Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria (104511 Views)

Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? / Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary / 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by creamynuela88: 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
ignis:
What's the mode of application?

Naija has turned one to be directionless, not knowing what you want.

Applying for every available job... Immigration, Bank, Airforce, Navy, KPMG, PWC, lecturing, Teaching, Driver, Oil company, construction company,Marketer, Sales representative, etc without having a focus.

May God help us

Amen. U are so right.

1 Like

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by chimoskyg(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
No one love Education like I do now.
Will be a graduate of Economics Education frm Unijos dis year.
Educational courses are the best!
I love teaching

3 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by IbkD: 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
BiHung:
its a lie
I so second that. I taught in one of the schools mentioned by the op and they pay peanuts and treat their staff like they are nonentities. Their quality of education can hardly be measured with the ridiculous fees because they make the children king over the teachers and parents to dictate level of discipline with their money. I loooove teaching. It gives me joy when the students go - oh.....okay....I understandit now. It is very rewarding, but hardly in monetary terms. I'm saying this so you don't get disappointed when you face contrary situations from what the op has published. Still, very few schools pay as well as what the op says and give WONDERFUL benefits.

2 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Na teaching sure pass.

I'v been working with this private school in Lagos, as a classroom teacher. The most interestin part is that i am just a school cert. holder. In less than a year there, i've learnt so much and i've influenced my kids in so many ways (positively).

My pay is way below 20k, but thank God for the after-school lessons. I'm happy my pupils are learning fast and steadily from me, and it gives me joy that they understand my lessons easily. I teach basic 5. Every kid in RPS loves Mr. John.

How can teaching be boring when i have the likes of Aligbe, Seun, Precious, Akunne in my class If the passion is there, u will view teachin from a different angle.

I pledge to be a teacher in future, n thats why i'v decided to go back to school and get myself a decent cert.

Make una late my Englishi over 10, cus i wan improvement oo.

4 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by tayoccu(m): 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
Zico5:

Check very well mr man. Omu-aran is not offa. Even see how u pronounce Adesoye and omu-aran

Oga Zico, Adesoye college is on the outskirts of offa.
I was invited for their test 2 years ago, but I couldn't attend because of the communal clash between offa and Erin.
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by castruccio(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
yaskarahyelhope:

Aw can U be cut out with teaching? Its ya type that will act like that film titled "BAD TEACHER". And its ya type that will see teaching as WETIN I GO DO AS I NO SEE JOB. Ur type will ruin d destinies of children and ask dem to pay some substantial amt of money to get high grade. May God punish those kind of teachers as He will hold dem responsible for diminishing d IQs of such children even to university level. Teaching boring as hell, and U were tot. Ramsense!

MUMU HAVE YOU HEARD THE SAYING THAT YOU SHOULD FOLLOW YOUR PASSION? OR YOU SEE ME AS ONE WHO GO AFTER MONEY AND NOT PASSION... MY FRIEND! NA GOD GO PUNISH YOUR MAMA AND PAPA TOGETHER WITH ALL YOUR GENERATION... BIG FOOL DAN BANZAR AKUYA KAWAI.... COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON AT ALL AS IT IS EVIDENT IN YOU, HUNGRYsickbitch.... YOURTYPE NORMALLY END UP IN THE 'I HATE MY JOB SCENARIO' BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT READY TO FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS AND PASSION ... OR YOU DONT HAVE ONE.... AKAMU BRAIN
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by zicoraads: 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
New Horizons College, Minna. Start up pay for teachers is upto 50k. In about a year...it climbs to 70k. That is in addition to other benefits.
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by castruccio(m): 7:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
crazygod:

OMG! On the contrary, teaching is fun. Besides, u can make loads of money by being a part time tutor in schools. Imagine working for 5 schools.and I've being paid 20k per month and u jst teach 2 times in a week in each school. Dude, the summary of it is that you will be making 100k in a month and still.have time for your personal biz.
ITS TRUE SHA! BUT NOT MY PASSION.... I TRIED IT ONCE IN A FRIENDS SCHOOL AND I WAS DOZING OFF

