their males tend to remain with the man regardless of his status. Most men run, but some men actually opt to stay as well.

Sh should simply go back to the hospital and demand the man's result as well in the same vein of 'since her husband and her are one'. But I doubt the man is positive. Men take the news very very badly. If he were positive he would be devastated or pretend to be understanding to the lady and not treat her like a leper. He could also be angry because he feels she may been unfaithful, not necessarily because of the HIV thing.

My thoughts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Here Are 20 Things Authentic People Do Differently / I Regret Not Leaving My Wife Months Ago / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.