Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

No Individual Should Own An Oil Well - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Individual Should Own An Oil Well (1499 Views)

"We Blew Up Chevron's Oil Well" - Niger Delta Avengers / Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) / Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by aljharem(m): 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
No individual shld own an oil well according to the President, we'll get there...

#forwardmarch
#neveragain
#pdp

2 Likes

Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
Too late

He's getting booted out
Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by Seun(m): 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
In my opinion, anyone can own it if they paid market price for it. If the auctions to sell the oil wells are opened to all to get the best price.
Of course, if the process is open and fair then it's extremely unlikely that any individual person will be able to afford to own an oil well.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by ArchEnemy(m): 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
Who is going to stop the big men from owning oil blocks? We are waiting to see
Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by smakati(m): 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
I totally disagree with this brand of communism. Capitalism should be encouraged
Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by alaoeri: 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
Individual can own an oil well in as much as they go through the right channel.

1 Like

Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by engrtee(f): 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
Gej fighting oil cabals since 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by PAINGAIN: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
Seun:
In my opinion, anyone can own it if they paid market price for it. If the auctions to sell the oil wells are opened to all to get the best price.
Of course, if the process is open and fair then it's extremely unlikely that any individual person will be able to afford to own an oil well.
u r absolutely right. Owning an oil well is not d problem but how d ownership is acquired. Not this I'm.
Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by aljharem(m): 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Seun:

Oga Seun, there is no where in the whole that individuals will own oil wells and you expect the process to be transparent.

Nigeria's wealth is crude oil, individuals owning this means they can be more powerful than the country itself.

Money and power are two sides of the same coin

Nigerian wealth needs to be redistributed evenly.
Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by gunuvi(m): 1:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
That's the statement that made the enemies of Nigeria, the Cabals, the North and some greedy southwestern to be shouting Change just to protect their looting of our collective commonwealth. But God will put all of them to shame!.
Never again!!!!
Never never again!!!!!!
Its GEJ till 2019

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by Kingspin(m): 2:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
Oil well has become a political tool in the hands few therefore ,no individual should be allow to own one.
Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by anonimi: 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
aljharem:
No individual shld own an oil well according to the President, we'll get there...

#forwardmarch
#neveragain
#pdp

Now others may understand the heat by the INDIVIDUAL owners of oil well in the Niger Delta have coalesced into the coven of broom-wielding rumour mongers to convince their mumu fellow citizens to vote in the daft old soldier who is the Baba of corruption angry

2 Likes

Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by candidbabe(f): 2:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
This is one of the reason while the northern cabals do not want the continuity of Gej ,but God will put all of them to shame .

GEJ TILL 2019.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by ishiamu(m): 2:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
candidbabe:
This is one of the reason while the northern cabals do not want the continuity of Gej ,but God will put all of them to shame .

GEJ TILL 2019.
Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by macolino(m): 3:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
nice move jona..TY danjuma n the likes should invest in sugar cane n kolanut from the north not our oil anymore..i see the reason they have been shouting change change like conductors...ndiara

2 Likes

Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by blackfase(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
I agree. Worst case scenario, subject it to a referandum and see what happens....
Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
completely agree

it should be Nationalised

1 Like

Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by aljharem(m): 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
blackfase:
I agree. Worst case scenario, subject it to a referandum and see what happens....

In fact no referandum, this is the nations wealth we are talking about

What drives our economy

The fg through nnpc and other agencies should own it. Individuals should only be allowed to service it
Re: No Individual Should Own An Oil Well by blackfase(m): 4:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
I totally agree with u. Makes no sense putting d entire wealth of a nation in d hands of a few greedy selfish individuals in d midst of crunchin poverty. I'm with jonathan on this one.....

aljharem:

In fact no referandum, this is the nations wealth we are talking about

What drives our economy

The fg through nnpc and other agencies should own it. Individuals should only be allowed to service it

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Live: 1million March For Buhari / #nigeriadecides Accreditation Unit In Ali Marami Of Damaturu, Yobe State / The Voting Pattern By Esomnofu Arinze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.