1 Like

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by nijanigga: 7:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
Zico5:
I was fortunate to visit Adesoye international school, Omu-aran. I moved around and was amazed with the materials and structure built in the area. The only thing that surprised me was the take home of some university graduates which is not up to 50k then. I wonder how such organization where students re paying nothing less than 500k per session could not pay up to 100k. The reality is that to get school that will pay up to the amount op stated above will be difficult cos the competition will be too stiff. Also, introduction of contract staff to Nigeria workforce has destroyed the marketability of our graduates and government has paid a deaf hear to the issue. May God help us, teaching is one of the best job before but things re not the same again and
we need the intervention of government to make it right
adesoye college in omu-aran ?
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by romzyxy(m): 7:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
[quote author=akubudejud post=31259920][/quote]

wat course did u study?
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Evathyst(f): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
Are these things the OP posted here for real? If I hear?

Where's the passion for teaching where u'r not allowed to use a cane at least minimally on erratic students? Big school, big problem.

I used to think big schools make teaching interesting until I got a job at a big school in surulere last year (Name witheld). Forget it, my students are more like spoilt brat. Funny enough, the school places a higher priority on social events than academic activities. Praying for a lucrative job, will leave this advanced baby-sitting profession called 'Teaching' undecided

4 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2015
Those that read the whole write up should help me out here cos the note was a bit lengthy for someone like me that hasn't eaten since morning to read... Thanks
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by stan241(m): 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2015
If you have the passion trust me teaching can be so so fun especially when after hours of head scratching they finally get it oh dear its a heavenly feeling....the problem will always be the pay that's why I'm going all the way thank God I'm an educationist which gives me an added advantage...def go for my PGD then Masters and keep climbing till the highest possible height....Lecturer abi Lecturing assistants earn quite high nowadays so im def motivated especially cus its a passion of mine but as for sec school its OYO...went for an interview in an Indian owned school at Onitsha GRA and after all the forming the ladies there did and passing the exam which no be here at all they said my start up pay will be 10k i just told them I wanted to go take passport and disappeared ta God punish poverty

3 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 03, 2015
My greatest dream is becoming a teacher,
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2015
Bloombreed, Port Harcourt undecided undecided undecided Pays 100-350k Hello Is it the Bloombreed I know or another??

It's so disheartening that pupils in these schools pay exorbitant fees but yet, their teachers (qualified ones of course) gets peanuts @ month end, and the most annoying are those they even owe..

Discipline in these schools are not even allowed or very minimal, and kids turn to tyrants..

God help private school owners angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by samiflexx(m): 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
stan241:
If you have the passion trust me teaching can be so so fun especially when after hours of head scratching they finally get it oh dear its a heavenly feeling....the problem will always be the pay that's why I'm going all the way thank God I'm an educationist which gives me an added advantage...def go for my PGD then Masters and keep climbing till the highest possible height....Lecturer abi Lecturing assistants earn quite high nowadays so im def motivated especially cus its a passion of mine but as for sec school its OYO...went for an interview in an Indian owned school at Onitsha GRA and after all the forming the ladies there did and passing the exam which no be here at all they said my start up pay will be 10k i just told them I wanted to go take passport and disappeared ta God punish poverty
lolx, u rilly do well. 9ce strategy.
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Bigdreams(m): 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Thanks OP for the enlightening piece.

To help those who desire to learn how to craft professional CVs, I have written a detailed guide which is available for download FREE.

Please, go to www.thesolutionplace.com/cv

Thanks.
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
[author=Zico5 post=31268423]
Check very well mr man. Omu-aran is not offa. Even see how u [i]pronounce[i] Adesoye and omu-aran
Spelt you mean?
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 03, 2015
[author=Zico5 post=31268423]
Check very well mr man. Omu-aran is not offa. Even see how u pronounce Adesoye and omu-aran
Spelt you mean?
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by cirmuell(m): 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
ignis:
What's the mode of application?

