Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,258 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Will Jega Be Sacked Or Not? Check Out President Jonathan's New Verdict. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Jega Be Sacked Or Not? Check Out President Jonathan's New Verdict. (982 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan New Year Message To Nigerians / Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why / PDP Governors Give Jonathan New Conditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Jega Be Sacked Or Not? Check Out President Jonathan's New Verdict. by truthispainful: 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has spoken up about the plot to remove the Chairman of The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega.

Speaking on Monday, March, in an interview with Aljazeera, President Jonathan reassured Nigerians and the international community that he has no plan to sack Professor Attahiru Jega, ahead of Nigeria’s general elections slated for March 28 and April 11.

The president reassurance comes just after speculation were raised by the opposition party, The All Progressives Congress that the Federal Government, through the office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, is plotting to send Mr. Jega on terminal leave before the elections.

Prof. Jega’s tenure ends in June but there are claims from the opposition party that the President’s administration plans to send him on a three-month pre-disengagement leave before the election.

The president dispelled the allegation saying INEC is a sensitive and important institution and that removing its chairman arbitrarily would spark public outcry.

“Except somebody is insinuating that the Chairman has done something wrong. You cannot change an officer, except the person has done something wrong,” Mr. Jonathan said in response to a question on Mr. Jega.

He continued, “Government, whether at the federal or state level, president or governor, does not wake up and change somebody, especially somebody like the INEC Chairman, except that person has done something wrong.

“INEC is a very sensitive body. For me to change INEC Chairman Nigerians will ask questions. So, you cannot wake up and change INEC Chairman'

He added that he had never discussed with “any human being on earth about changing INEC Chairman”‎.

Meanwhile, it would be recalled that reports from last week had it that the federal government have shortlisted four possible candidates to replace the INEC boss.

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/394949-no-plan-to-remove-jega-preside%e2%80%8ent-jonathan.htmlREAD MORE: http://www.naij.com/394949-no-plan-to-remove-jega-preside%e2%80%8ent-jonathan.html
Re: Will Jega Be Sacked Or Not? Check Out President Jonathan's New Verdict. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
Jonathan till buhari is cured of postrate cancer cum stroke!

2 Likes

Re: Will Jega Be Sacked Or Not? Check Out President Jonathan's New Verdict. by sayyid(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
dis man shld jst be allowed to conduct d election so as to prevent trouble instead of sacking im or giving im compulsory leave d PDP shld jst try n do dia om assignment very well if dey are afraid dat dey will loose in d election instead of forcing dis guy out now
may d best candidate win
Re: Will Jega Be Sacked Or Not? Check Out President Jonathan's New Verdict. by kestolove95(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
Since apc has made it know..dey have to deny it shapli...anoda move has failed for pdp
Re: Will Jega Be Sacked Or Not? Check Out President Jonathan's New Verdict. by Slynonny(m): 12:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
Oga Jona pls sack Jega that guy has been bought over by APC.
I'll rather dig grave,call my friends and neighbours and give my PVC a befitting burial than vote for Mallam Buhari.
GEJ 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Jega Be Sacked Or Not? Check Out President Jonathan's New Verdict. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
Just watching naija politician very closely. If care is not taken, Jega will be trapped like a grass-cutter in a trap & he'll be sent on a terminal leave, believe it or not.. JEGA is going before march 28th, jot it down..
Re: Will Jega Be Sacked Or Not? Check Out President Jonathan's New Verdict. by Islie: 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
Let's wait and see how the event unfolds..... Because if you take politicians by their words, you will be dazed by the next shocker they would bring out
Re: Will Jega Be Sacked Or Not? Check Out President Jonathan's New Verdict. by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 1:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
both jega and gej should vacate their respective offices I can't even believe that after several noise on the media concerning PVC collection I still can't get mine
somebody that I registered before the same day and venue has his why many others card are not printed
it is disgusting
Re: Will Jega Be Sacked Or Not? Check Out President Jonathan's New Verdict. by Orunto: 1:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
You cannot force Jega not to resign if he wants to, why is APC now forcing Jega's employer not to be clueful. Mr. President has a Constitutional responsibility to do a job well, please let him do it without hindrance and with loyal staff and not those suspected to be working for the opposition and bokoharam.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Deputy Governor, Ikuru, Under Fire Over Call For “blood Fight” / I Am Proud To Be Jonathan’s VP- Sambo / The Correct Report Of What Transpired Between The Oba Of Lagos And The Igbos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.