Naija has turned one to be directionless, not knowing what you want.

Applying for every available job... Immigration, Bank, Airforce, Navy, KPMG, PWC, lecturing, Teaching, Driver, Oil company, construction company,Marketer, Sales representative, etc without having a focus.

May God help us
Lmao.
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Abumadea: 8:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
I swear by the name of God, this guy is telling the truth. I am a testimony. I studied pure Chemistry, but today am a teacher. I started small like he said. My first salary in one mushroom school was 25k and I taught 5 subjects. I endured just to gather experience. I left after like a year to another one that offered me just 20k cos the stress was lesser. I even got married on this salary and my friends were like, how are u managing? I became a dad after just 10months. I left after a month to another one with a lesser stress. The funniest thing was that I was paid 25k from which I will transport myself with 10k every month. But today, am in Lekki enjoying good pay in a better, bigger and more powerful school. They wouldn't av given me such opportunity if I had no teaching experience, no WAY.am not there yet. So I'll say, rather than waiting for a big job other than teaching which might not come for years, y not take up a teaching job. Just start from somewhere and b4 u know it u are there.

3 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by romzyxy(m): 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
WIZGUY69:
I earn #3.5m per annum as a teacher.

yea it is possible. Is it government or private?
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Oceemo(m): 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I pray its true. Cos last 2 months i saw one of my secondary school teacher and i almost cried. i cant believe a teacher can be living in that much abject poverty.

My plan is i will go to my sch every year and give back to the teachers who are hardworking, though some of them dont deserve it but men, they are all part of who we are today, lets all make this a yearly thing, give back to the people that taught us and made us who we are today
lol grin grin bros u self as u talk am I know e funny u give back 2 them yearly.u still living close 2 ur tracher?
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by romzyxy(m): 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
Bloombreed, Port Harcourt undecided undecided undecided Pays 100-350k Hello Is it the Bloombreed I know or another??

It's so disheartening that pupils in these schools pay exorbitant fees but yet, their teachers (qualified ones of course) gets peanuts @ month end, and the most annoying are those they even owe..

Discipline in these schools are not even allowed or very minimal, and kids turn to tyrants..

God help private school owners angry angry

after all the money they paid still you want to discipline them. you dare not. xcept you want to lose your students to another school or lose your job!

1 Like

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by stan241(m): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
samiflexx:
lolx, u rilly do well. 9ce strategy.
my brother the kinda cars parked outside the school sef will give you an idea as to their school fees then you want to do start up pay 10k had to run o
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2015
romzyxy:

after all the money they paid still you want to discipline them. you dare not. xcept you want to lose your students to another school or lose your job!
And why shouldn't they be disciplined undecided undecided? Is it always about the money or the grooming of the kid(s) into better and responsible people in future??

As a well experienced teacher, you ought to know the right measures/approach in disciplining a child, as regards his/her offence.. Discipline doesn't necessarily have to be 'hitting with a cane'..

1 Like

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2015
just a lill while...
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by christabeli: 10:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
yungbeef:
Bin teachn in a crappy sch for 2yrs nao. Paid less dan 20k. Hv waka d entire lag for 2yrs 4 smtin better stil no shw. Am a Bsc holder in political sci (2.2). This article hs embolden me. Mayb I shld jst stp seein it as a part time job & go professional wit it. Pls hw cn I strt d process of gettin an education degree in those org u mentioned. Wil lik to knw d costs & duration. My no is 08064452333. Appreciate
NTI just started a new session. just Google it.
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by kings09(m): 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
@Op. Pls holla me ur whatsapp num cos I'd like to hav a personal chat wit n hav more info on dis. Pm me or mail me on chidionyeka2002@yahoo.com
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by GentleFrank(m): 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nice article. Teaching is a good profession. You can start from the small level and grow. The problem with young graduates nowadays is simply impatience and laziness ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airforce, Nigerian Army, Immigration, SSS, NDLEA, Or Custom Recruiting? / N-power- I Just Received My Stipend. / Production Technician @ Nestle Nigeria Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.